PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I have a feeling thread.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Okay, we all get a hunch, or a feeling that something is going to happen. Sometimes, it is logical. Sometimes it may just be hope. Since we are two weeks away from the draft, post your 'hunches' here for the draft and trades this offseason.

If you want, you can jot down your reasoning.... or not.

My first 'hunch' is that I am going to get roasted for this thread.

Second, I think DJ is going to be traded. I know the Chiefs have many underachievers, but most truly love the game of football and wear their hearts on their sleeves when it comes to the game. DJ does not strike me as someone who cares as much about football as the Chiefs want him to. Given that he has also struggled with tackling, over running plays and consistency, I think the Chiefs trade him for second or third round pick.

Third, I think the Chiefs trade down in the first round. I know that I am not the first guy to post that, but I figured I would throw it in here.

Flame away.

CupidStunt
04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Be lucky to get better than a fifth-rounder for DJ and to trade down in any capacity in the first round.

LaChapelle
Jags Trying Hard To Trade Out Of The Top Ten
Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2009, 4:42 p.m. EDT

As the 2009 draft approaches, several teams in the top ten actively are trying to trade out of it.

We’re hearing that this group includes the Lions, Chiefs, and Browns.

It also includes the Jaguars, whom we’re told are desperately trying to get out of the eighth overall spot in the draft.

But the Jags currently can find no takers.

Nor can any of the other teams in the top ten.

As one league source explained it, there are three issues making the top-ten teams want to get out, and keeping other teams from wanting to get in.

First, the money paid at the top of the draft has gotten out of hand. Even hard-core agent types who previously have argued with us about this issue are now admitting that the values of the contracts at the top of the process are too high.

Second, there’s no “bell cow” in the draft — no must-have player in the view of one or more teams.

Third, there’s no real separation between the top players at each position. For example, Michael Crabtree isn’t $20 million better than Hakeem Nicks. But if Crabtree goes within the first seven picks of the round and Nicks goes in the last ten, the dollar value of their respective contracts will entail a gap potentially that large, if not larger.

Ditto for the tackles and the quarterbacks.

So why take a guy at No. 2 when a comparable player can be gotten — for much less money — at No. 20?

In the end, this year’s experience could provide just enough ammunition to get a meaningful rookie wage scale implemented as part of the next CBA.

-------------------
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/13/jags-trying-to-trade-out-of-the-top-ten/

report response #3

Mr. Arrowhead
i have a hunch that we wont draft Curry

Mecca
04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I've made that Nicks Crabtree comparison a bunch of times...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IcsVPis1iNs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IcsVPis1iNs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DeezNutz
04-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Why would someone give a second-round pick for DJ? The invisible man is available in all draft classes.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Why would someone give a second-round pick for DJ? The invisible man is available in all draft classes.

You underestimate the ego of most coaches. DJ has all the 'measurables'. Coaches always think they can get the most out of a player.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Sanchez and Maualuga to KC.
Stafford to Detroit.

Laser that shit on steel plates, and post it in the rec-room.