PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Angels starting pitcher Nick Adenhart killed last night

dirk digler
04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Terrible

TMZ has learned Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a felony hit-and-run car accident in Fullerton, California early this morning -- hours after he pitched in a game last night.

Cops say someone driving a minivan blew through a red light, causing the Mitsubishi that Adenhart was riding in to hit a light pole. Three people were killed in the crash, including Nick.

Cops say the person driving the van fled the scene -- but was later caught and charged with felony hit-and-run. The suspect is currently being treated for injuries in a local hospital.

We're told one of the other men killed in the crash was also affiliated with the Angels organization.

Nick was 22-years-old.

FYI -- Nick pitched his ass off last night, striking out 5 guys in 6 scoreless innings. His performance was hailed by sportswriters as a "brilliant effort."

The Franchise
04-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Damn.....that's horrible.

L.A. Chieffan
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
million buks says the guy was drunk with no license or insurance

dirk digler
04-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Here is the picture

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/04/0409_adenhart_cbs.jpg

keg in kc
04-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Wow. That's awful.

eazyb81
04-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Just saw that.....horrible. He was a great young pitcher.

jwazzie
04-09-2009, 09:28 AM

Or illegal :mad:

doomy3
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Oh man, that's terrible.

Hootie
04-09-2009, 09:30 AM
That is terrible. Kid makes it to the big leagues and is killed after making a remarkable start. Unbelievable. I guess no one is untouchable.

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Jesus. That is terrible. Just freaking terrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

OmahaChief
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
That is horrible.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
JFC

Mr. Flopnuts
04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow.

CaliforniaChief
04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
That's terrible. Also kind of eerie that the Angels' website has him on the front page in terms of the game and not anything about it yet. God bless his family.

doomy3
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Sounds like one of the other people in the car was also with the Angels organization...

Nick Adenhart-S- Angels Apr. 9 - 11:18 am et

TMZ.com reports that 22-year-old Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a car accident hours after his start Wednesday night against the A's.
A local news station, NBC25, has confirmed the report. According to TMZ: "Cops say someone driving a minivan blew through a red light, causing the Mitsubishi that Adenhart was riding in to hit a light pole. Three people were killed in the crash, including Nick." The van driver reportedly fled the scene before eventually being apprehended, and has been charged with felony hit-and-run. The identities of the other victims have not been revealed, but TMZ reports that "one of the other men killed in the crash was also affiliated with the Angels organization."
Source: TMZ.com

Micjones
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Pitcher or pool guy this is awful.
God bless his family and friends.

CoMoChief
04-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Wow, thats terrible.

Hootie
04-09-2009, 09:42 AM
This kid was obviously pretty talented...he had the ability to set up his family for many lifetimes...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Pitcher or pool guy this is awful.
God bless his family and friends.

Yeah. Exactly.

dirk digler
04-09-2009, 09:44 AM
This kid was obviously pretty talented...he had the ability to set up his family for many lifetimes...

Hopefully the Angels organization will take care of his family.

sedated
04-09-2009, 09:46 AM

The guy who hit me (ran red light going 70 in a 35) was an illegal mexican, no license or insurance, and had over a .2 blood alcohol level.

His passenger spent weeks in critical condition and almost died.

The driver skipped back below the border less than a week after the accident.

JohnnyV13
04-09-2009, 09:53 AM
The guy who hit me (ran red light going 70 in a 35) was an illegal mexican, no license or insurance, and had over a .2 blood alcohol level.

His passenger spent weeks in critical condition and almost died.

The driver skipped back below the border less than a week after the accident.

But wait, illegal aliens don't hurt the economy. Nor do they take jobs from Americans.

You shoulld learn the Truth. The Catholic Church will tell you the facts about how our immigration law is unjust and how illegals actually pay more in taxes than they claim in services.

And the Church is infallible, you know.

chasedude
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
But wait, illegal aliens don't hurt the economy. Nor do they take jobs from Americans.

You shoulld learn the Truth. The Catholic Church will tell you the facts about how our immigration law is unjust and how illegals actually pay more in taxes than they claim in services.

And the Church is infallible, you know.

Wow. You need to take that to the DC threads. Leave this one for respect for such a promising young pitcher who's life ended abruptly.

kchero
04-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow. You need to take that to the DC threads. Leave this one for respect for such a promising young pitcher who's life ended abruptly.

Exactly, some respect here, not some religion bashing.

bowener
04-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Here is the picture

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/04/0409_adenhart_cbs.jpg

Damn. That is far more than "striking a light pole". Pretty fucking sad when shit like this happens.

Deberg_1990
04-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Wow....thats sad. God Bless his family.

Amnorix
04-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow. Just wow. Horrible.

Gonzo
04-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Sucks

Gonzo
04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
More info via espn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4055343

Delano
04-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think people who are responsible for fatal hit-and-runs are punished adequately.

Sad.

dirk digler
04-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think people who are responsible for fatal hit-and-runs are punished adequately.

Sad.

Agreed. They should serve a minimum of 10 years

RJ
04-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Sad.

Completely agree. WTF is the difference between being killed with a gun or killed with a car? Dead is dead, and speeding through city streets drunk is just as dangerous as randomly firing bullets into the night.

Mecca
04-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Well that's pretty shitty, Adenhart had top upside I remember reading that they thought he'd be as good if not better than John Lackey.

Pioli Zombie
04-09-2009, 12:06 PM
That is really very sad. Prayers to the family.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Or he could be Donte Stallworth. Fucking jackass. Way to use someone's death as a way to step up on a political soapbox.

DeezNutz
04-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Sad on so many different levels.

kysirsoze
04-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Million bucks to you. He had his license suspended for a DUI.

-King-
04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Damn, sad stuff to hear. God bless his family.

-King-
04-09-2009, 01:42 PM

People like you make me sick! Using a death to prove your point, all the while making yourself look stupid and bigoted in the process.

Demonpenz
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM
no reason for things like this to happen. Life sucks sometimes

dirk digler
04-09-2009, 03:31 PM
The Angels game tonight has been canceled.

Here is the douchebag that killed him. He was already arrested once for drunk driving.

UPDATE: The first mugshot of Andrew Gallow on the left is from an '06 arrest for being drunk in public. We also got our hands on court documents from his DUI, which was also in '06, in which Gallow wrote this haunting sentence:

"I understand that if I continue to drink and drive it may result in death or serious bodily injury to another person."
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/04/0409_gallo_mugshot_03.jpg

UPDATE: The middle pic of Gallow is his bloody mugshot from a March '07 arrest for drunk and disorderly conduct.

We've just obtained a photo of Andrew Gallo, who was driving the van that caused the accident that killed Nick Adenhart and two others.

Cops believe Gallo was driving under the influence and on a suspended license because of a prior DUI. He fled the scene and was arrested. Gallo could be booked on murder charges, along with vehicular manslaughter, hit-and-run and felony DUI.

Denver Dave
04-09-2009, 04:56 PM
$50 says he is a Raiders fan.

Mama Hip Rockets
04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
The Angels game tonight has been canceled.

Here is the douchebag that killed him. He was already arrested once for drunk driving.

UPDATE: The first mugshot of Andrew Gallow on the left is from an '06 arrest for being drunk in public. We also got our hands on court documents from his DUI, which was also in '06, in which Gallow wrote this haunting sentence:

"I understand that if I continue to drink and drive it may result in death or serious bodily injury to another person."
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/04/0409_gallo_mugshot_03.jpg

UPDATE: The middle pic of Gallow is his bloody mugshot from a March '07 arrest for drunk and disorderly conduct.

We've just obtained a photo of Andrew Gallo, who was driving the van that caused the accident that killed Nick Adenhart and two others.

Cops believe Gallo was driving under the influence and on a suspended license because of a prior DUI. He fled the scene and was arrested. Gallo could be booked on murder charges, along with vehicular manslaughter, hit-and-run and felony DUI.

wow. what a winner.

Reaper16
04-09-2009, 05:09 PM
This is really saddening.

reiko57
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM

the guy looks white to me

looks like you were wrong, and worse yet- you did it without style :clap:

wild1
04-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Million bucks to you. He had his license suspended for a DUI.

They just said on the news that the police are confirming that he was drunk again at the time of the accident.

KCChiefsMan
04-09-2009, 07:19 PM
ya thats terrible, but this kind of thing happens all the time to regular folk too.

JohnnyV13
04-09-2009, 07:39 PM

You're right. Sort of way off topic. And I hope you realized I was being rather sarcastic.

Delano
04-09-2009, 08:00 PM
ya thats terrible, but this kind of thing happens all the time to regular folk too.

Happened to a great aunt of mine last year.

Piece of shit that hit her (at about five AM while she was walking on a wide country road with a reflective vest and big flashlight) was driving home drunk. He hit her and drove off. She was sent flying into the ditch where she died before someone found her later that morning.

The fucker had multiple DUIs and out of total irony, his dad was killed in a alcohol induced hit-and-run years ago.

A whooping 4.5 years in prison is all he got.

I can imagine how irate the families of Nick Adenhart and the other folks in that car are.

The murderer's mother claimed the sentence was too harsh. Fucking dumb trash cunt.

Ultra Peanut
04-09-2009, 08:01 PM
"His father flew out here from Baltimore to watch him start last night, so his father is here, obviously going through a great deal of grief," Angels spokesman Tim Mead said.Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezussssss

Demonpenz
04-09-2009, 09:00 PM
someone needs to step on his throat with some steel cleats

chasedude
04-09-2009, 09:03 PM
You're right. Sort of way off topic. And I hope you realized I was being rather sarcastic.

I didn't notice your sarcasm. It's tough to pick that up in text sometimes, sorry.

KCChiefsMan
04-09-2009, 09:04 PM

Piece of shit that hit her (at about five AM while she was walking on a wide country road with a reflective vest and big flashlight) was driving home drunk. He hit her and drove off. She was sent flying into the ditch where she died before someone found her later that morning.

The ****er had multiple DUIs and out of total irony, his dad was killed in a alcohol induced hit-and-run years ago.

I can imagine how irate the families of Nick Adenhart and the other folks in that car are.

The murderer's mother claimed the sentence was too harsh. ****ing dumb trash ****.

man, thats horrible. I hope that karma comes back to fuck that guy up. Sorry for your loss man.

BWillie
04-09-2009, 09:27 PM
That is why I ALWAYS look before I go through a red light. I do not want to let some ignorant f*ck be in control if I live or die.

Sure-Oz
04-09-2009, 09:28 PM
damn drunk drivers, that is horrible

Delano
04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
That is why I ALWAYS look before I go through a red light. I do not want to let some ignorant f*ck be in control if I live or die.

I hope you worded that wrong.

HoneyBadger
04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Horrible news. Just goes to show don't drink and drive. I've seen it too many times. This accident happened about 5 minutes from my house.

Sure-Oz
04-09-2009, 09:45 PM

Are you drinking and posting?

Reaper16
04-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Horrible news. Just goes to show don't drink and drive. I've seen it too many times. This accident happened about 5 minutes from my house.
Or what? You'll kill a pro sports player?

Does anyone want to volunteer to drive drunk in Denver?

Hootie
04-10-2009, 01:08 AM
the guy looks white to me

looks like you were wrong, and worse yet- you did it without style :clap:

Are you...being sarcastic?

That dude is a total Mexican...and the guy called it like a champion. Props.

Hootie
04-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I wonder how many more clients Scott Boras is going to snag with those tears on display?

BWillie
04-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Are you drinking and posting?

LOL

Apparently. I mean when I'm going through a green light. I see so many people I'm riding passenger with that just don't even look while going through a green light. If you don't double check you are setting yourself up to a huge exposure of risk and death. No excuse for this guy to leave the scene if he injured someone. I can honestly understand why people leave the scene after making sure everyone was not hurt if you were trying to get out of a DUI. Just leave your car there, give them your info, and jet before the cops make you blow. Hit and run is better than a DUI, but leaving someone to die has no excuse.

Ultra Peanut
04-10-2009, 01:28 AM
I hope you worded that wrong.is Ryan Moats, baby

you are most sexiest think
like delicate flower

Alton deFlat
04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/athletes.who.died.in.accidents/content.1.html?bcnn=yes

Mama Hip Rockets
04-10-2009, 11:28 AM

The ****er had multiple DUIs and out of total irony, his dad was killed in a alcohol induced hit-and-run years ago.

The murderer's mother claimed the sentence was too harsh. ****ing dumb trash ****.

4.5 years?! unbelievable! :cuss: