PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs MLB

RustShack
04-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm 99.9% sure we will be running some 4-3 still this year, but I don't believe we have a MLB on the roster. Thoughts?

God I hope we let DJ play the weak side.

Molitoth
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Major League Baseball?

MIAdragon
04-03-2009, 12:59 PM
2 days 5 hours 1 min

Mecca
04-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I'll be happy when DJ isn't on the roster anymore, I'm not sure I can think of a more overhyped disappointing player.

RustShack
04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
I'll be happy when DJ isn't on the roster anymore, I'm not sure I can think of a more overhyped disappointing player.

I don't think he should be the best LB on the team, but I think he should stick around as our weak side LB until the position is filled with better players than him.

damaticous
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM

Thank God!!!!! There is someone else out there like me! I thought I was the only one that thought he wasn't as productive as everyone thought he was going to be. I like the guy, but he doesn't seem to be productve. Every year it's the same thing from him and teh media "I believe this year is going to be my best year yet"....then nothing. Good, ok. Great, not to me.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't think he should be the best LB on the team, but I think he should stick around as our weak side LB until the position is filled with better players than him.

His contract is about up.....and frankly he's never even been a good player to this point.

htismaqe
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM

Not sure I want him off the roster - every team needs roleplayers.

But yes, overhyped and disappointing are 2 good words for him.

Blick
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Curry of course.

bdeg
04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
His contract is about up.....and frankly he's never even been a good player to this point.

That's going a bit far.

I think he's been an above-average LB for us, especially before last year.

He's always been good at coverage, and as someone else pointed out he led the NFL in TFL one season.

I think we're seeing a bit of the 'recency effect' going on here.

And the players around him certainly don't help.

RustShack
04-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't see us getting a bunch of better LB's than him anytime soon, no reason to just get rid of a young player who has been poorly coached.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
What's your definition of better?

I don't like LB's that play soft as hell...just watch how he plays the Trent Edwards run last year that sums him up as a player.

Micjones
04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Johnson's been a good player for this team.
He just hasn't played to his draft position.

bdeg
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM

I don't like LB's that play soft as hell...just watch how he plays the Trent Edwards run last year that sums him up as a player.
And now you're defining him by one play from last season, when he's had 4 seasons here?
Recency effect at its finest

If you look at his whole body of work, I don't think he's that soft.

raybec 4
04-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I don't see us getting a bunch of better LB's than him anytime soon, no reason to just get rid of a young player who has been poorly coached.

I will admit that our coaching staff has not been the best but that's an overused excuse for underperforming players IMO. At some point his lack of tackling skill and his desire to avoid contact has to be on him not the coaches.

Jethopper
04-03-2009, 02:13 PM
That's going a bit far.

I think he's been an above-average LB for us, especially before last year.

He's always been good at coverage, and as someone else pointed out he led the NFL in TFL one season.

I think we're seeing a bit of the 'recency effect' going on here.

And the players around him certainly don't help.

This + If he could catch he'd have atleast 5 more interceptions.

RustShack
04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Well to answer my question, Monte Biesle? Think as of now its his position?

EyePod
04-03-2009, 09:37 PM

I agree. And I love the fact that we rarely rush him, but when he is rushing, he's phenomenal. He should not be a MLB though... that's just retarded.

EyePod
04-03-2009, 09:39 PM

You're right. The best way to "sum up a player" is by picking a play that is very noticeable. Those are normally the best plays by a player. Look, you can't just pick the worst/best plays for one player. If you didn't notice him on most plays, that's probably a good thing. Otherwise, Damion McIntosh would be an awesome RT because of that one awesome play he had.