PDA

View Full Version : Life NFT: e-cigarette

damaticous
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Been smoking for past 16 years, the last 3 on and off. Done the wellbutrin, patches, gum, cold turkey, etc,etc. Thought I'd give this a try.

I bought a "sample" ecig that is supposed to last the equivalent of 2 packs of regular cigs It came in the mail today. So far....it's ok. It seems like it would be healthier than a regular cig, but there really is no telling. There have not been any studies on them yet. I see it being a convenience with the new smoking bans in place (which I think the smoking bans are good and like them), and it is cheaper than a real cig. Lots of positives, very few (if any) negatives, and a bunch of unknowns.

In case you are thinking ....:spock: What is a ecig? or other questions.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=electronic+Cigarette&btnG=Search

Ever try one? Ever seen one? What do you think?

Discuss,,,,,

Frazod
04-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Dude, if you want to quit smoking, just quit smoking. If I can do it, you can do it.

WoodDraw
04-14-2009, 07:57 PM
It reinforces the habit, both with nicotine and the "smoking" action. So I don't see it as being a reasonable step towards quitting, if that's your goal.

If you just looking for a healthier alternative, what the hell - give it a try.

Bugeater
04-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Dude, if you want to quit smoking, just quit smoking. If I can do it, you can do it.
How long did you smoke before you quit? I'm still amazed that you just did it without any problem.

Frazod
04-14-2009, 09:50 PM
How long did you smoke before you quit? I'm still amazed that you just did it without any problem.

21 years.

KCChiefsMan
04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I've been smoking about 5 years, I would lilke to quit for good, but can't! I can go cold turkey but the next time I go out drinking I always start again.

Frazod
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I've been smoking about 5 years, I would lilke to quit for good, but can't! I can go cold turkey but the next time I go out drinking I always start again.

That's a bitch. I'm no fan of smoking bans, but there's been a couple of occasions when it probably saved me. Drunk + bar + shooting pool = SHOULD BE SMOKING, DAMMIT. But I'm not going to go outside to do it.

Bob Dole
04-15-2009, 06:11 AM
One of Bob Dole's coworkers has been using one of those for a couple of months. He still wants to bum a real cig off Bob Dole about twice a week. Bob Dole is tempted to try one just because of the reduced expense. (30 year smoker here...)

splatbass
04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Might be worth a try.

Talisman
04-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I can tell you this from personal experience, the e-crack pipe is useless.

cdcox
04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Arrr! I take it Talisman is not Somalian?