PDA

View Full Version : Video Games MLB The Show 09

Mama Hip Rockets
04-03-2009, 05:35 PM
I know there was a thread about this game a while back, but I'm having trouble finding it.

My question is, how could the makers of this game not realize that there are 17 wild pitches in every single game? This is a fun game, but has one glaring glitch that is incredibly frustrating. Every single curveball that is remotely low in the strike zone bounces and gets past the catcher.

Also, it seems nearly impossible to steal a base. Every time I try to get a good jump, I get picked off. Therefore, I never get a good lead. Therefore, I am out by 5 steps every time I try to steal.

Do I just suck? Or are these all common occurrences?

PS: Why is Ron Mahay not on this game?

Buck
04-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Just wait until they come out w/ a new patch.

Buck
04-03-2009, 05:56 PM
And Ron Mahay is a replacement player (scab) so hes not allowed in the Player's Union, therefore he can't be in the game.

Mama Hip Rockets
04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
is he really a replacement player? he is good.

dj56dt58
04-03-2009, 11:35 PM
that and when there is pitch in the dirt the camera jerks back every time. In previous years it would only jerk back if the ball got past the catcher, so im used to taking off when the camera jerks back..get thrown out a lot because of that

Mama Hip Rockets
04-03-2009, 11:57 PM
that and when there is pitch in the dirt the camera jerks back every time. In previous years it would only jerk back if the ball got past the catcher, so im used to taking off when the camera jerks back..get thrown out a lot because of that

yes, me too. incredibly annoying.

jiveturkey
04-04-2009, 09:15 AM
The online connections seem to suck too. I play with a buddy and we are rarely able to chat. The headset comes and goes and there's a lot of lag on screen, which makes it impossible to hit.

We've tried playing a handful of times and had issues every single time. We then move to All Pro football without any issues.

Mama Hip Rockets
04-05-2009, 09:13 AM
The online connections seem to suck too. I play with a buddy and we are rarely able to chat. The headset comes and goes and there's a lot of lag on screen, which makes it impossible to hit.

We've tried playing a handful of times and had issues every single time. We then move to All Pro football without any issues.

yeah, the online connections have been spotty for me too. sometimes it will take 3 or 4 seconds for the pitch to get to the plate, because it pauses on its way there a couple times. i wondered if that had something to do with the game, or just with my PS3.

dj56dt58
04-05-2009, 11:27 AM
yeah, the online connections have been spotty for me too. sometimes it will take 3 or 4 seconds for the pitch to get to the plate, because it pauses on its way there a couple times. i wondered if that had something to do with the game, or just with my PS3.

it's the game..The Show has always been shit online and they never fix it..it is unplayable online, I don't even try it anymore

dj56dt58
04-05-2009, 11:27 AM

is it easy to get an online game in All Pro? I want a good football game to play online

jiveturkey
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
is it easy to get an online game in All Pro? I want a good football game to play online
I've never had an issue with All Pro online. I usually only play one other guy though. I rate our connection over the last year or so at about 90%. An ocasional hiccup but nothing that put a damper on the game play.

MLB the Show has been about 20%. We can occasionally chat and we can occasionally get an inning or two in that doesn't pause.

KCChiefsMan
04-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I have never had fun with a baseball game.

Al Bundy
04-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Does MLB The Show have an actual franchise that you can do offseason on?

BigChiefFan
04-14-2009, 08:57 AM
How in the hell do you hit in this game?

BigChiefFan
04-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Does MLB The Show have an actual franchise that you can do offseason on?Yes, it's extensive.

jiveturkey
04-14-2009, 09:02 AM
How in the hell do you hit in this game?I've got me sliders adjusted in a big way. It's tough.

BigChiefFan
04-14-2009, 09:05 AM
I've got me sliders adjusted in a big way. It's tough.Wow. I can't even get a base hit in practice mode.

Sully
04-14-2009, 09:08 AM
I've been playing 2k9, and though there are a TON of glitches, I've enjoyed it. But I don't play online.

jiveturkey
04-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Wow. I can't even get a base hit in practice mode.It took me a while but I'm knocking them out of the park every now and then.

Guessing the pitch helps too. I am more likely to swing at fastballs so I guess those all the time. The off speed stuff makes me look stupid a lot of the time. If the fastballs are out of the zone I'm screwed.

BigChiefFan
04-14-2009, 09:16 AM
It took me a while but I'm knocking them out of the park every now and then.

Guessing the pitch helps too. I am more likely to swing at fastballs so I guess those all the time. The off speed stuff makes me look stupid a lot of the time. If the fastballs are out of the zone I'm screwed.That's good to know. I'll adjust the sliders and just keep practicing, but, right now, I look like Stevie Wonder going up against Nolan Ryan