PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Lions still keeping eye out for trade down and Cutler

Mr. Krab
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
News (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/)Mayhew: Lions open to trading top pick (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/24/mayhew-lions-open-to-trading-top-pick/) <!-- p class="post-info-author">By Vic Carucci</p -->

DANA POINT, Calif. — Despite the fact the Detroit Lions have made it public that they are seeking to negotiate a contract with the yet-to-be-unidentified player they would make the No. 1 overall pick of next month’s draft, general manager Martin Mayhew told me today that he is open to trading the choice if he could land the right difference-maker from another team.

<script>new nfl.widgets.VideoPlayer({ contentId: "09000d5d80f6e10b", related: "home", adSetting: "1", playerName: "blog_embedded", size: "inline", uniqid: "09000d5d80f6e10b"})</script><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://static.nfl.com/static/site/flash/video/inline-video-player.swf" style="" id="v09000d5d80f6e10bswf" name="v09000d5d80f6e10bswf" bgcolor="#000000" quality="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="opaque" flashvars="uniqid=v09000d5d80f6e10bswf&contentId=09000d5d80f6e10b&related=home&playerName=blog_embedded&adSetting=1" width="384" height="217">[/URL]

When asked specifically about Jay Cutler and if Mayhew would consider trading the top pick for the unhappy Broncos quarterback, he didn’t shoot down the idea.

“We’re open to all options with that pick,” Mayhew said during a break at the NFL Annual Meeting. “Obviously, it has value to us, and if it has value to somebody else, then we can talk about that.”

On Sunday, Lions president Tom Lewand told Tom Kowalski of Booth Newspapers in Lansing, Mich., that the team was looking forward to discussions with “agents of players we’re interested in.” Speculation elsewhere has identified the Lions’ leading candidate as Baylor offensive tackle Jason Smith.

But the team also figures to be very much in the market for a quarterback. If the Lions don’t select one in the draft, they would need to find one somewhere else. For the record, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels [URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f6891b&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true"]insists the team wants to hang onto Cutler (http://static.nfl.com/static/site/flash/video/inline-video-player.swf).

– Vic Carucci

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't think they need a QB. They just need to do the True Fan Shuffle and acquire nothing but linemen on both sides of the ball.

Yep, that's what they should do.

Smed1065
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Who gives a fuck?

Oh yeah we hope so and they keep #1, fuck Cuntler.

I hope he stays in Dungver as elway and a sharpe.....Not for kids BTW.

chop
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
It seems like most people here in Michigan do not want to take Stafford in the draft. Most want the Lions to trade for Cutler and draft Aaron Curry with the top pick.

Detroit news radio said that the San Francisco crossed Stafford off of their list because of a comment he made during an interview with some psychologist. I guess the guy asked Stafford if there was still some unsettled business with him concerning his (Stafford) parents divorce. Stafford asked if he was getting charged for this psycho analysis. I guess Singletary didn't like that comment and decided to take him off of their draft board.

htismaqe
03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
It seems like most people here in Michigan do not want to take Stafford in the draft. Most want the Lions to trade for Cutler and draft Aaron Curry with the top pick.

Detroit news radio said that the San Francisco crossed Stafford off of their list because of a comment he made during an interview with some psychologist. I guess the guy asked Stafford if there was still some unsettled business with him concerning his (Stafford) parents divorce. Stafford asked if he was getting charged for this psycho analysis. I guess Singletary didn't like that comment and decided to take him off of their draft board.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 10:57 AM

LMAO

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I guess the guy asked Stafford if there was still some unsettled business with him concerning his (Stafford) parents divorce. Stafford asked if he was getting charged for this psycho analysis. I guess Singletary didn't like that comment and decided to take him off of their draft board.

I'm assuming this is a joke because it was successful in making me laugh.

If it's true, and Stafford really did make this comment, I've just elevated him on my board.

Crush
03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Singletary should not have the power of controlling a franchise.