PDA

View Full Version : Football Schedules out Tuesday in Primetime

Coogs
04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
From ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4056077

Updated: April 9, 2009, 3:39 PM ET
NFL schedule set for releaseComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

The NFL draft is three weeks away. Next Tuesday, fans will find out when they'll get to see their teams' draft picks for the first time.

The NFL schedule will be released Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET, in prime time for the first time. The entire 2009 regular-season schedule, including sites and times for all 256 regular-season games, will be released.

The NFL earlier announced Week 1's prime-time games and Thanksgiving Day games. The Steelers will host the Titans on Thursday, Sept. 10, in the season opener. The opening Sunday night game will feature the the 178th meeting between the Bears and Packers, in Green Bay on Sunday night, Sept. 13.

The Monday night doubleheader on ESPN on Sept. 14 will feature Buffalo, with Terrell Owens, at New England, with, the Patriots hope, a returning Tom Brady. That game will be followed by San Diego at Oakland -- all original AFL franchises.

The Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions get to keep their traditional Thanksgiving hosting slots.

The Lions go back to meeting the Packers that day, a matchup that occurred every year from 1951 to '63 and will happen for the 19th time. The Raiders will be at the Cowboys following that, and the NFL Network night game will feature the New York Giants at Denver.

The NFL's exhibition season begins Aug. 9 in Canton, Ohio, where the Buffalo Bills will play the Tennessee Titans in the Pro Football Hall of Fame game. The Cowboys will play for the first time in their new $1.1 billion stadium Aug. 21, facing the Titans.

Buck
04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Smart Idea.

This way they'll get more ratings than if it was lets say women's bowling.

Coogs
04-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Smart Idea.

This way they'll get more ratings than if it was lets say women's bowling.

I'll watch. :shrug:

04-09-2009, 05:19 PM
still pisses me off that the Raiders keep getting primetime games.

Soupnazi
04-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Why? I always get a chuckle out of watching them embarrass themselves in front of an unusually large audience.

Denver Dave
04-09-2009, 05:39 PM

Why? The NFC East games just don't do it for me. Neither does the traditionless NFC West. The Raiders never fail to pique my interest.

bowener
04-09-2009, 05:47 PM
How long (weeks or seasons) until we play a meaningful night game?

bowener
04-09-2009, 05:52 PM

They know death, humiliation, and carnage get ratings, and they typically get 2 of the 3 from the Raiders. If they show them often enough, they just might catch Al Davis dying in his booth on camera, and that would be the ratings topper they crave so much.

Nzoner
04-09-2009, 09:58 PM

It's only because they're the 2nd game of a doubleheader and that game has to be played on the West Coast,still,they could mix it up for once and give us the 49er's-Seahawks

04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
The only time I give a crap about the Raiders is when they are playing the Chiefs.

Mr. Kotter
04-09-2009, 11:23 PM
How long (weeks or seasons) until we play a meaningful night game?

October, 2010.

We'll have an idea of whether Haley is Hank Stram or Frank Ganz/Herm Edwards.

Reerun_KC
04-09-2009, 11:51 PM
How long will we be punished for Martys Monday Night Meltdown?

Warrior5
04-10-2009, 05:23 AM
They know death, humiliation, and carnage get ratings, and they typically get 2 of the 3 from the Raiders. If they show them often enough, they just might catch Al Davis dying in his booth on camera, and that would be the ratings topper they crave so much.

Rep. Not to mention the "Jerry Springer" effect whenever the cameras pan the crowd... you keep scratching your head wondering how low humans can devolve, yet you can't turn your eyes away.

MahiMike
04-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Quite an amazing product those NFL guys have. Next will be a uni fashion show. jeez.

MatriculatingHank
04-10-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm very interested in finding out the Chiefs play on opening day.
Here are 2 theories that I found posted elsewhere:

(1) Anybody with half a brain already knows the Chiefs' home-opener is going to be at Arrowhead against the Dallas Cowboys in honor of Lamar Hunt and Jack Steadmen. I heard it on a radio show because the Chiefs' and Dallas have both been around for fifty years and this being the centennial year it was a no brainer.

And the reply to that........

(2) It will not be a Chiefs/Cowboys home opener. The reasons:

The Broncos will be playing at home opening weekend and they MUST play an NFC opponent due to CBS not being able to carry a late game that day. The only teams they have to play are Browns, Cowboys, and Giants (due to MLB schedules and teams that must play on the road/at home). The Browns can't play there because they're in the AFC. That leaves Cowboys and Giants. Giants will be playing in Washington because the Redskins possible opponents are St. Louis and the Giants. The Rams are going to have to stay on the West Coast (49ers or Seahawks) because of the same reasons above (MLB and evening home and away). That leaves one team for the Broncos... the Cowboys.
Which leaves one team for the Chiefs.. the Browns.

Anyone care to comment?.....

whoman69
04-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Hell, if that happened I'd make it into my screen saver.

Mile High Mania
04-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm very interested in finding out the Chiefs play on opening day.
Here are 2 theories that I found posted elsewhere:

(1) Anybody with half a brain already knows the Chiefs' home-opener is going to be at Arrowhead against the Dallas Cowboys in honor of Lamar Hunt and Jack Steadmen. I heard it on a radio show because the Chiefs' and Dallas have both been around for fifty years and this being the centennial year it was a no brainer.

And the reply to that........

(2) It will not be a Chiefs/Cowboys home opener. The reasons:

The Broncos will be playing at home opening weekend and they MUST play an NFC opponent due to CBS not being able to carry a late game that day. The only teams they have to play are Browns, Cowboys, and Giants (due to MLB schedules and teams that must play on the road/at home). The Browns can't play there because they're in the AFC. That leaves Cowboys and Giants. Giants will be playing in Washington because the Redskins possible opponents are St. Louis and the Giants. The Rams are going to have to stay on the West Coast (49ers or Seahawks) because of the same reasons above (MLB and evening home and away). That leaves one team for the Broncos... the Cowboys.
Which leaves one team for the Chiefs.. the Browns.

Anyone care to comment?.....

I live in Dallas and while some of this may have been speculation, word a few weeks ago on one of the local radio talk shows was week 1 - Cowboys @ Broncos.