PDA

View Full Version : Money Son-of-a-*****!!!

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
The focking USPS who delivers my advertising booklet each month is having yet another rate increase in May.I think it's a damn shame they can't take a look at what some of these focking postmasters are making and try cutting their salary for once instead of raising my focking postage bill.

Do these dipshits making these increases realize that if they keep this shit up small direct mailers like me who cannot continue to pass these increases on to their customers will end up going away and then they will have no focking bulk mail to deliver?:cuss:

OH and while I'm at it they also informed me that they will no longer supply rubber bands to put on our bundles(although they have for 18 years) and now I also have to buy 2000 rubber bands a month because nor will they recycle my bands from month to month.

Thanks for letting me rant!

SON_OF_A_BITCH!!!!!

L.A. Chieffan
04-02-2009, 02:52 PM
sales tax in L.A. County is now 10.25 %.

MTG#10
I hate junk mail.

Katipan
I could totally send you rubber bands.

They are coming out my ears.

Pablo
04-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I hate junk mail.To be fair, I use the pizza coupons out of his mailer regularly.

Dartgod
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I hate big post office.

gblowfish
Our company went to doing all our billing via email. Only very few customers who are not connected to the internet will get bills via snail mail now. Look for that to happen a lot over the next year with many companies. It's a new "green" and postage money saving trend.

Iowanian
I usually pitch them, but I've used a 30% off coupon to buy a piece of deck furniture and I've got some clipped for $.89 oil filters and cheap oil.

Sorry....keep em coming.

Most in this area come inserted in the paper.

Scorp
04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I hate junk mail.

Agreed, nobody wants your crap products. If they did you wouldn't be wasting your time clogging up the mail system.:drool:

MikeMaslowski
04-02-2009, 02:57 PM
I remember when postage stamps were a penny...

wait,

no i don't

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 02:59 PM
To be fair, I use the pizza coupons out of his mailer regularly.

Since you're familiar with our booklet do you look at the rest of it?Just curious what you think as I think we have some decent offers to local businesses.

BTW,thanks for using the pizza coupons,we appreciate the support.

burt
04-02-2009, 03:00 PM

wait,

no i don't

I am afraid of clowns.......

Scorp
04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I am afraid of clowns.......

I am afraid of Donkey Shows!

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Agreed, nobody wants your crap products. If they did you wouldn't be wasting your time clogging up the mail system.:drool:

Oh really,I've got a grocery store advertising that has seen as many as 4000 coupons redeemed in a month,but nice to hear you're so wealthy you don't need a $10 savings off a $100 grocery purchase.

Pablo
04-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Since you're familiar with our booklet do you look at the rest of it?Just curious what you think as I think we have some decent offers to local businesses.

BTW,thanks for using the pizza coupons,we appreciate the support.Yeah..my fiance uses the tanning coupons every now and then. I flip through it sometimes, but I'm really after the food coupons mainly.

There's some good stuff in there as far as auto stuff goes, but I don't ever clip coupons for haircuts(do it myself) and I don't own my own home so some of the stuff in there doesn't pertain to me.

Scorp
04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh really,I've got a grocery store advertising that has seen as many as 4000 coupons redeemed in a month,but nice to hear you're so wealthy you don't need a $10 savings off a $100 grocery purchase.

I need a $100 savings off a $10 grocery purchase. That's what I need. Send me one of those. :thumb:

Iowanian
04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm not going to plow through 20 pages of a rag in case there is a coupon, and I'm not going to buy something because there is a coupon, but I'll breeze through and see if there is anything relating to something I already need.

Like I said, I know I have 2 for oil filters and oil waiting for my next trip towards that store, that will save me $5-6 on 2 oil changes.

Pablo
04-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm really not one to clip coupons honestly, but if I get a flier with a pizza chain's coupons on the front, I usually flip through it really quick to see if there are any other good offers in there.

DaFace
04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are 2,000 rubber bands worth?

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah..my fiance uses the tanning coupons every now and then. I flip through it sometimes, but I'm really after the food coupons mainly.

There's some good stuff in there as far as auto stuff goes, but I don't ever clip coupons for haircuts(do it myself) and I don't own my own home so some of the stuff in there doesn't pertain to me.

Arby's has some good offers in the new mailer and believe me if you haven't tried St Joe Prime Meat yet for steaks and hamburger check it out.

Pablo
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Arby's has some good offers in the new mailer and believe me if you haven't tried St Joe Prime Meat yet for steaks and hamburger check it out.No I haven't tried them out, but I should..they aren't too far away. I'm down off Riverside and 36, so they're only a couple of minutes away off of S169. Maybe I'll pop in there and grab a steak or two instead of going to HyVee once it gets warm out again.

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM

Most recent quote I got was $32 a month but I'm working on it.

Iowanian
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
try ebay or craigslist...

Katipan

The medium bands are like $10.

OnTheWarpath15

$6 for 1900 at Office Max.

DJ's left nut
04-02-2009, 03:14 PM
The focking USPS who delivers my advertising booklet each month is having yet another rate increase in May.I think it's a damn shame they can't take a look at what some of these focking postmasters are making and try cutting their salary for once instead of raising my focking postage bill.

Do these dipshits making these increases realize that if they keep this shit up small direct mailers like me who cannot continue to pass these increases on to their customers will end up going away and then they will have no focking bulk mail to deliver?:cuss:

OH and while I'm at it they also informed me that they will no longer supply rubber bands to put on our bundles(although they have for 18 years) and now I also have to buy 2000 rubber bands a month because nor will they recycle my bands from month to month.

Thanks for letting me rant!

SON_OF_A_BITCH!!!!!

Privatize it.

Let the government run things and rest assured they'll fuck it up. Accountability is a foreign concept, as is oversight.

But by all means, lets have them run our healthcare... [/politics]

DaFace
04-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Most recent quote I got was $32 a month but I'm working on it.

Ouch. You must use some big ones.

alpha_omega
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Just more BS from the USPS...

Hang in there Nzoner!

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 03:16 PM
No I haven't tried them out, but I should..they aren't too far away. I'm down off Riverside and 36, so they're only a couple of minutes away off of S169. Maybe I'll pop in there and grab a steak or two instead of going to HyVee once it gets warm out again.

I think you'll like the place,nice selection of luncheon meats and cheeses too,sliced while you wait,even still give you a free sample before you buy.Just like the old butcher shop.

BTW,we try and support our advertisers as much as possible so it's great having a grocery chain and a meat market as regular advertisers.

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Ouch. You must use some big ones.

Yep,we're required to put 2 on each bundle of 50 booklets

Iowanian
04-02-2009, 03:21 PM
The USPS dinged me a while back because I had an "odd sized envelop"...It was the same height as some, the same width as others in the "frame" he checked with, but not a standard size.

I told the post master they were damn lucky the general public had no option or they'd be out of business.

04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Our company went to doing all our billing via email. Only very few customers who are not connected to the internet will get bills via snail mail now. Look for that to happen a lot over the next year with many companies. It's a new "green" and postage money saving trend.this is why the PO has to increase rates. Too many people and companies are finding ways to get their shit done without having to use stamps. Hell, I have only paid postage once in the past year.

Buehler445
04-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah. Post Office is hurting. A buddy of mine's mom is a postmaster for a rural post office and they took away most of her help. I heard on the radio that the post office is scheduled to run out of money sometime this year. (I want to say June, but that may not be right).

Not to say they're worth a flying feces, but they do recognize the problem.unfortunately they look to you for cost savings.

Bad deal for you buddy, hope it turns around soon and businesses can utilize you and your volume goes up.

As to coupons, I look through them. Use them if I can, but most of the time the deals are not worth changing what I want (mostly food), or off the wall merchandise that I don't want. It should be noted though, that I don't get coupons like you send.

As for email bills, that pisses me off. If you have to keep them for documentation you have to fucking print it out anyway. I don't have a business class printer to make it cheap, and I don't have a document imaging scanner to make the whole bit paperless. So until I'm forced out of it, I'm still going to get paper bills.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 03:44 PM
As to coupons, I look through them. Use them if I can, but most of the time the deals are not worth changing what I want (mostly food), or off the wall merchandise that I don't want. It should be noted though, that I don't get coupons like you send.

Posted via Mobile Device

I meet with most of our clients and therefore have some input on what they offer.We have a steakhouse advertising this month offering a 7 oz sirloin,potato,texas toast and a dessert bar for $4.95 lunch

Scorp
04-02-2009, 03:55 PM
We have a steakhouse advertising this month offering a 7 oz sirloin,potato,texas toast and a dessert bar for $4.95 lunch

You sure that isn't a strip club? They have gimmicks like that at lunch time too! :D

Skip Towne
04-02-2009, 03:56 PM

wait,

no i don't

I remember 3 cents. I think postcards were a penny.

Nzoner
04-02-2009, 04:02 PM
You sure that isn't a strip club? They have gimmicks like that at lunch time too! :D

I assure you it's not LMAO

Pablo
04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
You sure that isn't a strip club? They have gimmicks like that at lunch time too! :DYeah..they advertise a VD Strip instead of a KC Strip though..little different.

Buehler445
04-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I meet with most of our clients and therefore have some input on what they offer.We have a steakhouse advertising this month offering a 7 oz sirloin,potato,texas toast and a dessert bar for $4.95 lunch

Oh hell. I don't have any coupons like that. Fuck me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
04-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't know why they can't simply cut costs instead. Christ, do we REALLY need mail delivery 6 days a week? Or even 5?

joesomebody
04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't mind when people mail me stuff, as it is up to me to open it or toss it. Don't know why, but this thread reminded me of the damn ad-sheet here in Columbia. On campus every Wednesday they hire the local homeless to stand at every major corner on campus and harass students until they take an ad sheet. This caused me to create this t-shirt one day, though I never did order one. http://www.zazzle.com/no_i_dont_want_an_ad_sheet_tshirt-235757382196528669

speak24
04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
especially a## clowns...