PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Curry making the rounds

RustShack
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2009, 9:44 p.m.

Though Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry’s chances of being the No. 1 overall selection in the 2009 draft have been shrinking in light of the Lions’ acquisition of linebacker Julian Peterson, Curry still is on track to be a top-five pick.
According to Adam Caplan of Scout.com, Curry will visit the Bengals, Browns, and Chiefs.
Caplan also points out, citing NFLDraftScout.com, that Curry is expected to have a private workout with the Browns and the Seahawks.
Curry previously visited the Lions, before the trade that sent brought Peterson to town.

bdeg
03-23-2009, 09:56 PM
I wonder how much time they will spend on pass-rushing.

RustShack
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
I found it interesting they just said he was visiting us, the Bengals, and Browns... and that he was WORKING OUT with the Browns and Seahawks.

bdeg
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
I found it interesting they just said he was visiting us, the Bengals, and Browns... and that he was WORKING OUT with the Browns and Seahawks.

Different sources, different wordings maybe?

I hope we're working him out

Kyle DeLexus
03-23-2009, 10:08 PM
I hope they are too. I hope they workout all the top prospects and get a better evaluation and create buzz if we are wanting to try and trade down.

bdeg
03-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I hope they are too. I hope they workout all the top prospects and get a better evaluation and create buzz if we are wanting to try and trade down.

Yup, guy's always more valuable if the team you're trading with wants him.(from their perspective)

bdeg
03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
And it can never hurt to have more information

skky man
03-24-2009, 01:29 AM
I hope we keep it such a secret that we forget to tell the guys by the phones and we look like the Vikings did a few years back..........

Mecca
03-24-2009, 01:33 AM
I've honestly yet to see a really good reason as to why Aaron Curry is worth a top 5 pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2009, 01:35 AM
I've honestly yet to see a really good reason as to why Aaron Curry is worth a top 5 pick.

Because he is an elite pass rusher. So good, he was never asked to do it in college, because being a cover backer is so much more important in the college game.

Mecca
03-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Because he is an elite pass rusher. So good, he was never asked to do it in college, because being a cover backer is so much more important in the college game.

He isn't even as good of a prospect as Rivers and Mayo were, that's a sad fact that people don't like to talk about.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2009, 01:39 AM
He's a better prospect than Mayo. He lacks the pedigree that Rivers had.

He's basically Derrick Johnson playing against inferior competition, but with a better ability to shed blockers.

Mecca
03-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Even if you want to say he's as good or slightly better of a prospect than Mayo, I give Mayo a slight edge for conference and versatility as he actually played inside and outside in college..but either way giving that to you.

This "best LB in years" shit should stop because there is no way he is a better prospect than Rivers was.

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 01:45 AM
He isn't even as good of a prospect as Rivers and Mayo were, that's a sad fact that people don't like to talk about.

lol you say that is a fact? people that have watched Curry know that he is the best LB prospect to come to the draft in nearly a decade.

Mecca
03-24-2009, 01:46 AM
lol you say that is a fact? people that have watched Curry know that he is the best LB prospect to come to the draft in nearly a decade.

Yea he's a better prospect than Pat Willis right.....

This Curry shit is completely overblown no one had him this high until Mayock sucked his dick all over NFL network, he is the one player that all the draft guys are placing super high without any explanation.

It literally makes no sense, he's a player that doesn't do anything exceptionally well and plays a position of low value, how's this make sense?

And actually I don't know why I went to Willis, when frankly guys like DaMarcus Ware completely shit on Curry.

Curry is the best LB prospect to come to the draft, this year.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 01:54 AM
I loved Willis coming out, I couldn't believe more people weren't impressed by his speed at the time(his ferocious tackling was obvious). But he really wasn't rated all THAT highly.

Mecca
03-24-2009, 01:57 AM
I loved Willis coming out, I couldn't believe more people weren't impressed by his speed at the time(his ferocious tackling was obvious). But he really wasn't rated all THAT highly.

I don't have a problem with Curry if people looking at him realistically, he's a good solid player, but he is not this game changing player that people will talk about how he changed his position or the best LB prospect in a decade he's not even the best LB prospect of the past 12 months.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Yup, not only does Brown play a more important position, but I think he'll end up being a better player.

beavis
03-24-2009, 02:08 AM
I don't have a problem with Curry if people looking at him realistically, he's a good solid player, but he is not this game changing player that people will talk about how he changed his position or the best LB prospect in a decade he's not even the best LB prospect of the past 12 months.

Not to mention the most important fact, that he didn't play for USC.

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Yea he's a better prospect than Pat Willis right.....

This Curry shit is completely overblown no one had him this high until Mayock sucked his dick all over NFL network, he is the one player that all the draft guys are placing super high without any explanation.

It literally makes no sense, he's a player that doesn't do anything exceptionally well and plays a position of low value, how's this make sense?

And actually I don't know why I went to Willis, when frankly guys like DaMarcus Ware completely shit on Curry.

Curry is the best LB prospect to come to the draft, this year.

How much of Curry have you actually watched not counting youtube videos? If you go through games you might realize what myself, Mayock, Casserly, Davis, and everyone else is talking about. Now I will say Willis is about as close of a prospect to Curry that has been out for a while. But Curry is a better prospect than Ware was at the time. Sure you can say Ware was the better prospect. But you will never be able to take away what you already know about Ware and what he has already done in the NFL. When Ware came into the NFL he lacked a quick first step, and was constantly beat by larger O-lineman. Ware wasnt even supposed to be taken ahead of Derrick Johnson or Shawne Merriman in the 05 draft. Look at him now, hes fixed those things and he currently is better than any LB in the 05 class. But as a prospect at the time Ware had more downside than Curry does at all.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Maybe it's more about upside than downside.

Regarding both players

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 02:14 AM
what i basically ment was that Ware had more negatives than Curry at his draft time.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 02:16 AM
what i basically ment was that Ware had more negatives than Curry at his draft time.

And I'm saying Ware had more upside I mean wow

40 yd dash - 4.56
vert leap - 38 1/2
bench press - 430lbs
broad jump - 10' 7"

Mecca
03-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Not to mention Ware was a defensive end with pass rush moves...

How can you say Curry has a better first step when Ware was the one playing end and rushing when Curry has never done that?

KCrockaholic
40-Yard Dash 4.56
Bench press 25
Vertical jump 37.0
Broad jump 10'4
60-yard shuttle 11.35

mm, not much difference measurable wise. but upside doesnt necesarily mean putting up good numbers at the combine.

bdeg
Wow this just in
As an added bonus, Brown cranked out 39 repetitions with 225 pounds on the bench press and a 34-inch vertical leap, both improving on his combine standards.

http://staugustine.com/stories/031709/sports_031709_053.shtml

bdeg
03-24-2009, 02:21 AM
40-Yard Dash 4.56
Bench press 25
Vertical jump 37.0
Broad jump 10'4
60-yard shuttle 11.35

mm, not much difference measurable wise. but upside doesnt necesarily mean putting up good numbers at the combine.

If Curry had played DE in college and gotten 27.5 sacks maybe that would be a comparison you could make

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Not to mention Ware was a defensive end with pass rush moves...

How can you say Curry has a better first step when Ware was the one playing end and rushing when Curry has never done that?

his play recognition quickness is hard to beat. first step doesnt always mean pass rushing.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 02:24 AM
his play recognition quickness is hard to beat. first step doesnt always mean pass rushing.

The important kind does

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 02:30 AM
"Wow this just in
As an added bonus, Brown cranked out 39 repetitions with 225 pounds on the bench press and a 34-inch vertical leap, both improving on his combine standards.

http://staugustine.com/stories/03170...1709_053.shtml"

yes thats impressive on the bench. Not many DE's can do that. Like ive said before, my arugement isnt as much about being against Brown as it is that I dont think he should be the #3 pick. Great measureables are fun to look at and test, but what really matters is how they play on the field. decision making, fluid hips, tackling technique, field awerness. These things arent tested hardly at all in the combines and pro days....for example, Tank Tyler put up 40 on the bench. Well it has not translated at all yet into actually playing the game.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 02:32 AM
"Wow this just in

http://staugustine.com/stories/03170...1709_053.shtml"

yes thats impressive on the bench. Not many DE's can do that. Like ive said before, my arugement isnt as much about being against Brown as it is that I dont think he should be the #3 pick. Great measureables are fun to look at and test, but what really matters is how they play on the field. decision making, fluid hips, tackling technique, field awerness. These things arent tested hardly at all in the combines and pro days....for example, Tank Tyler put up 40 on the bench. Well it has not translated at all yet into actually playing the game.

Give me a break I've talked a lot more about how Brown plays than how he tests if you've read our huge threads on him..

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Ill go ahead and admit that I wont be upset if we draft Everette Brown. Its just my preference that we get a guy with the attitude and leadership to rebuild this defense around. I believe Curry should be the guy, you believe it should be Brown. I dont think we could really go to far wrong with either guy. But Curry is my preference of choice.

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 02:35 AM
"Give me a break I've talked a lot more about how Brown plays than how he tests if you've read our huge threads on him.."

f'n quote thing isnt workin...

yeah im still tryin to figure out our how conversation ended up on this thread....

htismaqe
03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Ill go ahead and admit that I wont be upset if we draft Everette Brown. Its just my preference that we get a guy with the attitude and leadership to rebuild this defense around. I believe Curry should be the guy, you believe it should be Brown. I dont think we could really go to far wrong with either guy. But Curry is my preference of choice.

I don't understand this. Why would anybody expect Curry to instantly come in a be a leader? Furthermore, how do you build around an ILB? It's like expecting him to develop into a pass rusher when he's never done it before.

The people that want Curry the most are the ones setting the most unrealistic expectations for him. There's no way he's going to be able to live up to them.

htismaqe
03-24-2009, 08:24 AM
How much of Curry have you actually watched not counting youtube videos? If you go through games you might realize what myself, Mayock, Casserly, Davis, and everyone else is talking about. Now I will say Willis is about as close of a prospect to Curry that has been out for a while. But Curry is a better prospect than Ware was at the time. Sure you can say Ware was the better prospect. But you will never be able to take away what you already know about Ware and what he has already done in the NFL. When Ware came into the NFL he lacked a quick first step, and was constantly beat by larger O-lineman. Ware wasnt even supposed to be taken ahead of Derrick Johnson or Shawne "roidman" Merriman in the 05 draft. Look at him now, hes fixed those things and he currently is better than any LB in the 05 class. But as a prospect at the time Ware had more downside than Curry does at all.

Ware RUSHES THE PASSER. Comparing him to Curry is like comparing Priest Holmes to Mike Cox.

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Ware RUSHES THE PASSER. Comparing him to Curry is like comparing Priest Holmes to Mike Cox.

LMAO

Are you referring to "Clay" Curry, the unbelievable prospect who can be molded into anything your heart desires?