PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Recipe advice yet again.... stuffed chicken

AustinChief
03-28-2009, 06:41 PM
ok, trying to come up with a new dish... need some Chiefsplanet feedback.

Here is what I am thinking....

I have two pretty good sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a pound of ground pork.

Thinking of browning the pork and mixing in some velveeta, shallot, peeled tomatos and garlic.

Using that to stuff the chicken after I cover the chicken in breadcrumbs and lightly brown it... then taking the chicken and putting it in the oven to finish cooking...

All of this over spanish rice.

ok, here are my two issues...

#1 I think I will have far far far too much stuffing- should I reserve some and make a seperate sauce out of it? mix it with the bed of rice?

#2 the chicken breasts are pretty damn big... should I cut them open and stuff them... OR pound the hell out of them until they are 1/4" and then roll them around the filling?

What say you?

Fire Me Boy!
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I have no idea about the excess stuffing, but I'd pound them and turn it into a stuffed scallopini of sorts.

AustinChief
03-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I have no idea about the excess stuffing, but I'd pound them and turn it into a stuffed scallopini of sorts.

decided to butterfly them and then pound em thin and roll em up.

that will allow me to use more filling... hopefully that is enough

Bugeater
03-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Make sure to wrap the entire thing with a bacon weave.

Hammock Parties
03-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Spanish rice seems like overkill to me. I'd go with plain rice.

AustinChief
03-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Spanish rice seems like overkill to me. I'd go with plain rice.

#1 I love me some spanish rice
#2 all I have (well maybe a little leftover white rice I guess I could mix in)

The whole dish is spiced in a tex-mex style... so it should work well...

The ground beef mixture will also have a ton of cayenne, chipotle tabasco and cumin for good measure

cdcox
03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Velveeta. :shake:

Buehler445
03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
#1 I love me some spanish rice
#2 all I have (well maybe a little leftover white rice I guess I could mix in)

The whole dish is spiced in a tex-mex style... so it should work well...

The ground beef mixture will also have a ton of cayenne, chipotle tabasco and cumin for good measure

If I were you, I wouldn't use garlic then.

AustinChief
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Velveeta. :shake:

Normally I agree, but in a case like this, it is perfect.

StcChief
03-28-2009, 09:11 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't use garlic then.
a tad of crushed garlic or garlic salt is always good.... just dont over do it.
It's good for you.

Simply Red
03-28-2009, 09:44 PM
lightly dusted w/ black-pepper and salt -> Raw chicken-breast glazed w/ grey-poupon.
'Real' applewood smoked bacon bits lightly sprinklet w/ 'sugar-in-the-raw.'
Asparagus tossed in olive oil and lightly kosher salted
fontina cheese

Just roll'r up and let the asparagus dangle, you could broil (to brown) and finish slow and low 300 degrees...

I just made that up for ya';)

Fish
03-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Make sure to wrap the entire thing with a bacon weave.

How dare you ignore this brilliant advice...

DJ's left nut
03-28-2009, 09:55 PM
A) Pound them flat, good call.

B) A real easy but not terribly healthy chicken stuffing: Take Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat than cream cheese) and mix in powdered ranch dressing mix to taste.

If you've had the Houlihans stuffed chicken breasts or the Houlihans stuffed mushrooms, this is a very close facsimile. I'll use it to make stuffed 'shrooms as well (though you need to freeze those before frying or the cheese will heat too soon and run out before the breading gets golden).

Something else I'll do with a tex-mex style breaded chicken breast sounds awful but is very good. Crush up some cheeze-its and mix in taco seasoning (again to taste). It makes a really good little tex-mex chicken breast. I'll usually fill the breast with some combination of chedder, butter and jalapeno.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2009, 09:58 PM
i'd do a goat or cream cheese in lieu of velveeta

DJ's left nut
03-28-2009, 10:00 PM
i'd do a goat or cream cheese in lieu of velveeta

In all honesty, I'd put dog shit in lieu of velveta, but that didn't seem constructive.

KCUnited
03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I do something similar where I pound out the chicken, use goat cheese, spinach, and garlic for the stuffing, and wrap it in prociutto, bread an bake. I use the extra stuffing in the orzo. I also slice the chicken after baking and serve it family style so no one feels they have to eat a whole stuffed chicken.

speak24
03-29-2009, 09:03 AM
How did it turn out?