PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I got front row seats for next season!

CHENZ A!
03-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Talked to my dad today and got some great news about where I'll be sitting at Arrowhead this coming season.

He has been a Chiefs season ticket holder since the old stadium, and he has a very high "priority number" which has enabled him to help out numerous people over the years get some really good seats for season tickets, and get good seats for other events in Arrowhead like KU/MU or Big 12 Championship games.

Pops sat in the Club Level for about 25 years, until finally 3 yrs ago Carl Peterson priced him out and they became too expensive. He decided to take advantage of the Senior Citizen discount tickets that the Chiefs offered in one section which was lower level endzone. He missed sitting next to all the people he had befriended over the years in section 241, but really liked the endzone seats the past couple years as well.

This last season, Carl decided that they were not going to offer a Senior Citizen discount ticket anymore, and Pops seat was going to full price. so this past Monday he put in for seat relocation, and with his priority number so high, he was able to get lower level FIRST ROW aisle seats in the endzone! I was really excited, but concerned whether he'd be able to navigate the stairs without a lot of pain since he has bad knees. Pops said he'd get some cortizone shots and be good to go.

He sounds more optimistic about the Chiefs than he has been in a lot of years, with the new GM, coach, and now new seats. I can't wait for the season. My old man is a homebody, and does not spend much on entertainment, so I really appreciate the time I get to spend with him out at the games. He is my best friend in the world. Can't wait for next season.

We're gonna be on TV! If anyone sees a little old guy wearing a Buck Buchanon Jersey standing front row next to a big goofy looking fool wearing a DT jersey come say whatup! LMAO

6:45 AM getting ready to leave Pops house for Arrowhead.
http://s5.tinypic.com/15hzt78.jpg

My tribute to Pops
http://s5.tinypic.com/2djvtvk.jpg

StcChief
03-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Good deal..... hope it's not too close.

stevieray
03-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Congrats!

Which section?

Dunit35
03-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Anybody who goes to a kc games needs to go to a Chenz tailgate.

PastorMikH
03-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Haven't you heard? Pioli changed the seat numbering system to match those in New England his 3rd week here. Basically, he inverted all of the rows of seating - you all are actually in the last row of the upper deck and will be able to spit over the rail onto the grass outside.

:)

Congrats on the seats.:thumb:

CHENZ A!
03-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Congrats!

Which section?

That's the only setback, we'll be in 106. Opposite side from you guys. I would've preferred to stay on that end because it has more sunshine, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Hammock Parties
03-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Dude, do you have a tat of your dad on your arm?

That is heart-warming.

CHENZ A!
03-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Haven't you heard? Pioli changed the seat numbering system to match those in New England his 3rd week here. Basically, he inverted all of the rows of seating - you all are actually in the last row of the upper deck and will be able to spit over the rail onto the grass outside.

:)

Congrats on the seats.:thumb:

LMAO DAMMIT PIOLI! :cuss:

CHENZ A!
03-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Dude, do you have a tat of your dad on your arm?

That is heart-warming.

Yes I do.

wazu
03-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Nice, congrats! On an unrelated note, your dad's jersey looks pretty cool. White stripes on the side? I didn't think the Chiefs had "real" throwback jerseys.

CHENZ A!
03-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Nice, congrats! On an unrelated note, your dad's jersey looks pretty cool. White stripes on the side? I didn't think the Chiefs had "real" throwback jerseys.

Thanks!

The jersey is "old style" but not a true throwback. It has long sleeves, and the white stripes on the sleeves. Pop's favorite player was Buck Buchanan, so I had to get that for him. They also make Dawson, Taylor, and Bell jersey's like that. pop's is customized with the Lamar Hunt AFL patch sewn on along with the 25 yr season ticket holder patch sewn on the other shoulder.

Pops actually met Buchanan quite a few times. He used to bartend and manage a popular pizza restaurant in Overland Park back in the 60's and 70's that Buck used to frequent. One night while buck was having a beer waiting for his pizza, Pops asked him if he could try on his superbowl ring, and Buck let him. Pops said that Buck's hands were so big that he was wearing the ring on his pinky finger, and when he tried it on he could put the ring on his thumb and spin it around.

luv
03-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks!

The jersey is "old style" but not a true throwback. It has long sleeves, and the white stripes on the sleeves. Pop's favorite player was Buck Buchanan, so I had to get that for him. They also make Dawson, Taylor, and Bell jersey's like that. pop's is customized with the Lamar Hunt AFL patch sewn on along with the 25 yr season ticket holder patch sewn on the other shoulder.

Pops actually met Buchanan quite a few times. He used to bartend and manage a popular pizza restaurant in Overland Park back in the 60's and 70's that Buck used to frequent. One night while buck was having a beer waiting for his pizza, Pops asked him if he could try on his superbowl ring, and Buck let him. Pops said that Buck's hands were so big that he was wearing the ring on his pinky finger, and when he tried it on he could put the ring on his thumb and spin it around.

My dad has the Bell jersey like that.

You know, I have been to countless games, yet ever made it to your tailgate.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Congrats man! Does your dad ever visit Chiefs Planet ?

Deberg_1990
03-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Congrats man. Your Dad sounds like one cool dude.

Hydrae
03-29-2009, 06:49 AM
I love that he is your best friend. Right now I would have to say that my 17 year old son is my best friend. I hope we can keep it that way at least for a few more years.

gblowfish
03-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Front Row Rules!!

CHENZ A!
03-29-2009, 09:55 AM
My dad has the Bell jersey like that.

You know, I have been to countless games, yet ever made it to your tailgate.

You'll have to stop by for a beer sometime next season.

CHENZ A!
03-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Congrats man! Does your dad ever visit Chiefs Planet ?

Thanks! Naw, he doesn't own a computer. The man refused to get a cell phone, but his work got one for him, and he finally just last month got a debit card from his bank. He had never even used an ATM to withdraw money in his life. He's just old school, really low maintenance and doesn't care about all the "new" technology like cell phones, DVD players, debit cards, CD players, digital cameras and whatnot.

CHENZ A!
03-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Front Row Rules!!

I can't wait to take some pictures from the new seats.

The Bad Guy
03-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Congrats man.

Pops seems like a kickass guy.