PDA

View Full Version : MU Sometimes, you just lose to a better team

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, Kimba Walker was ridiculously lucky at times, but he was also good.

It's easy to bitch about the charge call on Leo against Thabeet, or our seeming inability to draw fouls on interior contact, but in reality, we weren't jobbed out of this game, we just lost to a team with more talent.

There was a lid on the basket for us on a lot of shots, but them's the breaks. Sometimes it's your day with the rolls (Memphis) and some days it isn't (today).

Either way, good game by UConn, but big props to MU, who did the entire state, University and their fans proud. I'm more proud of this team than about any I've ever rooted for.

Sure-Oz
03-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Best Mizzou team i've seen, never fucking folded

Crush
03-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Yep, the future actually looks promising.

KcMizzou
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Damned right. Those kids have nothing to be ashamed of. They make me proud to be a Mizzou fan.

petegz28
03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
We got robbed on some shots that were in then out of the bucket. All in all, we played a great game and made UCONN play 40 minutes. I just wish we could have come out of the gate a little stronger is all.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-28-2009, 05:36 PM
im curious, who does missouri lose for next year?

KcMizzou
03-28-2009, 05:36 PM
How 'bout Safford? Damn, that kid is clutch.

And only a soph.

milkman
03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I think a part of the reason that they lost is some forced shots when the game was close.

There were several trips that they took quick forced shots when they should have shown some patience in the half court set.

Sully
I'm so proud.

But this hurts more than I thought it would've.

Had we lost by 20...fine. But missing that many free throws and making that many unforced errors. It could've been a completely different game, had those things been in our favor. Mizzou has been poor at the line forever...I hope they can clear it up.

Sully
im curious, who does missouri lose for next year?

Lyons
Carroll
Lawrence
Anderson Jr

KcMizzou
im curious, who does missouri lose for next year?DeMarre, Lyons, and Lawrence.

I'd buy those guys a beer, if I could. Espescially DeMarre.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Lyons
Carroll
Lawrence
Anderson Jr
ouch that alot, i hope you guys got a good recruiting class coming in

MTG#10
03-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Im very proud of this team and they did way better than I expected them to but damn they suck at free-throws. I honestly cant remember seeing anyone hit both of their FT's all tournament long. I know somebody did, probably several times but I cant remember any. Maybe Im just used to the NBA but they are just awful behind the FT line.

Sully
03-28-2009, 05:52 PM
ouch that alot, i hope you guys got a good recruiting class coming in

The players already on the team will be damn good replacement. You saw two tonight.

KcMizzou
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
ouch that alot, i hope you guys got a good recruiting class coming inNot sure about that, but guys like Safford, Ramsey and Bowers have shown a ton of promise, and now have some highly valuable game experience.

I think Mizzou will be just fine next season. Mainly because of Tiller. That dude is tough as nails, and he'll lead by example. He was the heart of this team, and he'll be the heart of the next.

KChiefs1
03-28-2009, 05:55 PM
The only guy I think will be hard to replace is Carroll...he is the heart & soul on that team.

JT Tiller will now assume that roll.

Sam Hall
03-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I want to see Michael Dixon contribute right away next season.

R8RFAN
03-28-2009, 05:58 PM
good run guys, yall showed great heart, I was impressed with what I saw in the games I seen them play

KcMizzou
03-28-2009, 05:58 PM
The only guy I think will be hard to replace is Carroll...he is the heart & soul on that team.

JT Tiller will now assume that roll.You could make the arguement that Tiller already was...

But yeah, I'm gonna miss DeMarre, big time.

KcMizzou
03-28-2009, 05:59 PM
good run guys, yall showed great heart, I was impressed with what I saw in the games I seen them playThanks man...

Welcome back to the 'planet.

KChiefs1
03-28-2009, 06:03 PM
You could make the arguement that Tiller already was...

But yeah, I'm gonna miss DeMarre, big time.

You definitely could with Tiller but I think Carroll was the one the freshmen on the team looked up to for leadership. I just think he was because he is a SR & Tiller is a JR.

DJ's left nut
03-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Y'now, I didn't walk away from this convinced that UCONN was the better team.

The refs didn't job us (shutup, Pete ;) ), we didn't get outclassed; we just didn't hit shots. Shit happens.

If Anderson comes back, locks up the Famous commit to go with DeWitt and Dixon, and our youngsters keep developing (a huge point that so many seem to overlook), we'll be back.

I gotta wear shades...

eazyb81
03-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Carroll will be very difficult to replace. His ability to post up down low and run the floor like a guard was huge for us.

It sounds like we're recruiting similar players (big guys that have good ball-handling skills) but who knows if they will be able to give us what Demarre gave us.

WilliamTheIrish
03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Walker was just unreal in this game.

DJ's left nut
03-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Carroll will be very difficult to replace. His ability to post up down low and run the floor like a guard was huge for us.

It sounds like we're recruiting similar players (big guys that have good ball-handling skills) but who knows if they will be able to give us what Demarre gave us.

You won't replace him. You hope that Ramsey/Bowers can provide you a reasonable facsimile and that English/Taylor/Tiller can pick up the slack. Carroll's major attribute was his energy. There's no reason we can't find someone to bring that and I think Anderson will see to it that we do.

In all honesty, I'm ready to see Lyons go. His on/off routine wore me out and had to wear the team out a little as well. While we may not see anyone that brings quite what Carroll does, I think we can find a frontcourt that is nearly as productive. Ultimately our backcourt will have to carry a greater load, though.

Next year's team will be different, that doesn't mean it will be worse.

Sure-Oz
03-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I won't miss Lyons that much, i felt like he could've been a way better player for Mizzou.

Carroll and Lawrence will be missed. I hope we get another true shooter to replace Lawrence as well. This year definetly can't hurt our recruiting class in the near future.

HonestChieffan
03-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I wonder how much cash it will take to keep Anderson.

KcMizzou
03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
I won't miss Lyons that much, i felt like he could've been a way better player for Mizzou.

Carroll and Lawrence will be missed. I hope we get another true shooter to replace Lawrence as well. This year definetly can't hurt our recruiting class in the near future.English can be that guy.

Sure-Oz
03-28-2009, 06:22 PM
English can be that guy.

I definetly agree, that kid can really shoot. I think he can be a hell of a player for us.

DJ's left nut
03-28-2009, 06:35 PM
I wonder how much cash it will take to keep Anderson.

2 million.

DeezNutz
03-28-2009, 06:41 PM
2 million.

That sounds about right, but reports are for less (1.3ish).

Crazy when one thinks Quin was making 1.2. That number for that dumbass is enough to make a guy sick. :shake:

http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1109210.html