PDA

View Full Version : News Ass clown Kietzman called out

buddha
04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.bottomlinecom.com/kcnews/badweekforkietzman.html

We all knew that KK was no journalist, but apparently he cares little about basic integrity. It's one thing to make bad predictions, but he can't get simple facts straight. :loser:

Bowser
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Shocking. Not really.

But hey, the Chiefs might still have to play all their games on the road. Hope lives yet for Keitzman!!

eazyb81
04-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Keitzman and Dannie boy are total assclowns. They don't care about journalistic integrity, they just make outrageous claims to generate buzz and attention, similar to Howard Stern and other shock jocks.

alpha_omega
04-02-2009, 11:18 AM
It seems to me that the Union basically used KK as pawn to get the media talking about it.

Whether he was aware of that or not, i couldn't say....but probably not.

Pitt Gorilla
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Anderson's system won't work in the Big 12, according to KK.

I hadn't listened to the program for years, but I listened yesterday. KK noted that Anderson was unethical for listening to Georgia, but then said that it was the right thing to do.

CoMoChief
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Water is wet. KK is a douchebag, end of story.

kepp
04-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Whether he was aware of that or not, i couldn't say....but probably not.

I think we can safely assume that he's not aware of anything.

blaise
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
They forgot about KK whining about Jack Harry not getting national credit for "breaking" the Shanahan to KC story, as if it were fact. Saying the big guys just pick on little guys liek Harry & Kietz.
Do some more Smoke n Fire segments and eat some diet cookies you turd.

Mojo Jojo
04-02-2009, 11:38 AM
At least two of the local TV stations have called out KK this week for his "reporting" on the stadium labor issue. KK always says he has "sources", but he never names them and as far as I can tell over the past 15+ years his "sources" have yet to be right.

kc rush
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Here is the Greg Hall piece that he was referring to:

http://www.kcconfidential.com/?p=1443

OTC: KK Strikes Out Again
greg

“The strike is on!”
Kevin Kietzman, announcing the carpenters union was on strike during the 5:00 PM hour on Tuesday, 810 AM

GH: I checked the clock when KK uttered this breaking news bulletin. It was shortly after the station’s 5 PM break. I do not think it was a coincidence that KK delivered this news to his peak drive-time audience. Wasn’t the labor agreement’s deadline midnight Tuesday? How can a strike occur before the deadline? As I suspected, it cannot and did not. Once again, KK is made to look foolish to his listeners and peers by trying to deliver a scoop that simply was not true. Read on.

“Breaking news out here at Arrowhead Stadium. A deal has been reached between the builders association and the local carpenters union. …Once again a deal has been reached. There will be no strike on projects out here like the work being done at Arrowhead and also the final touches being put on The K.”
Dave Froehlich, reporting live at the Truman Sports Complex at 9:40 PM Tuesday, Fox 4

GH: Froelich’s report wasn’t sexy. His delivery wasn’t alarming. He simply delivered the facts to his viewing audience from the source of the story. It reminded me of Kietzman’s work on Fox 4 years ago — before he morphed into the guy on the radio who traded his credibility for ratings.

“If you’re driving on I-70 right now and see work going on (at the Sports Complex), as of midnight tonight it is over!”
Kevin Kietzman, to his drive-time listeners, 810 AM

GH: Maybe KK took one of those palm-reading classes on 39th Street and can now foretell the future. If so, he needs to get his money back.

“People say were not journalists. They call me Jerry Springer. What they don’t see is us here on our Blackberrys! …You wouldn’t believe what people will tell us if you just promise to not reveal them as the source!”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM

GH: KK might want to trade in his un-named sources for some patience. His desire to be first with a story continues to leave him looking and sounding amateurish and poorly connected. Some of these “sources” might not be as interested in Kietzman’s reputation as he thinks.

“The hundred emails I got this morning that said I’m an idiot and that I don’t know how to do my job, I’ve learned to ignore them.”
Kevin Kietzman, shortly after announcing the labor strike was on at Arrowhead, 810 AM

GH: It might be time to stop ignoring and to start reading those emails. Let’s hope Union Broadcasting server can handle the overflow of emails that KK is bound to receive on April 1st — that are sure to once again call him the fool.

Bowser
04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
"Folks, this story is going to SHAKE the foundations of the NFL...."

Stewie
04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
“The strike is on!”
Kevin Kietzman, announcing the carpenters union was on strike during the 5:00 PM hour on Tuesday, 810 AM

GH: I checked the clock when KK uttered this breaking news bulletin. It was shortly after the station’s 5 PM break. I do not think it was a coincidence that KK delivered this news to his peak drive-time audience. Wasn’t the labor agreement’s deadline midnight Tuesday? How can a strike occur before the deadline? As I suspected, it cannot and did not. Once again, KK is made to look foolish to his listeners and peers by trying to deliver a scoop that simply was not true. Read on.

KK announced this before 5:00 and 610 reported it too. Greg Hall is as much of a hack as KK, and that's saying something.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204752&highlight=Keitzman

Bowser
04-02-2009, 12:10 PM
KK announced this before 5:00 and 610 reported it too. Greg Hall is as much of a hack as KK, and that's saying something.

Neal has Chris and Cowboy sitting in the back room listening to 810, hoping to glean usefull discussion points.

Stewie
04-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Neal has Chris and Cowboy sitting in the back room listening to 810, hoping to glean usefull discussion points.

You know what's sad? On my drive home I'm listening to Shannon and Parks more and more. The afternoon clowns on 610 and 810 are atrocious and damn near unlistenable. I wish 810 would put Petro on for the afternoon drive instead of wasting him during the middle of the day.

Bowser
04-02-2009, 12:20 PM
You know what's sad? On my drive home I'm listening to Shannon and Parks more and more. The afternoon clowns on 610 and 810 are atrocious and damn near unlistenable. I wish 810 would put Petro on for the afternoon drive instead of wasting him during the middle of the day.

Indeed.

Satellite radio is your friend, my friend.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I hadn't listened to the program for years, but I listened yesterday.

Which is why KK is likely laughing about all this negative attention.

blaise
04-02-2009, 12:27 PM

Me too (the listening to 980 on the way home). Last year that wouldn't have been the case. I can only take KK in very small doses. Literally minutes at a time. And Spring Training Royals baseball on 610? Yikes. I love baseball, but radio broadcasts of spring training is just, no.
I don't know why there can be almost no national sports talk, or heaven forbid- NBA talk. We have to hear Missouri or KU assistant coaches interviewed, or topics like "Would you swap Cassel for Cutler? Yes or no, give us a call."
I just don't get it. When I stream shows at work from other parts of the country callers can introduce a variety of topics when they call, but here in KC for some reason it's "Call about this topic only. We're not talking anything else."

kcfanXIII
04-02-2009, 12:37 PM
i wonder how many of those emails actually read "your and idiot"

Bowser
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
i wonder how many of those emails actually read "your and idiot"

Heh.

jAZ
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
"If you want positive exposure for your business or organization ..." don't let us get near your website. Cause we suck at the interwebs.

Phobia
04-02-2009, 02:38 PM
"If you want positive exposure for your business or organization ..." don't let us get near your website. Cause we suck at the interwebs.

Dude who runs that site is actually pretty well connected in KC. Before I knew who he was I did a little work on his house. He's a decent guy just trying to make a buck like the rest of us.

Mr. Krab
04-02-2009, 02:41 PM
That sight is wrong, but i'm not getting into it. That idiot caller Ron must of made it.

gblowfish
04-02-2009, 02:53 PM
The problem with KK is he has ownership in Union Broadcasting. So it's hard to boot a guy off the air when he's an owner. Usually this happens more in little small towns on mom and pop stations.

He's just morphed into Don "The Weasel" Fortune, Version 2.

I've done work for Leabo a long time ago before his WHB days. He's a decent guy (for an Oklahoma Grad). But KK has morphed into a little Hitler type guy. Bet he's not much fun to work for.