PDA

View Full Version : KU ****Official Kansas vs. Michigan State Sweet Sixteen Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, Mizzou represented the Big 12 well last night.

Here's to the Baby Jayhawks overcoming the odds tonight. :toast:

8:37 PM, CBS

I'm not overly optimistic, but I sure would love to see KU uphold their end of a possible Mizzou-KU "round three" for 2009 in the Final Four.

Rock-Chalk, Jayhawk! :KU:

Que Card QB
03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Let's do this!!!!! I'm getting so pumped right now. MU's domination of UM has me jealous. I want THAT performance from the Hawks tonight.

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Let's do this!!!!! I'm getting so pumped right now. MU's domination of UM has me jealous. I want THAT performance from the Hawks tonight.

Yup. Anderson is just the coach Mizzou thought they got with Snyder.

They were damn impressive last night.

Sure-Oz
03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Goodluck tonight guys

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I love me some Jayhawks basketball. It's all down the front of me.

I'm suppossed to go out with some friends tonight though so it's unlikely I'll see any of the game.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Let's get it on!

Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
KU wins tonight. No worries.

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2009, 09:49 AM

:spock:

Reverse mojo, eh?

You remember January in East Lansing, by chance? :shrug:

I'm suppossed to go out with some friends tonight though so it's unlikely I'll see any of the game.

Go to a sports bar....no worries?! :thumb:

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 09:56 AM
:spock:

Reverse mojo, eh?

You remember January in East Lansing, by chance? :shrug:

Nah. No reverse mojo.

KU is a much improved team, and they'll take care of business this evening. I like what I've heard from Self throughout the week leading up to this game.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 09:58 AM

Do you still have the prettiest woman in the world?

KC Jones
03-27-2009, 09:59 AM
ROCK CHALK!!!!

:KU:

Time's Yours
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
I JUST GOT TICKETS!!!!! KANSAS BETTER BRING IT!

Mr. Krab
03-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Reed and Morningstar are the keys for KU, one of them has to shoot well from outside to free up the middle.

Boon
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Do you still have the prettiest woman in the world?

I think you missed an e-mail a long time ago. I have a new prettiest woman in the world. Thanks for caring.

Mr. Plow
03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
:KU: Rock Chalk Jayhawk!! :KU:

doomy3
03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Game can't get here soon enough

ArrowheadHawk
03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
As long as KU brings their A game no worries but if Reed, Morningstar, Tyshawn and the twins struggle it will be a long night.

sedated
03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I still can't help but think MSU is too athletic for us.

But a lot of people said the same about Memphis and MU last night, so I guess that gives me hope.

shitgoose
03-27-2009, 10:23 AM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xT_dB5hbeE&hl=en&fs=1"

Dartgod
03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Good luck, Beakers.

DMAC
03-27-2009, 10:31 AM
As much as it makes me physically ill to say this...Go...k..u...:Lin:

Here is hoping for a MU-ku final four matchup.

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Good luck, Beakers.

Thanks, Bob. If it's any consolation it felt weird cheerin' for Mizzou last night too. Heh.

Direckshun
03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Time and channel?

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Time and channel? 8:37 PM, CBS

Crush
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I just want to tell you good luck. The BIG 12 is counting on you.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7417/airplane.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Reed and Morningstar are the keys for KU, one of them has to shoot well from outside to free up the middle.

I agree. They have to grow up. Now.

kepp
03-27-2009, 11:39 AM

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Not sure about that, but I'm not really worrying about it.

KU has already exceeded my expectations this year...everything else at this point is gravy.

Craqhead
03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk... Go KU!!!

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM

I have to disagree. KU can win even if those two don't play well.

The key for this Kansas team is and always has been Sherron Collins. When he is shooting well and not making stupid turnovers, they are one of the top teams in college basketball. When he isn't (and these games have happened in recent weeks), they look pretty bad.

Bearcat2005
03-27-2009, 12:02 PM
From an MU fan, Good Luck KU!

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Kenpom gives us a 56% chance of winning. Not very comforting.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Kenpom gives us a 56% chance of winning. Not very comforting.

It's better than the 44% that MSU is getting.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
From an MU fan, Good Luck KU!

You need to change your name... it's too confusing with the real Bearcat... who is a KU fan and one of the greatest posters on the board.

Braincase
03-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I think the difference makers tonight have last names of Morris, Taylor & Little. Tyshawn said he really likes the arena... maybe he'll be able to make a shot or 4. Reed & Morningstar, I'll be happy with "above average", but Mario and the Twins need to STFU... first S meaning "show".

Molitoth
03-27-2009, 12:29 PM
M-I-Z, F-M-S-U ???

hmmmm.

I actually like MSU, but I wanna see KU vs MU in the final four. And I want the Big 12 to represent to shut all these Big East loving Media members up.

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Self 7-1 in rematch games.

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
And I want the Big 12 to represent to shut all these Big East loving Media members up.
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but they love them for a reason. They've got 3 teams in already, and it's going to be 5 by the end of the night.

Bearcat2005
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
You need to change your name... it's too confusing with the real Bearcat... who is a KU fan and one of the greatest posters on the board.

Yea I am aware, but until I think of a better one I am sticking too it. Been on the board for several years and don't post often so it shouldn't be an issue.

Que Card QB
03-27-2009, 12:52 PM
:mizzou::thumb::KU::thumb::toast:

|Zach|
03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I just want to tell you good luck. The BIG 12 is counting on you.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7417/airplane.jpg

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Yea I am aware, but until I think of a better one I am sticking too it. Been on the board for several years and don't post often so it shouldn't be an issue.

I was just giving you hell anyway.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 01:07 PM

You seem like a decent dude, so here's the solution. Change your name to BC2005 and post more.

That's really the only solution in my eyes.
Posted via Mobile Device

eazyb81
03-27-2009, 01:15 PM
You guys should be happy that you're still flying under the radar a bit. You probably have the two best players between the four teams left in your region and you have the tourney experience.

I'm shocked that ku still isn't getting talked about more by the pundits.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 01:21 PM
It's better than the 44% that MSU is getting.

True dat

HC_Chief
03-27-2009, 02:03 PM
This is where I have the Jayhawks exiting the tourney. I am hoping for a victory, but most definitely expecting a loss.

A two-man team can take you only so far.

Michigan State is talented, physical, big, and well coached. They will exploit KU's weakness: heavy dependence on two players. They will collapse the post to shut down Aldrich and hedge/trap to disrupt Collins. They will force all the other guys to win.

HC_Chief
03-27-2009, 02:05 PM
M-I-Z, F-M-S-U ???

hmmmm.

I actually like MSU, but I wanna see KU vs MU in the final four. And I want the Big 12 to represent to shut all these Big East loving Media members up.

That would be monumental; on par with the last two football games. It would be a trip to have THREE Big XII teams in the FF :D

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 02:06 PM
I just found out Morningstar will be covering a guy that is 5 inches taller than him. That may be difficult.

Lzen
03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
[quote=shitgoose;5616110]<object width="425" height="344">

</object>Awesome. That vid still gives me goosebumps.<object width="425" height="344">
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xT_dB5hbeE&hl=en&fs=1" [="" quote]=""></object>

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2009, 02:33 PM
You guys should be happy that you're still flying under the radar a bit. You probably have the two best players between the four teams left in your region and you have the tourney experience.

I'm shocked that ku still isn't getting talked about more by the pundits.

After Aldrich and Collins though....the youth has looked like deer with headlights in their eyes too often.

teedubya
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I do NOT have KU winning this game in my brackets. That being said, I feel good about our chances in this game. Not so much if we have to play Louisville.

Id really like to see KU/MU in the final four, but dunno if KU will hold up their side of the bargain.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM

I think Darth CarlSatan is available.

Mizzou_8541
03-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Good luck KU! Rep the Big 12!

sedated
03-27-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm going to be pissed if KU is the team that lets the conference down.

KC Jones
03-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I do NOT have KU winning this game in my brackets. That being said, I feel good about our chances in this game. Not so much if we have to play Louisville.

Id really like to see KU/MU in the final four, but dunno if KU will hold up their side of the bargain.

It could happen, but yeah - I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they do pull it out. This is a well built team with a good coach we're facing.

FishingRod
03-27-2009, 03:37 PM
I am worried about this game. It would be nice if KU could have their best offensive game of the year like MU did last night. We don't really get the chance very often but it sure is nice to win a game where KU is the underdog.

teedubya
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Dude, Bill Self and KU have a 5-10 year pass from the championship last year... lets not forget so quickly. :evil:

teedubya
03-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I am worried about this game. It would be nice if KU could have their best offensive game of the year like MU did last night. We don't really get the chance very often but it sure is nice to win a game where KU is the underdog.

This is gonna be a Big TENish game... score in the mid-60's-low 70's... very bruiseriffic.

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 03:41 PM

It will more than likely be Oklahoma (or Oklahoma and Kansas). And I wouldn't consider it being "a letdown for the conference" either. The Big 12 has proven itself to be the 2nd best in the nation.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Think what a monumental task it is to win a NC then the very next year get this deep with a whole new cast of players save one. There have been repeat NC's but I don't remember anyone completely re-loading for the 2nd run.

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Not sure about that, but I'm not really worrying about it.

KU has already exceeded my expectations this year...everything else at this point is gravy.

I try not to get worried/excited/pumped for these kinds of games, because like you said, they've already exceeded expectations... and besides, I really don't see them beating MSU and Louisville in the same weekend, so there isn't a huge difference in losing tonight or Sunday.

That said, I'm worried. I'm excited. I'm pumped. I'm a little annoyed that it doesn't start until 9:45et.

I want to smack the B11 around a little. Bring 'em on.

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 03:57 PM

It would be great to see 3 Big 12 teams along side the 4 Big East teams and the ACC's sole survivor.

And then, of course, they would all lose by 40 to the Big East teams over the weekend/KC_Connection

~Just messin' with ya. :)

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I try not to get worried/excited/pumped for these kinds of games, because like you said, they've already exceeded expectations... and besides, I really don't see them beating MSU and Louisville in the same weekend, so there isn't a huge difference in losing tonight or Sunday.

That said, I'm worried. I'm excited. I'm pumped. I'm a little annoyed that it doesn't start until 9:45et.

I want to smack the B11 around a little. Bring 'em on.

I'm the same way. In a week I probably will still feel freaking amazing about this team and what they've been able to do, but I'm going to be screaming at the TV. Believe it.

Now if KU comes out and lays an egg like Memphis or Duke, I might be a little pissed. The bottom line, though is that this is a young team with not a tremendous amount of talent that achieved really good things.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2009, 03:59 PM

I'll be dissappointed, but as others have said....this young team has already met/exceeded any expectations I had at the beginning of the season. So while it would be a bummer, I'm looking forward to next year.

Especially if Anderson bolts from Mizzou to take the Kentucky job, or something cool like that... ;)

BWillie
03-27-2009, 04:08 PM
I'll be dissappointed, but as others have said....this young team has already met/exceeded any expectations I had at the beginning of the season. So while it would be a bummer, I'm looking forward to next year.

Especially if Anderson bolts from Mizzou to take the Kentucky job, or something cool like that... ;)

Kentucky ain't hiring Anderson. He's black. They ran a perfectly good black coach out a few years ago for no apparent reason. Kentucky's athletic department is filled with a bunch of assclowns.

joesomebody
03-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Good luck Beakers. I hate you all, but I suppose as long as you aren't interfering with my Tigers yet, I can wish you luck.

BWillie
03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Good luck Beakers. I hate you all, but I suppose as long as you aren't interfering with my Tigers yet, I can wish you luck.

Having Oklahoma, KU and Missouri all in the final four would be kind of nice.

Mr. Krab
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I have to disagree. KU can win even if those two don't play well.

The key for this Kansas team is and always has been Sherron Collins. When he is shooting well and not making stupid turnovers, they are one of the top teams in college basketball. When he isn't (and these games have happened in recent weeks), they look pretty bad.
Collins and Aldrich are enough against alot of teams, but from now on KU will be playing really good teams. KU needs more than 2 players to step up. Ideally they need Little to hit some of those short turnaround jumpers in the paint and Taylor needs to drive the ball, but those things Collins and Aldrich already do. What they really need is for someone to hit the 3-pointers on the kickouts when Collins drives or Aldrich gets swamped by 3 guys. Everyone needs to play well but Reed/Morningstar bring what KU needs the most. Imo.

Just like i think Lyons and Carroll were the keys for MU. They didn't win the game for them, but they allowed the other guys to win it by holding their own in the middle with Memphis.

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Collins and Aldrich are enough against alot of teams, but from now on KU will be playing really good teams.

They are enough against teams like Michigan State, too. That's how good they are.

KU needs more than 2 players to step up. Ideally they need Little to hit some of those short turnaround jumpers in the paint and Taylor needs to drive the ball, but those things Collins and Aldrich already do. What they really need is for someone to hit the 3-pointers on the kickouts when Collins drives or Aldrich gets swamped by 3 guys. Everyone needs to play well but Reed/Morningstar bring what KU needs the most. Imo.

It would help a lot if someone else did. But the only way they are winning these games is through the production of Sherron Collins. Look at all their losses this year, and you'll notice that he played horrible in pretty much all of them.

When he is hitting his shots and not making turnovers, KU is under control, and there is way more space for everybody else. When he isn't, well it's almost a sure loss.

1ChiefsDan
03-27-2009, 04:39 PM
t -3 hours Rock Chalk Jayhawk

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Best of luck, Beakers. Win one for the Big 12.

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Debating if I should go out to watch the game... I found the Atlanta chapter of the KU Alumni Association, and one of their meeting places is just a few miles up the road and is about a block away from a train station. Kind of want to check it out, but after having gone out quite a bit in the past couple of weeks and working so much, being lazy sounds really nice.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Debating if I should go out to watch the game... I found the Atlanta chapter of the KU Alumni Association, and one of their meeting places is just a few miles up the road and is about a block away from a train station. Kind of want to check it out, but after having gone out quite a bit in the past couple of weeks and working so much, being lazy sounds really nice.Can't you just watch it online?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/schedules

Just click "watch online" when the game starts. It's a great feed... I'm watching the OU game on it now.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh, nm... You mean go out vs. watch it in your room.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 05:57 PM
This is where I have the Jayhawks exiting the tourney. I am hoping for a victory, but most definitely expecting a loss.

A two-man team can take you only so far.

Michigan State is talented, physical, big, and well coached. They will exploit KU's weakness: heavy dependence on two players. They will collapse the post to shut down Aldrich and hedge/trap to disrupt Collins. They will force all the other guys to win.

Bingo.... hence the upcoming loss.

(bracing myself)

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Can't you just watch it online?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/schedules

Just click "watch online" when the game starts. It's a great feed... I'm watching the OU game on it now.

Oh, I have my Slingbox in Kansas City. If I didn't have the choice of watching it from my hotel, I'd already be on the phone to see which places were carrying both games (since we'll get UNC).

Maybe I'll go 50/50 on going out and being lazy.... run to Hooters and get some wings to go.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh, I have my Slingbox in Kansas City. If I didn't have the choice of watching it from my hotel, I'd already be on the phone to see which places were carrying both games (since we'll get UNC).

Maybe I'll go 50/50 on going out and being lazy.... run to Hooters and get some wings to go.Get some hooters to go while you're at it.

1ChiefsDan
03-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Maybe I'll go 50/50 on going out and being lazy.... run to Hooters and get some wings to go.Going out with other KU fans has to be better than watching in a hotel room. I was in Houston for the Championship game last year, my boss put us up in this stupid little B&B (someone's 10 bedroom house). I was hollering as KU was coming back - had the owner come tell me to quiet down. Had to yell into the fucking pillow when Chalmers made the shot and in OT when they won.

Go out - much better.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Get some hooters to go while you're at it.

Hooters YES!!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Think what a monumental task it is to win a NC then the very next year get this deep with a whole new cast of players save one. There have been repeat NC's but I don't remember anyone completely re-loading for the 2nd run.

Yet I keep hearing that guy from MU deserved the COTY more....

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Yet I keep hearing that guy from MU deserved the COTY more....If the voting came later, he just might have won it.

In any case, they've both done an amazing job this season.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Yet I keep hearing that guy from MU deserved the COTY more....

Don't listen to that.

luv
03-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Maybe I'll go 50/50 on going out and being lazy.... run to Hooters and get some wings to go.

I thought the only reason to go to Hooters was to sit and stare.

Go out. Have fun.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 06:10 PM
If the voting came later, he just might have won it.

In any case, they've both done an amazing job this season.

I know... and it's nice that it didn't take long for a tigger to chime in on that.

:D

Both coaches were deserving.

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Get some hooters to go while you're at it.

I'll be sure to grab some hooters, but I don't know if the pair of legs below the hooters will follow my lead.

Going out with other KU fans has to be better than watching in a hotel room. I was in Houston for the Championship game last year, my boss put us up in this stupid little B&B (someone's 10 bedroom house). I was hollering as KU was coming back - had the owner come tell me to quiet down. Had to yell into the ****ing pillow when Chalmers made the shot and in OT when they won.

Go out - much better.

Yeah... that does sound like the better option. I emailed the chapter leader to see if they were meeting, and didn't hear back (there are two meeting places listed, and who knows how many people show up or if the site is outdated)... eh.

Fairplay
03-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Go KU!

Big ten teams are punks.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Ya know, I've got a bit of an ulterior motive in rooting for the other Big 12 teams. Say Mizzou found a way to get past UConn, and we did actually get three Big 12 teams in the FF...

Then Mizzou would have beaten two of the Final Four teams already this season. KU could say the same.

Getting way ahead of myself, I know... but it's fun to think about.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Going out with other KU fans has to be better than watching in a hotel room. I was in Houston for the Championship game last year, my boss put us up in this stupid little B&B (someone's 10 bedroom house). I was hollering as KU was coming back - had the owner come tell me to quiet down. Had to yell into the fucking pillow when Chalmers made the shot and in OT when they won.

Go out - much better.

I thought the championship game was in San Antonio last year.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Ya know, I've got a bit of an ulterior motive in rooting for the other Big 12 teams. Say Mizzou found a way to get past UConn, and we did actually get three Big 12 teams in the FF...

Then Mizzou would have beaten two of the Final Four teams already this season. KU could say the same.

Getting way ahead of myself, I know... but it's fun to think about.

It's gonna suck if the Big East gets 3 team in the FF like the talking heads all think.

1ChiefsDan
03-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I thought the championship game was in San Antonio last year.It was - if I had a car I would have driven there. Boss wasn't too keen on me renting one while on a business trip for something like that.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
It's gonna suck if the Big East gets 3 team in the FF like the talking heads all think.Yep. That'd be another bonus. Stick it in their craw.

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Everybody hates the Big East so damn much, haha.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Everybody hates the Big East so damn much, haha.

Not the Big East, the analysts that blow them consistently.

the Talking Can
03-27-2009, 06:24 PM
jesus arizona is pathetic....a bunch lazy bastards who won't play defense, perfect for the nba....

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 06:25 PM
jesus arizona is pathetic....a bunch lazy bastards who won't play defense, perfect for the nba....

They did kick our asses, though.

Fairplay
03-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Had to bite into the ****ing pillow when Chalmers made the shot and in OT when they won.

Go out - much better.

FYP.......:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Eh... hour wait, and it'll take 30 minutes to get there. Doesn't sound too bad, but I'm sure there are plenty of UNC fans ready to hang out for a few hours. Guess I should have been more excited to go out right when I got done with work. Laziness wins, and after this week, I'm okay with that. :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Eh... hour wait, and it'll take 30 minutes to get there. Doesn't sound too bad, but I'm sure there are plenty of UNC fans ready to hang out for a few hours. Guess I should have been more excited to go out right when I got done with work. Laziness wins, and after this week, I'm okay with that. :)

There's nothing wrong with occasional laziness. I'm suppossed to go out with friends in about an hour but I'm not sure if my ass will be off the couch or not by then. It was a long week.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Like others, I have KU losing this game in my bracket, but I'm hopeful. After last year's title, I'm set on my teams winning championships for awhile. I'm not saying it's ok to lose, just saying it's unrealistic to expect my teams (the Chiefs, KU, Bulls) to win titles very often. KU is the safest bet every year, but you know what I mean.

Hopefully we win. If not, we're still better than MU. That's just the facts. :)

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Like others, I have KU losing this game in my bracket, but I'm hopeful. After last year's title, I'm set on my teams winning championships for awhile. I'm not saying it's ok to lose, just saying it's unrealistic to expect my teams (the Chiefs, KU, Bulls) to win titles very often. KU is the safest bet every year, but you know what I mean.

Hopefully we win. If not, we're still better than MU. That's just the facts. :)I hope you get hit by a bus.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I hope you get hit by a bus.

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I hope you get hit by a bus.

Just the truth, kind sir. :)

redfan
03-27-2009, 06:46 PM
GO KU!!
Defend that title!
B12 > B10(11?)

(Don't look now, but the 'Cuse is getting owned by OU; so much for Big East Dominance)

Mr. Arrowhead
03-27-2009, 06:47 PM
GO KU!!
Defend that title!
B12 > B10(11?)

(Don't look now, but the 'Cuse is getting owned by OU; so much for Big East Dominance)

LMAO they still got half the teams in the elite 8, so i would still say they are dominating

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
There's nothing wrong with occasional laziness. I'm suppossed to go out with friends in about an hour but I'm not sure if my ass will be off the couch or not by then. It was a long week.

It has been, and I have to work this weekend, too. You should go out.. rise above the laziness!

Eh.

luv
03-27-2009, 06:50 PM
It has been, and I have to work this weekend, too. You should go out.. rise above the laziness!

Eh.

Gonna order pizza?

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 06:51 PM
GO KU!!
Defend that title!
B12 > B10(11?)

Well, it is the 5th-6th best team in the BE vs the 2nd or 3rd best in the B12.

luv
03-27-2009, 06:51 PM

Eh.

Hey! It's your birthday! Don't bars give out a free drink on your birthday?

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 06:52 PM
You should go out.. rise above the laziness!

You're asking a lot

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, it is the 5th-6th best team in the BE vs the 2nd or 3rd best in the B12.

And Syracuse did beat us (although early in the season).

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Well, it is the 5th-6th best team in the BE vs the 2nd or 3rd best in the B12.I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said...

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 06:55 PM
And Syracuse did beat us (although early in the season).

And they beat UConn late in the season.

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said...

Well played. LMAO

Hey! It's your birthday! Don't bars give out a free drink on your birthday?

Maybe for women. :harumph:

Gonna order pizza?

I'm browsing options... the restaurant's hotel is actually pretty good, but it's insanely expensive. Hooters is a few blocks away, along with Quiznos and a few others.... choices, choices....

keg in kc
03-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey! It's your birthday! Don't bars give out a free drink on your birthday?If they do, I'm overdue for about 14 in a row.Gonna order pizza?Best idea I've heard all night.

KcMizzou
I'm browsing options... the restaurant's hotel is actually pretty good, but it's insanely expensive. Hooters is a few blocks away, along with Quiznos and a few others.... choices, choices....The answer is obvious.

Bearcat is craving the Toasty Torpedo.

Bearcat
You're asking a lot

Oh, you know you will... don't lie to yourself. ;) Are these friends Jayhawk fans, or at least college basketball fans? Will the game be on? If not, do you have a DVR? All very important questions, of course, that should be analyzed for at least 3 hours before deciding whether or not to leave the couch.... :)

keg in kc
03-27-2009, 07:00 PM
along with Quiznos.That was lunch.

I'm still full, but I see myself getting hungry in about 3 hours.

luv
03-27-2009, 07:01 PM
The answer is obvious.

Bearcat is craving the Toasty Torpedo.

Shit! Beat me to it!

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Shit! Beat me to it!It was like a Tiller layup.

luv
03-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Well played. LMAO

I'm browsing options... the restaurant's hotel is actually pretty good, but it's insanely expensive. Hooters is a few blocks away, along with Quiznos and a few others.... choices, choices....

The restaurant's hotel?

I think you just need to go to the closest liquor store, get a sixer, and order a pizza.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 07:03 PM
The restaurant's hotel?

I think you just need to go to th closest liquor store, get a sixer, and order a pizza.And some hooters.

(Sorry, I'm still giddy from last night's win. I'll get nervous tomorrow morning.)

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh, you know you will... don't lie to yourself. ;) Are these friends Jayhawk fans, or at least college basketball fans? Will the game be on? If not, do you have a DVR? All very important questions, of course, that should be analyzed for at least 3 hours before deciding whether or not to leave the couch.... :)

4 of the friends are from Chicago and I don't think any of them care much about college basketball. The other came from Iowa and is a big fan but not necessarily KU... although he'd root for them just for me... nice guy that way. No DVR.... 3 hours is about right...

luv
03-27-2009, 07:08 PM
And some hooters.

(Sorry, I'm still giddy from last night's win. I'll get nervous tomorrow morning.)

Would someone get this man some hooters?

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Well played. LMAO

Don't you have an expense report?

keg in kc
03-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Would someone get this man some hooters?I think you're the only one equipped, unless he's in the market for some moobs.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I think you're the only one equipped, unless he's in the market for some moobs.

I thought about going there.... decided to leave it for you.

keg in kc
03-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I thought about going there.... decided to leave it for you.I'm the go-to guy where moobs are concerned.

Wait, that came out wrong.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm the go-to guy where moobs are concerned.

Wait, that came out wrong.LMAO

Thanks for the offer, fellas... but I brought my own.

luv
03-27-2009, 07:18 PM
LMAO

Thanks for the offer, fellas... but I brought my own.

Wow. Beaker fans are looking out for you.

keg in kc
03-27-2009, 07:20 PM
That would be beaker fan. I'm not affiliated with ku in any way.

Unless you're calling both his moobs individual fans.

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Don't you have an expense report?

It's a per diem, so while I'm not overly concerned since I always end up pocketing some, it's still ridiculously expensive.

That said, after a quick beer run, that's where I'm at to grab some wings...
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow. Beaker fans are looking out for you.

We're all about love and peace...

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 07:28 PM
4 of the friends are from Chicago and I don't think any of them care much about college basketball. The other came from Iowa and is a big fan but not necessarily KU... although he'd root for them just for me... nice guy that way. No DVR.... 3 hours is about right...

That could be tough if you don't see them much, but I'm sure they'll understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 07:28 PM
We're all about love and peace...Until our teams meet up again, that is...

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
That could be tough if you don't see them much, but I'm sure they'll understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

I work with two of them I see them every day. I'm going at 9... the constant texts have swayed me.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Until our teams meet up again, that is...

Duh... then you can rot in hell again. For that 3 hours at least.

Mr. Plow
03-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Would someone get this man some hooters?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/images/071019-urban-owls_big.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:32 PM
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/images/071019-urban-owls_big.jpg

Nice hooters... good shape and size.

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 07:32 PM

Some of KU's best players came from Iowa. Hinrich, La Frentz, Collison.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Heheh... I can't lie... I laughed.

keg in kc
Nice hooters... good shape and size.And they're natural.

Reerun_KC
Almost Game time!

Bearcat
03-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Until our teams meet up again, that is...

If it happened, the FF game paired with the football game a couple of years ago would be talked about for years... if Mizzou won, it would be "we've won the two most important games in the rivalries history, and that's all that matters"... and if KU won, it would sort of balance out the world (as opposed to KU winning the FB game and MU winning the BB game).

Game time... omgomgomgomg.... :)

luv
03-27-2009, 07:37 PM

Awww. They're so cute!

Okay...game time.

Buehler445
Lets get it on!

http://www.slidersweb.net/blinker/fics/lane.gif

Reerun_KC
Should be a better game than the first one...

Mr. Plow
Does Collins have new shoes?

1ChiefsDan
03-27-2009, 07:38 PM
shit - not falling

ROYC75
03-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Let's go guys, get a win.

banyon
03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Does Collins have new shoes?

It's the Keith Langford approach.

Lzen
03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Lucas challenging Aldrich. Lol.

banyon
03-27-2009, 07:41 PM
We look motivated to get revenge on these clowns.

ROYC75
03-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Playing some D !

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
GFD hit those close baskets!

Lzen
Damn. How many times are we gonna miss from close inside?

Reerun_KC
Not a bad start

Mr. Plow
Ugly game thus far. Neither team seems to want to score.

ROYC75
Too many easy buckets inside being missed.

Reerun_KC
03-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Damn. How many times are we gonna miss from close inside?

As long as the Morris twins are at KU?

Bearcat
2/8 and 1/7... blah.

KC_Connection
Starting a bit cold from the field.

Lzen
03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
As long as the Morris twins are at KU?

Ummm, Cole and Sherron have done that, as well.

KcMizzou
03-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Starting a bit cold from the field.Nerves.

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Aldrich should have dunked that one under the basket that he missed. I doubt he'll make the mistake again.

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Turnovers suck...come on Sherron.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Fucking collins didn't hustle on that 3.

03-27-2009, 07:49 PM
shit

KC_Connection
Air ball for Morningstar? Gah.

Reerun_KC
Morningstar with the sweet Airball!

1ChiefsDan
nice follow up by morningstar on that one

ROYC75
Damn, we are playing ugly tonight.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 07:50 PM
If we could hit some fuckin shots we could be up 10

Lzen
03-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Gotta stop the silly turnovers.

And will Morningstar ever get his outside shot back? Sheesh.

Dr. Johnny Fever
I hate it when Aldrich sits

Reerun_KC
Morningstar with the dunk!

Dr. Johnny Fever
MORNINGWOOD!!!!

ROYC75
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Sweeeeeet steal .

KC_Connection
Without Aldrich, we aren't as good at rebounding.

(astute observation, I know)

Lzen
NIce steal by Morningstar.

KC_Connection
another stupid turnover

Reerun_KC
MORNINGWOOD!!!!

Dropping sum lumber!

KC_Connection

for those few minutes, it hurts

Lzen
03-27-2009, 07:53 PM
That was a very ticky tack foul.

Dr. Johnny Fever
for those few minutes, it hurts

Yes

DJay23

Make up call.

Izzo bitched about the over the back.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 07:54 PM

But Morris is a THUG.

[/kstate fan]

Reerun_KC
03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Where is petegz28?

We need someone to bitch all night about the refs....

alnorth
03-27-2009, 07:56 PM
If your gonna foul, make it count.

KC_Connection
bring Aldrich and Sherron back...:(

Lzen
Where is petegz28?

Yeah, he would bitch about the refs. But it would only be on calls against MSU.

Mr. Kotter
Where is petegz28?

"Spartans are gettin' SCREWED by the Zebras!"

KcMizzou
Mizzou gettin' some love.

Mr. Plow
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
bring Aldrich and Sherron back...:(

Can't have them both out at the same time.

DeezNutz
Lots of standing around on the offensive end.

Dr. Johnny Fever
fucking sloppy ass shit

Buehler445
Collins horsing it.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 07:58 PM
And the monster returns.

DeezNutz
Morris twins are a waste of height and athleticism. They should be so much better than they are...

Bearcat
****ing sloppy ass shit

Maybe I should go out.... heh.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Thank you Jesus for Cole Aldrich

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Sloppy

KC_Connection
Looked like he was hit on the wrist to me, but w/e

damnit

Dr. Johnny Fever
Aldrich was wide open to the basket as the got down court and they didn't even notice

DeezNutz
Self going to go ape shit at the half.

Lzen
03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Aldrich has to pass out of that double team. Reed was wide open on the wing.

Reerun_KC
Self is chewing major ass right now...

KC_Connection
Self going to go ape shit at the half.

depends how the half finishes, there is 10 minutes left

Bearcat
Slingbox time... so if everyone could pause for 30 seconds before posting, that would be great, yeeeeaaaahhhh.....

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
depends how the half finishes, there is 10 minutes left

Won't matter. He's obviously not happy with the defensive intensity.

Dr. Johnny Fever
If we could stop playing like two guys and a bunch of freshman

DeezNutz
Nice.

Reerun_KC
03-27-2009, 08:02 PM
like a heavy weight fight

Bearcat
Nice.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Ok those were nice

KC_Connection
They are playing some very good defense on Aldrich.

Lzen
The defense has picked up. :)

Reerun_KC
MSU need to purchase some bus tickets....

Skip Towne
I hate us walking the ball up the court. Look Alive!!

KC_Connection
Slingbox time... so if everyone could pause for 30 seconds before posting, that would be great, yeeeeaaaahhhh.....
I watch the Blue Jays on slingbox while posting on message boards/chat rooms. I know how you feel.

03-27-2009, 08:03 PM
anyone else just lose the HD feed?

DeezNutz
Collins continues to have broad shoulders.

Needs some help. And Aldrich needs to finish around the basket.

ROYC75
Damn it , Cole needs to sink some shots to open up the others.

Lzen
Stupid WIBW!! Lost the HD feed again. It was out on the OU game.

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Damn it , Cole needs to sink some shots to open up the others.
They are playing great defense on him. Getting a hand up nearly every time.

Mr. Plow
03-27-2009, 08:05 PM

No problem. I can resist.

KCFalcon59
03-27-2009, 08:05 PM

yes, god damnit

Lzen
03-27-2009, 08:06 PM

Yes.

Stupid WIBW!! Lost the HD feed again. It was out on the OU game.

It appears to be back to HD now.

Bearcat
I watch the Blue Jays on slingbox while posting on message boards/chat rooms. I know how you feel.

It's not too bad, but sometimes I refresh too quickly and see a "OMFG WOOOHOOOOO!" before I see the play. It's more stoppage-to-stoppage than play-by-play.

Mr. Plow

Mines been going in and out all night with the freakin' snow that we've had.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Even playing sloppy we look like the better team overall and that surprises me.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 08:07 PM
What's with all the offensive fouls? (Both sides)

03-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Aldrich is a friggin beast.

ROYC75
03-27-2009, 08:09 PM
:KU: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS,GO KU ! :KU:

Mr. Plow
2 dunks for Morningwood.....sweet.

1ChiefsDan
Oh yeaaaaaaaa

banyon
Nice run Hawks :clap:

ROYC75
SWEET !

KCFalcon59
That's the way Jayhawks

KC_Connection
Now we're playing better defensively.

We did start out like this against Michigan State last time, so there's still a long way to go.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Aldrich is a friggin beast.

word

Mr. Krab
03-27-2009, 08:10 PM
KU not playing that well and still starting to spank MSU. Looking good Jayhawks.

Buehler445
FUCK YES MORNINGSTAR

Lzen
Morningstar with the steal and dunk again!!

Gotta give it up for Reed there, though. His defense caused that initially. Good job by Morningstar playing the passing lane.

Mr. Plow
Now we're playing better defensively.

We did start out like this against Michigan State last time, so there's still a long way to go.

We also only scored 18 points in the 1st.

Bearcat
Even playing sloppy we look like the better team overall and that surprises me.

At this point I think it'll stay close until the half and then we'll make a run and put them away in the 2nd half. But, I haven't watched MSU at all, so I don't know how they do half-to-half.... it's not like shooting 35% is all that bad for a B11 team. ;)

Hmmm... up 10 now. Maybe it goes to "get up by 15 and fall asleep in the 2nd half". Always hard to tell. :(

Skip Towne
Morningstar on his game.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Later all... headin to the bar... think the game will be on there.

ROCK CHALK FUCKERS!!!!

KC_Connection
03-27-2009, 08:11 PM
We also only scored 18 points in the 1st.
true say