PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Chiefsplanet technical question RE - vBulletin

shammus
04-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Have a technical question for the mods involving Chiefsplanet itself. I use vbulletin's software to run a forum as well. We deal with about the same amount of traffic that this site gets daily. We were on a Yahoo Small Business hosting environment, however Yahoo is horribly slow. We need to find a new web host pretty quick, and I was curious what Chiefsplanet uses since everything seems to run smoothly over here.

Thanks in advance for the help, didn't want to start a new thread on the main forum just for this so hopefully somebody sees it.

Fish
04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Chiefsplanet runs on AOL....

WoodDraw
04-15-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.theplanet.com/ it looks like?

joesomebody
04-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Pretty sure Kyle runs his own dedicated server. I think Patriotplanet runs on the same server though.

DaFace
04-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I can't tell you the specs on the server, but I can tell you that we're on a dedicated server hosted by ThePlanet.com. As was mentioned, PatriotsPlanet and I think a couple other sites owned by Kyle are hosted here as well. It runs great, but I know it's pretty pricey - around $300 per month if I recall correctly.

You might PM Kyle if you want specifics. He might or might not answer, though.

shammus
04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. $300 per month seems really high but I'll look into ThePlanet.com a bit and see what they offer.