PDA

View Full Version : KU KU now has a couple of scholarships freed up

Lzen
04-09-2009, 03:23 PM
What does this mean for Lance Stevenson and/or Xavier Henry?

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/09/appleton-thomas-transfer-ku/?mens_basketball

Reerun_KC
04-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I have heard that there is an good chance that KU could get both Lance and X....

Pants
04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
What does this mean for Lance Stevenson and/or Xavier Henry?

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/09/appleton-thomas-transfer-ku/?mens_basketball

Thank god Releford stayed. Woot. That kid is going to be a baller. Bodes pretty well as far as the remaining recruiting goes.

Lzen
I have heard that there is an good chance that KU could get both Lance and X....

That would be most excellent. :thumb:

Reerun_KC
And that this was a possiblity that 2 people would transfer out to make room....

Pants
04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
How's about this for a bit of news:

Derby Festival practice

A few early notes from the Kentucky Derby Festival practice:

Swarmed by media, Daniel Orton said he's still planning on attending Kentucky. He has talked to coach John Calipari and said the coach was "real interested in me." He went on to say "in my heart I still feel like I want to go to Kentucky. I like Kentucky. But we just have to open our options. Right now, if anything it's Kansas and Kentucky." When asked if open back up means is he open to being recruited by other schools he said, "I'm signed with Kentucky so mainly right now I'm still with Kentucky."

http://www.courier-journal.com...l-practice.html (http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2009/04/derby-festival-practice.html)

sedated
04-09-2009, 03:37 PM
probably CJ and X.

unless Morningstar goes through with becoming a walk-on, which would make room for Lance.

Definitely a good sign.

KC_Connection
04-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Somebody posted a few days ago that big things were going to happen today, and that probably Henry would confirm.

Thig Lyfe
04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
probably CJ and X.

unless Morningstar goes through with becoming a walk-on, which would make room for Lance.

Definitely a good sign.

Why would we give CJ a scholarship? Isn't his tuition being paid by the Yankees?

BWillie
04-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Surprised about Appleton, not surprised about QT. That is a good decision for both of them, just too much talent in front of them. Appleton could of played big minutes on 75% of other big 12 teams. Maybe this is why Stephenson was waiting? I expect a commitment soon. X/CJ or Lance. I do not think Lance and X would come, it wouldn't make any sense. I wouldn't want both of them, I really don't. They would be vying for the same minutes and may create some chemistry problems, but if anybody could handle it it would be my main man HCBS

sedated
04-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Why would we give CJ a scholarship? Isn't his tuition being paid by the Yankees?

ah, yes, I keep forgetting about that.

doomy3
04-09-2009, 03:43 PM
probably CJ and X.

Definitely a good sign.

CJ definitely won't get a scholarship. There is no reason, the Yankees pay his tuition.

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I didn't know Appleton was a Jr this past year. Was he a Juco transfer?
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
This really seems to open up the spots for Henry and Stephenson. That would be really weird because they play the same position, but you can't have enough talent I guess.

Could this lineup really be a possibility?

PG Collins
SG Henry
SF Stephenson
PF Morris
C Aldrich

holy shiat

doomy3
This is outstanding news, BTW.

FWIW, though, we were already one scholarship too many with the current recruits, so there is still a good chance we only get one of the guys we are recruiting unless there is someone else leaving/going pro/giving up a scholarship

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Thank god Releford stayed. Woot. That kid is going to be a baller. Bodes pretty well as far as the remaining recruiting goes.

I like Releford also. He is really explosive. I don't know what he has in terms of a jumpshot, but if gets a little confidence in his game, he could really contribute some good minutes.

I think in order to play big minutes, though, he's going to make a defense respect his jump shot to effectively utilize his ability to drive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM

We won't. And yes, it is.

KC_Connection
04-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Imagine the backups, too..

Tyshawn Taylor, Elijah Johnson, Travis Releford, Morningstar, Robinson, Withey

It's almost too good to be true...so I'm not going to count the chickens before they hatch.

Thig Lyfe
04-09-2009, 03:49 PM
This really seems to open up the spots for Henry and Stephenson. That would be really weird because they play the same position, but you can't have enough talent I guess.

PG Collins
SG Henry
SF Stephenson
PF Morris
C Aldrich

holy shiat

Holy shiat, indeed.

CoMoChief
04-09-2009, 03:52 PM

PG Collins
SG Henry
SF Stephenson
PF Morris Robinson
C Aldrich

holy shiat

FYP

doomy3
04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
You get 13 scholarships, and here is what it currently looks like:

Scholarships...for next year

1-Sherron (Sr.)
2-Little (Sr.)
3-Cole (Jr.)
4-Reed (Jr.)
5-Morningstar (Jr.)
6-Marcus (So.)
7-Markieff (So.)
8-Tyshawn (So.)
9-Travis (So.)

Next years recruits:
10-E. Johnson
11-T. Robinson
12-J. Withey

and possibly:
13- X or Lance

I don't see how we can get both Lance and X unless we have someone else transfer, or Sherron or Cole go pro.

KC_Connection
04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
This is outstanding news, BTW.

FWIW, though, we were already one scholarship too many with the current recruits, so there is still a good chance we only get one of the guys we are recruiting unless there is someone else leaving/going pro/giving up a scholarship

Okay...that makes more sense. Releford could always transfer I suppose if they really wanted to make room.

CoMoChief
04-09-2009, 04:06 PM

1-Sherron (Sr.)
2-Little (Sr.)
3-Cole (Jr.)
4-Reed (Jr.)
5-Morningstar (Jr.)
6-Marcus (So.)
7-Markieff (So.)
8-Tyshawn (So.)
9-Travis (So.)

Next years recruits:
10-E. Johnson
11-T. Robinson
12-J. Withey

and possibly:
13- X or Lance

I don't see how we can get both Lance and X unless we have someone else transfer, or Sherron or Cole go pro.

Either way that team is loaded. esp if KU landed both Lance and X

BWillie
04-09-2009, 04:08 PM
WTF is Orton considering KU. Even if someone gives up a schollie. Why would you want to come here? As much as I hate the Morris twins, they are going to get priority and probably get minutes over the others just because they have a year on the frosh.

Our bigs are....Cole, Kief, Marcus, Withey, Robinson. Where is he gonna go? Does HCBC know something we don't? Like if Cole is going pro. Orton is probably our back up plan if Cole goes pro, that's my guess.

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 04:11 PM

1-Sherron (Sr.)
2-Little (Sr.)
3-Cole (Jr.)
4-Reed (Jr.)
5-Morningstar (Jr.)
6-Marcus (So.)
7-Markieff (So.)
8-Tyshawn (So.)
9-Travis (So.)

Next years recruits:
10-E. Johnson
11-T. Robinson
12-J. Withey

and possibly:
13- X or Lance

If morningstars dad pays his, there is another one, but looking at that roster, there aren't enough touches to go aound. I doubt we get X and lance.
Posted via Mobile Device

bluehawkdoc
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM
According to one of the KU sites, Self is on a plane to Memphis. Hope this means X & CJ are coming back with him.

KC_Connection
04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
According to one of the KU sites, Self is on a plane to Memphis. Hope this means X & CJ are coming back with him.
Don't think X is in Memphis. CJ definitely is.

bluehawkdoc
04-09-2009, 04:42 PM
You are correct, sir. My bad. It sounds like CJ is the key to getting X in Lawrence.

doomy3
04-09-2009, 04:51 PM
If morningstars dad pays his, there is another one, but looking at that roster, there aren't enough touches to go aound. I doubt we get X and lance.
Posted via Mobile Device

I heard an interview where someone asked Morningstar about his Dad paying for his tuition as has been reported, and he just kind of laughed and said that he had heard that rumor too. Definitely didn't sound like that was his or his family's idea.

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I heard an interview where someone asked Morningstar about his Dad paying for his tuition as has been reported, and he just kind of laughed and said that he had heard that rumor too. Definitely didn't sound like that was his or his family's idea.

Maybe HCBS hasn't told him about it yet.

ROYC75
04-09-2009, 05:12 PM

PG Collins
SG Henry
SF Stephenson
PF Morris
C Aldrich

holy shiat

Very real chance if both X and Lance comes in. Then the next year we have to reload because we lose 4 players.

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Very real chance if both X and Lance comes in. Then the next year we have to reload because we lose 4 players.

Maybe not. The only one and doner we've had is that Pekka guy. Even Wilt stayed two years.

BWillie
04-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Maybe not. The only one and doner we've had is that Pekka guy. Even Wilt stayed two years.

Well you kinda used to have to red shirt back then

BWillie
04-09-2009, 05:29 PM

Per Rivals.com Self is flying out to talk to CJ. CJ is the key. Think he's trying to persuade him that KU really wants him, and just isn't in it for the Henry packaged deal. Sounds like CJ just wants to be told he's wanted individually as well.

Dave Lane
04-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Holy bejeezus!

Reaper16
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I hate you lucky fucks.

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I hate you lucky fucks.

Luck is the residue of design.

DaWolf
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Bill Self is driven to win championships, and win them at Kansas...

Reaper16
04-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Luck is the residue of design.
Kansas didnt' design for Calipari to leave Memphis and rape them of their recruiting class.

Reaper16
04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Bill Self is driven to win championships, and win them at Kansas...
And bacon tastes great. You know, while we're on the apparent subject of obvious shit.

BWillie
04-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I open the window and a breeze comes in and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

At the end of sixth sense when Bruce Willis was dead and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

When Bill Self got on a plane to go to Memphis and got X and CJ to declare I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Kansas didnt' design for Calipari to leave Memphis and rape them of their recruiting class.

But he was right there to take advantage of it. Where was Anderson?

teedubya
04-09-2009, 06:06 PM
and then I jizzed in my pants.

God, thank you... thank you for allowing me to become a Jayhawks fan. Thank you. OMG... I love this fucking college.

Tiger's Fan
04-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd rather have Appleton than Reed or Morningstar.

BWillie
04-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Fail.

Maybe under the right circumstances. But Reed and Morningstar fill their role. They are shooters that play scrappy defense.

If we didn't have Taylor, Appleton probably would of got more time so we had another slasher. Have you seen Appleton shoot in warm ups? I've never seen a guy shoot so bad in warm ups, now how that translates to the real time game is hard to say since we didn't get a good sample of him this year. But I'd say chances are he's a atrocious shooter.

KC Jones
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
This thread scared the hell out of me. I thought I was going to read that both Collins and Aldrich had decided to go pro.

Reaper16
04-09-2009, 07:22 PM
But he was right there to take advantage of it. Where was Anderson?
Uhm, not at fucking Kansas? You're not going to get anyone to argue that MU is a better basketball school than KU, nor will anyone claim that Anderson is the recruiter that Self is.

NFL16
04-09-2009, 07:32 PM

Yes, but they do obviously have a winning tradition they designed which allowed them to beat out other schools to be the next choice on those players' lists.

the Talking Can
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
the only hang up for X to KU seems to be getting the NCAA to allow CJ to play this year....it's being petitioned right now....

pending a successful outcome, the brothers will be at KU...if not, it appears there is a small chance X would elect to play at memphis with his brother...

i have no sources, just surfing the various sites...

CoMoChief
04-09-2009, 07:45 PM
the only hang up for X to KU seems to be getting the NCAA to allow CJ to play this year....it's being petitioned right now....

pending a successful outcome, the brothers will be at KU...if not, it appears there is a small chance X would elect to play at memphis with his brother...

i have no sources, just surfing the various sites...

As of Apr 5th Henry's dad said that Xavier wants to be a Jayhawk. that's what it said on espnu insider.

DeezNutz
04-09-2009, 07:46 PM
How good is C.J.?

It seems like his biggest (and only) asset is his brother, aside from his Range Rover of course. Does the other Henry have any game?

the Talking Can
04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
How good is C.J.?

It seems like his biggest (and only) asset is his brother, aside from his Range Rover of course. Does the other Henry have any game?

he hasn't played ball in 3 years....i don't see anyway he cracks the lineup..

but the brothers seem really, really "close"....so whatever it takes to get X

Reerun_KC
04-09-2009, 07:57 PM

This!

DeezNutz
04-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Fuck it. Make him a coach and call it good.

Mr. Plow
04-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I saw something today that both Aldrich & Collins are leaning towards coming back......I can't explain my excitement.

DeezNutz
04-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I saw something today that both Aldrich & Collins are leaning towards coming back......I can't explain my excitement.

Harder decision for Aldrich. Sure Collins started leaning when he learned he's a 2nd rounder at best, which makes the call pretty easy.

Mr. Plow
04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
This is what it was like.......

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Mr. Plow
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I open the window and a breeze comes in and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

At the end of sixth sense when Bruce Willis was dead and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

When Bill Self got on a plane to go to Memphis and got X and CJ to declare I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

Damnit.....I didn't see you took my idea.

ArrowheadHawk
04-09-2009, 08:41 PM
We haven't gotten anybody yet. I hope this changes soon. Come on Down X, CJ, Stephenson and/or Wall.

Pants
04-09-2009, 08:45 PM
We haven't gotten anybody yet.

Word. There's too much JIMP going around for what amounts to nothing as of right now. Let's get the boys first and then JITP.

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 08:47 PM
This thread scared the hell out of me. I thought I was going to read that both Collins and Aldrich had decided to go pro.

I thought the same thing. Almost started crying at work...

Word. There's too much JIMP going around for what amounts to nothing as of right now. Let's get the boys first and then JITP.

Truth.

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Hey, Metrolike, are you still attending KU or did you graduate?

Pants
04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey, Metrolike, are you still attending KU or did you graduate?

I dropped out and made 18 million dollars.

Buehler445
04-09-2009, 08:54 PM

Can I borrow a hundred grand?

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM

I just believe the dropped out part.

Pants
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
I just believe the dropped out part.

Check PM, old man winter.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Harder decision for Aldrich. Sure Collins started leaning when he learned he's a 2nd rounder at best, which makes the call pretty easy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4053508&name=katz_andy

Cole Aldrich, C, So., Kansas

Likely draft position: Lottery.

Impact: If Aldrich returns, the Jayhawks have a legit chance to start the season No. 1 and win the title. So far the Jayhawks anticipate he will come back next season. Aldrich was ESPN.com's most improved player and if he continues on his upward movement he will be one of the tougher players to defend next season.

Sherron Collins, G, Jr., Kansas

Likely draft position: Second round.

Impact: There's not enough buzz on Collins for him to seriously consider leaving. He should come back and if he does, the Jayhawks have the look of a champion two years removed from claiming the title.

DeezNutz
04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4053508&name=katz_andy

Cole Aldrich, C, So., Kansas

Likely draft position: Lottery.

Impact: If Aldrich returns, the Jayhawks have a legit chance to start the season No. 1 and win the title. So far the Jayhawks anticipate he will come back next season. Aldrich was ESPN.com's most improved player and if he continues on his upward movement he will be one of the tougher players to defend next season.

Sherron Collins, G, Jr., Kansas

Likely draft position: Second round.

Impact: There's not enough buzz on Collins for him to seriously consider leaving. He should come back and if he does, the Jayhawks have the look of a champion two years removed from claiming the title.

I was Katz's source.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I was Katz's source.

lol I just like seeing the words like title and national champion.

Skip Towne
04-09-2009, 10:16 PM

Then we would only have Collins as a three shooter. We would get zoned to death.

Lzen
04-10-2009, 07:52 AM
CJ definitely won't get a scholarship. There is no reason, the Yankees pay his tuition.

Can someone explain to me how this works? I would think this would be a violation of NCAA rules.

I didn't know Appleton was a Jr this past year. Was he a Juco transfer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, Appleton was a JUCO transfer.

1-Sherron (Sr.)
2-Little (Sr.)
3-Cole (Jr.)
4-Reed (Jr.)
5-Morningstar (Jr.)
6-Marcus (So.)
7-Markieff (So.)
8-Tyshawn (So.)
9-Travis (So.)

Next years recruits:
10-E. Johnson
11-T. Robinson
12-J. Withey

and possibly:
13- X or Lance

Rumor is that Morningstar might pay his own tuition. Of course, that could just be BS. Also, Releford may consider transferring. Personally, I hope he sticks around. I think he has some good talent and has shown it in flashes. Kind of a Brandon Rush Lite.

First, Kansas and Memphis were neck and neck in the recruitment of Xavier Henry. His dad went to KU. Many of us KU fans thought that gave us the edge. But Calipari got his brother and then X decided it would be easier for his whole family to see their games if they were playing at the same school. But make no mistake, X really, really likes KU and has said it multiple times. Sometimes things just open up like this. You just have to be ready and willing to take advantage of it.

Sry about that. I guess I should have thought about that aspect when I was creating the title.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10154167

Now the recruiting as well as rumors continue for the country's top high school player. Henry's situation is a little more complicated because he and brother C.J. want to play on the same team. C.J. walked-on and medical-redshirted at Memphis, but was ready to play next season. If he transfers, he has to sit-out a year, according to NCAA rules.

"I didn't care a bit about playing with him - I always thought it'd be cool and stuff," Xavier Henry said. "Then once I got a chance to think about it and think my family would stay together and we would play together, that was 90-95% of my priority - playing with my brother."

The pair could be playing together at Kansas, Kentucky or Memphis next season. Both parents went to KU and Carl played basketball there.

"That would be my dream to have them play at Kansas," Carl Henry said. "But if they choose something different, they choose it, not me."
"That'd be my mom, dad, aunt, if my brother can get out of his thing with his stuff to deal with, that'd be like my whole family going to KU," Xavier Henry said. "I'm sure it'd be a big tradition, but I don't know, we'll have to see."

(http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10154167)

ArrowheadHawk
04-10-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm ready for recruiting to be over. It reminds me of when the Chiefs hired Pioli. Lots of articles with very little information.

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm ready for recruiting to be over. It reminds me of when the Chiefs hired Pioli. Lots of articles with very little information.
Posted via Mobile Device

Truth. Shit, I'm ready for the season to start!!!

Braincase
04-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I'd still look for Morningstar to switch to walk-on status to free up another scholly. He's a dedicated Jayhawk, and his folks can swing a couple of years of tuition. It's not like he has to have a dorm room...

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I'd still look for Morningstar to switch to walk-on status to free up another scholly. He's a dedicated Jayhawk, and his folks can swing a couple of years of tuition. It's not like he has to have a dorm room...

Optimally, that's what would happen. His dad is a big booster anyways.

If it doesn't happen, I would anticipate that it would be because they don't want to bring any negative publicity to the University. It is perfectly legal, parents are paying a kid's education, but you know some media outlet will try to spin it.
Posted via Mobile Device

kepp
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Truth. Shit, I'm ready for the season to start!!!

Slow down...don't forget about football season. Oh, wait...

ArrowheadHawk
04-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Slow down...don't forget about football season. Oh, wait...KU has a damn good chance to win the North this year.

Brock
04-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Slow down...don't forget about football season. Oh, wait...

What, is it already time for the annual Mizzou fan's "we think we're better than we really are" meltdown?

Mr. Plow
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/98594-stephenson-to-pick-kansas-or-st-johns

Stephenson to pick Kansas or St. John's (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/98594-stephenson-to-pick-kansas-or-st-johns)

<dl class="item-stats"><dt class="views_bug">Views</dt><dd class="views_count">837</dd><dt class="comment_bug">Comments</dt><dd class="comment_count">10</dd></dl>

06:49 AM ET 04.10
<!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON BEGIN --> Share (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php)<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js"></script> <!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON END -->
Print It (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/98594-stephenson-to-pick-kansas-or-st-johns#)
My T&R (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/mine)

Kansas (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/6309) coach Bill Self is expected to drop in on Lincoln High School star Lance Stephenson at his home in Coney Island on Friday, and the 6-6 guard is planning to make an official visit to St. John's at some point over the weekend, a source told the Daily News. Stephenson is then expected to finally decide between Kansas (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/6309) and St. John's in an official commitment announcement - possibly at his high school - early next week. Sources still are saying that Stephenson's first choice is Kansas (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/6309), but the Coney Island product may wind up signing with St. John's by default. That's because Stephenson is still waiting on Xavier Henry - a 6-6 guard from Oklahoma City who is ESPN's No.1-ranked player in the country - to make his official commitment. Reports continue to indicate that Henry wants to play for Kansas (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/6309) and it's widely believed the Jayhawks would make an offer to him over Stephenson.
New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2009/04/09/2009-04-09_lance_stephenson_plans_to_visit_st_johns.html)

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know what choosing St John will do to his draft stock?

I know he will get more minutes and a lot more touches, but are there any other aspects of St Johns that could affect his draft stock?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2009/04/derby-festival-practice.html

A few early notes from the Kentucky Derby Festival practice:

Swarmed by media, Daniel Orton said he's still planning on attending Kentucky. He has talked to coach John Calipari and said the coach was "real interested in me." He went on to say "in my heart I still feel like I want to go to Kentucky. I like Kentucky. But we just have to open our options. Right now, if anything it's Kansas and Kentucky." When asked if open back up means is he open to being recruited by other schools he said, "I'm signed with Kentucky so mainly right now I'm still with Kentucky."

the Talking Can
04-10-2009, 10:55 AM

that's a zombie rumor

it is never going to happen

KC_Connection
04-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Can someone explain to me how this works? I would think this would be a violation of NCAA rules.

Part of his pro contract with the Yankees included a clause that said they would pay for his tuition in university.

KC_Connection
04-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know what choosing St John will do to his draft stock?

I know he will get more minutes and a lot more touches, but are there any other aspects of St Johns that could affect his draft stock?
Posted via Mobile Device

His draft stock will be fine in St. Johns. He'll score a lot of points for them, and make the NBA in one year.

KC_Connection
04-10-2009, 11:30 AM
In fact, I think the only reason he hasn't declared at Kansas is because he doesn't want to share the ball with Henry. The NBA is the ultimate goal for him here.

Pants
04-10-2009, 11:32 AM
In fact, I think the only reason he hasn't declared at Kansas is because he doesn't want to share the ball with Henry. The NBA is the ultimate goal for him here.

His dad said as much.

ArrowheadHawk
04-10-2009, 11:41 AM
His dad said as much.His dad also wants to get him out of New York.

Pants
04-10-2009, 11:46 AM
His dad also wants to get him out of New York.

Yes, he does, but I think Lance's NBA stock is a little bit more important to him than getting his son out of New York. He said if Collins stays and we get Henry, he doesn't know why Lance would be going to KU (loosely paraphrased).

Lzen
04-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Part of his pro contract with the Yankees included a clause that said they would pay for his tuition in university.

So how can he play basketball in college (amateur sport) if he is already getting paid to play baseball (pro sport) with the Yankees? I thought the NCAA would have rules against this. Not that I care. It just seems that the NCAA is pretty strict on this stuff.

Spicy McHaggis
04-10-2009, 01:39 PM
So how can he play basketball in college (amateur sport) if he is already getting paid to play baseball (pro sport) with the Yankees? I thought the NCAA would have rules against this. Not that I care. It just seems that the NCAA is pretty strict on this stuff.

I'm not sure how it works but it's not unheard of. We had a guy on our team that had played minor league ball for somebody and I'm pretty sure one of Texas defensive backs had the same deal going on this year.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

...I didn't wan't to start a thread about this. But I go to school at the University of Minnesota (...I'm a KU undergrad).....but anyway, one of my classmates is friends with Blake Hoffarber of the Gophers BB team. Apparently Hoffarber (sp.) and Cole are close, and Hoffarber was telling my classmate that Cole is leaning towards going Pro. I am not buying into it until it is reported, but just interesting cuz my buddy isn't one to make this stuff up. He is a hockey fan...so I am just saying. Take it as you wish.

kepp
04-10-2009, 01:48 PM
KU has a damn good chance to win the North this year.

Funny thing though...I'm hearing from more and more people that they expect the Nubs to win the north this year. I have NO idea how they're coming up with that. They could be a solid third though.

kepp
04-10-2009, 01:50 PM

...I didn't wan't to start a thread about this. But I go to school at the University of Minnesota (...I'm a KU undergrad).....but anyway, one of my classmates is friends with Blake Hoffarber of the Gophers BB team. Apparently Hoffarber (sp.) and Cole are close, and Hoffarber was telling my classmate that Cole is leaning towards going Pro. I am not buying into it until it is reported, but just interesting cuz my buddy isn't one to make this stuff up. He is a hockey fan...so I am just saying. Take it as you wish.

It would not break my heart if he went pro.

ArrowheadHawk
04-10-2009, 01:52 PM
So how can he play basketball in college (amateur sport) if he is already getting paid to play baseball (pro sport) with the Yankees? I thought the NCAA would have rules against this. Not that I care. It just seems that the NCAA is pretty strict on this stuff.As long as it is not the same sport the NCAA doesn't give a damn.

ArrowheadHawk
04-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Funny thing though...I'm hearing from more and more people that they expect the Nubs to win the north this year. I have NO idea how they're coming up with that. They could be a solid third though.So who is gonna be 2nd? MU. ROFL

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Funny thing though...I'm hearing from more and more people that they expect the Nubs to win the north this year. I have NO idea how they're coming up with that. They could be a solid third though.

I think it is the vast VAST improvement they made under polini in a year. If they make similar gains they could do well.

It is very unlikely that they make that level of gain again. Their defense is still pretty soft and they are going to be breaking in a new qb. It will be interesting. I know polini can coach. I'm interested to see how he recruits.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
04-10-2009, 01:57 PM
It would not break my heart if he went pro.

It would mine, but purely from a fan standpoint. In honesty I would be very happy for the kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
04-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Fuck it, get Orton in here.

ArrowheadHawk
04-10-2009, 02:11 PM
It would mine, but purely from a fan standpoint. In honesty I would be very happy for the kid.
Posted via Mobile DeviceYeah. Chance for a title or be a millionare when you already have a tile? Win win type of decision.

kepp
04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
So who is gonna be 2nd? MU. ROFL

NE lost as many contibutors as MU did this offseason. We're both breaking in new QBs but ours is rated much higher. Plus they lost more on the OL than we did. I don't think they will beat us this year.

BTW...any word on the Crawford/Luiken (sp?) incident?

Pants
04-10-2009, 02:20 PM
NE lost as many contibutors as MU did this offseason. We're both breaking in new QBs but ours is rated much higher. Plus they lost more on the OL than we did. I don't think they will beat us this year.

Nobody gives a shit about Nebraska football in this thread. Go start your own.

ArrowheadHawk
04-10-2009, 02:33 PM

BTW...any word on the Crawford/Luiken (sp?) incident?And it's the KU fans that hijack threads...

KU is the clear favorite to win the North Division.

kepp
04-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Nobody gives a shit about Nebraska football in this thread. Go start your own.

Interesting that I was responding to a kU fan's post then.