PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA Football 10

RustShack
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Whos getting it when it comes out? I now have a 360 and think I might try it on that this year vs my PS3. I say we get a big ass dynasty going and I have dibs on Iowa State.

The Franchise
04-01-2009, 03:41 PM
I'll be buying it for PS3.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Some of us are still playing a dynasty from last years game...

chiefs1111
04-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I know I will...

Mr. Arrowhead
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Im down, i hope they make defense a little easier.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Im down, i hope they make defense a little easier.

This years isn't that hard once you figure out what works and what doesn't but it's mainly recruiting speed speed and well more speed.

I'd play but the last time I did that, it didn't end well...

Al Bundy
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I will be getting it on PS2. No reason to buy a PS3.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-01-2009, 04:25 PM
This years isn't that hard once you figure out what works and what doesn't but it's mainly recruiting speed speed and well more speed.

I'd play but the last time I did that, it didn't end well...
maybe i just gave up too soon

RustShack
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Some of us are still playing a dynasty from last years game...

So does that mean your not buying 10?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 07:46 PM
So does that mean your not buying 10?

Nah I'll probably buy it, I enjoy college football games since I can build the team into what I want it to be...

Just remember if you guys ask me to join...don't ask me to quit because I win to much.

J Diddy
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Nah I'll probably buy it, I enjoy college football games since I can build the team into what I want it to be...

Just remember if you guys ask me to join...don't ask me to quit because I win to much.

bitch, bitch

Mecca
04-01-2009, 08:00 PM
bitch, bitch

LOL..I wasn't the one bitching.

J Diddy
04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
LOL..I wasn't the one bitching.

but you most certainly are right now

Mecca
04-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey just sayin everyone is all gung ho to play with me at the beginning then a few months later its "we can't beat you we want you to leave"

J Diddy
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey just sayin everyone is all gung ho to play with me at the beginning then a few months later its "we can't beat you we want you to leave"

well congratulations, you can certainly beat on people who aren't as good as you

why you'd want to play with inferior competition all the time is beyond me

RustShack
04-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Don't worry you might be asking me that. Its going to hurt even more that I'll be doing it with ISU :evil:

See ya in the National Championship :thumb:

RustShack
04-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm curious, how far are you guys in the one still going on?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 08:40 PM
well congratulations, you can certainly beat on people who aren't as good as you

why you'd want to play with inferior competition all the time is beyond me

You all asked for players there wasn't any clarification of skill level.

J Diddy
04-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm curious, how far are you guys in the one still going on?

Geez, several seasons into it. Tbh, i really don't know 8-10 years, maybe

RustShack
04-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Geez, several seasons into it. Tbh, i really don't know 8-10 years, maybe

Nice, I hope we can get a good one going with a lot of people for 10. How many people are in yours now?

J Diddy
04-01-2009, 08:46 PM
You all asked for players there wasn't any clarification of skill level.

4 or 5 seasons of being undefeated without a loss should have cleared that up for you. That being said I'm done discussing this in this thread. I don't want to hijack it anymore than I already have. If you'd like to continue this feel free to post in the 09 thread.

J Diddy
04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Nice, I hope we can get a good one going with a lot of people for 10. How many people are in yours now?

We're only at 4 now, but there have been some seasons where we'd have almost 8-12. Biggest problem with it being bigger is getting everyone to play their games in a timely manner.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 08:49 PM
All I was saying is some here think I'm really good at football games so I'll say I'll play but be aware of what you're getting beforehand.

RustShack
04-01-2009, 10:02 PM
So we have me with ISU
Jewish Rabbi with Mizzou
Mecca with USC I'm assuming
J-Diddy with ?
Chiefs 1111 with ?
Mr Arrowhead with ?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 10:20 PM
So we have me with ISU
Jewish Rabbi with Mizzou
Mecca with USC I'm assuming
J-Diddy with ?
Chiefs 1111 with ?
Mr Arrowhead with ?

I seriously doubt Diddy is going to play in a league with me...

RustShack
04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I seriously doubt Diddy is going to play in a league with me...

New game, new year, while USC will still be a power house giving you an advantage I don't think they are as good this year.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 10:46 PM
New game, new year, while USC will still be a power house giving you an advantage I don't think they are as good this year.

I used North Carolina on this years game....it ended with me never losing and being asked to leave because it wasn't fun for them anymore.

RustShack
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
I used North Carolina on this years game....it ended with me never losing and being asked to leave because it wasn't fun for them anymore.

ROFL

Mecca
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
ROFL

True story.

RustShack
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM
True story.

I'm even more pumped to get it now :drool:

RustShack
04-02-2009, 12:37 AM
You guys role with the named rosters right?

Mecca
04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
You guys role with the named rosters right?

Uh yea...who doesn't?

RustShack
04-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Uh yea...who doesn't?

Do they come out right when the game does now?

Mecca
04-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Do they come out right when the game does now?

Sometimes, last year there was a roster glitch so it took a few days.

I've played this years so much I'm at the point now where I have all the computer sliders cranked all the human ones down and I'm using a shitty team.

KCChiefsMan
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
I'll get it for the 360. This year I will definately join up on the chiefsplanet dynasty. Of course with the way EA is, I wouldn't be surprised if they remove online franchise.

Mecca
04-02-2009, 01:10 AM
I'll get it for the 360. This year I will definately join up on the chiefsplanet dynasty. Of course with the way EA is, I wouldn't be surprised if they remove online franchise.

LOL, the developers basically jerked themselves off about online dynasty for 6 months they are never going to take that out, that is "their big thing" don't be surprised if most developments for the game have something to do with that.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
they need to get a online franchise for madden

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 07:59 AM
I probably won't buy another NCAA game. The game killing bugs in 07 and 08 were enough to ruin it for me.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 09:08 AM
All I was saying is some here think I'm really good at football games so I'll say I'll play but be aware of what you're getting beforehand.

I bet I could beat you...especially in Madden...

J Diddy
04-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I bet I could beat you...especially in Madden...

He would destroy you. He's got an online record of like 300-7.

The beauty part of it is when he's got you down by 30, he's still trying to throw 90 yard td passes.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
He would destroy you. He's got an online record of like 300-7.

The beauty part of it is when he's got you down by 30, he's still trying to throw 90 yard td passes.

Don't underestimate my video game abilities...

I absolutely used to rape people online in Madden...I stopped playing online when I bought a 360...the next gen football games are awful. The gameplay is terrible...the XBox original Madden's are an infinite times better than the 360 versions...the gameplay on NCAA and Madden on the 360 is crap.

But if I bought NCAA 2010 and practiced for a week I guarantee I bet I could give Mecca a game...Madden always had better game play than NCAA on Xbox...which is why I stopped playing NCAA. People bitch about QB Vision but QB Vision is the absolute best addition to a football game in the last decade...starting making things realistic.

J Diddy
04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Don't underestimate my video game abilities...

I absolutely used to rape people online in Madden...I stopped playing online when I bought a 360...the next gen football games are awful. The gameplay is terrible...the XBox original Madden's are an infinite times better than the 360 versions...the gameplay on NCAA and Madden on the 360 is crap.

But if I bought NCAA 2010 and practiced for a week I guarantee I bet I could give Mecca a game...Madden always had better game play than NCAA on Xbox...which is why I stopped playing NCAA. People bitch about QB Vision but QB Vision is the absolute best addition to a football game in the last decade...starting making things realistic.

Not meaning to underestimate your video gaming abilities, just telling you he's super good. Which is why I don't understand he doesn't try to get into a more competitive league.

I hear what you're saying about the 360, I enjoy ncaa 2009 football but last years madden was god awful. I bought it and sold it on ebay within 3 days. I actually enjoyed the qb vision on the original xbox personally. It added a new dimension to the game.

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
the next gen football games are awful. The gameplay is terrible....

QFT

RustShack
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I enjoy ncaa 2009 football but last years madden was god awful

This.

Mecca
04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
This years madden blew, I didn't play it all that much. NCAA this year I thought was good inspite of it's issues good enough for me to enjoy playing it.

And I agree with Hootie that the regular Xbox Madden was better.

I will say this my NCAA stuff this year, I don't think I'm great because I'm the best offensive player out there. I think I beat people because of my ability to play defense and confuse the other player into jacking up.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
The thing is, Mecca...against novices it is easy to play defense and force them to jack the ball up...especially if you get up by 14 and they abandon the run...

I still have Madden on my PC (sold my Xbox when I bought a 360)...I'd play people over the internet and they were SO bad it was disgusting.

When I played on Xbox Live I wouldn't lose...and I'd mock people by playing Damon Huard as my QB rather than Trent Green...and use QB Vision (which no one would use the year it was optional...it is such an easy feature to learn if you do with with the RT rather than the joystick)...

I'd put DJ at MLB and control him because of his speed and I would average 1 or 2 user picks a game...

The reason why I CAN'T STAND the next gen football games is because playing user defense is so fucking stupid and difficult it is no fun...in Madden on XBox you could literally control your guy with ease by strafing, etc...you could tackle without having to use the AI...I mean, it's more logical to get your guy in position with next gen against a user and click off of him and let the AI tackle the guy so you don't get juked...

That would NEVER happen on XBox...

When the game play is retarded, it's hard for me to play...on Xbox you could throw a pass to your receiver, take control of your receiver, manipulate the AI so you could catch the ball every time...meaning only the opposing players who were skilled enough to take control of their safety or corner could stop you...

I used to get into some epic battles against the other top players on Xbox live...games where you are constantly disguising coverages on defense...hitting 15 different audibles before the snap...my hurry up offense on madden is sick...I can't describe it...it's easily one of the greatest things I've ever accomplished on a video game...when you are tied or down under 2 minutes in the half online they allow you to run hurry up and call the plays before everyone is set...I have my audibles set up and literally the only way a team can stop me is if I have a fluke fumble...

Man I wish next gen didn't fuck me out of my favorite fucking game...now all I do is play Halo all day (can't even do that since my xbox is fucked!)

Mecca
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
On the college game this year you basically should never play anyone with a ridiculous record because they are cheesing...or if they pick say Florida which is the ultimate cheese team.

What they'll do is start playing all their guys out of position like lbs at DE safetes at LB corners at safety, hell some guys play safeties at DT, the only rating matters is speed and if you do that you'll kill the other person and I don't play that way.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd play a lot of cover 2 in Madden...and I'd have packages where my corners played safety and my safeties played corner...I also utilized Tony Gonzalez about as well as anyone could ever utilize a TE in a video game.

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I'd play a lot of cover 2 in Madden...and I'd have packages where my corners played safety and my safeties played corner...I also utilized Tony Gonzalez about as well as anyone could ever utilize a TE in a video game.

Cover 2 was great in NCAA 2008.

If you liked getting 30 INTs a season with Louisiana Monroe.

Mecca
04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
If you play zone on this years game frequently against the computer..they will pick you apart up and down the field.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
The problem with Madden 2007 was...if you had a player wide open deep the corner would make some ridiculous recovery jump and it pretty much made the deep ball irrelevant...in 2008, they decided to fix this by making teams with QB's that have cannons and good receivers (at that time the Bengals and Colts) impossible to defend from the deep ball...like 70 yard heaves...UNLESS you used two man under or cover 2 (and cover 2 you'd pretty much have to control the safety and swat the ball down with the LT or if you're feeling lucky and in position Y to pick the pass off...)

I ran 3-4 Under two man under with DJ at my RILB and I was money against the pass...I used DJ to cover the flats if teams realized that was where I was vulnerable...and if they started doing it effectively I'd mix in cover 2 and get a lot of picks throwing them off because I generally stayed in my base defense...

I also have three of four blitz packages but I rarely ever blitz...teams could generally run the ball on me...but if they'd get a 2nd and 12 or anything it was pretty much over because it was too hard to pass on me...

I think my stats online were like 36 PPG against 8 PPG or something around that area...and most games only last until halftime where the mercy rule kicks in.

You'd get some epic battles sometimes, though...I broke 4 XBox controllers and used to heave my recliner through my apartment when I'd do something stupid...my roommate would be on the couch playing poker on his laptop...look up...and shake his head.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Just imagine seeing an adult (appearance wise) slam a controller as hard as he can against the ground...and then get up, pick up the chair he's sitting on (Hulk style) and heave it 7 feet across the living room...

The funny thing is...after I broke my last remaining Xbox controller...it was a TOTAL bitch finding a replacement since I don't use those Mad Catz shitty generic ripoffs and stores like Wal-Mart discontinued selling those when the 360 took over.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 06:04 PM
oh and my claim to fame will always be holding down the #2 ranking in Tiger 2005 for several months and having the most online holes in one by over 20...

I'M AN EA MASTER!

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 06:06 PM
NCAA 2004 was still the best version of the game ever.

Hootie
04-02-2009, 06:11 PM
NCAA 2004 was still the best version of the game ever.
Madden 2004 was when EA really turned the corner and made the game badass...every year after that was just an extension from the 2004 game. So yeah, 2004 was an awesome year...MVP 2004 and NBA Live 2004 were also the greatest two games from those franchises as well...

I used to have some awesome Live 2004 battles with my friend...and we played so much MVP that the profile used to keep a running log of how many hours/days you spent on the game and by the time we finished playing and exposing all of the glitches (send Pujols down to AAA on his contract year, and then sign him to a long term 7 year contract at league minimum the next year...you could load up all of your systems with the best major leaguers it was hilarious)...my roommate and I spent over 35 days (which doesn't do justice to how much we played that game...but trust me, that's a lot of time to spend on a video game)...

We'd sit in our apartment...we'd have the laptop out playing online poker...we'd rotate every other batter when hitting (our favorite was hitting opposite field bombs with Jose Reyes and throwing no-no's with Awesome Casey Fossum and Brandon Webb) and every other inning pitching...and we'd download a shit ton of songs and literally stay up for days at a time...

I loved 2004. Tiger/MVP/NBA Live and Madden controlled my life...Tiger 2005 was the best Tiger ever, as well.

beach tribe
04-06-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm in. Id love to get agame against you Mecca. It;s been along time since I've lost on-line. The only people I can remember losing to were cheesers, and in games where there was a gross mismatch in talent. I got ****ed out of the NC game this past season in the dynasty.(I'm back BTW guys)

I'm TN.

KCChiefs2010 is my gamertag.

OH!! and I'm renting this game first. If they destroyed this game the way they did Madden, there's no way i'm buying it. I'm not making that mistake again.