PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports 1 spot left for ChiefsPlanet Fantasy Baseball!

Hootie
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Someone step up so we can fill the league...

12 team, H2H, 50 transaction limit...

Will set the draft date and league settings when full...we have a good group right now, need one more player that will be active!

Thanks.

KevB
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Someone step up so we can fill the league...

12 team, H2H, 50 transaction limit...

Will set the draft date and league settings when full...we have a good group right now, need one more player that will be active!

Thanks.

I'll play....sent my e-mail via pm

Hootie
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
I sent you an invite last week to your email...I tried to send another one...let me know if you find it...I know these emails can be screwy sometimes.

RJ
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
I'll play....sent my e-mail via pm

I was hoping you'd jump in.

duncan_idaho
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I have a non Chiefsplanet buddy who would play if we can't find a 12th. Is that cool, or do we want to keep it board-only?

Hootie
03-25-2009, 02:45 PM
I have a non Chiefsplanet buddy who would play if we can't find a 12th. Is that cool, or do we want to keep it board-only?

We just added #12...

I am going to poll everyone and figure out what settings will be used...

So far a few people wanted OF spots to be LF/CF/RF instead of OF...and someone else didn't want the MI and CI to be included...

We'll figure everything out and set a draft date.

duncan_idaho
03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Wow, LF, CF, RF, really? That's a little intense.

Thanks for the update. I really would prefer smaller rosters, but if the majority really wants to draft 300 players, that's fine, I guess.

Majority rule and all.

oldandslow
03-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow, LF, CF, RF, really?

Uhhh...I vote no.

Sure-Oz
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Little picky on specific OF positions imo...

No CI or MI either, hmm, i guess i can live without it

doomy3
03-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Uhhh...I vote no.

Me too.

I would prefer to have the MI and CI positions, but whatever the majority wants.

Can we get this draft day and time nailed down at least?

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
well what do you guys think? I'm just dabbling around a little bit...

Right now we have 12 teams and 25 roster spots...

How do we want to do this?

I agree LF/CF/RF would be somewhat difficult, but also somewhat challenging.

Right now I was messing around and set it like this:

C
1B
2B
3B
SS
LF
CF
RF
OF
OF
UTIL
UTIL
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
IR

I also have weekly starting pitching maximums (usually 12 starts-14 starts) with a cap of 50 transactions for the entire season.

We can do numerous other things...should I add a few more IF slots since I have two OF slots...should I change it to 1 OF and 1 IF instead of 2 OF?

Opinions are welcome...

When is the best time for the draft? At night? During the week? Weekend?

RJ
03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Uhhh...I vote no.

I agree.

Of is OF.

I like MI and CI positions.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
as for the draft, I was thinking either Sunday March 30th, or Monday March 31st...Sunday it would have to be a 530 PM CST draft...ESPN has any time available on Monday...or we could do it before or after...but the more that can attend the better...hopefully we can find a time suitable for everyone...

duncan_idaho
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
How about this:

C
1B
2B
SS
3B
OF
OF
OF
UTIL (or IF)
UTIL

P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P

BN
BN
BN
BN

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I agree.

Of is OF.

I like MI and CI positions.

That is pretty much ESPN standard, which is what I usually do.

ESPN Standard is...

C
1B
2B
3B
SS
1B/3B
2B/SS
OF
OF
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
IR

Would you rather do it that way? Should we cut down on OF from 5 to 4? or 3?

Right now it's set for a 25 round draft...which will probably take 2-2.5 hours.

The Bad Guy
I'm going to withdraw. I know I'll have no interest if this isn't a money league come the summer.

Plus, I think having LF, RF and CF make things interesting. Anyone can grab 3 OF's when it involves no strategy.

Sorry to bail, but I don't enjoy free leagues.

RJ
as for the draft, I was thinking either Sunday March 30th, or Monday March 31st...Sunday it would have to be a 530 PM CST draft...ESPN has any time available on Monday...or we could do it before or after...but the more that can attend the better...hopefully we can find a time suitable for everyone...

Sunday is good for me, or Monday from about 7:30 PM CST.

duncan_idaho
03-25-2009, 03:31 PM

ESPN Standard is...

C
1B
2B
3B
SS
1B/3B
2B/SS
OF
OF
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
IR

25-man roster is fine for 10-team leagues. I think it sucks for 12-team leagues.

Hootie
How about this:

C
1B
2B
SS
3B
OF
OF
OF
UTIL (or IF)
UTIL

P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P

BN
BN
BN
BN

I'm also ok with this. This would prevent people from having to start the majority of Royals...that is never a bad thing.

Anyone have objections with duncan's settings? I think they are pretty fair...won't water the league down like a usual 12 team league on standard settings.

RJ

ESPN Standard is...

C
1B
2B
3B
SS
1B/3B
2B/SS
OF
OF
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
IR

Standard fantasy roster, looks fine to me.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm going to withdraw. I know I'll have no interest if this isn't a money league come the summer.

Plus, I think having LF, RF and CF make things interesting. Anyone can grab 3 OF's when it involves no strategy.

Sorry to bail, but I don't enjoy free leagues.

Not even for board pride? I agree that free leagues blow when you don't know anyone...but when it is with a bunch of guys you can talk shit to regularly (on ChiefsPlanet in this case) I tend to stay interested...I mean, it's hard to stay active in a money league if you know you don't have a chance after the all-star break...but if I am in a league with people I've played with or know for years, I'll keep plugging away.

duncan_idaho
03-25-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm also ok with this. This would prevent people from having to start the majority of Royals...that is never a bad thing.

Anyone have objections with duncan's settings? I think they are pretty fair...won't water the league down like a usual 12 team league on standard settings.

That's a 22-man roster. Keeps the player pool in the sweet spot (around 250 players).

oldandslow
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I am more interested in the scoring than the positions...is this a regular 5x5?

R, HR, RBI, AVG, SB

W, K, ERA, S, WhIP

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Not even for board pride? I agree that free leagues blow when you don't know anyone...but when it is with a bunch of guys you can talk shit to regularly (on ChiefsPlanet in this case) I tend to stay interested...I mean, it's hard to stay active in a money league if you know you don't have a chance after the all-star break...but if I am in a league with people I've played with or know for years, I'll keep plugging away.

I've done leagues like this in the past, and once someone starts getting busy in the summer, people stop caring.

If my wife wasn't giving birth to our first child this summer, I'd probably do it to keep busy. But without a cash entry, I just know I'll be the dick that doesn't set a lineup for weeks.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:35 PM
That's a 22-man roster. Keeps the player pool in the sweet spot (around 250 players).

Yeah, I think I like the 22 man roster the more and more I look at it...especially for a 12 man league.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:37 PM
I am more interested in the scoring than the positions...is this a regular 5x5?

R, HR, RBI, AVG, SB

W, K, ERA, S, WhIP

Yep.

50 transaction cap for the entire season...once you hit 50, you can't make any more moves via waivers or free agency.

Also, there is a cap on weekly starts...it varies based on short weeks...but most of the time it is 12 or 14 starts every week...it prevents streaming in the playoffs.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I've done leagues like this in the past, and once someone starts getting busy in the summer, people stop caring.

If my wife wasn't giving birth to our first child this summer, I'd probably do it to keep busy. But without a cash entry, I just know I'll be the dick that doesn't set a lineup for weeks.

Well I wish you'd reconsider, but I understand...that's a lot on your plate.

duncan, if you want to invite your friend, feel free...we really need to get this thing rolling!

RJ
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I think I like the 22 man roster the more and more I look at it...especially for a 12 man league.

I can live with that.

duncan_idaho
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Hootie:

Check your PMs

RJ
03-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Sorry to hear it but I appreciate you bailing now rather than the middle of the season. That's never good.

And the little one will keep you plenty busy.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, I sent an invite to duncan's buddy...and KevB has an invite (says he wants in so I am just waiting for him to join)...

Tentatively set the draft date for Monday, March 30th at 8:30 PM EST (7:30 CST)...

5X5 H2H, 50 transaction cap

C
1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
UTIL
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH

soundmind
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
es perfecto!

gracias.

Sure-Oz
03-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Whens the draft?

KevB
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Hootie, for some reason I'm not getting the invite. Email is KBarge@gmail.com. If that's where you've sent previous invites, try me at KBarge@kc.rr.com.

Wouldn't you know, I pare myself down to 2 leagues this year, and they both get scheduled on the same night at nearly the same time. That should be interesting. My wife will appreciate that it's only one 2-3 hour sessions instead of two (or more) this year.

Hootie
03-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Hootie, for some reason I'm not getting the invite. Email is KBarge@gmail.com. If that's where you've sent previous invites, try me at KBarge@kc.rr.com.

Wouldn't you know, I pare myself down to 2 leagues this year, and they both get scheduled on the same night at nearly the same time. That should be interesting. My wife will appreciate that it's only one 2-3 hour sessions instead of two (or more) this year.

Just sent you an email using that different email...let me know if you get it...