PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ pleads guilty

Deberg_1990
03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1110123.html

Chiefs running back Larry Johnson pleaded guilty this afternoon to two counts of disturbing the peace in connection with separate incidents involving women at Kansas City night clubs last year.

A Kansas City Municipal Court judge sentenced Johnson to two years of probation but suspended imposition of the sentence. If Johnson completes probation without further incidents, the guilty plea will be removed from his public record.

Authorities originally charged him with two counts of assault but reduced both charges today to disturbing the peace.

In entering his plea, Johnson admitted the city had enough evidence to convict him. Therefore, city prosecutors did not have to call witnesses or present other evidence.

The charges stemmed from two incidents last year.

In the first on Feb. 24, 2008, a 26-year-old woman alleged that Johnson shoved her on the side of the head inside a club in the 3800 block of Main Street.

The woman told police that she and a friend were walking through the club when Johnson came toward them and said “don’t touch me” as he shoved her.

The second incident allegedly occurred in October at Club Blonde in the 100 block of Ward Parkway. A 24-year-old woman alleged that Johnson intentionally spit a drink in her face and made a threat against her boyfriend.

Each of the misdemeanor assault charges carries a fine of up to $500 and a sentence of up to six months in jail.

Johnson previously faced charges in two incidents from 2003 and 2005.

The first involved charges of aggravated assault and misdemeanor battery for allegations that he brandished a gun while arguing with a former girlfriend.

Those charges were dropped after he successfully completed a domestic violence diversion program.

In 2005, a woman alleged that Johnson shoved her during another nightclub incident. The woman later changed her story. After she failed to show up for court hearings, prosecutors dismissed the misdemeanor assault charge.

keg in kc
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Idjit.

seclark
03-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Those charges were dropped after he successfully completed a domestic violence diversion program.

i question the "successfully" part.
sec

bdeg
03-27-2009, 02:03 PM
life in jail

soundmind
03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
So the tally is at 4 incidents of "assault" in 5 years....and he still makes $7M/year to play football, and sh*ts on the town and team that pays him.

What more reason does someone need to sweep the leg on this guy?

I'll personally give Bernard Pollard a large sum of money to take him out. I may start taking up a collection so the amount is more suitable....

Duck Dog
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Charming and classy.

soundmind
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
CAN WE PLEASE GET RID OF HIM ALREADY!?!?!?!?!

alpha_omega
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
C Ya!

gblowfish
03-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Yet, there'll be some stupid chick that'll flirt and chase him in the clubs next fall....

Katipan
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Yet, there'll be some stupid chick that'll flirt and chase him in the clubs next fall....

You can't really blame her. It's not like they read the newspaper or anything.

KCrockaholic
03-27-2009, 02:56 PM
hahaha, Lahoo Zaher.

RustShack
03-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Maybe we can convert him to our 3-4 OLB :)

MMXcalibur
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
You can't really blame her. It's not like they read the newspaper or anything.

"Spit on my face, baby. Kick me in the ribs. Yeah, you know how I like it. Now piss on me! YEAH! YEAH!"

Demonpenz
03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
he spend eternaty blocking scott fujita

Mr. Plow
03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Chiefs running back Larry Johnson pleaded guilty this afternoon to two counts of disturbing the peace.........If Johnson completes probation without further incidents, the guilty plea will be removed from his public record.

LJ: "I'm gonna plead guilty, but if I do what you ask, you gotta tell everyone I didn't plead guilty."

Skip Towne
03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Why is this turd on our team? We would ridicule any other team that hired him.

Deberg_1990
03-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Why is this turd on our team?

8 million reasons to keep him. 8 million reasons to dump him.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Why is this turd on our team? We would ridicule any other team that hired him.

Mark my words. Larry is going to go somewhere else and put up insane numbers. We'll all be mad at Pioli.

wild1
03-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Mark my words. Larry is going to go somewhere else and put up insane numbers. We'll all be mad at Pioli.

If he went to another team and ran for 2000 yards I'd still be glad he was gone. Bet most people have the same attitude.

Smed1065
03-27-2009, 07:08 PM

What 8 charges in 4 years?

Smed1065
03-27-2009, 07:09 PM

No she will have enough previous history on record to cash in on a Bentley.

Barret
03-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Since he plead Guilty to these incidents, will that warrant a response from Roger Goodell? Could LJ be suspended? Also since there is a guilty plea would this also allow KC to void the contract he has? I think there is another thread on KC wanting to not pay him his 3.5mil and the remainder of his contract.

Delano
03-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Since he plead Guilty to these incidents, will that warrant a response from Roger Goodell? Could LJ be suspended? Also since there is a guilty plea would this also allow KC to void the contract he has? I think there is another thread on KC wanting to not pay him his 3.5mil and the remainder of his contract.

I would think the guilty plea precipitated the grievance filing. The Chiefs were probably waiting for this.

wild1
03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
I would think the guilty plea precipitated the grievance filing. The Chiefs were probably waiting for this.

Yeah. I bet the Chiefs are in the process of kicking him the F out of town, but they have to do things just-so to get back all that guaranteed money.

acasas4
03-27-2009, 07:22 PM

Running back Larry Johnson's future in Kansas City could be determined by the outcome of his grievance hearing with the Chiefs on Wednesday.
At issue is $3.75 million of guaranteed money Johnson is due from the Chiefs in the contract extension he signed in August 2007. Generally, NFL salaries are not guaranteed, but Johnson's contract calls for payments of $3.5 million this year and $250,000 in 2010 that the Chiefs must pay regardless of whether he plays for them.
The Chiefs claim the one-game suspension he received from the NFL last year for violating the league's personal-conduct policy is a breach of his contract and frees them from having to pay the guaranteed money.

I hope this is the case. Now get the fuck out lj.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 07:24 PM
If someone would only write an article explaining how fans still love Larry...I'm sure he'd turn it around...

Pioli Zombie
03-27-2009, 08:09 PM
If someone would only write an article explaining how fans still love Larry...I'm sure he'd turn it around...
Claythans typing away...
Posted via Mobile Device

stlchiefs
03-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Johnson will not be allowed to consume alcohol or be at any Kansas City bars or nightclubs after 9 p.m. while on probation.

For some reason I don't see LJ making it 2 years like this. It's just not as fun to walk around your own house with your shirt half unbuttoned drinking from a bottle of Aquafina.

stumppy
03-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Claythans masturbating while typing away...
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP

wild1
03-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I think he would rather leave town than shut up, work, and stay out of the clubs. He's me-first.

Halfcan
03-28-2009, 04:44 PM
So the tally is at 4 incidents of "assault" in 5 years....and he still makes $7M/year to play football, and sh*ts on the town and team that pays him.

What more reason does someone need to sweep the leg on this guy?

I'll personally give Bernard Pollard a large sum of money to take him out. I may start taking up a collection so the amount is more suitable....

;) yep