PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Tailgating and baseball

luv
03-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Do people tailgate at baseball games? I haven't been to a pro game since I was like 11. I'm thinking about going to some more Springfield Cardinals games this season. Just wondering.

Bugeater
03-31-2009, 10:13 PM
What is that, AA ball? I doubt it.

Farzin
03-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Do people tailgate at baseball games? I haven't been to a pro game since I was like 11. I'm thinking about going to some more Springfield Cardinals games this season. Just wondering.

I've seen people get together and have beer before they head inside to watch the Royals, but I've never seen people pull out a grill (then again, I rarely go to baseball games.)

By the way, I stayed in a hotel across the Cardinals stadium in Springfield for a broadcast conference back in October. They have a nice stadium for a non-Major League team.

Kyle DeLexus
03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
We do when we go.

luv
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
I've seen people get together and have beer before they head inside to watch the Royals, but I've never seen people pull out a grill (then again, I rarely go to baseball games.)

By the way, I stayed in a hotel across the Cardinals stadium in Springfield for a broadcast conference back in October. They have a nice stadium for a non-Major League team.

I went to one game last year. I took my dad for Father's Day. Sat in the Redbird Roost, which includes all you can eat and drink (no free alcohol), so we didn't get there too long before the game started.

Farzin
03-31-2009, 10:29 PM
I went to one game last year. I took my dad for Father's Day. Sat in the Redbird Roost, which includes all you can eat and drink (no free alcohol), so we didn't get there too long before the game started.

My friend and I were trying to do a story over their and the Cardinals mascot happened to be there. Whoever was in the costume, I wanted to punch because he kept bugging us everytime we were filming haha.

But that's a pretty cool experience with your dad. Is the team down their any good?

keg in kc
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Some folks tailgate at Royals games, but it's nothing like Chiefs tailgating.

'course, you can do whatever the heck you want. If you feel like doing it, do it. Maybe you'll start something.

POND_OF_RED
03-31-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure any AA baseball team has much of a tailgating atmosphere. As for baseball games and tailgating it's a definite at Royals games. I think people tailgate for anything in Kansas City though...

luv
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
My friend and I were trying to do a story over their and the Cardinals mascot happened to be there. Whoever was in the costume, I wanted to punch because he kept bugging us everytime we were filming haha.

But that's a pretty cool experience with your dad. Is the team down their any good?

I know we went deep into the playoffs, but I honestly could't tell you for sure. They lost the game we went to. I like minor league games. More fun activities and audience involvement between innings.

It's hard to tell sometimes, since te team is constantly changing. People coming from and going to the majors.

ChiefsCountry
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
I think the Royals and Brewers are really the only places where tailgating takes place for baseball. Not large scale like the Chiefs but their are always a few grills lit up for Royals.

Now for the Springfield Cardinals, their is none. I really dont know where people would do it either. Best bet for their games is Ebbetts Field before the games.

Jenson71
03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Sure, go ahead if you have friends.

Otherwise, watch batting practice, debate the merits over certain batting and pitching statistics over others, argue with neighbors over the designated hitter, explain how glad you are that we can now get out of the steriod era, and demonstrate this by admiring the young, fast, lean ballplayers now like the Uptons.

Ruminate on the glories of baseball past and fight over who is the greatest living player (Willie Mays or Hank Aaron, or maybe someone else?). Have a few ballpark franks. They are never better than at the ballpark

CHENZ A!
03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
people tailgate at Royals games all the time.

cardinals fans are homos.

Sure-Oz
03-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Whenever we go to a weekend royals game we show up about an hour and half early and drink and eat. Usually happend on opening day where we came really early.

Sam Hall
03-31-2009, 10:40 PM
this is how it's done

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iN508y4qBKM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iN508y4qBKM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stevieray
03-31-2009, 11:02 PM
oh yeah, my wife as we speak is making blue jumpsuits.

FDE is gone.

It's Home Run Elvis now..even have the new move down.

Bugeater
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
oh yeah, my wife as we speak is making blue jumpsuits.

FDE is gone.

It's Home Run Elvis now..even have the new move down.
You'd probably get more play as Base Hit Elvis. Just sayin'.