PDA

View Full Version : other trade ideas???

kcbubb
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Is it possible or has anyone heard that we could trade the #3 pick for a player and additional picks???

The Panthers seem like a logical trade partner. The Panthers seem to be in need of a QB and Sanchez could sit for a year behind Delhomme. Could the Chiefs trade the #3 pick to Carolina and receive Peppers and an additional pick next year from the Panthers based on how Peppers performs?

Another player that I know that many people dislike is Braylon Edwards, could the Chiefs swap first round picks with the Browns this year for Edwards and maybe give them another pick next year based on performance (probably a later pick)?

Are their any other players that are on the trade block that could be involved in a potential trade with the Chiefs?

KCDC
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
This topic has been discussed at length elsewhere, but I'll bite.

How about Detroit trades for our #3? They take Jason Smith #1 and Stafford at #3. It means that they can pay Stafford like Matt Ryan (last year's #3) and not talk about #1 money) whereas an OLman as a #1 is more reasonable on money.

In return, we get their #20, #33 and their 2nd rounder next year.

bdeg
04-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't mind taking Gholston off their hands if he can be had for cheap. Even a similar deal to the one you described for Edwards.

Peppers would be great too if he's willing to negotiate a deal with us, I don't think he wants to come to KC, though.

kcbubb
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
This topic has been discussed at length elsewhere, but I'll bite.

How about Detroit trades for our #3? They take Jason Smith #1 and Stafford at #3. It means that they can pay Stafford like Matt Ryan (last year's #3) and not talk about #1 money) whereas an OLman as a #1 is more reasonable on money.

In return, we get their #20, #33 and their 2nd rounder next year.

I like that idea. But maybe they should give us Backus too, their current LT. I think he can play all line positions except center??? It will take a lot to move from 3 to 20 but I think we should be all ears.

kcbubb
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't mind taking Gholston off their hands if he can be had for cheap. Even a similar deal to the one you described for Edwards.

Peppers would be great too if he's willing to negotiate a deal with us, I don't think he wants to come to KC, though.

you're probably right about peppers. Gholston is an intriguing prospect to me. It would be very interesting to have the #5 and #6 picks in the 2008 draft. That's probably a deal that we should consider if they can give picks too bc I believe Gholston's contract had a big bonus, so his cap number would be relatively small compared to his draft position for the Chiefs.

Saccopoo
04-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I like that idea. But maybe they should give us Backus too, their current LT. I think he can play all line positions except center??? It will take a lot to move from 3 to 20 but I think we should be all ears.

Backus struggled at LT this past season, and it's why a pure LT is a focal point of Detroit for this upcoming draft. They want to switch him back inside to guard. They will most likely pick the best LT prospect available with the #20 pick if they go with Stafford at the #1 - which, if they don't, they should take away their franchise.

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 04:27 PM
The Lions are going to go Stafford and Ebon Britton.