PDA

View Full Version : Football According to Trent Dilfer

the Talking Can
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
on nfl live, Josh McDaniels is "in love with........

Mark Sanchez"

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Great...:rolleyes:

speak24
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Let him at it...:whackit:rochambeau

doomy3
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Great...:rolleyes:

So, now that matters? McDaniels suddenly knows something about QBs? All I've read is how he was an idiot for thinking our QB was better than Cutler.

speak24
04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Wait till Pollard strikes again...

the Talking Can
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
dilfer thinks the donkos are trying to move up for sanchez

ncCHIEFfan
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I hope he gets what he wants...lol.. luv to see donkeys emplode

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
CoMo already jinxed it early.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I hope he gets what he wants...lol.. luv to see donkeys emplode

Wish for them to get a bunch of picks for Cutler then get Sanchez who is basically everything Cutler isn't...

Sounds smart to me.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Sanchez = the next Elway??

keg in kc
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
...Watch them (meaning the donkos - whether this story is legit or not) end up with sanchez and all the people giving mecca and dane shit for months will enjoy watching him kick our ass elway-style for the next 10 years as some kind of karmic kickback.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
If this really happens where they move Cutler for a shit load of picks and end up with Sanchez while we have Cassel this would have been one of my least favorite offseasons ever.

Just Passin' By
04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Well, if McDaniels really wants Sanchez, I can't imagine that he'd have any problem trading Cutler to Detroit for the #1 pick and probably another pick or player.

mlyonsd
04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
So, now that matters? McDaniels suddenly knows something about QBs? All I've read is how he was an idiot for thinking our QB was better than Cutler.LMAO

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
It won't be very funny in a couple years.

CoMoChief
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Good I hope they draft him. Ill send them a case of beer along with it.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Good I hope they draft him. Ill send them a case of beer along with it.

Considering your past predictions he'll end up going to 10 pro bowls and winning 4 bowls now.

Valiant
04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, if McDaniels really wants Sanchez, I can't imagine that he'd have any problem trading Cutler to Detroit for the #1 pick and probably another pick or player.

Shit if they want him that bad let them do a straight 1st for Cutler trade if they think he is that good.. Oh wait, Sanchez being can't miss is just a rumor spread by USC fans..

HolmeZz
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
If this really happens where they move Cutler for a shit load of picks and end up with Sanchez while we have Cassel this would have been one of my least favorite offseasons ever.

lol

The Donks implode, fire Shanahan and are forced to trade their franchise quarterback because their new coach was a dumbass.

We fire our awful head coach, fire our awful general manager, hire arguably the best personnel man in the business to run our franchise, and only give up a 2nd round pick for the quarterback Pioli is confident can lead this team for the foreseeable future.

You'd have a hard time dreaming a better offseason for the Chiefs. Quit your bitching, Mec. The contrarian schtick is played out.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Shit if they want him that bad let them do a straight 1st for Cutler trade if they think he is that good.. Oh wait, Sanchez being can't miss is just a rumor spread by USC fans..

Jesus some people have turned stupid lately.

He's a QB so he sucks, the Chiefs nation moniker.

Unless of course you trade for him, when they're actually in the draft they suck all of em.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
lol

The Donks implode, fire Shanahan and are forced to trade their franchise quarterback because their new coach was a dumbass.

We fire our awful head coach, fire our awful general manager, hire arguably the best personnel man in the business to run our franchise, and only give up a 2nd round pick for the quarterback Pioli is confident can lead this team for the foreseeable future.

You'd have a hard time dreaming a better offseason for the Chiefs. Quit your bitching, Mec.

Sorry Matt Cassel does not make me think we're going anywhere anytime soon.

ncCHIEFfan
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Once again, according to the Pather lovers around here, it looks like the trade between Cutler and Peppers will happen.....lol I cannot believe Mecca you are still all over Sanchez. I just don't see what you do in that kid. I hope the Donks get him so we can watch his career closely.

AustinChief
I am on record as not being excited about Sanchez due to his lack of experience.... BUT if it comes out that the Broncos REALLY REALLY want him, I am all for drafting him at #3.

After seeing Stafford's new numbers... I am warming up to him (but he'll be long gone by #3) AND with Cassel here, taking Sanchez and letting him sit and learn for a year or two makes sense as well.

In the end, anything that screws the Broncos and doesn't absolutely kill us... is a good thing.

HolmeZz
Sorry Matt Cassel does not make me think we're going anywhere anytime soon.

Yes, you clearly have a better idea of what makes a successful NFL quarterback than Scott Pioli.

There's ridiculously less evidence showing that Sanchez can be a top quarterback in this league than there is Cassel. That's not even factoring in the draft selection + money that would have to be invested in a much less proven commodity, nor is it factoring in that Sanchez is not an elite prospect. His stock is aided because it's a pretty terrible QB class.

ncCHIEFfan
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Well actually the trade rumor was on the local news

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
And there it is..."How dare you question Pioli!"

That should be the name of our forum now.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I am on record as not being excited about Sanchez due to his lack of experience.... BUT if it comes out that the Broncos REALLY REALLY want him, I am all for drafting him at #3.

After seeing Stafford's new numbers... I am warming up to him (but he'll be long gone by #3) AND with Cassel here, taking Sanchez and letting him sit and learn for a year or two makes sense as well.

In the end, anything that screws the Broncos and doesn't absolutely kill us... is a good thing.

I agree.

HolmeZz
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM

We didn't just trade a 2nd rounder for Cassel so he could keep a rookie's seat warm. Jesus fucking Christ, people.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Well actually the trade rumor was on the local news

What is the actual rumor? Cutler for Peppers straight up? Or are there draft picks involved too? I can't see the Broncos trading Cutler for Peppers straight up without a QB in the fold...

SBK
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM

The only people that make any sense taking at 3 are QB's. My hope is that we take one. :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-01-2009, 06:02 PM
And with the 3rd pick of the 2009 NFL draft the Chiefs pick Mark Sanchez....

Denvers plan thus destroyed again !

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:02 PM
We didn't just trade a 2nd rounder for Cassel so he could keep a rookie's seat warm. Jesus fucking Christ, people.

It'll be fun having an average QB we can't win anything with for the 24th time.

notorious
04-01-2009, 06:03 PM

I got attacked for saying something similar a month ago. Saying something that doesn't back Pioli 100% here is like spitting on a Qu'Ran in an insurgent camp in Iraq.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Mike Mayock just stated on NFL Network that Sanchez is the "SAFEST" pick of the 3 first QB's !

doomy3

Do you have your responses on autorepeat?

Mecca
I got attacked for saying something similar a month ago. Saying something that doesn't back Pioli 100% here is like spitting on a Qu'Ran in an insurgent camp in Iraq.

It's really fuckin annoying.

AustinChief
04-01-2009, 06:05 PM

I am not AT ALL saying it is the best situation.... but as I said, screwing the Broncos is worth it...

On a side note, how did that whole 2nd rounder holding down the fort for a 1st rounder thing work for San Diego?

ncCHIEFfan
04-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Your luv for Sanchez, Mecca is crazy...what do you like about him? It must be his eyes, lips or something. It can't be his game

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I am not AT ALL saying it is the best situation.... but as I said, screwing the Broncos is worth it...

On a side note, how did that whole 2nd rounder holding down the fort for a 1st rounder thing work for San Diego?

Don't bring that up, people here hate Phillip Rivers.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM

Well, pretty good. But they probably would be better if they would have stuck with the second rounder.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I would LOVE a Sanchez pick at #3, everything we've shown says we won't draft a QB . Hopefully smokescreen.

philfree
04-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Mike Mayock just stated on NFL Network that Sanchez is the "SAFEST" pick of the 3 first QB's !

He just flew up the draft boards with his pro day. Hopefuly that will create a nice trade scenario for the Chiefs.

PhilFree:arrow:

Valiant
04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Jesus some people have turned stupid lately.

He's a QB so he sucks, the Chiefs nation moniker.

Unless of course you trade for him, when they're actually in the draft they suck all of em.

And the same goes for you pimping him constantly when he has proven jack shit..

You keep throwing up this made up moniker that chief fans hate QB's, no we just don't like bad deals or overhyped QB's that you ASSUME are amazing..

By your mantra you draft a QB in the first round every year..

Sanchez = Alex Smith in the NFL..

Just Passin' By

So your computer doesn't allow you to read the rest of the guy's post, or what?

There's ridiculously less evidence showing that Sanchez can be a top quarterback in this league than there is Cassel. That's not even factoring in the draft selection + money that would have to be invested in a much less proven commodity, nor is it factoring in that Sanchez is not an elite prospect. His stock is aided because it's a pretty terrible QB class.

That part of his post doesn't seem to be revolving around Pioli.

InChiefsHeaven
How do the Sanchez lovers know with such certainty that a college drafted quarterback is going to be so much better than a QB that has actually demonstrated ability in the NFL and has a ton of up-swing? Seriously, it's not like Cassel is an unknown quantity, whereas Sanchez IS...

...whatever. Bring on the draft. It'll be entertaining.

AustinChief
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, pretty good. But they probably would be better if they would have stuck with the second rounder.

Yep, but that is a great problem to have. hmm, do I hold onto the probowl 2nd rounder or probowl 1st rounder...

If we end up in that situation, you trade Cassel after a few years and get serious value and still have a QBOTF...

Again, not ideal, but if it screws the Broncos, I am fully behind it.

Valiant
04-01-2009, 06:13 PM

And you think Sanchez is not average?? I will not argue against Cassell being a product of NE system and players, but guess what so is ****ing Sanchez..

You need to get the USC teet out of your mouth and come up for air once in a while..

DaneMcCloud
04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
And with the 3rd pick of the 2009 NFL draft the Chiefs pick Mark Sanchez....

Denvers plan thus destroyed again !

I said this yesterday: The Chiefs should draft Sanchez or Stafford with the 3rd pick (if they're available) and hold them for ransom.

Or trade Cassel.

Take your pick.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
And the same goes for you pimping him constantly when he has proven jack shit..

You keep throwing up this made up moniker that chief fans hate QB's, no we just don't like bad deals or overhyped QB's that you ASSUME are amazing..

By your mantra you draft a QB in the first round every year..

Sanchez = Alex Smith in the NFL..

Sanchez has nothing in common with Alex Smith, do you watch college football or just pretend that you do.

And then some wonder why I'm condescending.

HolmeZz
04-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Question him all you want. Pretending you have a better idea of how to put together a good football team and throwing a 'THIS IS THE WORST OFFSEASON EVER' shitfit makes you look like nothing short of a retard though. I have trouble even seeing how any objective person could think the Broncos and their organization are in a better spot than us right now.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:15 PM
And you think Sanchez is not average?? I will not argue against Cassell being a product of NE system and players, but guess what so if fucking Sanchez..

You need to get the USC teet out of your mouth and come up for air once in a while..

Yep I just pimp USC players that's all I do uh huh, no real logical fact in that argument it's just a fun one to make against me.

SBK
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I said this yesterday: The Chiefs should draft Sanchez or Stafford with the 3rd pick (if they're available) and hold them for ransom.

Or trade Cassel.

Take your pick.

This. But trade Cassel. o:-)

Saul Good
04-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Yep I just pimp USC players that's all I do uh huh, no real logical fact in that argument it's just a fun one to make against me.

Sanchez carried that team. If USC didn't have a terrible defense, USC would have won the National Championship.

Only a superstar could make a team as bereft of talent as USC look good.

HolmeZz
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Would love to know how you know that Cassel is average and Sanchez is a superstar worth throwing a shitfit over.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Sanchez carried that team. If USC didn't have a terrible defense, USC would have won the National Championship.

Only a superstar could make a team as bereft of talent as USC look good.

Because I've made that argument right?

Fat Elvis
04-01-2009, 06:30 PM

Or trade Cassel.

Take your pick.

There are so many teams looking for QBs right now that drafting Sanchez (or Stafford) will make other teams overpay for one of them.

HolmeZz
04-01-2009, 06:31 PM

I have questions and reservations about Cassel in his own right, but acting like he's a worse risk/gamble at a 2nd rounder + a 1 year deal(as it stands now) than a Mark Sanchez(top 3-10 pick + big money and years) is beyond comprehension.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I have questions and reservations about Cassel in his own right, but acting like he's a worse risk/gamble at a 2nd rounder + a 1 year deal(as it stands now) than a Mark Sanchez(top 3-10 pick + big money and years) is beyond comprehension.

Sorry that I like Mark Sanchez, I don't sit around with the big fear cap on going 'OMG the franchise might be ruined!"

Matt Cassel I don't personally believe is good enough, I thought that before the Chiefs made the move I'm not changing that view. I'd have rather rode with Stafford or Sanchez than him.

Saul Good
04-01-2009, 06:36 PM

No. You haven't really made any argument other than to say that he's great and anyone who disagrees hates drafting QBs.

He's below average height for an NFL QB.
His arm strength is average at best for an NFL QB.
His Wonderlic was average for an NFL QB.
He has the least amount of experience of any QB ever considered to be a top pick.
He played on a team that outclassed the rest of the country in terms of talent, and he didn't win a championship.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of reasons to like the guy, but there are a lot of legitimate reasons to question him, too.

Saul Good
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Sorry that I like Mark Sanchez, I don't sit around with the big fear cap on going 'OMG the franchise might be ruined!"

Matt Cassel I don't personally believe is good enough, I thought that before the Chiefs made the move I'm not changing that view. I'd have rather rode with Stafford or Sanchez than him.

Would you have been willing to trade our first and second round picks for the right to draft either of them?

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM

i dont think you have actually watched him play much

HolmeZz
04-01-2009, 06:39 PM

I don't care whether you like Sanchez. Throwing a shitfit at the notion of the Chiefs spending a 2nd rounder on Cassel instead of a high 1st on a Sanchez and calling this (potentially) the worst offseason in a long time is retarded beyond words and something you can't possibly believe.

Titty Meat
Mecca knows all about winning thats why he's a cashier at McDonalds.

doomy3

Sure you do.

You have already done that a couple times in this thread.

kcxiv
04-01-2009, 06:40 PM

So no one can question your scouting knowledge? lol I think what people are getting at, is they rather trust his word over your word. This is what he gets paid alot of money to do. Why shouldnt they trust him? he hasnt given the fans a reason not to yet.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Billay is here with his almighty knowledge...love the remark though you know it's really original.

Titty Meat
04-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Mecca has won more super bowls on madden then Pioli has won IRL. So Mecca is the better GM. Who can argue with his 55,000 posts?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:42 PM
So no one can question your scouting knowledge? lol I think what people are getting at, is they rather trust his word over your word. This is what he gets paid alot of money to do. Why shouldnt they trust him? he hasnt given the fans a reason not to yet.

If you don't agree with something you should question it regardless, this whole idea of "just fall in line" really gets on my nerves.

Valiant
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Sanchez has nothing in common with Alex Smith, do you watch college football or just pretend that you do.

And then some wonder why I'm condescending.

I have notice you often deflect arguments against you or change the argument completely in your reply because either you do not how to respond or too arrogant to answer..

Nothing in Sanchez profile shows that he will transition very easy or at all into stud QB.. Just like how Smith did in the NFL..

Lets look at Sanchez:

Played very few games in college..
Played on a stacked team against weak SOS..
Coach told him he is not ready..
Only coming out because very few elite players are so making his value rise into a bigger payday then he would have gotten had he stayed..

He did not play against enough quality talent to determine his true ability in the NFL.. He will not be playing against inferior teams week in and week out unless you can convince the NFL to just schedule the lions every week..

Titty Meat
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Billay is here with his almighty knowledge...love the remark though you know it's really original.

It's funny cause it's true

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:44 PM
If you don't agree with something you should question it regardless, this whole idea of "just fall in line" really gets on my nerves.

thats why you are in the spot in life you are

SBK
One thing this off-season has proved is that Mecca has groupies. Only his groupies don't want to bang him, they want to call him stupid.

Saul Good

Ripping on someone for his job is seriously lame.

Titty Meat
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Mecca is a great scout. He even said USC has no talent

Saul Good
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
thats why you are in the spot in life you are

What is that supposed to mean?

Titty Meat
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
"One thing this off-season has proved is that Mecca has groupies. Only his groupies don't want to bang him, they want to call him stupid."

Instead of a tour bus Meccas groupies get together in his white van.

Valiant
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
So your computer doesn't allow you to read the rest of the guy's post, or what?

That part of his post doesn't seem to be revolving around Pioli.

That is funny you posted this.. I just notice he does that also.. I guess it allows him to have a more convincing argument in his head..

SBK
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
"One thing this off-season has proved is that Mecca has groupies. Only his groupies don't want to bang him, they want to call him stupid."

Instead of a tour bus Meccas groupies get together in his white van.

What are you talking about?

It gets old watching Mecca say something then all his whiney bitches come out and tell him how stupid he is. Happens every time he talks.

It's the same with Denise over in the DC forum.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I have notice you often deflect arguments against you or change the argument completely in your reply because either you do not how to respond or too arrogant to answer..

Nothing in Sanchez profile shows that he will transition very easy or at all into stud QB.. Just like how Smith did in the NFL..

Lets look at Sanchez:

Played very few games in college..
Played on a stacked team against weak SOS..
Coach told him he is not ready..
Only coming out because very few elite players are so making his value rise into a bigger payday then he would have gotten had he stayed..

He did not play against enough quality talent to determine his true ability in the NFL.. He will not be playing against inferior teams week in and week out unless you can convince the NFL to just schedule the lions every week..

I've covered this shit 1000 times I'm sorry that people can't take the time to read it.

But lets be frank here, the USC offense is not stacked, tell me who suits up on the USC offense is an elite caliber playmaker? Seriously I dare you...

The Pac 10 is not strong yet they scheduled a good non con Sanchez 2 best games came against the 2 best defenses he faced and in their biggest games...

The Carroll thing has been covered a million times, I'm sorry you failed to read it or understand it so I'm not addressing it again.

And the last comment is pure fucking bunk if Sanchez goes back he has a good chance to be the 1st player picked next year because he's the only QB that isn't a spread monkey.

And never compare him to Alex Smith who not only was a spread monkey but was an Urban Meyer spread monkey which is even worse.

Valiant

To a point yes, but it allows you to see into a persons motivations somewhat..

That and he would not be ripped on all the time if he were not 99% of time "I am right and you are wrong" mentality..

Just Passin' By

I couldn't agree more.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM

just what i said, and mecca started bashing me for being a mechanic(actually i own the fucking place) but to explain: someone who questions authority doesnt usually do too well in life(well unless you own the fucking place)

Titty Meat
What are you talking about?

It gets old watching Mecca say something then all his whiney bitches come out and tell him how stupid he is. Happens every time he talks.

It's the same with Denise over in the DC forum.

My point is as soon as you posted that the next post was some smurf account whining cause people are being mean to Mecca even though he's mean to everyone else.

Mecca

It's basically what every argument becomes the posters that don't like me would rather personally talk shit to me than support their arguments.

Valiant
04-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I've covered this shit 1000 times I'm sorry that people can't take the time to read it.

But lets be frank here, the USC offense is not stacked, tell me who suits up on the USC offense is an elite caliber playmaker? Seriously I dare you...

The Pac 10 is not strong yet they scheduled a good non con Sanchez 2 best games came against the 2 best defenses he faced and in their biggest games...

The Carroll thing has been covered a million times, I'm sorry you failed to read it or understand it so I'm not addressing it again.

And the last comment is pure ****ing bunk if Sanchez goes back he has a good chance to be the 1st player picked next year because he's the only QB that isn't a spread monkey.

And never compare him to Alex Smith who not only was a spread monkey but was an Urban Meyer spread monkey which is even worse.

Hate to tell you but a lot of NFL teams will be going spread.. Shit there was an article a few months ago stating that a lot of teams like the spread and what it offers..

And you are an idiot if you think USC is not stacked with talent.. Is that your defense in the argument that you don't believe they have talent??

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:51 PM
just what i said, and mecca started bashing me for being a mechanic(actually i own the fucking place) but to explain: someone who questions authority doesnt usually do too well in life(well unless you own the fucking place)

I bash on you because I think you're a fucking retard, I gave you ample time to prove that you weren't, didn't happen.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Hate to tell you but a lot of NFL teams will be going spread.. Shit there was an article a few months ago stating that a lot of teams like the spread and what it offers..

And you are an idiot if you think USC is not stacked with talent.. Is that your defense in the argument that you don't believe they have talent??

Who on the USC offense that Mark Sanchez played with is a 1st round pick..go right ahead.

Oh and one of those guys who think spread Qb's will fair well in the NFL, that's all I need to know about your QB rating skills. This idea that the NFL will ever employ the college spread is nothing but hilarity.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM

please dont use OSU please you and most here were smart enough to know just how overrated they were, you stated that MANY times before the game yet now you use it like they were GREAT. and wasnt wells hurt and not play? and wasnt that their young qb's 1 st game?

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:53 PM
It's basically what every argument becomes the posters that don't like me would rather personally talk shit to me than support their arguments.

bullshit go back today YOU started with the bashing not me

Mecca
What do Ohio States offensive players have to do with how well Sanchez played against their defense that is full of NFL players?

DaWolf
So, basically, McDaniel wants a blank slate of a QB that he can mold, since he didn't manage to get his original blank slate of a QB that he had already molded...

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I bash on you because I think you're a fucking retard, I gave you ample time to prove that you weren't, didn't happen.

i think you are a self absorbed know it all that uses the internet to act like you are something you arent.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
i think you are a self absorbed know it all that uses the internet to act like you are something you arent.

If you think I talk to people any different in life that I do on here...if you say something I find stupid and do it consistently I will talk to you like you are a moron.

People who think I'm condescending to them earned that right to be spoken to that way. That's my opinion.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
What do Ohio States offensive players have to do with how well Sanchez played against their defense that is full of NFL players?

did you not say how overrated they were? and the offense being better in the game would have helped the defense

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
If you think I talk to people any different in life that I do on here...if you say something I find stupid and do it consistently I will talk to you like you are a moron.

People who think I'm condescending to them earned that right to be spoken to that way. That's my opinion.

i call bullshit if you talked that way in real life people would be bashing in your face

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
They are overrated by people who think they're a National Title team but they aren't some horrid fuckstick team.

They are a defense loaded with NFL players that played with Texas who everyone was jizzing over going into that game.

Defensively they're a good test for most teams, offensively not so much as their playcalling and gameplans are pretty bland.

Titty Meat

Is that why you work at McDonalds?

Mecca
i call bullshit if you talked that way in real life people would be bashing in your face

Nope they don't because in life you can't just walk around punching people because you don't like what they say.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Is that why you work at McDonalds?

I think is is pretty funny how you think you have any idea what I do Billay, nice retard name by the way.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Nope they don't because in life you can't just walk around punching people because you don't like what they say.

ROFL it's not about liking it it's about how you act. and i would beg to differ on your opinion on this

Titty Meat
04-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I think is is pretty funny how you think you have any idea what I do Billay, nice retard name by the way.

It's pretty obvious that your a loser. Who else would act like a self righteous prick on a internet message board?

Mecca
ROFL it's not about liking it it's about how you act. and i would beg to differ on your opinion on this

Now I'm going to get a really funny post about how Jason would kick my ass in life if I talked that way to him, like I should shake in my shoes or something like that.

Mecca
It's pretty obvious that your a loser. Who else would act like a self righteous prick on a internet message board?

What exactly is it you're doing?

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Now I'm going to get a really funny post about how Jason would kick my ass in life if I talked that way to him, like I should shake in my shoes or something like that.

did i say that? no dont make shit up. IMO a man wouldnt let someone talk to them the way you do. it's a pride thing. but you probably dont run into many real men so you dont have to worry about that

Mecca
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Why do you always post about being a real man that's about the 10th time now, do you have some kind of personal issue?

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Why do you always post about being a real man that's about the 10th time now, do you have some kind of personal issue?

no issue here i know what i am. pretty secure in that. i know that a guy who goes out and makes a place for himself and takes care of his family with no help is a real man, also if you walked in my shoes as a youngster you would know what i'm all about. i liked mohillbilly's qoute about if you walk it talk it and live it it aint braggin(sorry mo i probably butchered that but i think i got the gist right:p)

DeezNutz
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
someone who questions authority doesnt usually do too well in life(well unless you own the ****ing place)

Actually, I think it's just the opposite.

Moobs
04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd cream my pants if we were able to land Sanchez.

Then again I wanted Leinart over Cuter in '06, so my draft analysis is about as worthwhile as Mel Kiper's.

notorious
04-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I'd cream my pants if we were able to land Sanchez.

Then again I wanted Leinart over Cuter in '06, so my draft analysis is about as worthwhile as Mel Kiper's.

Good to see that someone is willing to admit that they aren't amazing draft wizards.

Brock
04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
So Mecca now thinks Sanchez is better than Cutler?

Pioli Zombie
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Sanchez is better than Manning and Brady put together
Posted via Mobile Device

KCwolf
04-01-2009, 08:43 PM

and Cassel....

and this will be the worst off-season evah if Sanchez goes to Dungver.....

and don't EVEN get started with the draft.......skilled positional player or bust.

and Curry would be the worst pick any team could ever make @ #3 .......

the hits keep comin'.....

notorious
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
It's all entertaining. Even if this team goes 16-0 and win the Super Bowl 56-0 there will still be a person complaining about something.

KcFanInGA
04-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Sanchez is better than Manning and Brady put together
Posted via Mobile Device

Really?

Suck My Balls
04-01-2009, 11:33 PM

And the last comment is pure ****ing bunk if Sanchez goes back he has a good chance to be the 1st player picked next year because he's the only QB that isn't a spread monkey.

Dude, you knew this was coming. Murphy's Law loves Kansas City like Doomy ball-washes Matt Cassel; regularly and often.
I'm just sorry that MY team will potentially be ass-raped regularly due to the idiocy and support of True Fan cat-shit eaters.

Okay Mr. Fucking Brock who hoped I wouldn't come back( but here I am, fuck you very much), won't you please take a moment from your precious evening to explain to ALL OF US why that bowl-headed, bong-pulling douchebag who hasn't done or won SHIT is the greatest QB to be feared since John Elway?

Please; I've been waiting to hear this for months.

Bugeater
04-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice username, Darth.

SBK
04-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Suck My Balls is a great name.

SBK
04-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Nice username, Darth.

Did he get banned? LMAO

Mecca
04-01-2009, 11:37 PM
I like how Darth got banned when he doesn't bother me half as much as some of these other dumbasses do.

Bugeater
04-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I like how Darth got banned when he doesn't bother me half as much as some of these other dumbasses do.
Oh please, your little minion didn't get banned because he was bothering anyone.

Suck My Balls
04-01-2009, 11:42 PM

Nice to see you again my brother!

Let's just lay this out right now:

Will DCS/SMB stay within the boundaries of the rules? Yes.

Will DCS/SMB behave? Not a fucking chance.

And please, feel free to neg-rep the shit out of me, because I do not give a fuck. This is no longer business; it's personal.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Dude, you knew this was coming. Murphy's Law loves Kansas City like Doomy ball-washes Matt Cassel; regularly and often.
I'm just sorry that MY team will potentially be ass-raped regularly due to the idiocy and support of True Fan cat-shit eaters.

Okay Mr. ****ing Brock who hoped I wouldn't come back( but here I am, **** you very much), won't you please take a moment from your precious evening to explain to ALL OF US why that bowl-headed, bong-pulling douchebag who hasn't done or won SHIT is the greatest QB to be feared since John Elway?

Fuck.

SBK
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
LMAO

We have a Claythan JR.

Bugeater
04-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Will DCS/SMB behave? Not a ****ing chance.

And please, feel free to neg-rep the shit out of me, because I do not give a ****. This is no longer business; it's personal.

:rolleyes:

http://ramblingrhodes.mu.nu/archives/internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Mecca
04-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Oh please, your little minion didn't get banned because he was bothering anyone.

And here we go again, why do people think I have minions?

I do have a few people that follow me around the forum to basically disagree with anything I said because I said it though.

Bugeater
04-01-2009, 11:46 PM

I do have a few people that follow me around the forum to basically disagree with anything I said because I said it though.
Oh, so you don't enjoy having DCS attached to your nutsack?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh, so you don't enjoy having DCS attached to your nutsack?

LOL...he can think whatever he wants I don't care.

I get more annoyed that the same thing 3 things happen constantly, Anyone who agrees with me is my minion, anyone who doesn't will follow me around the forum to disagree with whatever I say, and somehow some USC comment will be made.

SBK
04-01-2009, 11:50 PM

When Claythan told you that your hair wasn't sexy, that was funny. Watching everyone trip all over themselves to call you an idiot is getting really old.

LMAO

Bugeater
04-01-2009, 11:54 PM

I get more annoyed that the same thing 3 things happen constantly, Anyone who agrees with me is my minion, anyone who doesn't will follow me around the forum to disagree with whatever I say, and somehow some USC comment will be made.
Eh, the minion thing was more a slam at DCS than you, it's not your fault he follows you around like a puppy dog regurgitating everything you say in the most annoying manner possible. And fuck USC.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 11:55 PM
When Claythan told you that your hair wasn't sexy, that was funny. Watching everyone trip all over themselves to call you an idiot is getting really old.

LMAO

I'm really a pretty light hearted person, that has a good sense of humor. But of course I'm not going to be like that with people I don't like so then people that call me idiot all the time wonder why I come off arrogant and condescending to them...gee I wonder.

SBK
04-02-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm really a pretty light hearted person, that has a good sense of humor. But of course I'm not going to be like that with people I don't like so then people that call me idiot all the time wonder why I come off arrogant and condescending to them...gee I wonder.

Yeah, I've never understood the hate you get. I understood why Denise got it, and other people over in the DC forum. After being here for awhile though, I don't understand why people get so wrapped up in someone on here.

I'm sure I've just been labeled your buttboy now. :D

Suck My Balls
04-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Fuck.

Mmm, that's right; savor the salty, vinegary goodness of MY BALLS.

Oh yeah, work it just like that. Ouch! Watch the teeth, Douchey! :cuss:

Suck My Balls
04-02-2009, 12:11 AM

USC RULES! If you'll recall, I was on the complete opposite end of the spectrum philosophy-wise from you when I first came here. And I threw the same arguments at you, Hamas, Rust Shack, and Brock as everyone else does.
I didn't change my outlook because I was browbeaten in to it, I changed because your points were valid, and because the tape doesn't lie.

I mean think about it; I had thrown the full weight of my support behind a horrible QB who managed to be handed ONE GAME.

That's insanity.

DrRyan
04-02-2009, 12:30 AM
They are a defense loaded with NFL players that played with Texas who everyone was jizzing over going into that game.

Defensively they're a good test for most teams, offensively not so much as their playcalling and gameplans are pretty bland.

Loaded with NFL players? Laurinaitis, yes he is likely to be a very good player. Jenkins, who knows with him. Right now the question of will he play CB or Safety is an issue. His 4.52 40 time at the pro day will not help the CB argument. Marcus Freeman, likely a 2nd/3rd rounder and may be a good player but it is equally as likely he is not. Donald Washington, some have him going as high as the late second while other not even in the first five rounds.

It looks to me that you have one defensive player who is very likely to have a good NFL career in Laurinaitis. Jenkins could also be in that category as well, but I am guessing he is no longer in your top 5 players list. Other than that it is a toss up, will Freeman and Washington be contributors on three downs or more on special teams.

I count four players who will likely be drafted in the first 4 rounds give or take, two of them going in the first. But, calling OSU's defense loaded with NFL talent is a bit off base.

Mecca
04-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Malcolm Jenkins was the best corner in college football this past year...

We're talking college here where most teams are lucky to have 1 or 2 NFL players let alone more than half of the defense.

I guess that "loaded USC team" isn't that loaded either since only a couple of them are 1st rounders and none of them are top 10's right? Outside of Sanchez who everyone sid benefited from what was around him when there isn't even another 1st rounder on that offense.

Rigodan
04-02-2009, 01:14 AM

I feel for you Mecca. We've been over the arguments about Sanchez, Stafford, and other guys a million times but noobs keep popping everywhere to go over the same stupidass arguments, half of which are uninformed. And if anyone calls me one of your minions for this post, go fuck yourself.

Kerberos
04-02-2009, 05:29 AM

Is it just me Mecca or do you argue/fight with just about everyone on ChiefsPlanet?

King_Chief_Fan
04-02-2009, 06:31 AM

being your minion would mean that they have low self esteem, no opinion of their own and are trying to be liked by the Cheifs Board hard ass.

I agree with you sometimes but most times not. I can live with that as I am sure you can

BigRedChief
04-02-2009, 06:37 AM
And now we know why Pioli passed on him as our head coach.

rad
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Mecca

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NmPu5NvXQlU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NmPu5NvXQlU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rausch
04-02-2009, 07:20 AM
LMAO

We have a Claythan JR.

Never, EH-VAR say that again...:shake:

The Bad Guy
04-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Mecca,

You know what annoys me?

How you can never, ever answer the question I posted in the draft forum about if Curry is such a reach, who do you take in the top 5 if you're not taking a QB or OT?

Kerberos
04-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Mecca,

You know what annoys me?

How you can never, ever answer the question I posted in the draft forum about if Curry is such a reach, who do you take in the top 5 if you're not taking a QB or OT?

Chances are you will never get a straight answer.

"Everyone on this board is wrong and I am always right" so get used to it! /Mecca

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-02-2009, 07:54 AM

Or trade Cassel.

Take your pick.

Yes. Excellent idea !

EyePod
04-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Wow, the Chiefs are finally set. If Denver gets their hands on Sanchez, that's awesome. He doesn't have a good veteran to mentor him (unless you count Chris Simms). I love that we will have to play against this up-jumped QB maybe as soon as next year in Denver. And, they'll compare him straight up with Cutler! YES!!!!

Brock
04-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Okay Mr. ****ing Brock who hoped I wouldn't come back( but here I am, **** you very much), won't you please take a moment from your precious evening to explain to ALL OF US why that bowl-headed, bong-pulling douchebag who hasn't done or won SHIT is the greatest QB to be feared since John Elway?

Welcome back, tard. I think you need to re-read the question I asked and then rethink what you're asking me.

"So Mecca now thinks that Sanchez is better than Cutler?"

How you get where you're coming from with your above rant I have no idea, but it must have something to do with having shit for brains.

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Wow, the Chiefs are finally set. If Denver gets their hands on Sanchez, that's awesome. He doesn't have a good veteran to mentor him (unless you count Chris Simms). I love that we will have to play against this up-jumped QB maybe as soon as next year in Denver. And, they'll compare him straight up with Cutler! YES!!!!

I'd rather not see Sanchez in Denver. He's going to be a very good QB and Josh McDaniels is no slouch when it comes to teaching them.

Suck My Balls
04-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Wow, I'm a complete fucking moron! Wow! Yes!!!

Welcome back, tard. I think you need to re-read the question I asked and then rethink what you're asking me.

"So Mecca now thinks that Sanchez is better than Cutler?"

How you get where you're coming from with your above rant I have no idea, but it must have something to do with having shit for brains.

I read it the way you posted it. You, and a small handful of others believe that Cutler is legit. So again I ask, what makes this guy deserving of the "I'd take him over Cassel any day" mantra?

I'd rather not see Sanchez in Denver. He's going to be a very good QB and Josh McDaniels is no slouch when it comes to teaching them.

Exactly. I'm emailing you a copy of "How to make the wall understand; a guide to communicating with idiotic, inanimate objects".

You'll find it most useful here.

orange
04-02-2009, 09:07 AM
And now we know why Pioli passed on him as our head coach.

You mean the fact that McDaniels had been hired by the Broncos weeks before Haley was hired by the Chiefs had nothing to do with that?

LMAOLMAO

DaWolf
04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
The rising interest in Sanchez and the Cutler drama could make this an interesting draft. It will be interesting watching teams trying to jockey to get in a spot ahead of the other to draft Sanchez if that's who they want. Could also increase our chances of finding a trade down partner...

Brock
04-02-2009, 09:19 AM
I read it the way you posted it. You, and a small handful of others believe that Cutler is legit. So again I ask, what makes this guy deserving of the "I'd take him over Cassel any day" mantra?

I guess if all else fails, lie. Dumbshit.

Reaper16
04-02-2009, 09:22 AM
It would be monumentally hilarious to see the Donks trade Cutler only to see the Chiefs draft Sanchez at #3. Bronco nation would lose thier shit a hundred times over.

bowener
04-02-2009, 10:22 AM
It would be monumentally hilarious to see the Donks trade Cutler only to see the Chiefs draft Sanchez at #3. Bronco nation would lose thier shit a hundred times over.

And that is when we offer Matt Cassel for the highest ransom ever. What other choice would the Broncos have? I honestly would not be surprised by that move (yes they could draft Stafford).

Let's say they give Cutler up to Detroit for their #20, #33, and probably something next year too. It would be pretty clear what their intentions on drafting would be. That would leave the Broncos needing to possibly draft before Seattle at #4.

What I really honestly hope is that McDaniels and Co. neglect to think that Pioli would draft Sanchez at #3. Then I pray that we do draft him. Worst case scenario would be that the Broncos end up with Stafford (Cutler Jr?) some how, and we have 2 quality QB's, one of which can be traded during the draft to a team like the Bucs, or Jets for the right price.

DeezNutz
04-02-2009, 10:31 AM
The rise of Sanchez's draft stock?

But...I don't understand...Carroll said he wasn't ready. And I trust him and Tony G. completely when evaluating QB's.

I'm going to bet that Sanchez hasn't moved very much on NFL draft boards, even though folks like Kiper might feel compelled to service him more frequently. Dude was, is, and will remain one of the top talents in the class, period.

DaWolf
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
While screwing the Donx again sounds good, I'd prefer to focus on getting an elite defensive player or offensive lineman as a cornerstone of this team. If we can do that while brokering a trade with, say, SF or SEA to move ahead of the Donx and get Sanchez, why not...

DeezNutz
04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
While screwing the Donx again sounds good, I'd prefer to focus on getting an elite defensive player or offensive lineman as a cornerstone of this team. If we can do that while brokering a trade with, say, SF or SEA to move ahead of the Donx and get Sanchez, why not...

I agree that an elite defensive player would be fantastic. But there is no need to worry about getting a cornerstone on the O-line because we already have one.

That said, getting a top quarterback to try to ensure that we have an elite player--either Cassell or Sanchez/Stafford--at the most important position on the field sure would be nice...

tboss27
04-02-2009, 10:55 AM
The rising interest in Sanchez and the Cutler drama could make this an interesting draft. It will be interesting watching teams trying to jockey to get in a spot ahead of the other to draft Sanchez if that's who they want. Could also increase our chances of finding a trade down partner...

I'll be disappointed now if we don't find someone to trade down with. Cutlergate is playing right into our hands IMO, I hope Denver really is in love w/ Cassel and someone wants to move ahead of Seattle to get him.

EyePod
04-02-2009, 10:58 AM

Exactly. I'm emailing you a copy of "How to make the wall understand; a guide to communicating with idiotic, inanimate objects".

You'll find it most useful here.

I'm not saying that Cutler is legit. I'm saying that I do want to see Sanchez in Denver. New NFL QB's have to have more playing time in college. He would be an anomaly if he came in and started right away, and played well. College experience is so important for an NFL QB, and Sanchez doesn't have any. I know that Cassel doesn't have that much experience either, but he's supplemented that with several years under a very good QB over in NE. Sanchez can be good in a few years under a good, veteran QB, but he's not going to be amazing if his veteran QB is motherfucking Chris Simms.

Coogs
04-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree that an elite defensive player would be fantastic. But there is no need to worry about getting a cornerstone on the O-line because we already have one.

That said, getting a top quarterback to try to ensure that we have an elite player--either Cassell or Sanchez/Stafford--at the most important position on the field sure would be nice...

:thumb: This!

Chief Faithful
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Yep, but that is a great problem to have. hmm, do I hold onto the probowl 2nd rounder or probowl 1st rounder...

If we end up in that situation, you trade Cassel after a few years and get serious value and still have a QBOTF...

Again, not ideal, but if it screws the Broncos, I am fully behind it.

If Sanchez is a bust Poili would have saved the Broncos.

buddha
04-02-2009, 11:54 AM
The Donks know how to screw themselves. They don't need our help. What we do know is that McDaniels REALLY wanted Cassell, Cassell responded well when called upon last year in real NFL action (not the make believe version that some engage in). It's moronic to claim that Cassell was only effective due to the system he played, or because he had two very good receivers. There are plenty of QBs who would have failed in the same position.

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Yesterday PFT reported that 2 teams were not in attendance at USC's pro day - Texans and Broncos.

SBK
04-02-2009, 01:21 PM
If Sanchez is a bust Poili would have saved the Broncos.

And if he was a superstar he would have screwed em. :D

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 01:23 PM

We already have the offensive line cornerstone of this team.

Jethopper
04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
This is awsome! Best offseason ever! The broncos get screwed for the next five years (sanchez).

rad
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM

Maybe that's because the criteria for being banned has nothing to do with who bothers YOU, you self-absorbed assclown.

Oh, and check out SI, your #3 pick showed up at the combine higher than a giraffe's ass.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/02/raji/index.html

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Yesterday PFT reported that 2 teams were not in attendance at USC's pro day - Texans and Broncos.

Not sure that means anything.

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 02:49 PM

If Denver didn't send anyone to the workout why didn't the story break earlier about the Broncos being in love with Sanchez?

DeezNutz
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Denver was all over Cutler's jock before his selection. EVERYONE knew that he was going to land in Colorado.

Wait...

orange
04-02-2009, 02:57 PM

If Denver didn't send anyone to the workout why didn't the story break earlier about the Broncos being in love with Sanchez?

Denver was all over Cutler's jock before his selection. EVERYONE knew that he was going to land in Colorado.

Wait...

Whatever they think about Sanchez...

My money's on Brady Quinn. It just makes too much sense for both teams.

Brock
04-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Whatever they think about Sanchez...

My money's on Brady Quinn. It just makes too much sense for both teams.

Why does it make sense for the Browns?

orange
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM

+ Because their coach doesn't like either of their QBs.

+ If they get Cutler, Quinn is just an expensive white elephant sitting at third string.

+ Cutler is almost as much a local hero as Quinn.

DeezNutz
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM

It would if Mangina thinks Quinn sucks ass.

orange
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
+ Because their coach doesn't like either of their QBs.

+ If they get Cutler, Quinn is just an expensive white elephant sitting at third string.

+ Cutler is almost as much a local hero as Quinn.

It would if Mangina thinks Quinn sucks ass.

Even if Cleveland doesn't want Cutler, they could be the pivot in a three-way deal as well. They need to make a commitment to Quinn or move him... roster bonuses etc. are coming up.

Mecca
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Mecca,

You know what annoys me?

You know what I like more, when you try to pigeonhole me into this corner just to say "uh yea go with Curry"

I made it as clear as possible that I thought the Chiefs should be drafting a QB, it's not my problem Scott Pioli fucked that all up.

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Well, according to most the Chiefs are in love with Curry, yet they didn't attend his Pro Day either.

Like I said, I doubt it means much of anything.

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, according to most the Chiefs are in love with Curry, yet they didn't attend his Pro Day either.

Like I said, I doubt it means much of anything.

What's your source for KC not attending Curry's workout?

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
You know what I like more, when you try to pigeonhole me into this corner just to say "uh yea go with Curry"

I made it as clear as possible that I thought the Chiefs should be drafting a QB, it's not my problem Scott Pioli ****ed that all up.

Why are you a Chiefs fan? You seem to be a guy that's under 30. Most of your life you've been around Peterson and Marty, Gun, Vermeil and Edwards. For as long as I can recall, you didn't like any of those guys. Now you get a new GM and new head coach and you don't like any of those guys either. Why root for a team whose GM and coaches you've despised since you followed them? Why not just follow Sanchez wherever he goes? You could also sack up and say who you'd like to draft at #3.

Mecca
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I'll take Mark Sanchez.

Nightfyre
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I'll take Mark Sanchez.

+1

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
What's your source for KC not attending Curry's workout?

My bad, they were at Wake Forest.

Mecca
04-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I wonder if they attended USC's pro day...I remember last year when Pete Carroll basically called Tim Krumrie a retard.

OnTheWarpath15
04-02-2009, 05:59 PM
My bad, they were at Wake Forest.

There was a few posts floating around that Haley and/or Pioli were not in attendance. That was likely what you were thinking of.

htismaqe
04-02-2009, 06:07 PM
There was a few posts floating around that Haley and/or Pioli were not in attendance. That was likely what you were thinking of.

Haley wasn't there, that's what it was. Not sure about Pioli though.

doomy3
04-02-2009, 06:09 PM
I wonder if they attended USC's pro day...I remember last year when Pete Carroll basically called Tim Krumrie a retard.

Really? I don't remember that. What was the reasoning? Pretty surprising since Herm and Co. were so high on Sedrick Ellis.

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Really? I don't remember that. What was the reasoning? Pretty surprising since Herm and Co. were so high on Sedrick Ellis.

Carroll didn't want Krumrie doing the slap test to his players because it was too hard on them.

Reaper16
04-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Carroll didn't want Krumrie doing the slap test to his players because it was too hard on them.
Seriously? You're going to defend Krumrie's slap drill?

rad
04-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll take Mark Sanchez.

So you want to tie up a first and second round pick from the same draft in QB.
Real smart.

Coogs
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
So you want to tie up a first and second round pick from the same draft in QB.
Real smart.

It could be very smart. Maybe the smartest thing the Chiefs have done in years. Hell, at one time the 49ers went out and got Steve Young when they had this other fellow on the roster that wasn't all that bad.

rad
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
It could be very smart. Maybe the smartest thing the Chiefs have done in years. Hell, at one time the 49ers went out and got Steve Young when they had this other fellow on the roster that wasn't all that bad.

Yeah the Bucs got a 2 and 4, 8 years after drafting Montana. Not the same thing.

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Seriously? You're going to defend Krumrie's slap drill?

I'm not defending anything, I'm just stating what happened.

Reaper16
04-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm not defending anything, I'm just stating what happened.
Well, your post was working rhetorically to defend it. When you're suggesting that the USC players weren't "tough enough" for the drill, you imply that the drill does test for toughness. Positing that the slap drill does positively test for anything is tantamount to defending it.

Coogs
04-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah the Bucs got a 2 and 4, 8 years after drafting Montana. Not the same thing.

True. But they had Montana, and it didn't stop them from going after Young. Some teams get it. You need the QB. yes you have to have the other pieces as well, but it all starts at QB.

What if Cassel turns out to be Scott Mitchell and Sanchez turns out to be Steve Young? Pretty much 1983 all over again IMO. I've been a fan for 42 years. I would like to make sure we have the QB spot nailed down for once. Then we can finish the team in the next couple of years. That's not asking for too much. I'm not saying Cassel can't be the guy. I just want to make sure the most important position on the team is done right for a change. I may not have another 42 years left. ;)

DeezNutz
04-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, your post was working rhetorically to defend it. When you're suggesting that the USC players weren't "tough enough" for the drill, you imply that the drill does test for toughness. Positing that the slap drill does positively test for anything is tantamount to defending it.

If you ever question the effectiveness of the hand slap again, you know what's going to happen:

http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/8943/0/Giant_Hand_Slap_Match.ashx

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM

I didn't suggest USC players weren't tough enough for it. The players didn't speak against it, Carroll did. It's a ball busting test that tests endurance. I don't think there is any correllation to how good a DT will be, but it may have some value to see how tired a guy gets if he can fight through it.

rad
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
True. But they had Montana, and it didn't stop them from going after Young. Some teams get it. You need the QB. yes you have to have the other pieces as well, but it all starts at QB.

What if Cassel turns out to be Scott Mitchell and Sanchez turns out to be Steve Young? Pretty much 1983 all over again IMO. I've been a fan for 42 years. I would like to make sure we have the QB spot nailed down for once. Then we can finish the team in the next couple of years. That's not asking for too much. I'm not saying Cassel can't be the guy. I just want to make sure the most important position on the team is done right for a change. I may not have another 42 years left. ;)

I don't presume to know more than the next fan, but with the events unfolding like they have this offseason, Pioli trading for Cassel after the combine, McD wanting him, etc......Maybe Cassel has it who knows. I don't think it's wise to invest a 1 and a 2 in one draft on QB, but if Sanchez or Stafford are Chiefs come April, I'll be excited about it.

Mojo Rising
04-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I didn't suggest USC players weren't tough enough for it. The players didn't speak against it, Carroll did. It's a ball busting test that tests endurance. I don't think there is any correllation to how good a DT will be, but it may have some value to see how tired a guy gets if he can fight through it.

That drill has not ID'd or ruled out 1 prospect that I have heard of. It is useless.

Carroll was smart to not allow it because it will show future recruits that he stands up for them and does everything he can to make them the best NFL prospects possible.

unothadeal
04-03-2009, 06:49 AM

Will DCS/SMB behave? Not a ****ing chance.

And please, feel free to neg-rep the shit out of me, because I do not give a ****. This is no longer business; it's personal.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2TE5cd5Z4y8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2TE5cd5Z4y8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>