PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Roto $$$ FLB Team...Opinions?

Hootie
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Traditional 5X5 Roto scoring, 10 team league, 144 starts max...

HR/RBI/R/SB/AVG - W/K/SV/ERA/WHIP (scoring categories)

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113076&teamId=4

I feel like I need more speed...and the run on closers was INSANE...so unless I get lucky I'm going to need a more reliable closer...

Any ideas? I wasn't overly prepared (first draft) and it was pretty stressful all and all...pretty competitive league...winner takes all so I need to try and build a complete team...advice is welcome.

duncan_idaho
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
144 seems like a low max for starts. Wow.

Not much reason to really carry more than five or six starters in that case, is there? Or are you really planning to play matchups with the guys you have?

I'd dump a few of those starters for high-strikeout setup men (Putz being an example) and try to put those extra pitching spots to work for you, especially with the 144 start max.

Offense looks strong outside of SB, which you need desperately. I like taking ARod (good strategy for Roto leagues, I think). Good thing you can always find cheap steals if you're really hurting for them...

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:08 AM
144 seems like a low max for starts. Wow.

Not much reason to really carry more than five or six starters in that case, is there? Or are you really planning to play matchups with the guys you have?

I'd dump a few of those starters for high-strikeout setup men (Putz being an example) and try to put those extra pitching spots to work for you, especially with the 144 start max.

Offense looks strong outside of SB, which you need desperately. I like taking ARod (good strategy for Roto leagues, I think). Good thing you can always find cheap steals if you're really hurting for them...

All of the good setup guys are gone...trust me...this draft was strange.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Ok I just made a trade...

Sent Utley/Mark Reynolds (dropped Armando Galaragga) and received Howie Kendrick (I have him as a sleeper), Alex Rios (5 tool player), and Carlos Marmol (sure hope he's named closer)...

I think I really improved my team...even though I lost Utley.

I then sent a trade to a guy to get insurance on two of my closers...

Sent him Troy Percival (TB Closer) and Randy Johnson for Chris Ray (insurance for Sherrill) and Kevin Gregg (insurance for Marmol)...hope he accepts.

How did I do?