PDA

View Full Version : Life Key West and no luggage

runnercyclist
04-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Well we are in Key West, arrived last night. No luggage...yet.

Gonna rent some bikes and scope out the island.

RealSNR
04-12-2009, 07:49 AM
I suggest going to Marathon or one of the other less crowded keys.

MahiMike
04-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Who needs luggage? You're in the KEYS!!! Lucky dog.

RJ
04-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Luggage is way overrated, all it does is slow you down.

Rain Man
04-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Why did you not bring luggage?

StcChief
04-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Carry on.

SAUTO
04-12-2009, 10:38 AM
wow sucks to be you

Otter
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Go for a swim or turn your underwear inside out. Why are you posting on a BB when you're in Key West?

RealSNR
04-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Go for a swim or turn your underwear inside out. Why are you posting on a BB when you're in Key West?The Chiefs just signed Zach Thomas and you're telling him to stay AWAY from the Planet???? He needs updates!

Mr. Plow
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Why are you posting on a BB when you're in Key West?

I'd like to know that as well.

dtebbe
04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Hopefully the seaweed has not shown up yet. We always go to the keys in the Summer and the beaches are always full of nasty stinking seaweed. Downtown key west reminds me a lot of a somewhat cleaner bourbon street.

DT

Gracie Dean
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
hopefully you get your luggage soon and it is not lost

StcChief
04-12-2009, 08:24 PM
just in case wash you today clothes in sink let 'em dry overnite over shower curtain bar.

petegz28
04-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Did they charge you for the bags?

Crush
04-12-2009, 08:29 PM
No luggage? It is a bold strategy, but I think it might work out for you.

runnercyclist
04-13-2009, 04:40 AM
The Chiefs just signed Zach Thomas and you're telling him to stay AWAY from the Planet???? He needs updates!

This!

runnercyclist
04-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Why did you not bring luggage?

US Scareways lost it! We have accumulated $300 in concession $$$. WE had two carry ons with most of the important stuff. Missing camera, towels, changes of clothes, etc.

runnercyclist
04-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Did they charge you for the bags?

Yep $30

runnercyclist
04-13-2009, 04:52 AM
This is certainly not inhibiting fun. Saturday night we got hammered at the Resort bar while the kiddies played in the pool. Yesterday we rented bikes and rode around the entire island, ate some incredible Cuban food, did some clothes shopping, aquariums and museums, and found some tasty seafood at Alonzo's.

Today I'm up early catching up on the news. (Nice work Navy Seals, and too bad for Kenny Perry!). Waiting on the breakfast buffet to open. Today,we are going to the Zach (Thomas?) beach and do some additional shopping with the 3 Bills US Scareways is giving us, tomorrow we are going Parasailing, snorkling, riding waverunners, etc and Wednesday we are taking a speed boat to the Dry Tortugas for snorkling and beach.

No plan for Thursday and Friday yet.

BTW it is nice here! Beaches aren't "all that" but it is beautiful and the people are super friendly. We are impressed with the Doubletree Grand Key Resort. Highly recommended.

Although I'd recommend flying down here on something other than US Scareways! Keep those free agent signings coming!

beach tribe
04-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Do the Duvall Crawl baby, and next time, go during fantasy fest.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=195181

Lzen
04-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Just got back last Tuesday from Florida. We spent the previous Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Key West. It was beautiful there and we had a great time. Went down there with our good friends who live in Lakeland, Florida.

We rented a couple of 2 person scooters. That was the best way to get around for us. Our hotel was really nice but it was a mile or two away from Duval St. Only way you would be able to park anyways as it is impossible to find car parking down there.

Lots of cigar shops around. If you're into that kind of thing, I would recommend you avoid the ones that have 'fresh' sticks as you really want aged. There is one place off the main street that has a walk in humidor. That is the only place there to get them, IMO.

We did snorkeling one day. I wasn't too sure about it at first but I gotta say that it was pretty awesome. And I would recommend that to anyone that goes down there. Saw a few sting rays down there, too. It was really cool. Got some pics with a cheap underwater camera but they didn't turn out real well.

Oh, and be sure to get a pic (when they get your luggage to you) of your family at that big candy corn (as my friend calls it). The place that says the southernmost point of the continental US - 90 miles to Cuba.

We walked the beach one night but I gotta say that Key West is not a destination for beaches. It's more like Mardi Gras. There are plenty of good beaches in Florida. This was not one of them.

kcbubb
04-13-2009, 08:01 AM
what do you think about the chickens??? for those of you who haven't been to the keys. a few chickens roam the streets. it is pretty comical.

also, I highly recommend the hogfish bar. it's more of a locals dive. really cool place. it's in stock island.

http://www.hogfishbar.com/

enjoy the keys.

Lzen
04-13-2009, 08:37 AM
what do you think about the chickens??? for those of you who haven't been to the keys. a few chickens roam the streets. it is pretty comical.

also, I highly recommend the hogfish bar. it's more of a locals dive. really cool place. it's in stock island.

http://www.hogfishbar.com/

enjoy the keys.

Huh. Don't think I ever saw a chicken.

I would recommend the world famous No Name Pub (not sure which key) if you can find it.

kcbubb
04-13-2009, 10:21 AM
some people in the city are trying to get rid of the chickens. they are protected by the city. I think they view a chicken as a bird and it is protected like a bird sanctuary or something.

http://keywestchickens.com/welcome.php

TrebMaxx
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Reminds me of my trip to St. Johns. When we arrived at the airport out of a party of 8 I was the only one with luggage missing in action. Spent the 7 days there with one pair of shorts and 3 shirts of which I bought 2 and also bought some underwear. Found out it was no problem, made me feel like a real beach bum the whole trip. The only problem was that all I had was a pair of flip flops to wear and by the end of the week in between my toes were rather raw. Got my luggage back when we went to the airport to leave. First thing I did was put on a pair of tennis shoes. Felt like heaven.

petegz28
04-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Yep $30

Yea, that is bullshit. I'd be asking for a refund.

runnercyclist
04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Got our luggage yesterday afternoon. Nice. After returning from Jimmy Buffet's. Had a Cheeseburger in paradise (with Heinz 57 and a cold *bottled* beer - no draft).

Took the Yankee Clipper to Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson today. Pretty cool.

Will crawl Duval tomorrow and check out all the must see pubs.

Chief Henry
04-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Got our luggage yesterday afternoon. Nice. After returning from Jimmy Buffet's. Had a Cheeseburger in paradise (with Heinz 57 and a cold *bottled* beer - no draft).

Took the Yankee Clipper to Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson today. Pretty cool.

Will crawl Duval tomorrow and check out all the must see pubs.

The food is very good at that place and the beer is very cold.

Keywest is a place we are going back too someday.