PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports If you could have any of these head coaches...

jAZ
03-27-2009, 11:00 AM
... who would you want?

Gonzo
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes.

Gonzo
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Huh?

Gonzo
03-27-2009, 11:03 AM
WTF is going on here?

Gonzo
Is there a poll coming or what?

Gonzo
AHHHHHHH!!!! I'm Confused!!!

Where's my fucking Sham-Wow?

Gonzo
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
A pioli poll?

penguinz
03-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Where the fuck is Mike Anderson's name?

jAZ
03-27-2009, 11:22 AM
AHHHHHHH!!!! I'm Confused!!!

Where's my ****ing Sham-Wow?

VERY NSFW (language)!

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3757117&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;ful lscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3757117&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;ful lscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/3757117">Cock Shot</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/invisibleengine">Invisible Engine</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

jAZ
03-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Where the **** is Mike Anderson's name?

See: "Other"

Actually, I chose 25 fields and he was #26 and I am lazy. But I thought about it just for this crowd.

htismaqe
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
As an Iowa fan, I guess I could dream and go with Izzo or Self, but that's not very realistic.

For me personally, I HATE the "new" Big 10 and Todd Lickliter is one of it's worst proponents. I'd take Mike Anderson in a heartbeat, that style of ball could do damage in a league where everybody wants to score 40 points...

Kyle DeLexus
03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I hate to do it to Bill, but I'd take Bob Knight, then Bill Self, then Roy.

beavis
03-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Don't think I would take anyone over Anderson right now, but I might be a little biased.

jAZ
03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
In order...

Roy Williams, North Carolina
Billy Donovan, Florida
Mike Krzyzewski, Duke
Ben Howland, UCLA
Rick Pitino, Louisville
Jim Calhoun, UConn
Bill Self, Kansas
John Calipari, Memphis
Mike Montgomery, California
Jim Boeheim, Syracuse
Tom Izzo, Michigan State
Gary Williams, Maryland
Mark Few, Gonzaga
Jay Wright, Villinova
Jeff Capel, Oklahoma
Jamie Dixon, Pittsburgh
Rick Barnes, Texas
John Thompson III, Georgetown
Anthony Grant, VCU
Thad Matta, Ohio State
Tubby Smith, Minnisota
Tim Floyd, USC
Bo Ryan, Wisconsin
Bruce Pearl, Tennessee

banyon
03-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Krzyewski is still the best game coach, he's lost his recruiting edge though.

Jim Boeheim is probably the worst coach on that list. I don't think I've seen anybody else do so little with so much talent.

I'm happy with Self and Calipari though, they are the recruiters par excellence right now.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Given what Self has done here in 5 years, I can't say I'd like anyone else. ESPECIALLY ROY. He wasn't able to do what Self did in 15 years at the same place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rigodan
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Krzyewski is still the best game coach, he's lost his recruiting edge though.

Jim Boeheim is probably the worst coach on that list. I don't think I've seen anybody else do so little with so much talent.

I'm happy with Self and Calipari though, they are the recruiters par excellence right now.

I think Rick Barnes could give him a run for his money in that department. Atleast Boeheim has won the ship.

I'd agree with either Self or Calipari. I hate Calipari but he is probably the best recruiter in the nation right now.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm more than happy with Bill Self. Losing him would be far worse than losing Roy was.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 01:14 PM
I think Rick Barnes could give him a run for his money in that department. Atleast Boeheim has won the ship.

I'd agree with either Self or Calipari. I hate Calipari but he is probably the best recruiter in the nation right now.

Definitely correct about Calipari. This team is rediculously deep. REDICULOUSLY DEEP. And they really haven't played well in this tournament. You can't win without talent, but you can lose with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Where the **** is Mike Anderson's name?

He doesnt deserve to be up there

CoMoChief
03-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Losing him would be far worse than losing Roy was.

Not really, depends on who you replace him with.

Sully
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I like self, I like Roy.
But I'm happy with mike Anderson.

Never bob knight.

jAZ
03-27-2009, 02:20 PM

Definitely correct about Calipari. This team is rediculously deep. REDICULOUSLY DEEP. And they really haven't played well in this tournament. You can't win without talent, but you can lose with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cal was good before, but he's great this year.

What happened? Before he had WWW.

This year, he added the best recruiter in the nation... Josh Pastner.

Hope we get him back when Arizona hires their new HC.

jAZ
03-27-2009, 02:23 PM
How is is a a back-to-back champion 1+ years removed from the title not getting a single vote?

DJJasonp
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
How is is a a back-to-back champion 1+ years removed from the title not getting a single vote?

If you were in charge of a university.....or better yet, a high school phenom....would you trust Donovan after he did his wishy-washy "I'm leavin' for the NBA.....no, wait, I'm stayin'" routine???

I think that has hurt his reputation and stock tremendously.

jAZ
03-27-2009, 02:36 PM
If you were in charge of a university.....or better yet, a high school phenom....would you trust Donovan after he did his wishy-washy "I'm leavin' for the NBA.....no, wait, I'm stayin'" routine???

I think that has hurt his reputation and stock tremendously.

I'm just asking who you'd want coaching your team. But in my mind, I think a successful college coach turning down the NBA money BEFORE he fails there like everyone not named Larry Brown... shows a widom and humility that not a lot of others have shown.

Seriously.

Kyle DeLexus
03-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I like self, I like Roy.
But I'm happy with mike Anderson.

Never bob knight.

I still think Bob Knight is the greatest coach ever, followed pretty close by Coach K. I might be biased, Bob Knight has been a role model and a personal hero of mine for many years. :)

DJJasonp
03-27-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm just asking who you'd want coaching your team. But in my mind, I think a successful college coach turning down the NBA money BEFORE he fails there like everyone not named Larry Brown... shows a widom and humility that not a lot of others have shown.

Seriously.

I guess I was looking at it as a long-term situation.

That's why I'd have to say Self over Coach K (he's younger, has more years ahead of him...and can apparently "reach" young kids.

But - if it's one game - maybe Donovan sneaks in - but I'm still not sold on the guy because he hasnt done much outside of the recruiting class that won him two titles.

Outside of that group of kids, he's only made it past the first weekend of the tourney twice (in 7 years)....additionally, he's had 3 NIT years (including the past two seasons) and one year (his first at Florida) that he didnt make the NIT.

Pioli Zombie
03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Bill Self took a team that lost its starters and has gotten it to the sweet 16. Nuff said.
Posted via Mobile Device