PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 610 am KCSP: Work stoppage on all construction at Truman Sports complex......

Kylo Ren
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
...... story developing. :spock:

Mecca
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Are you sure you don't mean 810 or are both stations talking about it?

Que Card QB
03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Indian burial ground find?

ChiefsGirl
03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Was this reported by the same construction worker that saw Herm pack his things in his car for 5 weeks in a row?

Fish
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Save the owls!!

jiveturkey
03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
I saw that they took down the crown on the scoreboard earlier this week. I wonder what happened there??

Crush
03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
OH NOES!!!!!

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 01:19 PM
this could be big

MVChiefFan
03-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I saw that they took down the crown on the scoreboard earlier this week. I wonder what happened there??

I heard that just had something to do with the paint or metal wasn't a good color once they got it up...or something to that effect.

Blindside58
03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Damn OSHA Violations....

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 01:22 PM
The crown for the royals isn't going on this year is what I heard. One big mess out at trueman

Bugeater
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
The crown for the royals isn't going on this year is what I heard. One big mess out at trueman
And don't forget the huge scratch on the stage that they decided not to build.

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
And don't forget the huge scratch on the stage that they decided not to build.

don't get me started, we could have had foghat night at the k

bsp4444
03-25-2009, 01:40 PM
KMBZ is reporting is a union issue.

keg in kc
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Antifreeze.

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
sounds like this is a union issue, this is huge people!

03-25-2009, 01:43 PM
fuggin unions

petegz28
03-25-2009, 01:46 PM

I heard the color of the new crown looked like total shit so they said take it back.

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Labor Dispute Could Put Chiefs Entire Season On The Road
Meagan Kelleher, Web Producer
March 25, 2009

KANSAS CITY, MO - The Chiefs home season might be in jeopardy because of a labor strike at Truman Sports Complex, according to Kevin Kietzman with 810 Sports Radio.

According to Kietzman, there are five days left in a labor contract between the builder and the Ironworkers Local Number 10 Union. When the contract expires at midnight on March 30, Kietzman said the iron workers and carpenters will go on strike. If that strike lasts 30 to 60 days long, the Chiefs will have to play their entire season on the road.

Jackson County released this statement after the announcement on Wednesday afternoon:

"Despite rumors to the contrary we are confident that the parties involved in these negotiations will reach a settlement that will allow work to continue at the Jackson County Sports Complex. When completed these renovation projects will give the fans and members of our community the great facilities they have been promised and maintain our place as a leader in sports venues in the United States."

Kietzman reported that opening day for the Royals would not be affected. The Chiefs would have to play every scheduled home game at the opposing team's stadium.

FOX 4 will have more on this story at FOX 4 News at 5 and 6.

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
fuggin unions

there is nothing wrong with the Unions....if it wasnt for Unions todays wages would not be where they are at today!

I am 100% for the union!

UNION MADE!! BUY AMERICAN!!

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
there is nothing wrong with the Unions....if it wasnt for Unions todays wages would not be where they are at today!

I am 100% for the union!

horray overpriced stuff that falls aart GOOO AMERICA

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Labor Dispute Could Put Chiefs Entire Season On The Road
Meagan Kelleher, Web Producer
March 25, 2009

KANSAS CITY, MO - The Chiefs home season might be in jeopardy because of a labor strike at Truman Sports Complex, according to Kevin Kietzman with 810 Sports Radio.

According to Kietzman, there are five days left in a labor contract between the builder and the Ironworkers Local Number 10 Union. When the contract expires at midnight on March 30, Kietzman said the iron workers and carpenters will go on strike. If that strike lasts 30 to 60 days long, the Chiefs will have to play their entire season on the road.

Jackson County released this statement after the announcement on Wednesday afternoon:

"Despite rumors to the contrary we are confident that the parties involved in these negotiations will reach a settlement that will allow work to continue at the Jackson County Sports Complex. When completed these renovation projects will give the fans and members of our community the great facilities they have been promised and maintain our place as a leader in sports venues in the United States."

Kietzman reported that opening day for the Royals would not be affected. The Chiefs would have to play every scheduled home game at the opposing team's stadium.

FOX 4 will have more on this story at FOX 4 News at 5 and 6.

ROFLROFL Only the fucking Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Hopefully the Chiefs would refund their STH for the money they've already plunked down.

03-25-2009, 02:01 PM

I am 100% for the union!

UNION MADE!! BUY AMERICAN!!I knew somebody would go this way on the subject. Unions were a good idea decades ago. They are complete horseshit now. My dad and quite a few of my uncles all worked in union jobs and they hated it. They just wanted to work, get paid, and come home. They despised strikes. You might be surprised how many union workers don't support their own strikes. They only do it because they really have no choice in the matter. Don't come back saying they do have a choice either. That choice is no choice at all if you love your family.

kepp
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
All these rumors are wrong. In reality, the CDC shut down the work after discovering a white substance on the field that no one had ever run across before...
Posted via Mobile Device

03-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Hopefully the Chiefs would refund their STH for the money they've already plunked down.Nope. They will carry it forward to future years.

beavis

I am 100% for the union!

Sincerely,
Ford
GM

All these rumors are wrong. In reality, the CDC shut down the work after discovering a white substance on the field that no one had ever run across before...
Posted via Mobile DeviceI thought we got rid of Bam Morris?

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
I knew somebody would go this way on the subject. Unions were a good idea decades ago. They are complete horseshit now. My dad and quite a few of my uncles all worked in union jobs and they hated it. They just wanted to work, get paid, and come home. They despised strikes. You might be surprised how many union workers don't support their own strikes. They only do it because they really have no choice in the matter. Don't come back saying they do have a choice either. That choice is no choice at all if you love your family.

They despised strikes, but they gladly took the increased wages and benefits that resulted.

Kyle DeLexus
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Man with our schedule next season, if we have to play all games on the road it would be brutal. #1 draft pick here we come!

seclark
03-25-2009, 02:05 PM
They despised strikes, but they gladly took the increased wages and benefits that resulted.

or bitched about any losses.
sec

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 02:05 PM

I am 100% for the union!

Good Man. Rep.

Sure-Oz
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
#1 pick cmon!

03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
They despised strikes, but they gladly took the increased wages and benefits that resulted.:shake: The union doesn't win every single time. also, sometimes, when the union does win the employees do not.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Nope. They will carry it forward to future years.

If they did that, they can kiss my fucking blanched white ass.

hawkchief

I am 100% for the union!

Ignorance is bliss.

Brock
:shake: The union doesn't win every single time. also, sometimes, when the union does win the employees do not.

The union probably wins 90 percent of the time. The second part of your statement sounds like bunk too. The membership votes on the contract, so if they voted for a contract that didn't give them anything, they're not very smart.

03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
If they did that, they can kiss my ****ing blanched white ass.I can't remember for certain but it seems like something like this has been done by the Chiefs in the past with "potential playoff ticket sales" in that if the Chiefs failed to make the playoffs and you plunked your money down for a playoff ticket, the money just went to next years ST sales.

SBK
03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
If they did that, they can kiss my ****ing blanched white ass.

Blanched? ROFL

I don't think anyone uses adjectives quite like you do here. Good work!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
DON'T YOU REALIZE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PAID IN CANS OF TUNA FOR A LIVING???
HOW THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA' PAY FOR THIS WAR AND OTHERS TO COME?!?!?
GOD DAMN MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS AND YOUR SENSE OF FUCKING ENTITLEMENT!
WE'RE TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD IN TO ONE WORLD, AND YOU PERSIST ON CLINGING TO YOUR INDEPENDENCE AND FREEDOM!!!

THE NERVE!!!

-Nelson Rockefeller and Cronies.

03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
The union probably wins 90 percent of the time. The second part of your statement sounds like bunk too. The membership votes on the contract, so if they voted for a contract that didn't give them anything, they're not very smart.I am just stating how things have gone down for my relatives. Nothing more, nothing less.

IMHO though, unions have run their course. They no longer serve a useful purpose.

Goodyear employees get screwed right and left here in Topeka during strikes.

seclark
03-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I am just stating how things have gone down for my relatives. Nothing more, nothing less.

IMHO though, unions have run their course. They no longer serve a useful purpose.

i admire your faith in our government to protect your rights and safety.
sec

kchero
03-25-2009, 02:16 PM

I am 100% for the union!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2305/2408506560_9f0841efaa.jpg?v=0

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:17 PM

Did corporations suddenly start giving people a living wage out of the kindness of their hearts? I guess I missed that little tidbit of news.

03-25-2009, 02:18 PM
i admire your faith in our government to protect your rights and safety.
secIf by "faith in our government" you mean staying the fuck out of my personal decisions and letting me lead my own life and make my own mistakes, then yes, I have faith.

blaise
03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't see how anyone can say who's right without knowing what the union or builder are demanding.

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
If by "faith in our government" you mean staying the **** out of my personal decisions and letting me lead my own life and make my own mistakes, then yes, I have faith.

As long as your personal decisions don't involve exploiting workers just because you can, Godspeed.

03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Did corporations suddenly start giving people a living wage out of the kindness of their hearts? I guess I missed that little tidbit of news.Does anybody who works for a living ever get the raise they deserve? NO.

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Does anybody who works for a living ever get the raise they deserve? NO.

Union people often do. They had to fight for it, usually though.

gblowfish
03-25-2009, 02:25 PM
810 and 610 both saying strike by Carpenters Union looking very possible on Tuesday 3/31. Won't hurt Royals near as much as the Chiefs. If work shuts down for 30 or 60 days on Arrowhead, all 2009 home games might have to be played on the road or somewhere other than Arrowhead, like what happened when the Chicago Bears played all their home games in Champaign, IL.

Helllooooooo Lawrence Kansas!

hawkchief
03-25-2009, 02:26 PM

And they've played a big part in ruining many a business. If securing astronomical wage increases vis-a-vis the work they do that in turn make their businesses unprofitable, then they can enjoy being unemployed, as many are.

blaise
03-25-2009, 02:26 PM
810 and 610 both saying strike by Carpenters Union looking very possible on Tuesday 3/31. Won't hurt Royals near as much as the Chiefs. If work shuts down for 30 or 60 days on Arrowhead, all 2009 home games might have to be played on the road or somewhere other than Arrowhead, like what happened when the Chicago Bears played all their home games in Champaign, IL.

Helllooooooo Lawrence Kansas!

That's nice, especially considering taxpayers have already put money toward the stadiums.

gblowfish
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
BTW: Don't start blaming one side or the other until all the facts come out. Nothing has happened yet. The problem is, if one union goes on strike, all the others won't cross the line. That's the big problem. Nothing has happened yet. Chiefs stadium is the one in the most danger as they need every working day to make the 2009 exhibition season opener in time.

Don't start bashing unions and get this thread moved to DC. That's not the point, and not fair at this stage of the game anyway.

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
And they've played a big part in ruining many a business. If securing astronomical wage increases vis-a-vis the work they do that in turn make their businesses unprofitable, then they can enjoy being unemployed, as many are.

There is no basis for what you're saying. There isn't a single company anywhere in the US that was ruined by having to negotiate with a union.

blaise
03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
BTW: Don't start blaming one side or the other until all the facts come out. Nothing has happened yet. The problem is, if one union goes on strike, all the others won't cross the line. That's the big problem. Nothing has happened yet. Chiefs stadium is the one in the most danger as they need every working day to make the 2009 exhibition season opener in time.

Don't start bashing unions and get this thread moved to DC. That's not the point, and not fair at this stage of the game anyway.

I know two groups of union workers that would cross the line. The baseball and football player's.

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Hopefully the Chiefs would refund their STH for the money they've already plunked down.

i hope your right on that....I am with you on that!

MMXcalibur
03-25-2009, 02:34 PM
This dire situation calls for scabs! Lots of 'em!

gblowfish
03-25-2009, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=blaise;5609870]I know two groups of union workers that would cross the line. The baseball and football player's.[/QUOTE
They won't have to if the building code says the venue is unsafe. But I get the drift.

seclark
03-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I know two groups of union workers that would cross the line. The baseball and football player's.

not while jack del rio was walking that line.
sec

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't know about the union situation, and I'm not going to comment on it. What I would expect is that the Chiefs would not expect their STH base to plunk down money on a product for 2009 that will not be there in 2009.

gblowfish
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm sure they'd love to leave it all in the bank and make interest off it for one year. Say something like "Well, if we can keep it, we won't raise your seat prices in 2010...to, you know, PAY FOR THE STRIKE SETTLEMENT."

Wouldn't put it past them...

CrazyPhuD
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
ROFL....this is just hilarious....

What awesome timing. A strike at this point would have to be one of the uniformly dumb ideas known to man. Especially in the construction industry right now. I mean it's not like there are hundreds of thousands of skilled tradesmen out of work right now who would jump at the chance to have a job.

If the union strikes at this point their management should be replaced, the company should hire replacement workers and tell them to pound salt.

dumb dumb dumb choice and I have a feeling people are going to learn the hard way about supply and demand. If the union was smart they would short term extend the contract until times are better and they have negotiating leverage. Right now no one in construction or manufacturing have any sort of leverage. Replacement labor is just too available right now.

blaise
03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Pioli is orchestrating all of this. It's diabolical.

Fritz88
03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Was this reported by the same construction worker that saw Herm pack his things in his car for 5 weeks in a row?

Indian burial ground find?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

kcfanXIII
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM

ownership didn't like it. i guess it didn't turn out the way it was supposed to.

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:42 PM
dumb dumb dumb choice and I have a feeling people are going to learn the hard way about supply and demand. If the union was smart they would short term extend the contract until times are better and they have negotiating leverage. Right now no one in construction or manufacturing have any sort of leverage. Replacement labor is just too available right now.

If what you're saying is correct, it shouldn't be a problem, then. ROFL

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Here is another thing, i forgot...no http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:KRc_P7_XIkmKtM:http://www.anheuser-busch.com/press/PressImages/AEagle_logo_lrg.jpg products unless you find a non-union carrier to deliver them!

gblowfish
03-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Here is another thing, i forgot...no http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:KRc_P7_XIkmKtM:http://www.anheuser-busch.com/press/PressImages/AEagle_logo_lrg.jpg products unless you find a non-union carrier to deliver them!

Guess they'll have to switch to selling Coors, America's Right To Work Beer.

kcfanXIII
03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
$27/hour, 10-12 hour days, 6 days a week. this is what one of the construction workers told me he was making/working. wtf are you striking for when people all over (myself included) are getting laid off. you know what, go ahead, go on strike. i'll go be a scab and make that type of grip. the problem is, none of these guys want the job to end, because they too will be unemployed. i've got half a mind to go start slashing tires, and busting windows of these greedy fucks! granted i won't do that, but somebody should.

CrazyPhuD
03-25-2009, 02:51 PM
If what you're saying is correct, it shouldn't be a problem, then. ROFL

I agree it likely won't be an issue. The chiefs will simply tell the construction company to fix it now or they'll get replaced for breach of contract. The company will tell the union to either get on the job or get replaced. If they can't replace them or they don't get back on the job the construction company will get replaced.

Either way the workers lose. Not a smart choice. Unions have their places for unskilled workers but hard lessons have come in this recession and even harder lessons could be coming.

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I agree it likely won't be an issue. The chiefs will simply tell the construction company to fix it now or they'll get replaced for breach of contract. The company will tell the union to either get on the job or get replaced. If they can't replace them or they don't get back on the job the construction company will get replaced.

Either way the workers lose. Not a smart choice. Unions have their places for unskilled workers but hard lessons have come in this recession and even harder lessons could be coming.

If you really think that's what's going to happen, you don't have a clue.

blaise
03-25-2009, 02:56 PM

I'm not in a union, and I wouldn't call myself a union sympathizer, but how do you know the builder isn't asking them to take a paycut or something like that?

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:57 PM
$27/hour, 10-12 hour days, 6 days a week. this is what one of the construction workers told me he was making/working. wtf are you striking for when people all over (myself included) are getting laid off. you know what, go ahead, go on strike. i'll go be a scab and make that type of grip.

Yet another dumbass who thinks working high steel is a walk in the park.

DaWolf
03-25-2009, 02:57 PM

Does Keitzman just like to sound dumb?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
$27/hour, 10-12 hour days, 6 days a week. this is what one of the construction workers told me he was making/working. wtf are you striking for when people all over (myself included) are getting laid off. you know what, go ahead, go on strike. i'll go be a scab and make that type of grip. the problem is, none of these guys want the job to end, because they too will be unemployed. i've got half a mind to go start slashing tires, and busting windows of these greedy fucks! granted i won't do that, but somebody should.

Like bullet to the ass much?

talastan
03-25-2009, 02:59 PM

I don't personally think it is a walk in the park, but there are several non-union workers out there who will jump on this contract if the Builder defaults on their end of it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM

These Labor Chicken Hawks talk a big game, but just like their NeoCon Brethren, they wouldn't have the balls to do ANY of the shit they boast about, unless of course they send someone to do it for them.

Brock
03-25-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't personally think it is a walk in the park, but there are several non-union workers out there who will jump on this contract if the Builder defaults on their end of it.

The builder isn't going to default. They'll make whatever deal they have to.

kcfanXIII
03-25-2009, 03:09 PM

never said it was a walk in the park, just saying, making nearly 30 bucks an hour, and you're complaining about income? get the fuck over it. be glad you have a job, not all of us do. and just because i personally can't do it, i'm sure there's a laid off steel worker sitting at home thinking, man i'd work for half that.

kcfanXIII
03-25-2009, 03:15 PM
These Labor Chicken Hawks talk a big game, but just like their NeoCon Brethren, they wouldn't have the balls to do ANY of the shit they boast about, unless of course they send someone to do it for them.

meh, i already as much as admitted i wouldn't do anything. i like to think of what i would do if i were playing GTA. think of it as a metaphor for my anger.

hawkchief
03-25-2009, 03:19 PM

Plenty of High School dropouts making the same kind of dough popping rivets into a GMC Yukon. Yes, it's absurd, and a huge reason the U.S. automakers are bankrupt and there's no manufacturing left in our debt-ridden country.

Brock
03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Plenty of High School dropouts making the same kind of dough popping rivets into a GMC Yukon. Yes, it's absurd, and a huge reason the U.S. automakers are bankrupt and there's no manufacturing left in our debt-ridden country.

The US automakers aren't bankrupt because of unions. Try looking into the topic a little beyond the inch-deep view you're taking here. If there isn't going to be any manufacturing left in this country, it isn't because of unions. It's because companies don't want to pay anybody a living wage, and they don't want to abide by labor, safety, or environmental law.

DaneMcCloud

Honestly, I have no idea how guys can do that work.

I get dizzy looking down if I'm higher than 2 stories.

Bugeater
You can't equate a guy working on an assembly line to a steelworker. $27/hr is not absurd at all for what they do.

Brock
03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Honestly, I have no idea how guys can do that work.

I get dizzy looking down if I'm higher than 2 stories.

Guys get killed doing this stuff all the time.

"but, but they're high school dropouts, they didn't pay their dues at DeVry like I did"

hawkchief
03-25-2009, 03:25 PM
The US automakers aren't bankrupt because of unions. Try looking into the topic a little beyond the inch-deep view you're taking here. If there isn't going to be any manufacturing left in this country, it isn't because of unions. It's because companies don't want to pay anybody a living wage, and they don't want to abide by labor, safety, or environmental law.

Great point. Poeple without high school educations are simply entitled to make 30 bucks an hour ("a living wage) with gold-plated benefit packages (for doing shit work) to ". I get it now.

Brock
03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Great point. Poeple without high school educations are simply entitled to make 30 bucks an hour ("a living wage) with gold-plated benefit packages (for doing shit work) to ". I get it now.

I can see there isn't any real dialogue here, because you're attributing things to me that I never said.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 03:26 PM

I say this with the utmost sincerity; go fuck yourself.

WilliamTheIrish
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Guys get killed doing this stuff all the time.

"but, but they're high school dropouts, they didn't pay their dues at DeVry like I did"

I have no aversion to proper work environments and proper safety. And since we don't know the specifics of what exactly is at the center of the deal, I will only say that from a PR standpoint, the union comes out looking really bad.

gblowfish
03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
This just went up on the KC Star Website:

Labor negotiations could stop work at stadiums
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1106188.html

By MICHAEL MANSUR and DAVE HELLING The Kansas City Star

Jackson County officials said Wednesday they are concerned that local labor negotiations might result in a work stoppage at the Truman Sports Complex, possibly threatening opening day for the Kansas City Royals.

“It’s critical but I think they’ll resolve it,” said Mike Smith, chairman of the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority.

Jackson County issued a statement, echoing Smith’s hope that the labor negotiations will be resolved without any disruption of the more than $600 million in improvements underway at the stadiums. Taxpayers approved a 3/8-cent sales tax in 2006 to finance the bulk of those improvements.

“Despite rumors to the contrary we are confident that the parties involved in these negotiations will reach a settlement that will allow work to continue at the Jackson County Sports Complex,” said Calvin Williford, the county’s chief of intergovernmental operations.

Williford declined to make further comment.

The negotiations are between the carpenters union, the ironworkers and builders over a mult-year contract that sets wages for area construction projects. The negotiations are not directly related to the Sports Complex project, but their outcome — if a new contract isn’t agreed to soon — could result in a work stoppage.

The Sports Complex Authority has called an emergency meeting for Thursday afternoon to discuss the labor issues. The session may be held in private.

“We don’t have any concerns right now,” said Bob Moore, a spokesman for the Chiefs. “We’re hopeful it’ll be worked out.

The Royals did not return phone calls this afternoon.

To reach Michael Mansur, call 816-234-4433 or send e-mail to mmansur@kcstar.com

kcfanXIII
03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I can see there isn't any real dialogue here, because you're attributing things to me that I never said.

welcome to chiefsplanet, been here long? lol.

no i think i get what you're saying, about what the steel workers do. did i read somewhere its the carpenters union threatening to strike?

edit: also ironworkers. what do these guys do out there? other than just, you know, work with iron?

Brock
03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
I have no aversion to proper work environments and proper safety. And since we don't know the specifics of what exactly is at the center of the deal, I will only say that from a PR standpoint, the union comes out looking really bad.

As is usually the case. But it's really only that way because a lot of people in this country have a problem with "that tattooed dumbass over there" making more money than they do.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-25-2009, 03:33 PM
I am just stating how things have gone down for my relatives. Nothing more, nothing less.

Goodyear employees get screwed right and left here in Topeka during strikes.

Unions serve themselves now.

WilliamTheIrish
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
As is usually the case. But it's really only that way because a lot of people in this country have a problem with "that tattooed dumbass over there" making more money than they do.

You make a great point about hawkchief.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-25-2009, 03:37 PM
ROFL....this is just hilarious....

What awesome timing. A strike at this point would have to be one of the uniformly dumb ideas known to man. Especially in the construction industry right now. I mean it's not like there are hundreds of thousands of skilled tradesmen out of work right now who would jump at the chance to have a job.

If the union strikes at this point their management should be replaced, the company should hire replacement workers and tell them to pound salt.dumb dumb dumb choice and I have a feeling people are going to learn the hard way about supply and demand. If the union was smart they would short term extend the contract until times are better and they have negotiating leverage. Right now no one in construction or manufacturing have any sort of leverage. Replacement labor is just too available right now.

The problem with that is that Missouri is not a right to work state. I believe that means unless you belong to a union you are not allowed to work on any "union" jobs in the state. I may be mistaken to an extent but I don't think they can just hire anyone off the street to complete the job. Whether they wish to be scabs or not.

hawkchief
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM

No, there are many wealthy people/small business owners/risk takers that are tired of our society of entitlement, where the "tattooed dumbasses" continue to demand ridiculously obsolete, over-inflated wages/benefit packages that their unions have negotiated for them over time, given the work that they do.

Many of these are the same socialistic folks who want Barack the Magic Negro to raise the taxes of the top earners through the roof and re-distribute it to them.

Bugeater
03-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Good fucking god. :shake:

mikeyis4dcats.
03-25-2009, 03:42 PM
I knew somebody would go this way on the subject. Unions were a good idea decades ago. They are complete horseshit now. My dad and quite a few of my uncles all worked in union jobs and they hated it. They just wanted to work, get paid, and come home. They despised strikes. You might be surprised how many union workers don't support their own strikes. They only do it because they really have no choice in the matter. Don't come back saying they do have a choice either. That choice is no choice at all if you love your family.

oh, that old argument. of course, if unions ceased to exist, many employers would gradually revert to the good ole days...but let's not talk about that.

kcfanXIII
03-25-2009, 03:44 PM
to dc in 3... 2...

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka

I disagree with you. A large reason the automakers are having a real hard time, (not the only reason mind you) is that they caved all these years on the demands of the union. The money GM pays out to retirees in health benefits is astronomical, money going to people that produce no return to GM. I am not saying they should not have a good retirement, I am sure they earned it; but all those years of the unions demanding complete coverage for healthcare in retirement has helped to cripple GM. I don't blame the people taking advantage of the benefits, I would rather than rely on medicare, but GM and the like needed to hold their ground against the unions for all those years and not caved on those demands.

talastan
to dc in 3... 2...

Please!! :rolleyes:

Bugeater
03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Did I miss something somewhere? Is the UAW doing the construction at the TSC?

Fish
03-25-2009, 03:48 PM
oh, that old argument. of course, if unions ceased to exist, many employers would gradually revert to the good ole days...but let's not talk about that.

You mean the old days like before there were employee protection laws in place to protect employees' rights like there are now?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-25-2009, 03:48 PM

union issues are typically excluded from contracts.

I don't expect this will go anywhere. It will likely be resolved before the deadline.

and for those thinking $27/hr is good money, it IS okay money, but I bet MOST of you coluldn't do what those guys do, nor would you want to.

Frazod
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Even if they get replacement workers, the players probably won't cross a picket line.

What a fucking mess. :shake:

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
some people have no clue...

Mecca

I think this post basically reads, unless you have a college degree you deserve to live under the bridge.

mikeyis4dcats.
welcome to chiefsplanet, been here long? lol.

no i think i get what you're saying, about what the steel workers do. did i read somewhere its the carpenters union threatening to strike?

edit: also ironworkers. what do these guys do out there? other than just, you know, work with iron?

ironworkers are the steel erectors. The do everything from erect the steel, weld it up, and bolt it up.

carpenters would be installing any concrete, wood blocking, metal frames, doors, etc.

Neither is a walk in the park on a project like a stadium.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
You mean the old days like before there were employee protection laws in place to protect employees' rights like there are now?

and who lobbyed and fought for those laws? Unions

and who keeps those laws in place and updated? Unions

You can bet your ass if Unions ceased to exist, things would slowly go the other way.

And I'm not even a union member.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I think this post basically reads, unless you have a college degree you deserve to live under the bridge.

Yep, that's about it.

03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
oh, that old argument. of course, if unions ceased to exist, many employers would gradually revert to the good ole days...but let's not talk about that.I'm not defending the employers they are just as bad. I just feel that unions are just as much part of the problem these days.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Even if they get replacement workers, the players probably won't cross a picket line.

What a fucking mess. :shake:

I am pretty sure the NFLPA couldn't give 2 shits about any construction workers unions.

Jethopper
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM

agreed.

Jethopper
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
<== teamster

Hoover
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
did someone say unions?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3mw49mk_x0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3mw49mk_x0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fish
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
and who lobbyed and fought for those laws? Unions

and who keeps those laws in place and updated? Unions

You can bet your ass if Unions ceased to exist, things would slowly go the other way.

And I'm not even a union member.

I completely agree with the first question. But I strongly question the remainder of your post. How and why do you think things would slowly go the other way? Are you saying those laws are pointless and unenforced without the union in place?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
<== teamster

Right On.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
There is no basis for what you're saying. There isn't a single company anywhere in the US that was ruined by having to negotiate with a union.

I know, alot of them just moved those jobs out of the country instead of beating their head on that wall.

Honest question.
What constitutes an employee being "exploited" in today's workplace?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not defending the employers they are just as bad. I just feel that unions are just as much part of the problem these days.

some are, some aren't. Just like people, some are better than others.

Jethopper
03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I think its time Darth. We need to remind all these people why they should be working. We need to remind them of ....... the Cordoba.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I completely agree with the first question. But I strongly question the remainder of your post. How and why do you think things would slowly go the other way? Are you saying those laws are pointless and unenforced without the union in place?

As the workplace and technology evolve, regulations and laws must do so as well. Big business is ultimately about the bottom line, and it's not a far stretch to me to think that if a law were passed tomorrow outlawing unions, then that would eventually be followed by laws repealing some of the work standards currently in place. Regulators only enforce laws and laws are made by lobbyists. Your congressman is only the mouthpiece. Most legislation is brought about because somewhere someone paid a lobbyist to see it through.

I didn't say the laws are pointless or unenforcable, only that given time and no one to stand in their way, and big business would prefer to go back to the way things were done a hundred years ago.

An example on a small scale is the KMart DC in Lawrence, at one time was non-union, went union, then the union was busted up and it's non-union again. Once the union was out, the wages were cut, and working conditions worsened.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
I think its time Darth. We need to remind all these people why they should be working. We need to remind them of ....... the Cordoba.

I don't normally do requests but since you asked so nicely, experience the majesty of reeeeech coreeeenthian leather:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vIL3fbGbU2o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vIL3fbGbU2o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
<== teamster

Hello Brother!

Fish
03-25-2009, 04:46 PM
As the workplace and technology evolve, regulations and laws must do so as well. Big business is ultimately about the bottom line, and it's not a far stretch to me to think that if a law were passed tomorrow outlawing unions, then that would eventually be followed by laws repealing some of the work standards currently in place. Regulators only enforce laws and laws are made by lobbyists. Your congressman is only the mouthpiece. Most legislation is brought about because somewhere someone paid a lobbyist to see it through.

I didn't say the laws are pointless or unenforcable, only that given time and no one to stand in their way, and big business would prefer to go back to the way things were done a hundred years ago.

An example on a small scale is the KMart DC in Lawrence, at one time was non-union, went union, then the union was busted up and it's non-union again. Once the union was out, the wages were cut, and working conditions worsened.

Pardon me for saying, but that sounds absurd. Repealing laws that were put in place for the safety and security of the workers? That would never happen. Ever. And lobbyists don't write laws. They lobby to the people in the government that write laws. And the corruption that exists there isn't currently protected by unions. If anything, unions have participated in the lobbying. It would be impossible and unnecessary for big business to go back to the way things were 100 years ago. Especially when they can outsource to some other country that doesn't have the employee protection laws we do. But unions would still lose if they did that.

There are millions and millions of non-union workers in the US right now, and I'm not hearing any universal outcry from them about lacking union protection. Unions had their purpose 50 years ago. They're trying to hang on to their ways in today's different times, but they don't have the leverage they used to. They're only hurting themselves at this point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 04:49 PM
In the honor of this thread, and the recent passing of a great man of da' Union:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lfEmPvFiXY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lfEmPvFiXY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
<== teamsterLikewise.

Spott
03-25-2009, 04:55 PM
If the contract does expire, they will likely just continue to work under the old contract until a new one is worked out. We go through this every few years at work. The bottom line is that noone on either side really wants to strike. Both sides will do a lot of bluffing, but when it comes down to the deadline, I think they'll either cut a last minute deal or just keep working until the new deal is done.

wild1
03-25-2009, 05:00 PM
unions are good for everybody (who's in the union)

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Likewise.

hello Brother!

Bwana
03-25-2009, 05:10 PM
fuggin unions

This

VonneMarie
03-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

That is so old and lame. :ZZZ:

Crush
03-25-2009, 05:17 PM
In the honor of this thread, and the recent passing of a great man of da' Union:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lfEmPvFiXY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Damn you Triple H!!! :cuss:

mikeyis4dcats.
03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Pardon me for saying, but that sounds absurd. Repealing laws that were put in place for the safety and security of the workers? That would never happen. Ever. And lobbyists don't write laws. They lobby to the people in the government that write laws. And the corruption that exists there isn't currently protected by unions. If anything, unions have participated in the lobbying. It would be impossible and unnecessary for big business to go back to the way things were 100 years ago. Especially when they can outsource to some other country that doesn't have the employee protection laws we do. But unions would still lose if they did that.

There are millions and millions of non-union workers in the US right now, and I'm not hearing any universal outcry from them about lacking union protection. Unions had their purpose 50 years ago. They're trying to hang on to their ways in today's different times, but they don't have the leverage they used to. They're only hurting themselves at this point.
not necessarily safety issues, but workplace standards could be relaxed. wouldn't happen overnight, but over the course of 25 or 50 years it's possible. The US has great working conditions compared to most of the world....it's not inconceivable we could one day backslide if there was an effort to do so.

and all of the non-union workers benefit from every safety, wage, and benefit initiative that unions pursue. They just sit back and reap the benefits.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Union or Walmart? The contrast is night and day

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Go hire different workers and tell the union workers to get bent.

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 07:10 PM
unions are stupid. the best man wins.

alanm
03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
KMBZ is reporting is a union issue.Why am I not surprised.

bogey
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
I only have experience with IATSE which is the editors union. I have issues with them. One example I'll give. I am management in a union shop. I have a kid that's a PA that works for me. He is an excelent employee. I would like to keep him employed here as long as he wants to be employed. He wants to become an Assistant Editor (AE) and continue working/growing in this company. He has all the necessary skills to be an AE. He stayed late and came in early on his own time to learn the necessary skills to be an AE (by the way, if the union found out he was allowed to train on the equipment, they would not be happy). As I understand it, he can not become an AE until he leaves our company which is union, works at another gig and gets enough AE hours (in a non union shop) to then qualify to be a union AE. In other words, he is up against a brick wall and can't grow in this company. That bugs me.

KcMizzou
03-25-2009, 07:48 PM
The problem I've always had with the union system (I'm a teamster), is mainly the seniority thing. There are always a few douchebags skating because they know seniority protects them. Then some other guys who are bright and bust their ass get laid off, because they lack seniority.

Not to mention the whole "you're making us look bad" vibe a hard worker sometimes gets.

KcMizzou
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
For example...

We have a night shift premium. People who bid night shifts make $1 an hour extra. Those who bid night and weekends make $2 extra. The idea was to entice couple experienced employees to work those hours, so that the customer wouldn't be stuck late at night, with a new guy who had no idea how to help him.

I work days. It just works out better for me. I'm single, with two boys at home, who are in school. No big deal.

But, there are a bunch of guys who are furious that these newer guys are making more money. Now, they had every opportunity to bid those shifts if they wanted them, but they didn't want to work nights and weekends.

It's caused a bit of a rift, and the worst of it is... those who are squealing the loudest, don't seem to even want more for themselves. They're actually wanting that money taken away from their coworkers. Where's the "union brotherhood" in that?

luv
03-25-2009, 08:09 PM
For example...

We have a night shift premium. People who bid night shifts make $1 an hour extra. Those who bid night and weekends make $2 extra. The idea was to entice couple experienced employees to work those hours, so that the customer wouldn't be stuck late at night, with a new guy who had no idea how to help him.

I work days. It just works out better for me. I'm single, with two boys at home, who are in school. No big deal.

But, there are a bunch of guys who are furious that these newer guys are making more money. Now, they had every opportunity to bid those shifts if they wanted them, but they didn't want to work nights and weekends.

It's caused a bit of a rift, and the worst of it is... those who are squealing the loudest, don't seem to even want more for themselves. They're actually wanting that money taken away from their coworkers. Where's the "union brotherhood" in that?

This is soooo common anywhere that has the shift differential. When we had production, it started at a quarter per shift. When they raised it to 75 cents per shift, people who worked days completely freaked. There were people on third shift starting at what it took them years to get to. When you told them they could make more by working third shift, too, they'd look at you like you were crazy. "The freaks work that shift." Well, then don't bitch when the "freaks" make more money than you.

We were not union, so there was no set way of determining who got what job. I was offered two different jobs (promotions) that didn't get posted. All of a sudden I was sleeping with the HR guy (forget the fact that he's married and was related to the owners). The second time, I begged him to at least post the job, even if they had me in mind for it. At least, with a union, things are organized, and everyone is treated fairly. There's something to be said for seniority, but there's also something to be said for job performance. Hard thing to balance.

Spott
03-25-2009, 08:14 PM
The problem I've always had with the union system (I'm a teamster), is mainly the seniority thing. There are always a few douchebags skating because they know seniority protects them. Then some other guys who are bright and bust their ass get laid off, because they lack seniority.

Not to mention the whole "you're making us look bad" vibe a hard worker sometimes gets.

That is one of the badsides of being in a union. Luckily it's not like that so much where I work. My union dues are minimal and the company I work for pays for all my health benefits and has always paid well compared to other companies in my field that aren't union. Everyone seems to have a bad view of unions, but they aren't near as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
If Unions existed solely for the purpose of pissing off Neo Con Bootstrappers?

It would be enough justification.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 08:18 PM

ROFLROFL

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Lucky for you, they exist to protect dumbasses from falling behind up and comers who want to advance based on merrit.

Bob Dole
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM

Those KMart stores are sweatshops. Those highly skilled workers who scan bar codes all day should be making $20 an hour.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Those KMart stores are sweatshops. Those highly skilled workers who scan bar codes all day should be making $20 an hour.

Because that is precisely what happened. At least they didn't do something really egregious, like advocate for health care coverage.

Bugeater
03-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Doesn't "DC" stand for "Distribution Center"?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Lucky for you, they exist to protect dumbasses from falling behind up and comers who want to advance based on merrit.

Dance for me Strappy; dance!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-25-2009, 08:35 PM

do you understand the difference between a DC and a store?

Spott
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
do you understand the difference between a DC and a store?

DC is the K-Mart by Obama's house?

tboss27
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know how close they are to finishing up Arrowhead? Is there still construction all along the outside like last year or are they about done?

dj56dt58
03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
couldn't we just fire them and find somebody else to finish?

KcMizzou
03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
It'll all work out. Keitzman's a flaming assbag with a flair for the dramatic.

"I have a story that will bring the NFL to it's knees!!!"

:rolleyes: Whatever.

KcMizzou
03-25-2009, 11:06 PM
I love how he started his show off with, "I have some MAJOR BREAKING NEWS to tell you about... in a minute...

We're here at (such and such) athletics, where they're having a HUGE sale!! Come on in and buy, buy, buy!!!"

The first 15 minutes of his show, he's just whoring. But you'd better listen... because the Chiefs have ALREADY REQUESTED TO PLAY ALL 16 GAMES ON THE ROAD NEXT SEASON!!!!.

baitism
03-25-2009, 11:58 PM
If you don't like it, get an education. If you have a desirable skill you will always have a job or the means to get one. If not, you will get thrown under the bus in harder economic times. Those are the breaks.

DeezNutz
03-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I love how he started his show off with, "I have some MAJOR BREAKING NEWS to tell you about... in a minute...

We're here at (such and such) athletics, where they're having a HUGE sale!! Come on in and buy, buy, buy!!!"

The first 15 minutes of his show, he's just whoring. But you'd better listen... because the Chiefs have ALREADY REQUESTED TO PLAY ALL 16 GAMES ON THE ROAD NEXT SEASON!!!!.

Yep.

And if it were really pressing news, 810 would have been talking about it all day, not starting at 2:00.

This is all bullshit, tinfoil hat stuff. No NFL team would be stupid enough to roundhouse its own fan base in the nuts like this. Period.

baitism
03-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Yep.

And if it were really pressing news, 810 would have been talking about it all day, not starting at 2:00.

This is all bullshit, tinfoil hat stuff. No NFL team would be stupid enough to roundhouse its own fan base in the nuts like this. Period.

And of course the union knows this too....

MadMax
03-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Likewise.

Teamster here also :)

mikey23545
03-26-2009, 04:42 AM

That's funny.

I live in Florida where the tyranny of unions is not yet entrenched, and I've never had a problem getting raises.

Because I bust my ass to be good at what I do. Unions don't protect the working man, they protect the lazy man.

Novel concept for a union ****-off I imagine.

Coach
03-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Hmm... let's see how the union will respond if oh say, 78,000 fans swarm around their building.

:shrug:

InChiefsHeaven
03-26-2009, 06:05 AM
The Unions are obviously not populated with REAL fans...

...man, the implications on this are huge, though I don't think it will turn into anything. But STH will be screwed, the Chiefs will be screwed having to play every game on the road...although why can't they play at Mizzou or something? The Bears played at Illinois as I recall while they were renovating Soldier Field...

I'll be pissed, because I won't get to see my one game a year.

I'm sure this will be much ado about nothing. Bored "journalists" who don't have anything to talk about since the Chiefs FO has totally clammed up, they are looking for something, ANYTHING to report. They are going to give this story all the legs they can...

EyePod
03-26-2009, 06:11 AM
don't get me started, we could have had foghat night at the k

SLOWRIDE!!!! I love foghat. My AIM screen name is FoghatIsAmazing. I made that sn when I was about 9 years old in the 1993.

HypnotizedMonkey
03-26-2009, 06:29 AM
I would totally go up there and scab it up for some season tix. lol

Que Card QB
03-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Yep.

This is all bullshit, tinfoil hat stuff. No NFL team would be stupid enough to roundhouse its own fan base in the nuts like this. Period.Totally. Keitzman is nuttin' butta commercial whore. Edit: The Texas on the helmet didn't work out so well for him the day before so...

Great Expectations
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
eff Unions, they served thier purpose a long time ago now they just eff things up. They effed up American Cars, now they are effing up Arrowhead. Seriously, eff them!!!!!!1

tomahawk kid
03-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Yep.

I tuned in 810 for the first time in years on my way home last night.

As of about 5, he was already backtracking -

"Don't tie my name to this - we had someone CALL IN and report that etc."

Guy is a slimey snake oil salesman and honestly hope he gets what's coming to him someday.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
IF this were to keep the Chiefs from playing at Arrowhead at all next season isn't there another football field/stadium somewhere nearby where they could play home games and at least not have to travel every single week and at least SOME home fans could go to the games? Isn't there a college stadium somewhere in KC?... or maybe at least at MU or KU?... it would be better than having 16 true road games.

GoHuge
03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
My dislike for unions is mainly due to my up bringing. I've seen my father and grandfather figuratively beat their heads into a wall trying to deal with these people as business owners. I respect the work the workers do, but the tactics the unions use to get their way should be considered extortion and barbaric at best. Unfortunately the workers are the ones that end up getting the bad rap. Very very unfortunate. It's the fat cat union bosses pulling the strings, but to the public the picketing workers (which they are required to do to get strike pay from what I understand) take all the public scrutiny. I want to go on record and preface this statemnt by saying I'm not talking about the actual workers but the fat cats who convince these guys they should continually put their livelyhood in jeopardy by striking every time they want more.

The best union story I've ever heard is what my Grandpa did when his workers decided to unionize. He owned a poultry production factory. They processed chickens and produced eggs by the thousands a day. He employed 280 people working three different shifts running 24 hours a day. His factory was by far the best job around in this small southern Missouri town in which he employed 65% of the population. He treated these people like they where family and it wasn't good enough. When they decided do proceed he was so hurt because he did every thing he could do to take care of these people. He believed that a company was only as good as the people working there. What did he get for his generosity? They set his house on fire, blew up several of his delivery trucks, and constantly harassed my Grandma at home by throwing shit through the windows and making threatening phone calls telling her they where going to rape her and make my Grandpa watch and then when they where done they where going to kill him right in front of her and their kids. How f*#king sick is that? This is how these people operated in the 60's and 70's. They still use different types of intimidation and violence to impose their will on people.

Eventually the case got heard in court and the judge sided with the union and basically told my Grandpa they had the right to do it. He said he understood and respected the courts decision. Two days after the court decision the workers where swapping spittle and pissing in each others boots with jubilation from their conquest. In between the second and third shifts my Grandpa called them all together and congratulated them on their court judgement. He told them he thought of them as family and wished them all the best. A long pause ensued and he then told them that they could pick up their paychecks with the pro rated union agreed (forced) salaries. Before the third shift started he announced he was shutting the doors for good and they no longer have a job. They all looked around looking dumb founded. He then offered them a suggestion.....have your all mighty union buy this place and run it as they see fit. He then liquidated all the companies assets and made off with millions. The union and the douche bag represenatives that convinced the people to do this never stepped up for the 280 people out of work. That small town no longer exists. A perfect example of greed getting the better of these people. As the owner of a privately owned company he was not going to have his employees or their union dictating the terms of their employment.

He used some of the millions to build a new bigger house to replace the one the c#cks*#kers burned down. Oh well all is well that ends well!! Unless your a greedy union f*#k that cut off your nose to spite your face and had to move out of the community you've lived in all your life because the cash cow that supported it for all these years no longer exists. Karma is a bitch. You can always find a way to f#*k a union. I feel bad for the gullible workers that believe their union reps speak the gospel, but I've got to admit every time I hear about a strike blowing up in their face (and yes it does happen regardless of how powerful they think carrying a sign around in a circle on a sidewalk is) or a union getting screwed over I smile :)

InChiefsHeaven
03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
My dislike for unions is mainly due to my up bringing. I've seen my father and grandfather figuratively beat their heads into a wall trying to deal with these people as business owners. I respect the work the workers do, but the tactics the unions use to get their way should be considered extortion and barbaric at best. Unfortunately the workers are the ones that end up getting the bad rap. Very very unfortunate. It's the fat cat union bosses pulling the strings, but to the public the picketing workers (which they are required to do to get strike pay from what I understand) take all the public scrutiny. I want to go on record and preface this statemnt by saying I'm not talking about the actual workers but the fat cats who convince these guys they should continually put their livelyhood in jeopardy by striking every time they want more.

The best union story I've ever heard is what my Grandpa did when his workers decided to unionize. He owned a poultry production factory. They processed chickens and produced eggs by the thousands a day. He employed 280 people working three different shifts running 24 hours a day. His factory was by far the best job around in this small southern Missouri town in which he employed 65% of the population. He treated these people like they where family and it wasn't good enough. When they decided do proceed he was so hurt because he did every thing he could do to take care of these people. He believed that a company was only as good as the people working there. What did he get for his generosity? They set his house on fire, blew up several of his delivery trucks, and constantly harassed my Grandma at home by throwing shit through the windows and making threatening phone calls telling her they where going to rape her and make my Grandpa watch and then when they where done they where going to kill him right in front of her and their kids. How f*#king sick is that? This is how these people operated in the 60's and 70's. They still use different types of intimidation and violence to impose their will on people.

Eventually the case got heard in court and the judge sided with the union and basically told my Grandpa they had the right to do it. He said he understood and respected the courts decision. Two days after the court decision the workers where swapping spittle and pissing in each others boots with jubilation from their conquest. In between the second and third shifts my Grandpa called them all together and congratulated them on their court judgement. He told them he thought of them as family and wished them all the best. A long pause ensued and he then told them that they could pick up their paychecks with the pro rated union agreed (forced) salaries. Before the third shift started he announced he was shutting the doors for good and they no longer have a job. They all looked around looking dumb founded. He then offered them a suggestion.....have your all mighty union buy this place and run it as they see fit. He then liquidated all the companies assets and made off with millions. The union and the douche bag represenatives that convinced the people to do this never stepped up for the 280 people out of work. That small town no longer exists. A perfect example of greed getting the better of these people. As the owner of a privately owned company he was not going to have his employees or their union dictating the terms of their employment.

He used some of the millions to build a new bigger house to replace the one the c#cks*#kers burned down. Oh well all is well that ends well!! Unless your a greedy union f*#k that cut off your nose to spite your face and had to move out of the community you've lived in all your life because the cash cow that supported it for all these years no longer exists. Karma is a bitch. You can always find a way to f#*k a union. I feel bad for the gullible workers that believe their union reps speak the gospel, but I've got to admit every time I hear about a strike blowing up in their face (and yes it does happen regardless of how powerful they think carrying a sign around in a circle on a sidewalk is) or a union getting screwed over I smile :)

Holy crap...

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
That's funny.

I live in Florida where the tyranny of unions is not yet entrenched, and I've never had a problem getting raises.

Because I bust my ass to be good at what I do. Unions don't protect the working man, they protect the lazy man.

Novel concept for a union ****-off I imagine.

Just die for fucks sake.

Holy crap...

I feel the same way when I see Fox News reporters get jaw-jacked; makes me naughty bits all warm and tingly!

GoHuge
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Just die for ****s sake.

I feel the same way when I see Fox News reporters get jaw-jacked; makes me naughty bits all warm and tingly!Anything bad that happens to anybody associated with Fox News is good for society. "Naughty Bits" That's funny!

DeezNutz
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I prefer unbiased news agencies. Like MSNBC, for example.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-26-2009, 11:31 AM
I prefer unbiased news agencies. Like MSNBC, for example.

Believe it or not, the most objective world view you're going to find on tv news is the BBC. :eek: