PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs New Acquisitions In The 4-3

RustShack
03-24-2009, 11:07 PM
The players we have brought in appear to be more of 3-4 guys, but since we will still be running a lot of the 4-3 where does Vrabel fit in? I know he used to be a DE...

RustShack
03-24-2009, 11:37 PM
I guess what I'm really asking is does Vrabel have what it takes to be a good RE for us, or would he be a strong side LB.

Tribal Warfare
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
I was of the inclination that he'll play MLB in the 4-3 set.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
LB

DE on 3rd & loooong

CoMoChief
03-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Doesnt matter, this defense will continue to blow ass for another 2-3 seasons IMO.

RustShack
03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
I think we will still be running mostly the 4-3 for a little bit, so Dorsey had best break out fast unless he wants to get lost in the 3-4. If Dorsey can quickly place himself among the top DT's in the NFL we would most likely stick with the 4-3 and at most run a hybrid. I know it takes a few years, and he was even miss used last year. I don't know if that will help him or hurt him...

philfree
03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
The article that was posted a little while back that discussed the 4-3 under tells what we're are gonna do. We'll be in the 4-3 but our RDE will be lined up in a two point stance and he will rush the passer exclusively. The fact that he's in a two point stance makes it kind of 3-4ish.

PhilFree:arrow:

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 01:04 AM
NEW ACQUISITIONS!

http://members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.888/star_wars/pics/ev-9d9.jpg

YOU'RE A FEISTY ONE! BUT YOU'LL SOON LEARN SOME RESPECT! I HAVE NEED FOR YOU ON HALEY'S SAIL BARGE! AND I THINK YOU'LL FILL IN NICELY!

htismaqe
03-25-2009, 08:24 AM
The players we have brought in appear to be more of 3-4 guys, but since we will still be running a lot of the 4-3 where does Vrabel fit in? I know he used to be a DE...

Where did this idea come from?

The entire coaching staff has 3-4 experience, that we know. And the players we've brought in, by and large, are a better fit for the 3-4.

We ASSUME that because our existing players don't fit the 3-4 all that well, the coaching staff will concede and run a 4-3 or at least a hybrid the 1st season.

But that's all it is - an assumption.

beach tribe
03-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Where did this idea come from?

The entire coaching staff has 3-4 experience, that we know. And the players we've brought in, by and large, are a better fit for the 3-4.

We ASSUME that because our existing players don't fit the 3-4 all that well, the coaching staff will concede and run a 4-3 or at least a hybrid the 1st season.

But that's all it is - an assumption.

Nope. The coaching staff themselves said we're gonna be running 4-3, and gradually trying to transition to 3-4, and would probably be running a hybrid of the two forever.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 09:14 AM
NEW ACQUISITIONS!

YOU'RE A FEISTY ONE! BUT YOU'LL SOON LEARN SOME RESPECT! I HAVE NEED FOR YOU ON HALEY'S SAIL BARGE! AND I THINK YOU'LL FILL IN NICELY!

ROFL

talastan
03-25-2009, 09:16 AM
NEW ACQUISITIONS!

I agree!! LJ needs a restraining bolt put on him! :thumb:

Radar Chief
03-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Nope. The coaching staff themselves said we're gonna be running 4-3, and gradually trying to transition to 3-4, and would probably be running a hybrid of the two forever.

Yea, Haley states the Chiefs will “potentially” be transitioning to a 3-4 in this interview.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204714

RustShack
03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
"That's why I say we're going to be in a transitional period here (to the 3-4). We may never go fully that way. You just don't know. We have to see what we have. That's part of the reason for having the camp before the draft."

Also a hybrid is still like the 4-3... All of our coaches may have 3-4 experience, but they also have 4-3 experience... and our DC has hybrid experience...

htismaqe
03-25-2009, 10:57 AM

They haven't said anything DEFINITIVELY. We MIGHT do this, we MIGHT do that.

RustShack
03-25-2009, 10:59 AM
They haven't said anything DEFINITIVELY. We MIGHT do this, we MIGHT do that.

"I'm excited to about seeing him running around and lift because he's a guy I thought a heck of a lot of coming out of college. Last year he wasn't real productive but I think he's got a lot of great versatility, especially where we are transitioning potentially to this 3-4. I think there are some roles in there for him where he could have more of an attacking role."

htismaqe
03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
"I'm excited to about seeing him running around and lift because he's a guy I thought a heck of a lot of coming out of college. Last year he wasn't real productive but I think he's got a lot of great versatility, especially where we are transitioning potentially to this 3-4. I think there are some roles in there for him where he could have more of an attacking role."

Exactly.

They've talked about nothing but hypotheticals.

Hence the word "potentially" which they've used when talking about the 3-4, the 4-3, AND the hybrid.

And yet they continue to bring in players that are better-suited for the 3-4.

Kyle DeLexus
03-25-2009, 11:10 AM
I like the idea of having a hybrid of the 2 anyways. Anything to get creative and cause some confusion for the opposing offense.

RustShack
03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Dude I wouldn't care if we ran the Dime as our base(actually our secondary is our strenght right now :hmmm:), anything is better than Gun at this point.

htismaqe
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM
I like the idea of having a hybrid of the 2 anyways. Anything to get creative and cause some confusion for the opposing offense.

It's hard to get players to do that though. You either have to have guys that can do both (rare) or overfill your roster just to accomodate. I'm not a fan.

MOhillbilly
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Doesnt matter, this defense will continue to blow ass for another 2-3 seasons IMO.

far as i care it wont ever be good with a pass happy head coach.

MOhillbilly
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Dude I wouldn't care if we ran the Dime as our base(actually our secondary is our strenght right now :hmmm:), anything is better than Gun at this point.

we used to run 6 DBs back in the day.