PDA

View Full Version : Football McDaniels thinks Cutler is a dumb drunk

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 01:51 AM
http://community.kdvr.com/_Source-Secrets-Inside-Cutler-Trade-Talks/BLOG/220410/96399.html?widgetId=161804

Source: Secrets Inside Cutler Trade Talks
By Josina Anderson, Fox 31 Denver

Several weeks ago, I called one of my NFL sources for information regarding the free agent market. I received what I expected, and something I didn't: a heads up about a "possible three-way trade in the near future."

I figured my source was talking about a deal outside of Denver; because clearly if they were holding a secret about a grain of salt in the Rocky Mountains my source would have spilled the beans even about that right then and there right?

Nope.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that vague tip weeks ago was about Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, head coach Josh McDaniels, and the "Real World" episode airing about them daily on a television set now near you.

Unfortunately, the dots were finally connected for me in our conversation just (yes just) yesterday afternoon.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry Josina. I couldn't tell you at the time. [The secret trade talks] were too high up then. But, when I knew it was about to get out I tried to call you. Unfortunately I didn't have the phone with your number in it right then and there," my source explained pitifully.

Smile.

Clearly my source forgot about this radical invention called 411. You dial it on the phone nearest to you, and ask the operator to connect you to KDVR FOX 31 in Denver.

Lol.

After I finished yanking their chain for a good ten minutes over the phone, my source relented and revealed some rather interesting details about the now infamous Cutler trade that didn't materialize, and, their primary insight about Denver's A-list key players.

The first thing the source wanted to emphasize without hesitation was the fact that McDaniels definitely had his hand in the cookie jar.

Even though McDaniels characterized the Cutler trade talks as just “conversations,” in a recent interview with the NFL Network, and said that, “there wasn’t anything that we were trying to push hard to get through,” my source begged to differ in unbridled amusement.

"[Denver] was definitely negotiating. They were trying to get a trade in place and there is no doubt about that," said the league source.

“From Minnesota to Detroit to Tampa, although they got in the game late, Denver was trying to get something in place.”

As for why McDaniels was so hard pressed to roll Cutler out on the next Rocky Mountain train to “Anywhere but Here-land” my source (with primary knowledge of these conversations) said there were consistent themes in the coach’s concerns about Cutler.

(Again this was relayed to my ears, from their ears. The following is what was heard by my source in these trade whispers, not what FOX31 cites as definite facts about Cutler.)

The source said there are concerns about Cutler’s consumption of alcohol, and “that he’s not that sharp.”

“That scared the crap out of McDaniels,” the source said.

The source expanded their perspective of McDaniels’ concerns of Cutler learning and working in the Broncos’ new offensive scheme.

“This is a very complex situation. You have to be so smart to play his [McDaniels’] offense. [Tom] Brady and [Matt] Cassel are exceedingly smart quarterbacks. They are not the best athletes in the world but they both make really intelligent decisions. Cutler has a canon for an arm, but he doesn’t manage the game like those guys in critical situations. Brady and Cassel are workaholics. They have the stature, and they have the ability,” said the source.

Well everyone can argue about who they feel is the better quarterback between Cutler and Cassel now.

But at the end of the day, when it comes to the root of all of this drama in Denver, the source told FOX31 to point at New England and Kansas City.

“[Bill] Belichick had first round offers and then some for Cassel. Believe me, a lot of people knew that was on the table. But look at what Matt ended up going to Kansas City for nothing. (Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel went to the Chiefs in exchange for a 2009 second round draft pick.) Trust me Bill wanted to pull the trigger on this one sooner rather than later. Then [Scott] Pioli [the Chiefs new General Manager and former Patriots personnel executive] was scared [edit]-less that he wasn’t going to end up with Cassel for a moment there because before he left [New England] Scott was [edit] sure he was going to get Matt-that’s why I feel he took the job in Kansas City. I am convinced it was [Belichick’s and Pioli’s master plan for [Pioli] to get Cassel all along when you watch how this played out.”

As for why Belichick ended up giving the Chiefs and Pioli such a sweetheart deal, the source opined some more.

“At the time all of this was going down, there’s was a part of me that felt like Belichick really wanted to take credit for Cassel. You see, I think if Matt goes to Kansas City, there is a chance he won’t be as good in the Chiefs’ system. Obviously if Cassel ended up in Denver, McDaniels can take more ownership of Matt’s success.”

But the league source told FOX31 sports that in his opinion Belichick took a lesser deal for Cassel in part to disassociate McDaniels’ work in Cassel’s accomplishments.

“I think Bill wants people to know that Brady and Cassel are successes because of his system. You see every other coach that left the Patriots has basically fallen flat on their face.”

As for who McDaniels will scout to replace Cutler if the Pro Bowl quarterback leaves?

“It will definitely have to be somebody who is smart enough to understand the intricacies of his system.”

And if Cutler is smart enough, he’ll make sure he convinces McDaniels he’s the guy not just physically but mentally as well.

“McDaniels has all the leverage he needs because Cutler is under contract, period. If Cutler tries to force his way out of there, plays for another team and performs poorly after all of this drama, his value will tank tremendously. Hopefully he decides to go back, but right now he is looking like an [edit].”

Hammock Parties
03-25-2009, 02:03 AM
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jay_cutler_drunk_1-copy-400x275.jpg

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jay_cutler.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Because dumbasses routinely get excellent grades in high school, go to Vanderbilt, and graduate in four years.

Crush
03-25-2009, 02:06 AM
It just keeps getting better and better.

Kyle DeLexus
03-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Because dumbasses routinely get excellent grades in high school, go to Vanderbilt, and graduate in four years.

Maybe football smarts? Kind of like the article that had Haley talking up Cassel and how he knows football.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 02:41 AM
Maybe football smarts? Kind of like the article that had Haley talking up Cassel and how he knows football.

Cutler has at least shown the ability to function outside of the shotgun and without a running game, so I don't think that he's exactly Kordell Stewart.

This all boils down to the fact that McDaniels and Pioli wanted Cassel because he was one of their guys, which is hilarious because they are going to end up either passing up or alienating superior players because of that.

bowener
03-25-2009, 02:45 AM
I thought if one was a diabetic, they were not to partake in (small) consumption of alcohol, let alone lots.

Tiger's Fan
03-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Cutler has at least shown the ability to function outside of the shotgun and without a running game, so I don't think that he's exactly Kordell Stewart.

This all boils down to the fact that McDaniels and Pioli wanted Cassel because he was one of their guys, which is hilarious because they are going to end up either passing up or alienating superior players because of that.

Yeah. We know. Cassel sucks.

BigRock
03-25-2009, 04:37 AM
I thought if one was a diabetic, they were not to partake in (small) consumption of alcohol, let alone lots.

The diabeetus hasn't slowed him down any, supposedly.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-25-2009, 04:48 AM

Not going to say you are wrong... but this guy was a star QB..... maybe, just maybe, he got a few 'breaks' along the way.

I will say, that I thought this was a poorly written piece and that the 'source' did not come off as credible to me.

And, Cutler may be very smart, I am just pointing out that often.... athletes.... especially star athletes that are well liked..... get special treatment.

unlurking
03-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Man that article is absolutely horrible. I had to stop at "Lol" (although you really do have to laugh at capitalizing an acronym).

NewChief
03-25-2009, 05:50 AM
The introduction (from the start to the lol.) to this article is some of the poorest "journalism" I've ever seen. Good grief, that's pathetic.

InChiefsHeaven
03-25-2009, 05:53 AM
I still don't get why we got Cassell AND Vrabel for a 2nd round pick...one would think that Cassell would have been enough, but it's almost like they threw in Vrabel to "sweeten" the deal...

In any case, we're in better shape right now than Dungver, and that makes for a happy offseason...

Coach
03-25-2009, 05:58 AM
I still don't get why we got Cassell AND Vrabel for a 2nd round pick...one would think that Cassell would have been enough, but it's almost like they threw in Vrabel to "sweeten" the deal...

In any case, we're in better shape right now than Dungver, and that makes for a happy offseason...

Histoy has shown that the Chiefs had awful luck when it comes to 2nd round picks, except for I think at least 3 guys. One of them being Flowers, and the other was (I believe) Reggie Tounge. Can't remember who the 3rd guy is....

Coach
03-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Histoy has shown that the Chiefs had awful luck when it comes to 2nd round picks, except for I think at least 3 guys. One of them being Flowers, and the other was (I believe) Reggie Tounge. Can't remember who the 3rd guy is....

Here it is....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5539680&postcount=233

beach tribe
03-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Man that article is absolutely horrible. I had to stop at "Lol" (although you really do have to laugh at capitalizing an acronym).

Dude, what's with you av? You into mutilation?

wild1
03-25-2009, 06:08 AM

That guy who made those picks is gone now. Not sure if that news got out or anything...

SBK
03-25-2009, 06:27 AM
I have a friend that lives in Denver and has drank with Cutler a few times. Says he's a major douche and an alcoholic.

I think we can all see he's a douche. :)

wild1
03-25-2009, 06:28 AM
i bet cutler is happy about his coach making comments about his drinking...

Coach
03-25-2009, 06:28 AM
That guy who made those picks is gone now. Not sure if that news got out or anything...

Nah, wasn't referring to him. Was referring to Joe Valerio.

DaKCMan AP
03-25-2009, 06:48 AM
I have a friend that lives in Denver and has drank with Cutler a few times. Says he's a major douche and an alcoholic.

That may be true, but if he's buying I'd party with him.

penchief
03-25-2009, 06:59 AM
I like how the article says his source gave him a tip several weeks ago about a possible three way deal yet he goes on to say that McDaniels lost out on Cassel because the broncos were too late getting involved. That doesn't seem to jibe.

SBK
03-25-2009, 07:04 AM
That may be true, but if he's buying I'd party with him.

LMAO

I'm sure most people feel that way.

Crush
03-25-2009, 07:07 AM
I think even Nick "Assclown" Athan is embarrassed by this "journalist."

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-25-2009, 08:01 AM
This is great news, Cutler the alcoholic. I've always though he had that look, like he's got a chronic hang over. But I just figured he was born looking stupid!

Radar Chief
03-25-2009, 08:24 AM
The introduction (from the start to the lol.) to this article is some of the poorest "journalism" I've ever seen. Good grief, that's pathetic.

Yea but it’s dishing dirt on a rival so I read it to the end even if it read like a text message from a 14 y.o. girl.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2009, 08:36 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2Eq15x6ko0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2Eq15x6ko0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

htismaqe
03-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Cutler has a canon for an arm, but he doesn’t manage the game like those guys in critical situations.

Very interesting...

Jethopper
03-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Here it is....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5539680&postcount=233

Joe Valero was the best pass catching right tackle we ever had.

Sully
03-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Joe Valero was the best pass catching right tackle we ever had.

I'd argue that Jason Dunn was a better pass catching tackle than Valerio.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Cutler is epic Fail.

If he gets traded the Broncos suffer

If he stays the Broncos suffer

what a great offseason!

Wile_E_Coyote
03-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Has all the signs of Denver Drunken QB Syndrome appeared?
Tripping over dogs & couches? Falling down team mate's driveways?

Crush
03-25-2009, 11:01 AM
A diabetic with a drinking problem?

ULTIMATE DONK FAIL

kcbubb
03-25-2009, 11:11 AM

Hamas is correct on this one, except that Cutler was a 5th year senior. He red shirted.

Cutler is no dummy. He's a smart guy. You can't go to Vandy and play football and graduate and be an idiot. It's too hard academically. Vandy doesn't mess around with academics.

Kyle DeLexus
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Hamas is correct on this one, except that Cutler was a 5th year senior. He red shirted.

Cutler is no dummy. He's a smart guy. You can't go to Vandy and play football and graduate and be an idiot. It's too hard academically. Vandy doesn't mess around with academics.

Neither does KU.....Brandon Rush earned his 4.0

StcChief
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM

ULTIMATE DONK FAILNO DOUBT. Talk about two things not to use in the same sentence....

Cutler is a fool.

Quesadilla Joe
03-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Eyebrow-Raising Cutler Report Gets Expunged
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2009, 8:50 a.m. EDT

On Tuesday, Josina Anderson of FOX31 in Denver posted a lengthy blurb regarding the situation involving the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler.

After an extended introductory portion in which Anderson basically claims that she would have been the one to break the news last month of a possible deal that would have brought Matt Cassel to the Broncos and sent Cutler elsewhere if only Anderson’s source had been able to call her (we’ve learned over the years that no one really cares about why a scoop “almost” was obtained), Anderson got to the meat of her story.

And then, at some point between last night and Wednesday morning, the meat was removed.

The text that was removed from Anderson’s story appears below. Several readers have confirmed that this language indeed appeared in the story, and the quote that we’re pasting below was taken from a cut-and-paste of the original story that as of this posting appears on a Jets Insider forum. (It also appears at this Broncos forum.)

The omitted language is newsworthy only because Anderson posted it, and then without explanation removed it. In reprinting the language, we are not suggesting that the assertions Anderson made are accurate. (In fact, Anderson added a disclaimer to that effect in her original story, explaining that ”[t]he following is what was heard by my source in these trade whispers, not what FOX31 cites as definite facts about Cutler.” Presumably, someone with a law degree concluded that this CYA-style language didn’t “C” enough of FOX31’s “A”.)

Here’s the text that has since been erased:

“The source said there are concerns about Cutler’s consumption of alcohol, and ‘that he’s not that sharp.’

“‘That scared the crap out of McDaniels,’ the source said.”

Frankly, we’ve developed a fairly strong opinion that Cutler is “not that sharp,” especially if reports are true that he asked to be traded before the team tried to trade him, which reportedly offended him even though he had reportedly asked to be traded.

Though we know nothing about whether and to what extent Cutler consumes alcohol, any consumption of alcohol by a Type 1 diabetes patient entails potential health risks. So if that portion of the expunged report is accurate, it would bolster our conclusion that he’s “not that sharp.” (Again, we aren’t reporting that he consumes any amount of alcohol — we’re only pointing out that someone else reported it with a disclaimer as to its accuracy, and then erased the report.)

Regardless, the news here is that a source who supposedly was in position to share with Anderson details about the possible trade of Cutler passed along these intriguing tidbits — and that the intriguing tidbits have since disappeared.

UPDATE: Here’s the cached version of Anderson’s original story. And here’s a photo from the 2006 Bartenders’ Martini Miracle Ball. We’ll assume for now that he’s drinking a Pepsi. And holding a Pepsi.

Crush
03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
In that case, Josina Anderson FAIL.

Radar Chief
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM

I don’t care where he went to school a diabetic with a drinking problem is a fool.

veist
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
As has been mentioned millions of times before don't ignore the money, the Pats have a ton of FAs in house next year that they presumably may want to keep some of. Trading Vrabel keeps him out of the division unlike cutting him and clears cap room. Our willingness to take Cassel sans a new deal as a condition of the trade also had to make it very appealing because it cleared him from the books and no worries about contract negotiations. And an early 2nd like that is probably going to net you someone you had targeted as a possible selection in the late 1st with a considerably smaller contract, again good for a team with lots of FAs of its own to pay.

vailpass
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Not going to say you are wrong... but this guy was a star QB..... maybe, just maybe, he got a few 'breaks' along the way.

I will say, that I thought this was a poorly written piece and that the 'source' did not come off as credible to me.

And, Cutler may be very smart, I am just pointing out that often.... athletes.... especially star athletes that are well liked..... get special treatment.

Alabama, Florida, USC etc. might give their athletes breaks on academics whenever they can.
Vanderbilt, Darthmouth, Brown etc. require their athletes to perform at the same academic level as non-athletes. Thus the fact they field teams that can't compete with the traditional powers.

As to this "article": please. Whose teenage daughter wrote this thing?

vailpass
03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I don’t care where he went to school a diabetic with a drinking problem is a fool.

If you are basing your belief that Cutler has a drinking problem on the "article" in this thread you may want to seek a second source.

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
UPDATE: Here’s the cached version of Anderson’s original story. And here’s a photo from the 2006 Bartenders’ Martini Miracle Ball. We’ll assume for now that he’s drinking a Pepsi. And holding a Pepsi.

He was diagnosed in 2007 with type 1. So this picture in th eOP was from 06. The effing media.

Frazod
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM

ULTIMATE DONK FAIL

Yes.

One of my best friends was diagnosed with diabetes last year. He wasn't a problem drinker by any means, but he did drink (primarily good scotch). Stopped cold after he was diagnosed and won't touch a drop now. Drinking is one of the worst things a diabetic can do.

If this drinking thing is true, this clown is doomed. It's only a matter of time before everything catches up to him. Any GM that trades anything for him would be insane.

Radar Chief
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
If you are basing your belief that Cutler has a drinking problem on the "article" in this thread you may want to seek a second source.

As to this "article": please. Whose teenage daughter wrote this thing?

We agree on the quality of the article.

Yea but it’s dishing dirt on a rival so I read it to the end even if it read like a text message from a 14 y.o. girl.

As for his drinking problem, I’m relying more on posted pictures:

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jay_cutler_drunk_1-copy-400x275.jpg

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jay_cutler.jpg

And the personal account of a fellow CP’er.

Ok, friend of a friend then.

It’s reasonable to believe that whatever the frequency and volume of his drinking that it’s not unordinary when compared to other 25 y.o. millionaires, but when you throw diabetes into the mix any drinking can be considered excessive.

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
We agree on the quality of the article.

As for his drinking problem, I’m relying more on posted pictures:

And the personal account of a fellow CP’er.

Ok, friend of a friend then.

It’s reasonable to believe that whatever the frequency and volume of his drinking that it’s not unordinary when compared to other 25 y.o. millionaires, but when you throw diabetes into the mix any drinking can be considered excessive.

Those pictures are from 2006 before he was diagnosed in 2007(basically a year ago)

Radar Chief
03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
He was diagnosed in 2007 with type 1. So this picture in th eOP was from 06. The effing media.

If he’s quit drinking since being diagnosed that would change my opinion.
He’s still a dirty cheating donk, but he’d be less of a fool for drinking, even if he’s still one for sticking around that pile of an organization. ;)

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2009, 12:58 PM
If he’s quit drinking since being diagnosed that would change my opinion.
He’s still a dirty cheating donk, but he’d be less of a fool for drinking, even if he’s still one for sticking around that pile of an organization. ;)

I couldn't say what he does with his free time or how much he drinks now or when he does it. All I am saying is douchebag FOX31 posted that up knowing the fact that it was before he was disnosed to get a respinse from the public geared toward a certain outcome.

buddha
03-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Cutler is getting killed for no reason. From everything I've read from reputable media sources (assuming you believe any of them are), Cutler has become a health fiend since being diagnosed with diabetes.

As for the "dumb" claim, he has those droopy eyes, which makes him look a little challenged...no question about it. However, Vandy is one of the best schools in the nation and he made it through their system. Secondly, I've never heard anybody say that Shanny's system was particularly simple or dumbed down. He is known for having a complex offense.

Somehow this poor, dumb, alcholic, soft, lucky-to-be-in-the-league QB threw for 4,000+ yards last season, and he did it without any running game.

The finger of blame points to Donkey Head Ass Clown #1 McDaniels. How many rookie head coaches have come into a situation where he had a pro bowl QB and clumsily tried to trade him right off the bat? Did he think the negotiations WOULDN'T get out? Was Cassell THAT good that he was worth risking everything...before you even tried to introduce your system to the pro bowl guy?

I promise you that Pat Bowlens is drinking himself into a stupor every night, second guessing his decision to hire this buffoon.

There is no way that Cutler doesn't get traded now, and Denver is in no position to ask for Cutler's true market value.

Kyle DeLexus
03-25-2009, 01:02 PM
There is no way that Cutler doesn't get traded now, and Denver is in no position to ask for Cutler's true market value.

I disagree, I think there is a very good chance that he doesn't get traded.

buddha
03-25-2009, 01:28 PM
I disagree, I think there is a very good chance that he doesn't get traded.

I guess we'll see. If they don't trade Cutler, good luck with mending that relationship. :thumb:

vailpass
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Those pictures are from 2006 before he was diagnosed in 2007(basically a year ago)

One of those pics shows him with a beer in his hand. BFD.
The other one caught him with his eyes closed. BFD

I don't see anything incriminating about them no matter what. It's not like those pics of Kyle Orton from a couple of years ago. That brother was getting housed!

vailpass
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Cutler is getting killed for no reason. From everything I've read from reputable media sources (assuming you believe any of them are), Cutler has become a health fiend since being diagnosed with diabetes.

As for the "dumb" claim, he has those droopy eyes, which makes him look a little challenged...no question about it. However, Vandy is one of the best schools in the nation and he made it through their system. Secondly, I've never heard anybody say that Shanny's system was particularly simple or dumbed down. He is known for having a complex offense.

Somehow this poor, dumb, alcholic, soft, lucky-to-be-in-the-league QB threw for 4,000+ yards last season, and he did it without any running game.

The finger of blame points to Donkey Head Ass Clown #1 McDaniels. How many rookie head coaches have come into a situation where he had a pro bowl QB and clumsily tried to trade him right off the bat? Did he think the negotiations WOULDN'T get out? Was Cassell THAT good that he was worth risking everything...before you even tried to introduce your system to the pro bowl guy?

I promise you that Pat Bowlens is drinking himself into a stupor every night, second guessing his decision to hire this buffoon.

Completely agree with everything you say here except I'm not as certain as you that Cutler will be traded. Could go either way.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes.

One of my best friends was diagnosed with diabetes last year. He wasn't a problem drinker by any means, but he did drink (primarily good scotch). Stopped cold after he was diagnosed and won't touch a drop now. Drinking is one of the worst things a diabetic can do.

If this drinking thing is true, this clown is doomed. It's only a matter of time before everything catches up to him. Any GM that trades anything for him would be insane.
My friend was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 12 years old...and he drinks like a fish...doesn't seem to effect him much at all.

Not saying it's good for him...but if you didn't know he was diabetic, you'd never guess it.

rtmike
03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Apparently Cutler's smart enough to call a cab. :spock:

Frazod
03-25-2009, 02:18 PM
My friend was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 12 years old...and he drinks like a fish...doesn't seem to effect him much at all.

Not saying it's good for him...but if you didn't know he was diabetic, you'd never guess it.

It is absolutely not good for him, and he'll pay the price for it later in life. My friend is 40, and was losing the ability to walk. He had no choice but to crack down drastically.

Of course, there is a big difference between both of our friends and a professional football player, too.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 02:22 PM
It is absolutely not good for him, and he'll pay the price for it later in life. My friend is 40, and was losing the ability to walk. He had no choice but to crack down drastically.

Of course, there is a big difference between both of our friends and a professional football player, too.

True.

I just thought it was funny because he works at a bar and none of the people he worked with even knew he was diabetic...he called me the other day at work and needed his kit for something so I brought it down and everyone was like..."you're diabetic?"

And then they proceeded to give him a really hard time for drinking as much as he does...which is probably true...but I can't blame the guy for wanting to have fun in his 20s like the rest of us.

Frazod
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
True.

I just thought it was funny because he works at a bar and none of the people he worked with even knew he was diabetic...he called me the other day at work and needed his kit for something so I brought it down and everyone was like..."you're diabetic?"

And then they proceeded to give him a really hard time for drinking as much as he does...which is probably true...but I can't blame the guy for wanting to have fun in his 20s like the rest of us.

Understandable. One of my friends dated a girl who is diabetic and has absolutely refused to take care of herself. She's in her mid-20s now and it's really starting to catch up with her. Your friend is living on borrowed time - when the end result is stuff like blindness and limbs rotting off, it should be taken seriously. Hopefully he'll snap out of it soon.

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Cutler won't get traded and he'll be playing Denver next year and beyond.

1: Nobody can offer us what we think he's worth
2: He has no leverage what-so-ever.

Mile High Mania
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
This thread is funny and pretty much the highly credible work of someone that is on the level of Claythan...

Hootie
03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Understandable. One of my friends dated a girl who is diabetic and has absolutely refused to take care of herself. She's in her mid-20s now and it's really starting to catch up with her. Your friend is living on borrowed time - when the end result is stuff like blindness and limbs rotting off, it should be taken seriously. Hopefully he'll snap out of it soon.
Hopefully there will be a cure before long...

Radar Chief
03-25-2009, 03:12 PM

A friend has a worthless in-law that’s minus a leg because he’s a diabetic that can't, more like won't, kick the sauce.
He’s not even 50 yet and they’re already whittling on him. :shake:

rockymtnchief
03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I had a friend who was diabetic, quit drinking at 30, and was still dead by 37. I wouldn't mess with booze at all.

wild1
03-25-2009, 04:54 PM

yeah... it won't be cool when hootie's friend has his feet amputated or something

Jethopper
03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
blah blah blah, liquor is the spice of life.

FAX
03-25-2009, 11:52 PM

ROFL

A whole lot of dumbasses graduate from Vanderbilt, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. Believe me, I know. I've hired quite a few of them.

FAX

Cormac
03-26-2009, 09:09 AM
This thread is funny and pretty much the highly credible work of someone that is on the level of Claythan...

True. ROFL

That broad makes Rhonda Moss' writing read like Tolstoy.