PDA

View Full Version : Electronics DirectTV dvr is acting screwey!

penguinz
03-24-2009, 09:04 AM
The other day the guide was thinking it was July 14th. Now the guide is current but other problems. It no longer auto records even though the guide shows it is set to record. Also.. When watching a recorded show and fast-forwarding the time line bar never changes.

Anything I can do other than call DTV and get my 3rd DVR in less than a year?

movinbones
03-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I am having similar problems. On Sunday my guide said it was April 3rd at the top and July 14th just above the times and everything was listed as TBA or no info available.

I have 1 DVR that ever time I set up a season pass it won't get a HD signal and therefore nothing records.

I record the Kansas and Mizzou games in HD and standard on Sunday just in case.

I never had these problems with TiVo:cuss:

Mr. Krab
03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I believe they must of reset something or one of the updates they had screwed with something. I had a similiar problem and got it fixed by a reboot and an overnight update.

Demonpenz
03-24-2009, 09:36 AM
mozilla.org

Buehler445
03-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I think it is low on antifreeze.

I had the menu problem and reset it and it was fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

tomahawk kid
03-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I believe they must of reset something or one of the updates they had screwed with something. I had a similiar problem and got it fixed by a reboot and an overnight update.

I'm having the same thing happen.

Did you just unplug the DVR and plug it back in, or did you actually have to call into DirecTV?

Mr. Krab
03-24-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm having the same thing happen.

Did you just unplug the DVR and plug it back in, or did you actually have to call into DirecTV?
I went in and did a Manual Phone call update, then went to settings and did a manual restart.

It took a long time to do the manual update but some of the stuff was fixed after the restart. The rest of it was fixed after it did its normal auto update overnight.

was really weird though

tomahawk kid
03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
I went in and did a Manual Phone call update, then went to settings and did a manual restart.

It took a long time to do the manual update but some of the stuff was fixed after the restart. The rest of it was fixed after it did its normal auto update overnight.

was really weird though

The manual phone update is done through DTV's automated phone system I take it?