PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Would North Carolina beat the Clippers?

Demonpenz
04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I think they would hang with em

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Are the Clippers terrible again? I wouldn't know. I haven't watched 30 minutes of pro basketball this year. The NBA has lost it's thunder.

Demonpenz
04-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Are the Clippers terrible again? I wouldn't know. I haven't watched 30 minutes of pro basketball this year. The NBA has lost it's thunder.

eh nba is really really strong right now, but I won't hate if you don't watch it. Nothing compares to ncaa tourney, if you did watch nba you would see Shaq still playing well. Kobe is going to be one of the greats all the time, and lebron can do things no one else in the history of basketball could do. You still have Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, kevin durant.

58-4ever
04-06-2009, 08:00 PM

actually they just gained the Thunder! And to answer your question... No way in hell does a college team hang with ANY pro team IMO.

KCChiefsMan
04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
lol, no

Pioli Zombie
04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
North Carolina would beat the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2009, 08:03 PM
eh nba is really really strong right now, but I won't hate if you don't watch it. Nothing compares to ncaa tourney, if you did watch nba you would see Shaq still playing well. Kobe is going to be one of the greats all the time, and lebron can do things no one else in the history of basketball could do. You still have Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, kevin durant.

actually they just gained the Thunder! And to answer your question... No way in hell does a college team hang with ANY pro team IMO.

Living in Seattle, trust me, I'm well aware of the NBA's Thunder. And they can eat shit.

Miles
04-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Living in Seattle, trust me, I'm well aware of the NBA's Thunder. And they can eat shit.

I would probably be pretty bitter about the NBA as well if I were a Sonics fan in Seattle. They have a very promising core of young players.

DeezNutz
04-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Will Thigpen or Curry be playing for Carolina? If so, you bet.

58-4ever

Not our fault the hippies didn't want to pony up for a new arena! Ha! It's not like you lost a great franchise! Although the kids have been fun to watch lately!

Dr. Johnny Fever

This... but actually the Thunder are in OKC.

WhitiE
04-06-2009, 08:07 PM
no just like no college team would beat the lions

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I would probably be pretty bitter about the NBA as well if I were a Sonics fan in Seattle. They have a very promising core of young players.

Let alone the history, and passion this city felt for the Sonics. And yes, absolutely. We suffered through years of shit just to watch them pack up and leave town when things were starting to look up. I'm completely through with the NBA. I won't even watch the playoffs, or the finals. Ever.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Not our fault the hippies didn't want to pony up for a new arena! Ha! It's not like you lost a great franchise! Although the kids have been fun to watch lately!

Right. Here in tree hugging, pot smoking, hippy land. But you're only half right. You may not have gained a great franchise, but Seattle most certainly lost one. Fuck Clayton Bennett, fuck David Stern, and MOTHERFUCK Howard Schultz. I haven't had a drop of Starbucks since it all went down. You think I'm bitter much?

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 08:09 PM

That I'm actually not certain of....

:hmmm:

dj56dt58
04-06-2009, 08:12 PM

you..sure about that?

with their confidence level..I dont know if they could beat a team from the old folks home

58-4ever
04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Right. Here in tree hugging, pot smoking, hippy land. But you're only half right. You may not have gained a great franchise, but Seattle most certainly lost one. Fuck Clayton Bennett, fuck David Stern, and MOTHERFUCK Howard Schultz. I haven't had a drop of Starbucks since it all went down. You think I'm bitter much?

I'm just giving you shit. I'm a tree-hugging, pot smoking hippie stuck in a backwards state. I don't blame you at all for being bitter.

SBK
04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I enjoyed the Olympics because they were playing great basketball. I don't know what sport they play in the NBA, but it's not basketball.

If they adopted the Olympic rules the NBA ratings would soar.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm just giving you shit. I'm a tree-hugging, pot smoking hippie stuck in a backwards state. I don't blame you at all for being bitter.

Oh, I didn't take it personally at all. If I was a fan of basketball, and my city just landed a team I'd be thrilled. I love the tree huggers, and I'm a pot smoker myself. But when it comes to sports stuff, schools prevail. Fuck the jobs associated with the product, and the other streams of revenue it creates for the city, county, and state. The kids need us dammit!!! Our loss is your gain. I'd say good luck to them, but I'd be telling a bold faced lie. No offense. :D

Miles
04-06-2009, 08:20 PM
you..sure about that?

with their confidence level..I dont know if they could beat a team from the old folks home

It wouldn't matter.

58-4ever
04-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh, I didn't take it personally at all. If I was a fan of basketball, and my city just landed a team I'd be thrilled. I love the tree huggers, and I'm a pot smoker myself. But when it comes to sports stuff, schools prevail. Fuck the jobs associated with the product, and the other streams of revenue it creates for the city, county, and state. The kids need us dammit!!! Our loss is your gain. I'd say good luck to them, but I'd be telling a bold faced lie. No offense. :D

None taken. My first love is college basketball too. You should hear the sports talk people around here. They've gone through just about EVERY scenario on how we can get Blake Griffin if the ping pong balls don't bounce our way in the lottery. What a PR dream that would be if we could keep Blake in town!

GoHuge
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I always thought any college team beating a pro team was retarted. They use to talk about Miami beating Cleveland in football. Please

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
None taken. My first love is college basketball too. You should hear the sports talk people around here. They've gone through just about EVERY scenario on how we can get Blake Griffin if the ping pong balls don't bounce our way in the lottery. What a PR dream that would be if we could keep Blake in town!

That would be a win-win situation down there. So I hope it doesn't happen. :D

dj56dt58
04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
That would be a win-win situation down there. So I hope it doesn't happen. :D

the only sport I could see this possibly happening in would be baseball because it isn't a physical sport