PDA

View Full Version : SI: This Guy MUST be a Chiefs fan

DaneMcCloud
04-14-2009, 03:38 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/14/mail/index.html

• VERY GOOD POINT. From Joey of Kerman, Calif.: "Peter, you said that the Lions are worried that they 'may not have a chance to draft a quarterback as promising [as Matthew Stafford] in the next few years.' However, next year we should see Tim Tebow, Chase McDaniels, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford, all of whom were superstars in college, enter the draft. Why is Detroit so worried about getting a quarterback THIS year? It seems to me that if Stafford or Mark Sanchez don't seem like the perfect QB prospect, then a team should pick a player of more value at another position and wait a year for what could be a fantastic year for quarterbacks in next year's draft.''

SBK
04-14-2009, 03:59 PM
LMAO

Reaper16
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Peter's response?

-- "Great argument, even though there's much skepticism that Tebow is a top-of-the-first-round quarterback talent. Next year likely will be better for quarterbacks. But if the Lions love Stafford, they're not going to pass on him. What guarantee do they have that they'd be picking in the top five or six, or whatever number it would have to be to get one of the best two or three quarterbacks next year? We can sit here and say the Lions are destined to draft in the top three every year for the next X number of years, but as Miami showed last year, there's no guaranteeing anything these days in the NFL."

Peter King is so goddamned stupid. I mean, Chase McDaniels? C'mon. For so many reasons, c'mon.

DeezNutz
04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
ROFL

Question and response: Epic Fail.

Kyle DeLexus
04-14-2009, 04:53 PM
difficult to read....just torture

JohnnyV13
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Chase Daniel is now a McDonald's sandwich? I'm not sure he can make it in football after spending a year marketing for McDonald's.

doomy3
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Chase McDaniels

ROFL

Mecca
04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Ignoring the obvious hilarity of the McDaniel thing...

Who really thinks Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow are great prospects? Even Bradford for that matter...

Chiefnj2
04-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Ignoring the obvious hilarity of the McDaniel thing...

Who really thinks Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow are great prospects? Even Bradford for that matter...

I do. I think McCoy and Bradford are decent prospects at this point. People ripped into everything Bradford did and he went and threw some really nice balls in his bowl game. If Bradford is given some authority to call plays himself or audible this year and he does well with it, he'll be considered a definite top 5 pick. McCoy, IMO, has the 'it' factor. He's a good leader, he's accurate and gets it done.

Mecca
04-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Colt McCoy is a really good college player...I don't see the pro potential.

Chiefnj2
04-14-2009, 09:13 PM

We'll see in 4 years.

DeezNutz
04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I do. I think McCoy and Bradford are decent prospects at this point. People ripped into everything Bradford did and he went and threw some really nice balls in his bowl game. If Bradford is given some authority to call plays himself or audible this year and he does well with it, he'll be considered a definite top 5 pick. McCoy, IMO, has the 'it' factor. He's a good leader, he's accurate and gets it done.

McCoy is Croyle 2.0

Chiefnj2
04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
McCoy is Croyle 2.0

Except for the fact they are nothing alike.

RealSNR
04-14-2009, 09:58 PM
What's the difference between Colt McCoy and Jason White?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM

Yeah. Croyle has arm strength and can take snaps under center.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Sam Bradford and Tebow will be good players in the NFL one day.

DaneMcCloud
04-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Sam Bradford and Tebow will be good players in the NFL one day.

Someone.........................call..............................9.....................1........... ....1....................uh ..................................uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Any proof that they wont be?

htismaqe
04-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Any proof that they wont be?

The history of spread QB's in the NFL contains dozens of busts and no real success stories. That's not even considering some of the issues that Tebow has with mechanics, etc.

Chiefnj2
04-15-2009, 07:34 AM
The history of spread QB's in the NFL contains dozens of busts and no real success stories. That's not even considering some of the issues that Tebow has with mechanics, etc.

History doesn't favor any QB's in this years draft or guys like Bradford and McCoy.

Historically, spread QB's bust (McCoy, Bradford). Historically, 1st round QB's with less than 25 starts bust (Sanchez). Historically, first round QB's with college completion % of less than 60% bust (Stafford).

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM

Physically, they're almost identical, except Croyle is a little stouter. Ponder that.

And Croyle was more pro-ready.

Chiefnj2
04-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Physically, they're almost identical, except Croyle is a little stouter. Ponder that.

And Croyle was more pro-ready.

Croyle must be stouter than Sanchez as well.

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Croyle must be stouter than Sanchez as well.

Nice try.

McCoy: 6'3" 205
Croyle: 6'2" 206
Sanchez: 6'3" 227

Chiefnj2
04-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Nice try.

McCoy: 6'3" 205
Croyle: 6'2" 206
Sanchez: 6'3" 227

His weight ranges from 205-216 on various sites. The 205 figures are from when he first entered college. Look at any pictures of him, he isn't lanky like Croyle. He also isn't 6'3".

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 07:59 AM
His weight ranges from 205-216 on various sites. The 205 figures are from when he first entered college. Look at any pictures of him, he isn't lanky like Croyle. He also isn't 6'3".

The official TX Longhorn site has him listed at 210, now, which probably means he's a legit 205. That kid has never weighed anywhere close to 216.

Physically, I think he's too small to survive the pounding at the NFL level. As we all know from the Croyle waste of time, most successful QB's are around 230. Need the bulk to withstand the hits.

HemiEd
04-15-2009, 08:07 AM
But of course, all the rest of the fan bases are as smart as Dane.

htismaqe
04-15-2009, 08:17 AM
History doesn't favor any QB's in this years draft or guys like Bradford and McCoy.

Historically, spread QB's bust (McCoy, Bradford). Historically, 1st round QB's with less than 25 starts bust (Sanchez). Historically, first round QB's with college completion % of less than 60% bust (Stafford).

Well, the alternative is banking on Cassel, who fits definition #2.

milkman
04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
But of course, all the rest of the fan bases are as smart as Dane.

No.

Typical football fan, regardless of team loyalty, is about as bright as the proverbial monkey with his hand in the cookie jar.

Chiefnj2
04-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Well, the alternative is banking on Cassel, who fits definition #2.

Cassel wasn't a first round pick. The Lewin model doesn't apply very well to later round picks who can sit on the bench for three years. You usually can't sit a top 10 pick for more than a year.

HemiEd
04-15-2009, 08:33 AM
No.

Typical football fan, regardless of team loyalty, is about as bright as the proverbial monkey with his hand in the cookie jar.

Exactly, but of course Dane had to relate this to a Chiefs fan. Same old tired shit.

Reerun_KC
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Exactly, but of course Dane had to relate this to a Chiefs fan. Same old tired shit.

Your right, the same shit we have seen from Chiefs fans for the last 20 years...

Just once it would be nice to try a proven route to the superbowl, instead of spinning our wheels with retreads...

Buehler445
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM
OK the McDaniel thing is HILARIOUS. Absolutely fucking comedy gold. How does that make it through editing? Can nobody at SI catch any of that?

Tebow - mechanics are awful. I have better mechanics than that guy.

Bradford - of all the spread QBs has the best chance at being successful. At least relative to the other guys, appears to be more of a pocket passer. We'll see about his ability to read a defense and make throws into coverage.

McCoy - I don't think a lot of what he does translates to the NFL. At one point, he was the LEADING rusher on the team. Oh and Croyle throws tremendously better balls than McCoy. He was just born broken. McCoy does seem to have better mechanics than Tebow though.

Daniel - too small. If he has any chance at all it is as an UDFA. IMO. (Sorry MU fans. Its the same story with Reesing though).
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM

Ok this goes for Tebow. How about Bradford? They dont run a spread offense.

ChiefsCountry
04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
How about Bradford? They dont run a spread offense.

:shake:

Mecca
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Ok this goes for Tebow. How about Bradford? They dont run a spread offense.

Uh yea, they do.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I guess to be fair OU runs the spread a bit, but they have a good mix of pro formations along with spread formations. Not nearly as much spread as Tebow runs at Florida.

Mecca
04-15-2009, 01:34 PM
They are a predominate spread passing team...just because Bradford isn't running around in Meyers weird variation of the spread doesn't make it not the spread.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:37 PM
....im stuck in the 90's. nevermind.

htismaqe
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
....im stuck in the 90's. nevermind.

Yeah, Stoops runs the full-on spread. It's a variation of what was run by Florida when Stoops was the DC there.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah, Stoops runs the full-on spread. It's a variation of what was run by Florida when Stoops was the DC there.

Thanks. This was my fail-of-the-day. :thumb:

Wasnt thinking correctly.

ChiefsCountry
04-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Oklahoma's offense came from Kentucky & Hal Mumme, that was the offense that Stoops' hated to play at Florida. So he hired Mike Leach from Mumme's staff and the rest is history.

kysirsoze
04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Your right, the same shit we have seen from Chiefs fans for the last 20 years...

Just once it would be nice to try a proven route to the superbowl, instead of spinning our wheels with retreads...

I'm sure the Patriots won all those rings because the fan base was so smart.

C'mon guys!! We need to figure everything out so the Chiefs can win a superbowl!! We can make the difference!:rolleyes:

Mecca
04-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm sure the Patriots won all those rings because the fan base was so smart.

C'mon guys!! We need to figure everything out so the Chiefs can win a superbowl!! We can make the difference!:rolleyes:

The fans not being dumb is more for the benefit of those of us around here...

ChiefsCountry
04-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Out of the spread QB's, I think Bradford has the best spot at being the best. It would help if Stoops put him under center more. Actually if Stoops would go to a Pro Style Offense he could compete with USC nationally for recruits especially at QB and would have a huge advantage over Texas recruiting wise. I really dont know why he doesnt.

Mecca
04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Out of the spread QB's, I think Bradford has the best spot at being the best. It would help if Stoops put him under center more. Actually if Stoops would go to a Pro Style Offense he could compete with USC nationally for recruits especially at QB and would have a huge advantage over Texas recruiting wise. I really dont know why he doesnt.

All of the top flight QB's that have played for SC have been from Cali I highly doubt they were gonna go out to Oklahoma...

He probably figures he's better off running a scheme that makes a 3 star kid look like a million bucks than trying to convince some Cali kid or really some kid in general why he should go to Normal instead of LA.

htismaqe
04-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Oklahoma's offense came from Kentucky & Hal Mumme, that was the offense that Stoops' hated to play at Florida. So he hired Mike Leach from Mumme's staff and the rest is history.

You're right, I forgot about that.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
All of the top flight QB's that have played for SC have been from Cali I highly doubt they were gonna go out to Oklahoma...

He probably figures he's better off running a scheme that makes a 3 star kid look like a million bucks than trying to convince some Cali kid or really some kid in general why he should go to Normal instead of LA.

Chase Daniel in the Mizzou spread.

Will he even be drafted this year?

I really hope we use our last pick on Chase Patton, its worth the risk....Actually there is no risk.

DaneMcCloud
04-15-2009, 11:00 PM

Ed, with all due respect, I think you missed the Big 12 QB references, specifically the reference to "Chase McDaniels" coming out "next year" and the other Big 12 QB's mentioned.

I make no excuses for your lack of college football knowledge or for the people on Chiefsplanet that have repeatedly screamed for the drafting of Chase Daniel (in the first round!) or the other QB's mentioned.

HemiEd
04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Ed, with all due respect, I think you missed the Big 12 QB references, specifically the reference to "Chase McDaniels" coming out "next year" and the other Big 12 QB's mentioned.

I make no excuses for your lack of college football knowledge or for the people on Chiefsplanet that have repeatedly screamed for the drafting of Chase Daniel (in the first round!) or the other QB's mentioned.

Oh I get it, you meant Chiefsplanet, not Chiefs fans in general. Because, I don't think Chiefs fans in general are all about Chase Daniels. That makes more sense.
I find it tiring, that you continually bash Chiefs fans, and the team in general. They are not really much different than any other team's fans. You are close to San Diego fans, am I correct?

I know it is true of the Bear fans around here. It is all about any big 10 player, or anyone with IL roots.

RippedmyFlesh
04-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Colt McCoy=Major Applewhite
Tough guys whose teammates look(ed) up to them but not pro material.

ChiefsCountry
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
You know what is going to happen Cassel will suck balls/get hurt and we end up drafting Bradford next year.

Mecca
04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
You know what is going to happen Cassel will suck balls/get hurt and we end up drafting Bradford next year.

That would suck hard.

Thig Lyfe
04-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Isn't Chase McDanielson already in the draft this year? I'm guessing this guy was baiting King into a dumb answer.

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I find it tiring, that you continually bash Chiefs fans, and the team in general.

Well, I'm sorry I offended you but when people scream for drafting Chase Daniel in the first round, I'm going to flip them some shit. When I disagree with personnel suggestions, I'm going to voice my opposition. That's what why we're all here.

And as to the franchise, I seriously hope you aren't defending the way it was run the previous 20 years. I mean even under Marty, there was no serious threat to win anything.

The team has been pathetic. I hope that has now changed with Clark and the new regime, but I won't believe it until I see it.

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Isn't Chase McDanielson already in the draft this year? I'm guessing this guy was baiting King into a dumb answer.

I don't think so.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have chosen to display that Q&A in his column.

ChiefsCountry
04-16-2009, 05:03 PM
And as to the franchise, I seriously hope you aren't defending the way it was run the previous 20 years. I mean even under Marty, there was no serious threat to win anything.

The team has been pathetic. I hope that has now changed with Clark and the new regime, but I won't believe it until I see it.

It falls on Cassel's shoulders now. I would say it with Sanchez or Stafford as well, they got to be the guy for this franchise to be elite. I hope Cassel proves my ass wrong and make me eat alot of crow and becomes the guy.

KCrockaholic
04-16-2009, 05:16 PM
It falls on Cassel's shoulders now. I would say it with Sanchez or Stafford as well, they got to be the guy for this franchise to be elite. I hope Cassel proves my ass wrong and make me eat alot of crow and becomes the guy.

So what about Cassel do you not like? From what ive seen he has great accuracy, good arm strength and awesome intangibles. (BTW Tom Brady even admitted that Cassel has a stronger arm than himself during the season last year)

ChiefsCountry
04-16-2009, 05:57 PM
So what about Cassel do you not like? From what ive seen he has great accuracy, good arm strength and awesome intangibles. (BTW Tom Brady even admitted that Cassel has a stronger arm than himself during the season last year)

Holds on the ball too long, has to play in shotgun, 7th round pick - history not good (same could be said about Sanchez & Stafford just for ginernj2), upside isn't as high as neither of S&S, seems like another Parcells tree move, do not need to go on? Basically if you want to win multiple Super Bowls and dyntasy you need a first round guy.

milkman
04-16-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't think so.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have chosen to display that Q&A in his column.

Yes, actually, Daniel is in this draft.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56835&draftyear=2009&genpos=QB

http://www.draftseason.com/index2.php?Page_Name=PlayerProfile2&id=905

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/Chase-Daniel.php

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, actually, Daniel is in this draft.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56835&draftyear=2009&genpos=QB

http://www.draftseason.com/index2.php?Page_Name=PlayerProfile2&id=905

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/Chase-Daniel.php

I should have been more specific.

I was replying to the second sentence referring to the "baiting".

I shouldn't have quoted the first. It makes me look like an idiot, too.

CoMoChief
04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
McCoy is a gamer.

Tebow sucks. Jon Gruden can suck his cock for all I care.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2009, 12:38 PM
McCoy will suck and Tebow will be a Hall of Famer now.

HemiEd
04-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, I'm sorry I offended you but when people scream for drafting Chase Daniel in the first round, I'm going to flip them some shit. When I disagree with personnel suggestions, I'm going to voice my opposition. That's what why we're all here.

No problems, not offended at all, just putting my 2 cents in on how I feel about your posting.

JFC!:)

As far as the last 20 years, it is history we have covered before. The last three years were the most upsetting to me.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 01:51 PM
The last three years were the most upsetting to me.

Yeah, I know.

You were more upset about Herm than I was about Vermeil.

Now that's upset!

HemiEd
04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I know.

You were more upset about Herm than I was about Vermeil.

Now that's upset!

The difference was simple, Vermeil's teams entertained me, at least even though there was heartbreak.
Herm's pissed me the fuck clear off. Made me give up, something I hadn't done in the previous 37 years.

I respected Dick Vermeil, and felt like Herm was a charity case. Like the Chiefs were earning some kind of extra credit, for hiring the handicapped.

To this day, if I were to run into Herm somewhere, I wouldn't speak to him.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 03:12 PM
It's so funny to me to see people who rail on Stafford and or Sanchez try to say McCoy is a good prospect.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Daniel - too small. If he has any chance at all it is as an UDFA. IMO. (Sorry MU fans. Its the same story with Reesing though).
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey now lets leave Reesing out of this!