PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Biggest Box Office Bombs

Deberg_1990
04-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Come on...you know you love them.

Actually, ive always liked Ishtar. I think its pretty funny. Especially the first hour or so.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/getback-movie-flops.html

Dune (1984)
Fans of Frank Herbert's 1965 sci-fi novel "Dune" had been waiting almost 20 years for a big-screen version of the story of Paul Atreides. First, a David Lean adaptation was derailed by the unexpected 1973 death of producer Arthur P. Jacobs. The next director hired wanted to co-direct with a team he called his "seven samurais." This group of filmmaking warriors included Orson Welles, Salvador Dalí, and Hervé "da plane, da plane" Villechaize. Needless to say, that fell apart. Ridley Scott stopped by in 1979 but moved on to direct "Blade Runner" when his older brother passed away and he realized spending two-and-a-half years of his life on "Dune" probably wasn't the best idea. And then David Lynch, hot off "The Elephant Man," was hired. He had never read the Herbert novel. So imagine fans' disappointment when they finally saw the 1984 film, a confusing and gory two-hour-plus romp in the sand with a then-unknown named Kyle MacLachlan and the always boring (whether singing or acting) Sting. The soundtrack by Toto, of all bands, did not help. The film earned just over half of its $45 million budget back at the box office.

Ishtar (1987)
It seemed like a home run on paper: dashing star Warren Beatty teamed with lovable everyman Dustin Hoffman in a film directed by comedy legend Elaine May. A Hope/Crosby-esque road movie for a new generation. But production ran amok, and the budget rose to an estimated $55 million. Unfortunately, the film only made $14 million at the box office. Frankly, the movie isn't that bad. So what happened? The legend goes that David Puttnam, who came onboard as head of Columbia Pictures midway through production, spread negative stories about the film to the press prior to its release because he had personal problems with Beatty and Hoffman.

Hudson Hawk (1991)
Proving that some people are better off in front of the camera, Bruce Willis used his celebrity power to not only star in but also co-write the story for "Hudson Hawk," an over-the-top slapstick action movie. But the constant rewrites and plot changes during production showed on the screen. Add to that the bad and confusing marketing campaign that pitched the big-screen comedy in the Willis-style "Die Hard" tradition. The $65 million film pulled in only $17 million. Luckily for Bruce, his John McClane movies have done much better -- and he's been smart enough since to not write another screenplay.

Soldier (1998)
You'd think after releasing "The Postman" (Kevin Costner's post-apocalyptic "dude in a desert" flop) in 1997, Warner Bros. would have learned its lesson. But just one year later, they put out "Soldier" (Kurt Russell's post-apocalyptic "dude in a desert" flop). Kurt's main character speaks 79 words during the 99-minute movie (11 are "sir" -- he is a soldier, after all). That's about one word every 1.25 minutes. A total of 24 lines of dialogue, the longest being "Affirmative, two, report to nine and commence firing." Powerful stuff. The film reportedly cost $75 million and opened at about $6.5 million. That's about $82,500 per word.

Wild Wild West (1999)
It seems almost impossible to make Will Smith un-charismatic. Especially, one would think, if you put him in a remake of one of the most entertaining and imaginative TV shows of the '60s, "The Wild Wild West." But the Will Smith we love got lost somewhere amid a bad screenplay, overblown visual effects, and a villain with only a torso (it was, in reality, Kenneth Branagh's talent that got cut off at the waist). Even Kevin Kline and Salma Hayek couldn't help save the train wreck. Although the film cleared more than $200 million worldwide, it reportedly cost $170 million to make -- not a worthwhile profit margin by Tinseltown standards when you add in marketing costs -- and it was a critical disaster. And another movie-franchise dream died in Hollywood.

Battlefield Earth (2000)
Universally considered one of the worst films of all time, "Battlefield Earth" starred John Travolta as a lumbering, Frankenstein-like alien with dreadlocks. Heard enough? It gets worse. Scientologist Travolta's passion project was based on the first half of a novel by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. But it was such a major flop that the planned sequel (which covered the book's second half) was never made. Oh, and the fact that its production company was sued for padding the budget by $31 million and went bankrupt didn't help matters. So even though the $75 million film actually cost only $44 million, its $21 million U.S. box-office tally was still not good news.

The Adventures of Pluto Nash (2002)
The outer-space comedy had been in development for about 15 years. That should have been the first warning sign. Then it sat on a shelf for two years after filming was completed. Bad sign #2. The film's star Eddie Murphy seemed to walk through his role, and his performance was painful, the ultimate red flag for a movie flop. The results? The $100 million picture earned a total of about $8.9 million worldwide. In absolute terms, "Pluto Nash" suffered the greatest financial loss of any film ever made. Its embarrassment was otherworldly.

Planet of the Apes (2001)
OK, so it made almost $363 million worldwide (and only cost $100 million), so by Hollywood standards it was technically a success. But to us personally it is one of the greatest mistakes in filmmaking history. We were genuinely excited when we heard our favorite childhood movie was going to be remade by one of our favorite directors, Tim Burton. Let's face it, the only thing better than a monkey movie is a TALKING monkey movie. We ordered our tickets in advance. We got in line for the best seats and excitedly devoured our popcorn before lights out. Then came Tim Burton's "Planet of the Apes." It lacked not only the charm of the original but also the charm of every other Tim Burton movie ever made. 20th Century Fox clearly agreed. Despite the film's box-office success, the previously discussed sequel never saw the light of day.

Speed Racer (2008)
We'd like to think that "Speed Racer" is proof that the Wachowski Brothers are truly overrated. Yes, yes, yes, we know they made the sci-fi bible of the new millennium, "The Matrix." But we don't have to remind you that they also made its ultra-disappointing sequels, "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions," AND they wrote "Assassins," the Sylvester Stallone/Antonio Banderas flop that would have made this list had anyone had any expectations for it. Their $120 million "Speed Racer" made only $97 million worldwide and tainted the image of one of the greatest animated TV shows of all time. The allegations of animal mistreatment didn't help, either. Chim-Chim should have taken the blue pill.

Kevin Costner: Film Flop Poster Boy
OK, it's not a movie, it's a man. Kevin Costner, the poster boy of major motion picture disappointment. First there was "Waterworld." Then he followed his Oscar-winning directorial debut, "Dances With Wolves," by helming "The Postman," which was little more than "Waterworld" in the desert. And when it finally looked like he was going to earn some indie cred, he starred in "3000 Miles to Graceland." The three films earned a total of 14 Golden Raspberry Award nominations. And Costner? He earned a Razzie nom for Worst Actor of the Century for his body of work, including "The Postman," "Waterworld," " Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," and "Wyatt Earp."

Sure-Oz
04-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Speed Racer looked sweet on Bluray, but i could only take 30 min of the movie

Reaper16
04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Speed Racer wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be based on reviews. If you watch it with the understanding that it is a kid's movie then the design and directing choices begin to make sense. In any case, its still ahead of its time, I think.

Frazod
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, I certainly agree with the No. 1 selection. There was never a medieval torture device invented that could cause David Lynch to suffer enough for inflicting that fucking turd of a movie on us. :#

And Batman and Robin should be on this list. That's definitely as bad as most mentioned here.

DeezNutz
04-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I don't mind Soldier, and Hayek's ass should be enough to keep Wild Wild West off of any negative top-10 list.

JazzzLovr
04-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, I certainly agree with the No. 1 selection. There was never a medieval torture device invented that could cause David Lynch to suffer enough for inflicting that ****ing turd of a movie on us. :#

And Batman and Robin should be on this list. That's definitely as bad as most mentioned here.

Heh I actually thought of you when I saw Dune listed. :)

Frazod
04-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Heh I actually thought of you when I saw Dune listed. :)

Most here probably did. :D

I'd seriously have to rank the day I saw that piece of crap right up there with the '98 playoff loss to Denver.

Deberg_1990
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Most here probably did. :D

I'd seriously have to rank the day I saw that piece of crap right up there with the '98 playoff loss to Denver.

heh, did you actually pay money to see that in the theater? You and those other 3 guys most feel awful now.

sportsman1
04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Kevin Costner: Film Flop Poster Boy
OK, it's not a movie, it's a man. Kevin Costner, the poster boy of major motion picture disappointment. First there was "Waterworld." Then he followed his Oscar-winning directorial debut, "Dances With Wolves," by helming "The Postman," which was little more than "Waterworld" in the desert. And when it finally looked like he was going to earn some indie cred, he starred in "3000 Miles to Graceland." The three films earned a total of 14 Golden Raspberry Award nominations. And Costner? He earned a Razzie nom for Worst Actor of the Century for his body of work, including "The Postman," "Waterworld," " Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," and "Wyatt Earp."

Thats a little harsh on Costner if you ask me.

Frazod
04-12-2009, 07:38 PM
heh, did you actually pay money to see that in the theater? You and those other 3 guys most feel awful now.

Yep. Opening night. I was young and idealistic - I never dreamed that movie would be so awful.

Frazod
04-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Thats a little harsh on Costner if you ask me.

Agreed. Personally, I liked The Postman (not a great film, but okay) and never understood the horrible rap it got. It's funny how critics can pan Postman yet collectively jiz themselves over ghastly shit like Moonstruck or Thin Red Line. IMO, both of those movies should be on this list.

Deberg_1990
04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Agreed. Personally, I liked The Postman (not a great film, but okay) and never understood the horrible rap it got. It's funny how critics can pan Postman yet collectively jiz themselves over ghastly shit like Moonstruck or Thin Red Line. IMO, both of those movies should be on this list.

Its a pile on mentality. Kind of like this board gets at times. Alot of movies get panned or flop then over time get re-evaluated. Blade Runner is one that comes to mind.

Ive even heard a few praise Heavens Gate over the years.

sportsman1
04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Thin Red Line definitely is a nominee for the list. Glad to say I haven't seen Moonstruck. Name sounds bad enough lol.

Jenson71
04-12-2009, 07:47 PM
No Terrence Malick movie should ever be even considered for a worst movies list.

kcxiv
04-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I actually liked Waterworld. I mean, its not one of my favorites or anything, but i liked it.

Frazod
04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Its a pile on mentality. Kind of like this board gets at times. Alot of movies get panned or flop then over time get re-evaluated. Blade Runner is one that comes to mind.

Ive even heard a few praise Heavens Gate over the years.

I saw Heaven's Gate years ago. Much like The Postman, it wasn't great, but was nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be.

I have NEVER once in my life personally met anybody who saw Thin Red Line and didn't hate it. There were people who either (a) quit watching after the first wretched, incomprehensible hour, or (b) wished they had quit watching after the first wretched, incomprehensible hour.

Frazod
04-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Thin Red Line definitely is a nominee for the list. Glad to say I haven't seen Moonstruck. Name sounds bad enough lol.

Moonstruck was awful. I had to be physically restrained from leaving the theater. Tried to watch it again on TV a few years later, thinking perhaps I was just having a bad day or something. Nope, it sucked shit-smeared ass.

Deberg_1990
04-12-2009, 09:36 PM
I saw Heaven's Gate years ago. Much like The Postman, it wasn't great, but was nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be.

Ive watched bits and pieces of it over the years. Its ok, but its looooong and sloooooow and i normally dont mind long movies if they are good.

Plus, it was shot horribly. Like a brown, dusty haze was hung over the lens.

Bowser
04-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Thin Red Line was god awful. Even a crazy Nick Nolte couldn't save that pile of shit.

Miles
04-12-2009, 11:16 PM
No Terrence Malick movie should ever be even considered for a worst movies list.

I might not put them on a worst of list but I just don't understand the critical praise. After seeing The Then Red Line and then The New World I came to the conclusion that I fucking hate his movies.

BWillie
04-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I actually thought Waterworld and the Postman were really good, different, and intriguing films?:shrug:

Frazod
04-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I actually thought Waterworld and the Postman were really good, different, and intriguing films?:shrug:

As far as I remember, Waterworld was a pretty blatant rip-off of Road Warrior. That was my biggest problem with it.

Gravedigger
04-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Hudson Hawk had its moments.

Jenson71
04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I might not put them on a worst of list but I just don't understand the critical praise. After seeing The Then Red Line and then The New World I came to the conclusion that I ****ing hate his movies.

I've seen both of those, and loved them, but neither of them are as great as Days of Heaven. Whereas the two you mentioned are very long and unfold at a (to me, satisfyingly) almost glacier pace, Days of Heaven is actually pretty quick, and though I haven't seen it, I think Badlands is similarly done. Please, everyone, see Days of Heaven.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-13-2009, 12:27 AM

I have NEVER once in my life personally met anybody who saw Thin Red Line and didn't hate it. There were people who either (a) quit watching after the first wretched, incomprehensible hour, or (b) wished they had quit watching after the first wretched, incomprehensible hour.

One of my friends from high school loved that movie and hated SPR.

:spock:

Hootie
04-13-2009, 12:44 AM
This doesn't really fit into this thread...but BASEketball bombed real hard in the box offices...that movie is excellent...just two years before its time. If that same movie comes out after South Park REALLY took off...oh man.

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2009, 06:51 AM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

Dick Tracy > Dune, Ishtar, Hudson Hawk, Soldier, Wild Wild West, Battlefield Earth, Adventures of Pluto Nash, Planet of the Apes, Speed Racer, AND Kevin Costner!

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2009, 06:53 AM
I might not put them on a worst of list but I just don't understand the critical praise. After seeing The Then Red Line and then The New World I came to the conclusion that I ****ing hate his movies.

Oh, man... The New World was horrible.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Robin Hood wasn't bad, and i liked dances with wolves and open range

Deberg_1990
04-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Robin Hood wasn't bad, and i liked dances with wolves and open range

Costner had a nice run there in the late 80's early 90's. Then he had a few flops and it seemed everyone came down on him for every single flop ever made.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Costner had a nice run there in the late 80's early 90's. Then he had a few flops and it seemed everyone came down on him for every single flop ever made.

I liked him in the guardian as well as Bull Durham. I don't think he's as bad as everyone thinks. Maybe they expected better movies i dunno

Deberg_1990
04-13-2009, 08:16 AM
I liked him in the guardian as well as Bull Durham. I don't think he's as bad as everyone thinks. Maybe they expected better movies i dunno

I Agree. Hes not the best actor but hes decent. Hes made some great movies:

Untouchables
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Tin Cup
Open Range
Dances with Wolves
For Love of the Game
No Way Out
The Bodyguard

People always remember the bad though....

Frazod
04-13-2009, 08:16 AM
One of my friends from high school loved that movie and hated SPR.

:spock:

Apparently your friend likes war-free war movies.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 08:17 AM

Untouchables
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Tin Cup
Open Range
Dances with Wolves
For Love of the Game
No Way Out
The Bodyguard

I forgot about Untouchables, Field of Dreams and For the love of the game, good ones as well. I need to see the other ones.

DeezNutz
04-13-2009, 08:30 AM
The thing with Costner is that he's capable of unbelievable movies, like Dances with Wolves or Bull Durham, and so the expectations surrounding him are high.

That's why the crash and subsequent fallout for a movie like Waterworld is more severe than it probably should be. Waterworld, by the way, was a complete sack of shit. Poor acting, stilted dialogue, and terrible special effects.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-13-2009, 09:06 AM
At the risk of bringing logic into this discussion . . .

This isn't a list of 'worst' movies as in production values, themes, whatever.

It's flops. Movies that either came nowhere near making their money back OR came in <b>way</b> under expected returns.

The fact that most stank had a lot to do with it, but some just fell under their own weight cash-wise.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Wild Wild West was a big load of crap, tried to watch it on HBO the other day, sorry will smith i couldn't

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Wild Wild West was a big load of crap, tried to watch it on HBO the other day, sorry will smith i couldn't

Horrible. Horrible movie.
Just horrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
04-13-2009, 09:43 AM
dune was good at ten years old. after reading the book a few times and watching the sci-fi remake....meh i still liked it.
DL made FWWM, scary motherfucker.

Deberg_1990
04-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Agreed. Its bad. Really bad....

Battlefield Earth and Pluto Nash are monumentally bad as well.

OmegaRed
04-13-2009, 10:36 AM

Untouchables
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Tin Cup
Open Range
Dances with Wolves
For Love of the Game
No Way Out
The Bodyguard

I agree with alot of these but I would also add A Perfect World. I really enjoyed that one.

SnakeXJones
04-13-2009, 10:48 AM
"Zoom" should be on this List. I watched it with my daughter and wow! Why Anybody would give Tim Allen a starting role is beyond me.

Archie Bunker
04-13-2009, 10:54 AM
I agree with alot of these but I would also add A Perfect World. I really enjoyed that one.

Good call, it's one of my favorites

Ebolapox
04-13-2009, 11:17 AM
'wild wild west' is hilariously horrible. I owned it at one point when it was in the 3.00 vhs box at sprawl-mart.

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 11:27 AM
"Zoom" should be on this List. I watched it with my daughter and wow! Why Anybody would give Tim Allen a starting role is beyond me.

Truth. There have been like FUCKING THREE of those horrid Santa Clause flicks and then one where he becomes a dog????

Are you fucking shitting me?

Is there a leading role Tim Allen has had in a film not called Home Improvements that has even been watchable?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
04-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Truth. There have been like FUCKING THREE of those horrid Santa Clause flicks and then one where he becomes a dog????

Are you fucking shitting me?

Is there a leading role Tim Allen has had in a film not called Home Improvements that has even been watchable?
Posted via Mobile Device

Galaxy Quest

DaneMcCloud
04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Planet of the Apes (2001)
Despite the film's box-office success, the previously discussed sequel never saw the light of day.

This is incorrect.

Fox is currently developing a new "Planet of the Apes" movie, based on "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes".

This movie will feature Caesar and will be the "new" beginning of "hopefully", a new series of POTA movies.

Deberg_1990
04-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Galaxy Quest

Ill second that. The best Star Trek movie never made.

CoMoChief
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Speed Racer looked sweet on Bluray, but i could only take 30 min of the movie

Take some mushrooms and watch the movie and it will blow you out of your seat.

It was the most colorful movie I've ever seen.

Buehler445
04-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Galaxy Quest

Meh. It was watchable.

It is pretty tough to hang your hat on a career in which your best movie was Galaxy Quest. Hopefully he gets no more leading gigs.
Posted via Mobile Device

SLAG
04-13-2009, 01:00 PM
4 pages and no one has mentioned "Last Action Hero" ? :shake:

Great Expectations
04-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Message in a Bottle might be the worst movie ever. I'm kind of embarassed to admit that I have seen it.

Silock
04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Robin Hood was good. Postman was good. Waterworld sucked balls.

Bowser
04-13-2009, 01:30 PM
That Dungeons and Dragons movie was pretty craptastic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-13-2009, 01:31 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rb2hxUMuP0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rb2hxUMuP0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby Lee
04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Mr. Brooks and Tthe Upside of Anger were surprisingly good as well.

blaise
04-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I hated For Love of the Game. Terrible movie.
The Postman was ok.

Cutthroat Island starring Gina Davis was a pretty big bomb.
The worst movie I've ever seen may have been Hanging Up starring Lisa Kudrow, Meg Ryan, and Diane Keaton. It is so bad you'll want to punch somebody in the face.

Baby Lee
04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, I certainly agree with the No. 1 selection. There was never a medieval torture device invented that could cause David Lynch to suffer enough for inflicting that fucking turd of a movie on us. :#

FTR, if there's ever a CP SAT, Frazod: Dune as Baby Lee:

The Answer is: Bonfire of the Vanities.

That De Palma made this AND Phantom of the Paradise, makes me wary of even the good films he's done. Broken clock and all that.

Miles
04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
FTR, if there's ever a CP SAT, Frazod: Dune as Baby Lee:

The Answer is: Bonfire of the Vanities.

That De Palma made this AND Phantom of the Paradise, makes me wary of even the good films he's done. Broken clock and all that.

You can add Black Dahlia to his list of crap.

Baby Lee
04-13-2009, 03:30 PM
You can add Black Dahlia to his list of crap.

Considering Tom Wolfe and Jame Ellroy are two of my favorite authors, and how the first effort sussed out, I haven't seen that one. Same goes if De Palma helms a Palahnuik or Eggers work.

BTW - anyone else seen the trailer for Away We Go?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mpLvUY8TUE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mpLvUY8TUE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
That Dungeons and Dragons movie was pretty craptastic.You had to know it was gonna be Sci-Fi Channel quality when they cast one of the Wayans brothers.

CoMoChief
04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
You can also add Christmas with the Kranks and Gattaca to the list of all time shitty ass movies.

BWillie
04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
The last like 10 Eddie Murphy movies. WTF is he doing in some of these things? Like that one where he was a 2 inch being controlling his robot body. WTF was that all about? The guy is too funny to keep doing these stupid movies. He should fire his agent

Bowser
04-14-2009, 11:04 PM
You can also add Christmas with the Kranks and Gattaca to the list of all time shitty ass movies.

Gattaca was pretty damned interesting, I thought. Strong cast, too.

DaneMcCloud
04-15-2009, 12:16 AM

Yeah, it was a very interesting movie and concept.

Miles
04-15-2009, 12:20 AM

Yeah I really liked that one as well. Easily one of the top sci-fi flicks out there.

CoMoChief
04-15-2009, 11:06 AM

I just absolutely hate Ethan Hawke. Always have. And I'm not a big Sci fi person. I almost walked out of that movie.

blaise
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
I just absolutely hate Ethan Hawke. Always have. And I'm not a big Sci fi person. I almost walked out of that movie.

I thought it was pretty good. It was pretty imaginative. I thought he was good in Training Day too.

Sure-Oz
04-15-2009, 12:08 PM
wtf has ethan hawke been in lately

I liked gattaca and training day

Miles
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
wtf has ethan hawke been in lately

I liked gattaca and training day

About the only thing I can think of is "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" which was pretty good.

blaise
04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
About the only thing I can think of is "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" which was pretty good.

That was pretty good. He did a good job in it too.

Jenson71
04-15-2009, 01:34 PM
If it's the one where they design their baby, then Gattaca was really good.

Otter
04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
"Artificial Intelligence"

WORST! BIG BUDGET! MOVIE! EVER!

Sure-Oz
04-16-2009, 07:22 AM

I saw that a few months back, totally forgot and yes it was a pretty good flick

L.A. Chieffan
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
eddie murphy is the new kevin costner

L.A. Chieffan
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
"Artificial Intelligence"

WORST! BIG BUDGET! MOVIE! EVER!

i liked it until the end. if they cut it about 10 minutes earlier it would have been great

L.A. Chieffan
04-16-2009, 09:37 AM
oh and btw. terrance malick can suck big floppy donkey dick. i've seen all his movies including days of heaven and all he wants to do his orgasm with his camera during the magic hour for 90 minutes. please, i can make shit look good with motorola vid-phone if i shot everything in a wheatfield during magic hour

Deberg_1990
04-16-2009, 09:39 AM
oh and btw. terrance malick can suck big floppy donkey dick. i've seen all his movies including days of heaven and all he wants to do his orgasm with his camera during the magic hour for 90 minutes. please, i can make shit look good with motorola vid-phone if i shot everything in a wheatfield during magic hour

heh. IM gonna have to mostly agree. Hes overrated and developed this "mystical cult" because he disappeared for 20 years before he made another movie.

ZepSinger
04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Raising Cane with John Lithgow. Bombed and suck so bad it was laughable. And it was a horror movie.

Z

Sure-Oz
05-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I hated For Love of the Game. Terrible movie.
The Postman was ok.

Cutthroat Island starring Gina Davis was a pretty big bomb.
The worst movie I've ever seen may have been Hanging Up starring Lisa Kudrow, Meg Ryan, and Diane Keaton. It is so bad you'll want to punch somebody in the face.

Why did you hate FTLofTG?

I actually thought it was a pretty decent flick, saw it earlier. i can kindve relate minus being a pitcher and tryin to throw a perfect game but the other stuff a bit.

DaneMcCloud
05-02-2009, 10:43 PM
eddie murphy is the new kevin costner

Shrek 1, 2, 3 & 4 (more than $100 million for Murphy)

Oh, and Mel B.

:p

blaise
05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Why did you hate FTLofTG?

I actually thought it was a pretty decent flick, saw it earlier. i can kindve relate minus being a pitcher and tryin to throw a perfect game but the other stuff a bit.

It's cornball, the flashbacks make it herky jerky, the Kelly Preston performance is an abortion, her character isn't likeable, the whole thing just stunk, in my opinion.

Mosbonian
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
It's cornball, the flashbacks make it herky jerky, the Kelly Preston performance is an abortion, her character isn't likeable, the whole thing just stunk, in my opinion.

Interesting...I actually thought it wasn't cornball., although the flashbacks make the movie hard to follow if you are ADHD.

I thought the Kelly Preston character was played fine...and quite frankly was given a bad rap. Is it a classic...no way. But it's nowhere near that bad.

mmaddog

Jerm
05-03-2009, 06:29 PM
I wonder if Watchmen would be considered a bomb?

Made about 180 mil. worldwide but cost 120 mil. to make.

Deberg_1990
05-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Interesting...I actually thought it wasn't cornball., although the flashbacks make the movie hard to follow if you are ADHD.

I thought the Kelly Preston character was played fine...and quite frankly was given a bad rap. Is it a classic...no way. But it's nowhere near that bad.

mmaddog

The general peception of that flick is:

All baseball scenes = great

All love scenes = cornball

KcMizzou
05-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I wonder if Watchmen would be considered a bomb?

Made about 180 mil. worldwide but cost 120 mil. to make.Nah... it'll make a shitload more on DVD. And if your numbers are right, it's already made money. How is that a bomb?

munkey
05-04-2009, 11:14 AM

Untouchables
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Tin Cup
Open Range
Dances with Wolves
For Love of the Game
No Way Out
The Bodyguard

I liked Fandango and Silverado...

Sure-Oz
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM

It just shows how much of a selfish dick he was really...i actually kinda felt bad for her in it. don't you remember kelly preston from twins.;)

It's ok i respect the opinion, i was just curious why

Sure-Oz
05-04-2009, 10:50 PM

mmaddog

My opinion as well, def. i guess people like it or hate it really

Miles
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
The general peception of that flick is:

All baseball scenes = great

All love scenes = cornball

It's been a while but this is how I remembered it.

Deberg_1990
05-05-2009, 07:27 AM
It's been a while but this is how I remembered it.

I did like the flashback structure of it. At least Raimi tried to be different.

It kept the suspense of the game up the entire film.

beach tribe
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Well, I certainly agree with the No. 1 selection. There was never a medieval torture device invented that could cause David Lynch to suffer enough for inflicting that ****ing turd of a movie on us. :#

I've never read the book or anything. I watched the movie HD, and was just blown away at how bad it was. I mean, It was pretty unintentionally funny, that's for sure, I laughed my ass off, but good lord.........Oh and is that Lois Inehorn??

Frazod
05-05-2009, 09:50 AM
I've never read the book or anything. I watched the movie HD, and was just blown away at how bad it was. I mean, It was pretty unintentionally funny, that's for sure, I laughed my ass off, but good lord.........Oh and is that Lois Inehorn??

Read the book. And try to forget how bad the movie was.

Burn in hell, Lynch. Burn in hell. :#

cardken
05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Hayek's ass should be enough to keep Wild Wild West off of any negative top-10 list.

This;)

cardken
05-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Costner has a bad reputation with the press in general. So he's "fair game" as far as the press is concerned. He has laid a few eggs, but overall a damn fine actor and directer, I'm a fan.:D

cardken
05-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Galaxy Quest

QFT, fantastic characterization of Shatner.

cardken
05-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Unbelievably Bad! Couldn't even watch that movie all the way through.

cardken
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Mr. Brooks and Tthe Upside of Anger were surprisingly good as well.

Good Call, Both pretty damn good!:clap:

cardken
05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
The thing with Costner is that he's capable of unbelievable movies, like Dances with Wolves or Bull Durham, and so the expectations surrounding him are high.

That's why the crash and subsequent fallout for a movie like Waterworld is more severe than it probably should be. Waterworld, by the way, was a complete sack of shit. Poor acting, stilted dialogue, and terrible special effects.

That abortion was bad, and you can hang alot of it on Costner, he executive produced and fired the director prior to completion to only try to do it himself, went way over budget and had studio financing pulled, all due to his ego. So score that one in Costner's column.

Fairplay
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Thin Red Line was god awful. Even a crazy Nick Nolte couldn't save that pile of shit.

One of the worst ever. I kept thinking it has to get better, it got worse.

Fairplay
05-05-2009, 08:39 PM

One of Hollywoods action packed but really bad movies.

Fairplay
05-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Its been on TV a few time and i could never watch just 10 minutes of that crap before changing the channel.

Deberg_1990
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Not sure if it was a Bomb, but the George Clooney "Batman and Robin" flick is downright godawful.

I watched the beginning of it the other day where they skated on ice. Wow.....just wow.

Frazod
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Not sure if it was a Bomb, but the George Clooney "Batman and Robin" flick is downright godawful.

I watched the beginning of it the other day where they skated on ice. Wow.....just wow.

THIS.

I saw that stinking turd in the theater. Right up there with Tango & Cash. What a loud, stupid, intelligence offending mess. When the movie was over, I stood up and said "THAT SUCKED!" and the other people in the audience applauded me. :D

Sure-Oz
05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
THIS.

I saw that stinking turd in the theater. Right up there with Tango & Cash. What a loud, stupid, intelligence offending mess. When the movie was over, I stood up and said "THAT SUCKED!" and the other people in the audience applauded me. :D
You know you liked the bat nipples