PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Your ChiefsPlanet H2H FLB Live Draft is tomorrow!

Hootie
03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
8:30 PM EST (7:30 CST)

Everyone going to be there? I am looking forward to it!

duncan_idaho
03-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Hootie:

I'll be there.

Had a fun draft last week. 12-team keeper, roto league. Five keepers, 6x6 scoring (R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS, AVG; Ws, Ss, ERA, WHIP, K/9, K/BB).

I got lucky and got the No. 1 pick. Debated between Ramirez and Pujols and decided to go with Ramirez because it's a MI/CI league and position scarcity won out in my head.

I got lucky again when the snake came back to me for rounds 2 and 3. A-Rod still was available (shocking me, since it was a keeper league), and I added him to give me the top keeper combo at SS/3B in the league. grabbed haren, too, to get a stud starter with a good K rate.

Ended up like this:

C Shoppach
1B Jacobs
2B Uggla
SS H. Ramirez
3B ARod/Glaus
MI Stephen Drew
CI Jorge Cantu

OF Ordonez
OF Maybin
OF Milledge
OF Travis Snider

BN Nelson Cruz

Pitching is 3 SP, 2 RP, 2P format. Here's what I got:

SP Haren
SP Liriano
SP Kazmir
SP Joba Chamberlain
SP Javier Vazquez
SP Chris Carpenter

RP B.J. Ryan
RP Brian Fuentes
RP Jason Motte
RP Kevin Gregg

With Glaus hitting the DL, I was able to add Ian Stewart, who is a great keeper sleeper in my opinion (could end up being eligible at 2B, 3B, MI and CI and has great power potential).

I'm pretty happy with the team. OF is a little weaker than I would like, but I felt like locking up position scarce studs in a keeper league was critical. Tried to focus on guys with speed and big upside in the middle rounds at OF (thus, Milledge and Maybin) The IP minimum is pretty low, so I can afford to go with a reliever-heavy staff and probably will. Also, because of the K/9 and K/BB stats, my pitcher stategy changed a little. I feel good about my chances of dominating Ss, K/9, ERA and WHIP, and I will probably try to swing one of my high K/BB pitchers (Haren and Kazmir) for a guy who doesn't hurt me as much there.

I think my teams should be pretty competitive this year - I'll have to be active on the waiver wire if the young OF doesn't produce - and I think my keeper crop is the strongest in the league right now.

RJ
03-29-2009, 07:39 PM
That's a solid team, duncan_idaho, though I agree the OF is weak. Your pitching makes up for it, IMO.

See you boys tomorrow evening.

duncan_idaho
03-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I figure OF is the easiest position to fix (especially the way some of these guys drafted. Matt Kemp is one guy's third-best OF - and he has Granderson and Werth, too). Plenty of trade options, should I decide to go that route. And there will be at least a few guys out there that blow up unexpectedly.

If I get 15 HR/70 RBI/25 SBs from Milledge, I'll be happy.

I think Maybin could be a 90R/15 HR/30 SB, too.

Ordonez will go .320/30/100 RBI/100 R again, and I'll be happy with that. Then it's just a matter of finding a fourth guy.

Not sure what I'll get from Snider, but that's a pretty good lineup he's in. Think .280/20/75 is possible...

Anyway, if two of the young guys are productive enough to be on my roster in September, I'll be pretty happy...

Hootie
03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I needed SB's and Saves for my Roto league...last week, after much debate, I traded Utley and Mark Reynolds for Howie Kendrick, Alex Rios and Carlos Marmol.

Yep...Piniella did a number on me! GD GD GD!

Hopefully Kendrick will be as good as I plan on him being this year

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Just did a draft for a 14 team H2H league that is 7x7

Ended up with the following

C: Soto
1b: Fielder
2b: Aviles
SS: Han Ram
3B: Chris Davis
OF: Carlos Lee
OF: Hunter Pence
OF: Justin Upton
Util: Kevin Kouzmanoff
B: Alexi Casilla
B: Shin Soo Choo
B: Matt LaPorta
B: Elijah Dukes

SP: Zach Greinke
SP: Scott Baker
RP Joakim Soria
P: Jonathan Broxton
B: Wandy Rodriguez
B: Ubaldo Jimenez
B: Erik Bedard

duncan_idaho
03-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I needed SB's and Saves for my Roto league...last week, after much debate, I traded Utley and Mark Reynolds for Howie Kendrick, Alex Rios and Carlos Marmol.

Yep...Piniella did a number on me! GD GD GD!

Hopefully Kendrick will be as good as I plan on him being this year

Wish Pinella had waited another day to tab Gregg as the closer. I have chuckled to myself as someone grabbed Marmol early in each of the live drafts I've done... and then chuckled again when I got Gregg in the last three rounds in each of them.

Oh well. I'll benefit in almost all of my leagues...

Also... I think that's a good trade even if Marmol isn't closing. Kendrick and Rios for Utley and Reynolds wouldn't be that bad all by itself. And you still might get some Ss from Marmol...

Hootie
03-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I knew there was a controversy, I just never thought Gregg would actually be named the closer.

Sure-Oz
03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
I will have a busy day tomorrow but im hoping to attend, i hate missing fantasy drafts.

CoMoChief
03-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Just had my fantasy bball draft. Best thing about living in CoMo and doing fantasy baseball is that Most Cardinals fans will pick Cardinals even when theyre obvious reaches.

Heres mine

C - Miguel Olivo (also have Mauer but he's inj for the time being)
1b - Carlos Pena
2b - Chase Utley
3b - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Derek Jeter
OF - Carlos Beltran
OF - Vlad Guererro
OF - Carl Crawford
UTL - David Ortiz
BN - Paul Konerko (1B)
BN - David Dejesus (of)
BN - Elvis Andrus (ss)
DL - Joe Mauer (c)

For pitching cant remember whos on bench or not but anyways.....

SP - Dice K
SP - Edinson Volquez
SP - Randy Johnson
SP - Joba Chamberlain
SP - Zack Greinke
SP - Felix Hernandez

RP - Joe Nathan
RP - Kerry Wood
RP - Joakim Soria

Hootie
03-30-2009, 07:54 AM
bumpage

oldandslow
03-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Hootie:

Have a question for you. I have played Yahoo for a zillion years and we always used min innings pitched for pitchers.

I see espn has max starts. Does this means pitchers can only show up in a lineup X number of times per week?????

Thanks.

I will be there tonight, unless the upcoming blizzard screws my satellite connection. Sometimes I hate S. Dakota....

Hootie
03-30-2009, 08:50 AM
It just means you are limited to 14 starts per week (usually)...that way, if someone saves their 50 transactions for the playoffs they can't effectively stream (since everyone is so against streaming)...

The Bad Guy
03-30-2009, 08:54 AM
I know I said I was out, but I'm starting to get the itch to do another draft.

Bill Lundberg
03-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I won't be there, but I'll pre rank my players.

Hootie
03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I won't be there, but I'll pre rank my players.

Nice...hopefully the auto will land you a good team...I've had to draft many times using pre-rank and most of the time I end up with a decent enough draft.

soundmind
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
When will we know the draft order for this dance???

Yahoo was a half-hour prior to the draft.....I guess I assumed something similar, but since "knowing is half the battle".....I'd like to know as soon as we can.

Just wonderin, if anyone knows, please to the reply. Word.

Hootie
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
1 hour before the draft.

doomy3
03-30-2009, 11:40 AM
When will we know the draft order for this dance???

Yahoo was a half-hour prior to the draft.....I guess I assumed something similar, but since "knowing is half the battle".....I'd like to know as soon as we can.

Just wonderin, if anyone knows, please to the reply. Word.

I think ESPN makes it known an hour before

Hootie
03-30-2009, 04:30 PM
1 more hour before we find out who gets the #1 pick! I'm pretty stoked...I don't know why.

Hootie
03-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Damnit! I did two leagues this year...first league (Roto) I get 9th out of 10th pick...which is fine, I don't mind...but tonight I get the friggin' 11th pick our of 12...frustrating.

Sure-Oz
03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
#1 overall niiiiice! now who the hell do i pick

duncan_idaho
03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Nice, sure-oz. Lucky bastich. Oh well, I can't complain. I got the top pick in my new keeper league last week (in case anyone missed the gloating I did, I ended up with Hanley AND A-Rod).

Third isn't bad. Nice thing about it is that it's pretty certain who is going to be sitting there...

Sure-Oz
03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm leaning towards Hanley as well since 1b is deep or id go with Poojols

DrRyan
03-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Gotta go HanRam over Pujols. I took Wright over Pujols with #2 in one league. 1B is much much deeper than 3B. In that league I think I got Adrian Gonzalez 5 rounds later. Try and draft a 3B five rounds later and you will be dealing with Alex Gordon, Garrett Atkins or hoping Chipper finally puts together a full season.