PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Case For Larry

Hammock Parties
03-24-2009, 01:38 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/850023.html

As a child growing up in the 1980’s, my favorite television program was “The Lone Ranger.” It aired via reruns three times a week on the BBC, and with each show, Clayton Moore would gallop out of the dust, dodge bullets, win the day and ride away on his trusty steed, Silver. I was fairly enthralled with “The Lone Ranger,” and never missed an episode.

I moved to America, got older, and forgot about “The Lone Ranger.” Then one day, watching a football game, someone else galloped out of the dust, dodged linebackers, won the game and disappeared, only to return a week later. His name was Larry Johnson. I was fairly enthralled, and never missed an episode.

For three years, the Chiefs pretty much won games because of Larry Johnson. In 2004, Johnson had three 100-yard games. The Chiefs won all three. The next season, Johnson racked up 10 100-yard efforts. The Chiefs won seven of those games. In 2006, the Chiefs won nine games, and eight featured 100 yards from Johnson.

So for three years, Dick Vermeil and Herm Edwards saddled Johnson up, and it was “Hi-Ho, Larry! Away!” And the Chiefs won the day. Just like “The Lone Ranger.”

I suppose that is why I like Larry Johnson so much. He makes me feel like a kid again. I would sit in front of my tiny, 14-inch TV set all those years ago, and every week, I couldn’t wait to watch Clayton Moore in black and white. Today I sit in front of a 52-inch TV set, and every week during football season I can’t wait to watch Larry Johnson in red and white.

But the last two years, something terrible has happened. Johnson’s torrent of 100-yard games has almost completely dried up, and, not surprisingly, the Chiefs have stopped winning games. “The Lone Ranger” has been getting pounded by the bad guys every week, and Tonto has been running around on the sideline, looking fairly clueless.

Even worse, Johnson’s off-the-field behavior has raised question marks about his future. It’s as if people stopped watching “The Lone Ranger,” and instead of defending truth and justice in the old west, Clayton Moore decided to walk into the nearest saloon and start angrily dousing people with Sarsaparilla.

And now Larry Johnson wants to ride off into the sunset forever. He’s determined to walk off the set at Arrowhead Stadium, perhaps to return someday as the villain. According to remarks stated and re-stated by Johnson this offseason, he wants out. It appears he’s convinced himself that he doesn’t much care for Kansas City, and Kansas City doesn’t much care for him.

Larry, don’t hang up your six-guns just yet.

Maybe you’re Kansas City’s Lone Ranger, but you’re not alone. Chiefs fans still care about you, still want to see you scoring touchdowns, and are terrified at the thought of losing you.

Maybe you don’t believe it. Maybe you only encounter, angry, bitter fans who are irritated at your lack of production and sizable contract. But there are still plenty of fans who can see beyond that, have been Larry Johnson fans from the beginning and remain fans to this day. <table align="right" cellspacing="7" width="225"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/65/657541.jpg
Larry heads for the end zone, and Williams.
AP </td></tr></tbody></table>The first time you ran for 100 yards at Arrowhead Stadium you were practically face to face with one of them. You darted into the secondary, put a move on John Lynch and rambled in for the touchdown. Shane Williams, an Independence, Missouri season-ticket holder since 1991, was sitting in section 110, four rows back.

Williams was wearing your Penn State jersey, holding up a sign that read, quite simply, “LJ.” You pointed right at him as you strolled through the end zone. Williams knows what kind of player you are. He knows you were happy to hang out with fans at “The Boomer Grigsby Show,” (which may have been the highlight of the show’s one-season run) and to sign autographs until your fingers are ready to fall off. He calls you “first class.”

Williams is not alone. Larry Johnson fans come from as far away as Billings, Montana, where Dan was sold on you the moment you broke the 2,000-yard rushing barrier at Penn State.

“Even if he wasn’t on the Chiefs, I'd still like him,” says Dan. “He's special because he's the kind of back that wants to win, and when the offense is meshing well he'll find a way to put the cherry on top.”

And that cherry, Larry, is undoubtedly your running style. Chiefs fans love it. Andrew, from New Jersey, calls it a “run-into-defenders-first, ask-questions-later mentality.” There are even some fans that see you as a throwback to the old days of Marty Schottenheimer.

“I don’t remember Christian Okoye much, and I never really knew what it was like to have an every-down running back for a long chunk of my fan life,” says Robert from Blue Springs, Missouri. “Then came the Vermeil years, and with that came Priest Holmes, who we all fell in love with. Then, all of a sudden, here comes Larry. He's bigger, faster, and stronger than anyone I've seen put on a Chiefs jersey. How could you not fall in love with somebody who has those physical skills and put up the kind of results LJ did?”

Brian, from Vina, Alabama, became “enamored” with your running style as soon as you replaced Holmes.

“I like physical football,” he says. “And the way that Johnson would actually seek out defenders to punish them and look to actually hit the defenders, well, I found that very appealing. I believe that Johnson is one of the top running backs in the NFL and is immensely talented, but I feel that the refusal to supply him with even a decent line has wasted some of his prime years.”

And there’s a key issue on everyone’s minds. Johnson turns 30 this November, the supposed age of decline for every NFL running back. So the question begs – what does Larry Johnson have left? Can he hand out punishment as he did in 2005 and 2006?

His fans see no reason to doubt.

“I believe Johnson has three to four good years ahead of him, and possibly even five,” says Brian. “The reason is that Johnson does not have the normal mileage, or wear and tear, of a standard running back his age. People often forget that he wasn't in the featured role in college until his senior year. Then when he came into the NFL, he was on the bench behind Priest Holmes for the first couple of years and did not get a starting role until midway through his third year.”

“He is also a durable player, with the only injury of his career coming from a freak accident tackle from A.J. Hawk (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4209026) of the Packers, in which he came down on top of Johnson's foot. So, provided that that injury doesn't come back to haunt him, I believe that Johnson has several productive years left.”

And despite the fact that Johnson failed to rush for 1,000 yards last year, some fans see 2008 as proof that he’s not close to being finished. <table align="right" cellspacing="7" width="225"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/65/657542.jpg
Will Larry ride again?
Getty </td></tr></tbody></table> “His 198-yard game last year is proof that with the right play calling he is effective for the running game, even when there was little confidence in the offensive line,” says Dan. “He can still be a reliant third-down back. He can participate in decoy plays because when he's in, the defense will almost always focus on him and it’s a perfect chance for a pass.”

So just how upset will these fans be if Larry Johnson is not a Chief next season? So upset they’re brainstorming scenarios in which he can stay. Andrew, from New Jersey thinks Johnson could be effective in the two-back system, a recent popular development in the NFL. Another fan compares Johnson’s current situation to what Ricky Williams (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4215419) went through in Miami.

“When Parcells came in at some point I'm sure he met with Ricky, asked him where his head was at, and told him he planned to run him," says Andrew from Overland Park, Kansas. "If Scott Pioli (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3933332) believes LJ is talented, then he will run him, and that's what he should do. All he would have to do to get back in good graces with the fanbase is work hard, and score touchdowns. People have short term memories, especially when it comes to superstar athletes.”

And Andrew may have a point. Because it wasn’t that long ago that the Chiefs had no feature back to count on, and every offseason in Kansas City was filled with speculation over star running backs from other teams. Count Dan among those who are not ready for a return to those days.

“A lot of fans don't like him but I think if he left people wouldn’t realize what they had until he was gone,” says Dan. “He has his problems, but that’s his business and everyone has their own problems that they're not proud of. Some fans don't agree with his attitude, but I think he, like the rest of the fans, were not happy the way things were being run under Edwards.”

Could that be the real problem? Is the contract dispute, all the off-the-field issues and the lack of production just a smokescreen for a larger problem? Maybe in the end, Johnson just wants to win. Brian certainly feels that way.

“I think Larry Johnson is just a guy who really wants to win badly, and he is frustrated because we haven't been winning,” says Brian. “I think he is frustrated because the offensive line issues have not been addressed in a long time. I feel that if these issues are addressed this offseason, due to the change in coaching staff and management, Johnson will perhaps have a change of heart, and may decide that he wants to finish his career as a Chief.”

Can that really happen? Against all odds? Will Larry Johnson have a change of heart, and decide to stay in Kansas City? To take advantage of a rebuilt offensive line? To run over more defenders, score more touchdowns and win more games?

Clark Hunt's recent words in the Kansas City Star would certainly seem to indicate that Johnson might now be more inclined to stay. But as fans, we want to hear it from Larry's mouth.

Perhaps we won’t find out for months. All we know for the present is that yes, Larry Johnson, you do have fans. And they’re trying to reach out to you.

“The man respects the game, and the players that came before him,” says Michael, in Seattle. “He truly wants to be the best running back that ever played the game.”

“He can run through anyone,” says Jeremy, in Waterloo, Iowa.

“He is a great talent,” says Brian, in Alabama.

And so, Larry, the fans have spoken. We’re waiting to see what Scott Pioli and Todd Haley build in Kansas City. Join us, because there’s no reason “The Lone Ranger” can’t ride at Arrowhead Stadium again.

CupidStunt
03-24-2009, 01:39 PM
The case for Larry: .

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 01:40 PM
So Larry's case is that you watched the lone ranger as a kid. Oookay.

The Franchise
03-24-2009, 01:42 PM
“I think Larry Johnson is just a guy who really wants to win badly, and he is frustrated because we haven't been winning,” says Brian. “I think he is frustrated because the offensive line issues have not been addressed in a long time. I feel that if these issues are addressed this offseason, due to the change in coaching staff and management, Johnson will perhaps have a change of heart, and may decide that he wants to finish his career as a Chief.”

Change of heart? How about this LJ? You signed a fucking contract.....honor it and shut the fuck up.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm not against Larry being on the team, so long as he WANTS to be hear, and backs it up with effort.

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 01:43 PM
All we know for the present is that yes, Larry Johnson, you do have fans. And they’re trying to reach out to you.

Umm, yeah...

**** that.

What he needs is for someone to "reach out" and smack some ****ing sense into his dumb ass.

Crush
03-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Larry has definitely lost his burst.

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2009, 01:45 PM
well if michael, jeremy and brian say it then im all for it.

raybec 4
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
My fav was the part where Chiefs fans are "terrified" of losing the spitter.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
wow

you care way too much about larry johnson

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Did you really quote a couple of random fans? lol.

How's Dan doing? Is he a WPI member?

Chiefaholic
03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
If the franchise can get reasonable draft compensation (late 2nd early 3rd) for a guy who doesn't want to be here, then take it. If other franchises want him for peanuts, then keep his ass in KC to avoid the cap hit.

talastan
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
The original post has definitely lost his burst.

FYP :D

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
If the franchise can get reasonable draft compensation (late 2nd early 3rd) for a guy who doesn't want to be here, then take it. If other franchises want him for peanuts, then keep his ass in KC to avoid the cap hit.

you don't seem to understand. jeremy in waterloo says "He can run through anyone".

Hammock Parties
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Did you really quote a couple of random fans? lol.

How's Dan doing? Is he a WPI member?

He's a Chiefsplanet member.

the Talking Can
03-24-2009, 01:56 PM
lj is a quitter

he's never cared about winning...or blocking...or showing up on time....or not beating women...

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 01:56 PM
He's a Chiefsplanet member.

I'm pretty sure I know who Dan is now. Too funny.

I vote for him to kick Larry's ass.

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 01:57 PM
lj is a quitter

he's never cared about winning...or blocking...or showing up on time....or not beating women...

Yes.

He's a little ****ing bitch who has had his ass wiped by others for his entire life, yet he wants to claim that he's had it rough.

I didn't like Grandpa at all, but he had LJ pegged from day one with the diaper comment.

Skip Towne
03-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.... The Lone Ranger rides again....

Fish
03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Did you have to look up the correct spelling of Sarsaparilla?

Hammock Parties
03-24-2009, 02:24 PM

ROFL

Yes!

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Sioux City Sarsaparilla?

Fish
03-24-2009, 02:29 PM
ROFL

Yes!

:D

At least you did your due diligence...

Simply Red
03-24-2009, 02:31 PM
I liked it okay.

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2009, 02:32 PM
I liked it okay.

oh thats right sr is dating someone from the ACLU

Micjones
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I'll take him back if he's willing to contribute to the team both on and off the field.

The guy can still play football.

Katipan
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
People that live in Waterloo do have an above average intellegence.

RJ
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Larry Johnson was once a very good, maybe great football player, but that was then. Apparently he was never a very good person. It won't bother me if he never plays another down for the Chiefs and I don't understand anyone longing so for his return.

RustShack
03-24-2009, 03:01 PM
LJ will thrive under Haley, Gailey, and Carthon. You heard it here!

Micjones
03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
LJ will thrive under Haley, Gailey, and Carthon. You heard it here!

Not if they don't do something about that Offensive Line.
Though I tend to agree.

Molitoth
03-24-2009, 03:06 PM
If they utilize LJ in a screen, and in the flat... he could be of some great use.
Luckily we do not have Herm here to run it up the lineman ass all day anymore. I'm willing to give LJ another shot with this new front office.

RustShack
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Not if they don't do something about that Offensive Line.
Though I tend to agree.

I still wouldn't rule out Goff coming here. Another year of experience for Albert, Taylor, Richardson, and Niswanger also. We might even add a starter and/or some more depth in the draft also. I think we upgraded at the Oline coaching position also. I'm not saying we will have a top line, but I think it could end up middle of the pack this year.

EyePod
03-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Larry has definitely lost his burst.

You are a fucking idiot. He ran amazingly for us when he was in last year.

TRR
03-24-2009, 04:03 PM
"Maybe in the end, Johnson just wants to win..."

In the end, Johnson just needs to stop abusing woman, and become a decent citizen. Until he does that, he is better off on another team as far as I am concerned.

KC needs good quality football players, and above all, good quality people. Larry Johnson's career has had flashes of brilliance. I wish I could say the same for his off the field personality.

RealSNR
03-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Larry used to be awesome. If I could have 2005 Larry Johnson, I'd gladly have that.

I'm sick of this pussy 07 and 08 Larry Johnson though. The back that goes down after any type of contact, has slowed down, and doesn't shut up. I don't care what kind of offensive line is in front of him. The 2005 Larry wouldn't get clogged up in the backfield like this one does.

So no, if he's not going to return to form, don't want him. I doubt he will, so let's ship his ass off for any kind of compensation we can get.

RealSNR
03-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Do they keep track of broken tackles? $10 says Dwayne Bowe has more broken tackles in the past two years than Larry Johnson.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Do they keep track of broken tackles? $10 says Dwayne Bowe has more broken tackles in the past two years than Larry Johnson.

D. Bowe is the shit.

Can't wait to see Haley utilize him. I'm guessing a lot of quick stuff to him.

soundmind
03-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Larry needs only to develop a habitual drug problem to round out his bullsh*t existence.

He use to be a potentially phenomenal back. Then he decided that it wasn't his completely lack-luster effort, dogsh*t personality, RIDICULOUS contract, and overall sense of entitlement that had him in the wrong direction....but the people of Kansas City.

F*** you Larry - here's to hoping you ginger and dance your way into a busted ACL....for a different club.

penchief
03-24-2009, 04:54 PM
lj is a quitter

LJ has some character flaws, no doubt. But I wouldn't go so far as to say all that.

I will be very interested to see what the new staff can do with LJ and his talent. He has never been in a situation where the coaching staff had the ability or the desire to make the most of his talent.

I think LJ is a competitor and does want to be great but has a hard time controlling himself when he gets frustrated. And I believe he was frustrated under both Vermeil and Edwards both because he felt like he was not being used effectively and because he felt disrespected at times. If Carthon and Haley can motivate LJ with the right mix of discipline and respect I believe that LJ can respond in a positive way.

From listening to Haley I get feeling he would like to get a shot at getting the most out of LJ.

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
LJ is all about LJ, all the time. And this is why his bitch ass refuses to block.

If it were a meaningful statistic in his eyes, or if he believed it would help him get more play on SportsCenter, I'm sure he'd turn into a hellashish blocker. Being about "the team" isn't LJ's M.O., though.

He's a bitch.

Nightfyre
03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
I still cant believe people get paid to write this shit.

wild1
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
dear LJ,

you are a bitch.

GTFO.

Thanks,

everyone

Hammock Parties
03-24-2009, 05:35 PM
LJ is all about LJ, all the time. And this is why his bitch ass refuses to block.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5215/powaa9.gif

Pioli Zombie
03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
God that was Gay
Posted via Mobile Device

lazepoo
03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Larry's got talent, it's whether or not he's got his head on straight that bothers me. He's not worth keeping around if he's going to complain all season and be a distraction, and he won't be worth shit in a trade if he rides the bench all year. Maybe Larry realizes that we're his best chance to succeed, though. Honestly, where else will he get paid like he is here and be on top of the depth chart?

KCrockaholic
03-24-2009, 06:01 PM
No....Larry's case is "Get the F___ out!"

Bwana
03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Fug the thug.

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Dallas. '05.

A perfect microcosm of LJ's tenure in KC.

Go ahead and roll the .gif of that ****ing dandy.

Hammock Parties
03-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Dallas. '05.

A perfect microcosm of LJ's tenure in KC.

Go ahead and roll the .gif of that ****ing dandy.

Because players can't improve. :rolleyes:

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 07:26 PM

He didn't. He's still the same selfish little prick that he's always been.

But of course you'll say he's matured, right? Absolutely. As evidenced by the "Scarface" lead in he requested before giving his "I want out" interview on 610...

Hammock Parties
03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
He didn't. He's still the same selfish little prick that he's always been.

But of course you'll say he's matured, right?

His apologetic behavior after his suspension last year is proof of it.

I don't blame him for being frustrated and wanting out. But if Clark Hunt's comments are accurate he's turned a new leaf over there...we'll see.

wild1
03-24-2009, 07:28 PM

He's going into his 7th year and will turn 30 this year.

So when is that improvement supposed to happen?

DeezNutz
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
His apologetic behavior after his suspension last year is proof of it.

I don't blame him for being frustrated and wanting out. But if Clark Hunt's comments are accurate he's turned a new leaf over there...we'll see.

Hey, I'm willing to think differently of the guy if he presents me with some evidence.

But I haven't seen anything on or off the field to suggest the development of a "team" attitude.

dshyne101
03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
I Love 27 and i hope he doesnt go anywhere!!

PHOG
03-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Put his diapers BACK on (as if the bitch ever took them off), let him go spit in some other womans face, and then ship that piece of shit off to Seattle, where we won't have to put up with man love articles like this anymore...

Deberg_1990
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
LJ 4 Life!!

Pioli Zombie
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Would draft picks do you think LJ and Gonzalez are worth?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
How could you possibly write that with LJs nutsack covering your eyes?

Spicy McHaggis
03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Sioux City Sarsaparilla?

Say friend, you got any more of that good sarsaparilla?

whoman69
03-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Larry's career was ended when Herm took over and made the offense Larry or bust. It busted alright. He doesn't have any trade value, and as bad as he is, the Chiefs don't really have another option.

Deberg_1990
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Larry's career was ended when Herm took over and made the offense Larry or bust. It busted alright. He doesn't have any trade value, and as bad as he is, the Chiefs don't really have another option.

LJ can still play. Will he ever be an 1800 yard back again? Probably not, but he can still play. He ripped off several nice runs last year even in that dumb pistol offense.

If anything he was underutilized last year after he came back.

Johnny Vegas
03-24-2009, 09:29 PM
w00t! LJ!!! your my boy blue!

soundmind
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm telling you, someone just needs to poison him....maybe sweep the leg...whatever it takes. We cannot trade him, it does no good to keep him. We need to exercise whatever loophole there is in his contract.

He holds ZERO trade value, for all the obvious reasons, starting with his being an ungrateful, depreciating, aging, crying b*tch. He's suppose to be an imposing "power" back and all I ever hear is crying, self-pity and self-promotion. Intimidating he is not.

Turned a new leaf.......????

It's a shade late for that 27, you need to just turn a new life, and shoot yourself before you breed.

Smed1065
03-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Welcome LJ back........

No here is how I saw the same BS?

From same site? That confuses me? Same BS and same results?

Trust us we are credible?

We reported LJ'S concern since his "glory" days.

OK, We said it was.

We covered the facts and it was covered up for "the" playbook that was lost.

Then we said no coverage cause we sucked Carls member press pass. OK LJ was untouchable, that has nothing to do with him thinking fudge you. I am god with money. I had it rough? Oh yeah.

Athan did report someone lost a playbook and inside info
but when it was LJ, It was cut off.

Yes, it was LJ that lost the playbook, he was mad cause it had blocking in it. I bet.

He thought blocking was a word for Carl covering his lack of caring and was exposed to the cover up by his drafter. When he did not have to care, I am the best ever. Why not think so because a GM said si? Then came the money and why woory because I want to ne there best but wht try?best with a great line. I am great because CP said so and he drafted me. Why try improve when you are the "KING" said I was?

So it not Larrys fault, he was told he did not have to try by the "KING" But if he cared about even a try at the best, he would have known an effort and improvement was on the line, not a O-line. IMO.

PS: Even if you did pay $99.95 for inside info, you got gagged as well.

Oh WE NEVER SAID A BREAKING STORY. LOL

True story of LJ.

Walk In Athan! We need readers?

Shhh!

Was but we never knew-LOL?

The story never happened? Damn my money!

Right now WPI says they have 420 users online?

BS, I say. They have an average of 10 new post a day but have 420 users now?

7 AM?

Guess Nickki is lying since I posted his WS value.

I am not great at math but see BS when 2 years ago they averaged 120 a day(posters)

Now at 7 AM have 420 with 8 replies a day? I have been wrong B4. Was 420 percent increase with 1 percent post increase.
I think the real reason is because I used real value website and posted it thier.

Fuck Nick , no fuck you Nick!
Nick mortgage business with that honesty.

LOL
How long will the facts last this morning?

Posted thier as well.

I call BS again.

Welcome LJ back........

And Clay-LOL

Smed1065
03-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned in 5 seconds. LOL Damn

I own a record I bet, Nick send me a email -smed0665@yahoo.com Pussy!

Goatse style I see! Yea 400 users now. Is he that dumb...NM

I know

Tell Nick he is fucked because the facts last 5 minutes show he had 33 real users (400)?

I have logged his users at 33-LOL

Nice broker at 69% defaults

Last fall

Sue me bitch, it facts!

OMG Karma!

Damn ban me for posting your website facts here again?

At least Clay can spell and/or type.

Sorry I am rude but Mortgage/type/football/personality?

Your fucked!

Oh Just wanted to remind :)

BS results unless you have 389 ID's-LOL

LOL

Oh Nick call me. 800 fuck-you

Sucks when you lie to yourself but even worse when you have to face it as a fact.

OMG Blue spam from a 400 person website at 7 AM?

Loser!

Wow IP bann with 350 ? GJ-see you at 9 AM.

LOL

400 and a 2 minute ban. Press it so I can see your IP!

soundmind
03-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Smed......are you taking snips off the brandy at 7am?? I can't read three lines of this without getting completely dumbfounded. I understand a lot of people hate Nick Athan and his weak site, but fragmented ramblings don't go very far for your case...

Sully
03-25-2009, 08:17 AM
You know what pisses me off more than "Thugs?"

'Thugs" who were raised in nice neighborhoods with everything they ever needed/wanted.

Larry simply needs to grow up.

I wanted so badly to love the guy, but I'm done.
I'd much rather see Charles...or anyone else, really...than Larry playing behind the Chiefs line.

Katipan
03-25-2009, 08:19 AM
If you spin around the room really fast and then read it it makes more sense.

HemiEd
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Vermeil spotted his lack of strong character, early on, and he didn't even want him on the team.

It has been all about LJ, and nothing but LJ, since the self absorbed punk was drafted.

That being said, I hope the Chiefs get something for their money, maybe one of the new coaches can teach him how to block.

kcbubb
03-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Vermeil spotted his lack of strong character, early on, and he didn't even want him on the team.

It has been all about LJ, and nothing but LJ, since the self absorbed punk was drafted.

That being said, I hope the Chiefs get something for their money, maybe one of the new coaches can teach him how to block.

which is pretty bad considering Vermeil. Vermeil is the coach who cried over Lawrence Phillips. I don't think it is a stretch to say that Vermeil liked Phillips personally more than LJ. LJ really seems to have authority figure problems.

I still hope that we keep LJ and I hope that he can be successful.

Sully
03-25-2009, 08:46 AM

I'm still glad he was overruled, though.

He wanted Tyler Brayton.

HemiEd
03-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm still glad he was overruled, though.

He wanted Tyler Brayton.

Yeah, even I can not defend DV's draft record. I used to try and justify it, and be positive about it, but just can't.

Sully
03-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah, even I can not defend DV's draft record. I used to try and justify it, and be positive about it, but just can't.

When he got here I was excited about his coaching, but even then I thought his talent evaluation was very questionable...after Phillips, and also after the fit he threw when he lost Trent. If he had known Warner was what he was, he'd have never been that emotional about it.

Plus, he was a huge fan of Tony Banks.

Pioli Zombie
03-25-2009, 09:13 AM
A 4th for LJ and a 3rd for Tony G.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
you don't seem to understand. jeremy in waterloo says "He can run through anyone".

Thats RustShack to you mother fucker!

ROFL

Skip Towne
03-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Thats RustShack to you mother fucker!

ROFL

WTF is a RustShack?

RustShack
03-25-2009, 12:01 PM
WTF is a RustShack?

I really don't know... :doh!:

Katipan
03-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I really don't know... :doh!:

You're fucking up our curve here.

Crush
03-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Rust Shack
A synonym for Rust College. Furious chronic masturbation.
Antonio Rust Shacked so hard that he covered his entire keyboard in man jelly.

John, don't go in that stall. Some douche Rust Shacked all over the place. I've never seen so much jizz.

RustShack
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Rust Shack
A synonym for Rust College. Furious chronic masturbation.
Antonio Rust Shacked so hard that he covered his entire keyboard in man jelly.

John, don't go in that stall. Some douche Rust Shacked all over the place. I've never seen so much jizz.

ROFL

whoman69
03-25-2009, 06:19 PM
LJ can still play. Will he ever be an 1800 yard back again? Probably not, but he can still play. He ripped off several nice runs last year even in that dumb pistol offense.

If anything he was underutilized last year after he came back.

We used to agree more. :hmmm::$2500::)

Larry was an elite back when Herm came in. He was wasted on third and long draw plays called after two busted runs with the defense keying on him. He went from over 5 yards a carry to 3.5 after the injury. Just like Jamaal Anderson before he was used way too much and wasn't worth much since. He isn't even a thousand yard back since. If he was underutilized its because he has not worked on his game to be an adequate pass blocker or receiver. When he was in there the other team knew it was probably to run.

wild1
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
he was underutilized because he wasn't effective.

if a guy cant block, can't hit holes hard, can't break tackles, etc... if someone was as punchless as LJ has been the last two years... why would you keep giving him carries?

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
He went from over 5 yards a carry to 3.5 after the injury.

Larry averaged 4.5 YPC last year.

Would you like to try again?

wild1
03-25-2009, 06:27 PM

I would. How did he do besides the two games in which he was effective last year?

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:29 PM
I would. How did he do besides the two games in which he was effective last year?

Larry had five games of at least 80 yards rushing.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Larry is a pampered little bitch who likes to pretend he's had it rough. In the meantime, he likes to get rough with the women folk at clubs.

His bitchness off the field extends to his play on Sundays.

I urge you to revise your article.

wild1
03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Larry had five games of at least 80 yards rushing.

Effective in 5 out of 16 games. That's a pretty high bar for a guy who got $20 million in guaranteed money.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Effective in 5 out of 16 games. That's a pretty high bar for a guy who got $20 million in guaranteed money.

First off, Larry played in 12 games.

Second, the offensive line was shit.

Third, you're a retard.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 06:35 PM

Third, you're a retard.

He must have been hurt, huh? Oh, wait...

We still love you111

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
The Larry hate in this thread is disgusting.

You'll all want to suck him off this fall when he's scoring touchdowns and ripping it up again.

And Larry will look down and whisper.......no.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 06:40 PM
The Larry hate in this thread is disgusting.

You'll all want to suck him off this fall when he's scoring touchdowns and ripping it up again.

And Larry will look down and whisper.......no.

No. Not going to happen.

I'll take my chances that I'm right about a 30+-year-old RB who has the intestinal fortitude of a sniveling little bitch.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
No. Not going to happen.

I'll take my chances that I'm right about a 30+-year-old RB who has the intestinal fortitude of a sniveling little bitch.

He's not 30 until November.

wild1
03-25-2009, 06:41 PM

Third, you're a retard.

Ok then. So he was effective in 5 out of 12 games. Boy, I'm really starting to be impressed.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Ok then. So he was effective in 5 out of 12 games. Boy, I'm really starting to be impressed.

Again you fail to consider the offensive line. Or the retards running the team.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 06:43 PM
He's not 30 until November.

So he'll be 30+, correct?

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:50 PM
He'll be back.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7540/goldc.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goldc.jpg)

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 06:52 PM
He'll be back.

Yep. Here he is:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/03/0302_larry_johnson_split_spy.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
God....dammit!

Johnny Vegas
03-25-2009, 07:07 PM
LJ will be back! Edwards had LJ as the RBOTF and a lot of you believed it whether you admit or not. I know some on here flat out didn't and I know who you are. Thats probably why you hate him so much because he's expendable and wouldn't/didn't live up to that kind of expectation that role should be given to. Once the QBOTF comes in it'll balance everything the fuck out whether LJ's here or not. Then again everyone is expendable once they reach their peak.

Katipan
03-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Yep. Here he is:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/03/0302_larry_johnson_split_spy.jpg

What a great outfit.

Johnny Vegas
03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
What a great outfit.

I love it. I think its a great ice breaker outfit!:D I'm a kind of guy that thinks humiliation is comedy.

Katipan
03-25-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm a kind of guy that thinks humiliation is comedy.

That and an offensive line will get you a gig in the NFL.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
What a great outfit.

I'm scared to go down this road, again...