PDA

View Full Version : Video Games New PlayStation ad campaign breaks tomorrow...

TinyEvel
04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Look for it. With the new tag line:

"PS3: Game it to the max in a flaming dragon skull with a nail sticking out on fire in space hell"

We feel this tagline will speak to hardcore gamers in the most appropriate way. :thumb:

(we considered adding "...full of lead" but thought that was overdoing it.)

KcMizzou
04-06-2009, 10:35 PM
It's EXTREME.

Like Mountain Dew.

Jenson71
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
TinyEvel, do you like that new PC ad in the documentary style? Do you think it's any good?

TinyEvel
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
TinyEvel, do you like that new PC ad in the documentary style? Do you think it's any good?

You mean "I'm a PC?" with people telling their stories/functionality?

88TG88
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Whats space hell ?

btw the ms ad blows

KcMizzou
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Whats space hell ?

btw the ms ad blowsI assume it's like normal hell, but more EXTREME.

Jenson71
04-06-2009, 10:52 PM
You mean "I'm a PC?" with people telling their stories/functionality?

The one where the red head girl is given $1000 and she goes into Apple store, says there's nothing to buy except for a 13" laptop and sighs that she's not cool enough to get an Apple. So she goes to Best Buy and finds a PC and is really happy. It's a documentary commercial that Apple is worried will make it cool to like PCs now.

04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
The one where the red head girl is given $1000 and she goes into Apple store, says there's nothing to buy except for a 13" laptop and sighs that she's not cool enough to get an Apple. So she goes to Best Buy and finds a PC and is really happy. It's a documentary commercial that Apple is worried will make it cool to like PCs now.All they have to do is lower their ridiculous prices.

TinyEvel
04-06-2009, 11:30 PM
What??!! You people don't want to pay for quality???!!

Does she buy an XBOX arcade as well? (then has to pay for online, has to pay for a wi-fi adapter, has to pay for an external HD....)

Pants
04-06-2009, 11:56 PM
What??!! You people don't want to pay for quality???!!

Does she buy an XBOX arcade as well? (then has to pay for online, has to pay for a wi-fi adapter, has to pay for an external HD....)

If someone is retarded enough to buy an Arcade and then buy a HD afterwards, they deserve what they get. You see, what M$ did, was give people a choice of different packages with the features they might want or not or ones they can possibly afford. To poorer people, Xbox Arcade > nothing.

And with all due respect, the $4 a month XBL subscription > Sony's online.

I agree about their BS wireless adapter policy, though.

04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't know why anyone would game on these consoles wirelessly. Wired is the only way to go.

TinyEvel
04-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't know why anyone would game on these consoles wirelessly. Wired is the only way to go.

So then, I bet you still get up from the chair to change the channel on your TV then? (and adjust the rabbit ears??!!)

:D

04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
So then, I bet you still get up from the chair to change the channel on your TV then? (and adjust the rabbit ears??!!)

:DNope, but I do go to the trouble of sending the cables through my walls so they are unseen. You know, I put in the extra effort.:D

Pants
04-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Well, for example, I'm living in a 5 bedroom house with 4 other dudes, there are 3 360's between us and they're on different levels of the house (1 in the basement). It's not feasible to connect them all to the router, so 1 just sits disconnected from XBL. :(

Buck
04-07-2009, 12:57 AM
is this real or fake?

TinyEvel
04-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Well......

If there were a hell in space....

could something be on fire there?

Rausch
04-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Well......

If there were a hell in space....

could something be on fire there?

Nuthooks.

You need to lobby for the nuthooks...

Fire Me Boy!
04-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Does the new ad campaign feature the high quality work that led to me mailing my PS3 off in a coffin this morning after 10 months of light use?

My XBOX took damn near 3 years and had easily twice the amount of use.

Just sayin'.

Simplex3
04-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Does the new ad campaign feature the high quality work that led to me mailing my PS3 off in a coffin this morning after 10 months of light use?

Just sayin'.

I've read the failure rates on the Wii and PS3 are <1%. XBOX 360 may be higher than 30%.

TinyEvel
04-07-2009, 08:57 AM

Just sayin'.

Well, I wasn't gonna say anything, but I had them do that to yours so you will step it up in the CPBL contest. Once BigRadChief starts exercising, it's gonna get tight. :D

Fire Me Boy!
04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything, but I had them do that to yours so you will step it up in the CPBL contest. Once BigRadChief starts exercising, it's gonna get tight. :D

:cuss:

Basileus777
04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
If someone is retarded enough to buy an Arcade and then buy a HD afterwards, they deserve what they get.

Uh, why? It's not more expensive. The 60 gb starter pack is $100. If you buy them separately you actually end up 5 free arcade games, a 3 month live sub, and the free game that comes with the arcade for the same price. If anything you are getting more value by buying them separately.

The arcade is fine for people who don't need a HDD and just want to play games. And they can always upgrade later. The arcade has come a long way from the "tard pack" of old.

Talisman
04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
The one where the red head girl is given $1000 and she goes into Apple store, says there's nothing to buy except for a 13" laptop and sighs that she's not cool enough to get an Apple. So she goes to Best Buy and finds a PC and is really happy. It's a documentary commercial that Apple is worried will make it cool to like PCs now.

I haven't seen that one, but my wife loves the one with the little girl editing and e-mailing a picture of her fish. "I'm a PC and I'm 4!" She'll sometimes stop Tivoing through commercials to watch it.

Pitt Gorilla
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't know why anyone would game on these consoles wirelessly. Wired is the only way to go.Uh, what?

Basileus777
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I've read the failure rates on the Wii and PS3 are <1%. XBOX 360 may be higher than 30%.

This isn't 2005. The 360's failure rates are nowhere near that high.

bowener
04-07-2009, 02:49 PM
So after tomorrow the PS3 will be affordable and worth its short shelf life before it is replaced by the next console? I honestly hate M$, but $200 for a 360 has me starting to want one... Tint, do you get in promo goods (like a PS3) for free, that I could possibly buy off you cheap.... after all I do vote for your ads, and that puts money in your pocket some how, right?

edit: Oh yeah, can I have a job, or internship or something?

Jenson71
04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I haven't seen that one, but my wife loves the one with the little girl editing and e-mailing a picture of her fish. "I'm a PC and I'm 4!" She'll sometimes stop Tivoing through commercials to watch it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtilWL4mnhI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtilWL4mnhI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

She's so cute I want to adopt her relatives.

04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Uh, what?I have to have my router in the same room as my XBOX and PS3 to get any decent online service at all. I just took the extra time to run a wire through my basement and into the wall. Problem solved with minimal work.

UteChief
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Tiny do you get to see upcoming content. Say the next psp?

TinyEvel
04-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Tiny do you get to see upcoming content. Say the next psp?

That would not be content. That's called Hardware. Content would be Software (Infamous, God of War III etc.)

Sometimes we get early info. in order to market the things, but I do not share info. because I value my client relationship and my income.

Speaking of content, you haven;t weighed in for the Biggest Loser contest. :cuss:

man up.

KcMizzou
04-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Tiny E?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0G0LlXv-nyI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0G0LlXv-nyI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>