PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Planet Predictions

oldandslow
04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Draft is a week away...Using your crystal ball...who do you think the Chiefs (not you) will pick number 3 and why...

My prediction - Eugene Monroe. Albert moves to the right tackle spot. I think Haley & Pioli value Cassel more than most on this board and this is the #1 way to insure he is alive after this season.

The true fans are delighted.

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
that would be a disaster

The Bad Guy
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
My prediction: Aaron Curry

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
that would be a disaster
Can i borrow your crystal ball?

DaneMcCloud
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
that would be a disaster

This.

Times infinity.

Crush
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
My prediction - Mark Sanchez. The fact that Cassel is NOT signed to a long-term contract turns this pick into a no-brainer. We have two respectable QBs on the roster and the true fans are devastated.

CoMoChief
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
If we don't trade down it will be Aaron Curry.

Personally I'd rather have a tackle. I could give a fuck about the money because really it's not mine and has nothing to do with me. What I want are 2 badass bookend OT's that can shape this offense for a frickin decade.

Bowser
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM

Second. Not saying I'd like it, just I think that's what's going to happen. And, we DO need linebackers, going 34 and all.

CoMoChief
04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
My prediction - Mark Sanchez. The fact that Cassel is NOT signed to a long-term contract turns this pick into a no-brainer. We have two respectable QBs on the roster and the true fans are devastated.

If we drafted Sanchez it's only to hold DEN hostage again and make them give us the world for the rights to him, esp if Stafford really is going to DET. I can't imagine DEN really wanting to go into this season with Orton ROFL as their starting QB.

That Cutler trade still makes me laugh......they ****ed that up so badly it makes even the Raiders look smart.

DEN giving the Chiefs their 1st rounders would make DEN look even more retarded this offseason. ROFL Bring it on!!!!

Coogs
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
My prediction 10 days from the draft is that we are going to trade down. We will not get full value either, but we still trade down.

The Bad Guy
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM

What's the benefit to signing him to a long-term deal right now? There is none. Pioli obviously loves him, but I guess that Clark wants to see how well he can handle being the full-time starter.

dj56dt58
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Everette Brown..can play DE in a 4-3/olb in 3-4. instant upgrade to the worst pass rush ever

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Can i borrow your crystal ball?

no, but you might want to borrow a brain

Albert is everything you could want at LT....EVERYTHING

drafting monroe assures that albert will leave to play LT somewhere else, as soon as his contract is up....and then we're right back where we started...

it is painfully nonsensical....in a draft this deep with interior OL to draft another LT in the first round is grounds for dismissal...

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
My prediction:

Detroit and St. Louis both go offensive tackle

"With the 3rd pick of the draft the Kansas City Chiefs select ......... Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia"

Then as the 18th pick arrives:

"There has been a trade. The Denver Broncos send the 18th pick of the draft to Kansas City for Quarterback Matt Cassel. Kansas City is on the clock"

"With the 18th pick of the draft the Kansas City Chiefs select ..... Tyson Jackson DE, LSU."

blaise
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I hope they draft an O-lineman just to see the hissy fit some of the people here throw.

HighChief
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
this may be just me but i totally see one of our bookends jumping ship after thier contract expires if we draft a tackle in the first.

Why? because if we draft one we have to put them at LT and move Albert to RT. Now if i am Albert i am pissed cuz everyone knows i am a top talent at LT and when i can get out i am going to cash in and play the prime LT on another team.

That is why we are screwed if we take a tackle so dont sit here and dream about bookends for the next decade cuz it aint gunna happen.

We draft Curry.

the Talking Can
i think they will do everything in their power to trade down

barring that, i think they draft Curry or Raji

but i really have no idea how haley's mind works or how he sees this team (other than that he thinks it full of mediocre talent)

milkman
I predict that I'm going to be pissed by whatever the Chiefs do.

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 12:26 PM
no, but you might want to borrow a brain

Albert is everything you could want at LT....EVERYTHING

drafting monroe assures that albert will leave to play LT somewhere else, as soon as his contract is up....and then we're right back where we started...

it is painfully nonsensical....in a draft this deep with interior OL to draft another LT in the first round is grounds for dismissal...
Like you're anything but a dumbass on a internet bbs. You don't know shit, so stop acting like you do.

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 12:27 PM
This is pretty much a lock.

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 12:27 PM
I hope they draft an O-lineman just to see the hissy fit some of the people here throw.

no one has a problem drafting OL, in fact, most expect it....but it won't be with the #3 pick and it won't be a LT...

trade down and get a RT? sure
pick up a center in the 2nd? sure

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Like you're anything but a dumbass on a internet bbs. You don't know shit, so stop acting like you do.

i know you don't have the first fucking clue

keg in kc
04-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think they pick anyone at 3.

Bowser
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't think they pick anyone at 3.

It's either Curry or this.

Gdaddy
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
We draft Curry at 3..
unless....

I could see us moving back, Washington and the Jets want Sanchez badly.....I heard possibility of Chiefs taking the Jets 1st, 2nd and 4th for Jets taking our 1st.....(This was a Mcshay comment)

Anyone think we will trade Gonzo to ATL for number 55?

Fish
04-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Chiefs sign Josh Freeman.... as a WR....

rambleonthruthefog
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
that would be a disaster

what the f do you know?

Bowser
04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
We draft Curry at 3..
unless....

I could see us moving back, Washington and the Jets want Sanchez badly.....I heard possibility of Chiefs taking the Jets 1st, 2nd and 4th for Jets taking our 1st.....(This was a Mcshay comment)

I wouldn't be suprised if both those moves happened on draft day, if not before. Pioli has no allegiance to Gonzalez, or ANYONE on this roster, minus Cassell. And as Haley so eloquently informed Brian Waters, 22 guys off the street could have won two games last year.

Bowser
04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Chiefs sign Josh Freeman.... as a WR....

Corner, moran.

Rooster
04-15-2009, 12:37 PM

ROFL Me too. This draft class has lost its burst. :#

Fish
04-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Corner, moran.

Don't worry, he can run the Pistol on occasion too....

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
At this point, I really don't give a fuck whom the Chiefs select, as long as they don't move Albert.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
My prediction:

"With the 3rd pick of the draft the Kansas City Chiefs select ......... Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia"

"There has been a trade. The Denver Broncos send the 18th pick of the draft to Kansas City for Quarterback Matt Cassel. Kansas City is on the clock"

"With the 18th pick of the draft the Kansas City Chiefs select ..... Tyson Jackson DE, LSU."

Jesus Christ, I just lost all respect for you. this is absolutely stuped !

HighChief
04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
At this point, I really don't give a fuck whom the Chiefs select, as long as they don't move Albert.
this

DaFace
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Who. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM

Personally I'd rather have a tackle. I could give a fuck about the money because really it's not mine and has nothing to do with me. What I want are 2 badass bookend OT's that can shape this offense for a frickin decade.

This !

And if Albert is the best RT then he will get his money when his contracts up. Theres NO reason we can't pay TWO OLmen. Plus if Monroe gets injured we won't miss a beat at LT.

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Who. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Whom. My sentence structure necessitated the object form, not the subject form.

But nice try. :)

The Poz
04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
We draft Curry at 3..
unless....

I read on rotoworld today how Dan Snyder really, really, really wants Sanchez.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5192
"USC QB Mark Sanchez has become "the hot target" at Redskins Park, sources tell the Washington Post.
Sanchez would need some Pancake Blocks Mock-style bad luck to fall to No. 13, but owner Dan Snyder may be willing to package picks for a move up. Sanchez's accuracy and athleticism would be an ideal fit in Jim Zorn's West Coast offense, and Snyder seems intent on replacing Jason Campbell."

Who do the Chiefs take at 13? And no, I don't think Gonzo is going to Atl.

milkman
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
This !

And if Albert is the best RT then he will get his money when his contracts up. Theres NO reason we can't pay TWO OLmen. Plus if Monroe gets injured we won't miss a beat at LT.

Monroe would be the one pick that pisses me off the most.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-15-2009, 12:51 PM
"USC QB Mark Sanchez has become "the hot target" at Redskins Park, sources tell the Washington Post.
Sanchez would need some Pancake Blocks Mock-style bad luck to fall to No. 13, but owner Dan Snyder may be willing to package picks for a move up. Sanchez's accuracy and athleticism would be an ideal fit in Jim Zorn's West Coast offense, and Snyder seems intent on replacing Jason Campbell."

Well then, looks like we'll be picking 13 and getting a 2nd round pic.

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Jesus Christ, I just lost all respect for you. this is absolutely stuped !
Like you had any respect for me in the first place. ROFL At least my prediction is fun.

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM

Dis.

the Talking Can

well, Snyder is very rapable....i'd imagine we get an ass load from him

shitgoose
Aaron Raji

Dave Lane
04-15-2009, 12:54 PM

Yay this thought. I'd sure hate to have great QB options. That would sure suck!

Stryker
04-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Crabtree

If they move down then BPA

In reality - stay at #3 and draft Curry.

With TG possibly gone and no one but Bowe, Bradley, Engram and LJ with no D AND this schedule, WE ARE FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Next years draft will be DeJa Vu - "With the 4th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..." :)

Rooster
04-15-2009, 12:55 PM

Pioli vs Snyder.. Wow, good new for KC. :LOL:

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 12:56 PM
This !

Albert isn't going to play RT

other teams, that aren't retarded, will pay him to be a LT....he isn't stupid, as fans seem to think he is

"hey, I'll just take less money as a RT to stay with a losing franchise that replaced me and cost me millions on my second contract..."

milkman
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM

The Skins better be giving up more than a 1 and a 2 to move up 10 spots.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Albert isn't going to play RT

other teams, that aren't retarded, will pay him to be a LT....he isn't stupid, as fans seem to think he is

"hey, I'll just take less money as a RT to stay with a losing franchise that replaced me and cost me millions on my second contract..."

And why can't we pay him LT money to play RT ?

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM

Without looking at the chart, it would probably have to be almost their entire fucking draft.

Pioli might wheel and deal, but he's not going to give up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Well, It is Snyder we're talking about.

We could possibly get their 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 2010 1 and 2

milkman
04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Without looking at the chart, it would probably have to be almost their entire ****ing draft.

Pioli might wheel and deal, but he's not going to give up.

Just getting a 1 and a 2 is leaving about 850 points on the table.

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
And why can't we pay him LT money to play RT ?

yeah.....and this the end point of a dumb idea

we have a franchise LT

instead of drafting a RT and paying him like a RT....(noooo, waaay to simple)

we're going to draft another LT - who is likely not as good as Albert - and move Albert to RT - another position he has never played - and then pay our RT like a LT (under the belief that Albert will want to play RT even though he was drafted to be a LT, just because).....

how is that not obviously retarded?

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Just getting a 1 and a 2 is leaving about 850 points on the table.

:shake:

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 01:04 PM

and next year's first....didn't they do the same for Cambell?

not saying we'd do it, but i believe snyder would

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM

we have a franchise LT

we're going to draft another LT - who is likely not as good as Albert - and move Albert to RT - another position he has never played - and then pay our RT like a LT (under the belief that Albert will want to play RT even though he was drafted to be a LT, just because).....

Is that what I said . Oh. Yep thats stuped !

Can I take it back. Oh yes, the edit function.

milkman
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM

we have a franchise LT

Not to mention that if you pay LT money to both your LT and RT, then you'd have about 30-35% of your cap (assuming there is a cap) tied up into your two OTs.

milkman
04-15-2009, 01:08 PM
and next year's first....didn't they do the same for Cambell?

not saying we'd do it, but i believe snyder would

That would still be leaving about 645 points on the table.

I'd have to get at least one more pick in that deal.

kysirsoze
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM

I predict that you will, too.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Not to mention that if you pay LT money to both your LT and RT, then you'd have about 30-35% of your cap (assuming there is a cap) tied up into your two OTs.

Ok then. What we do is have someone break Alberts ACL each year so that at the end of his contract he'll be worthless and nobody will want him ! Then he'll stay in KC at minimum salary.

kysirsoze
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
My prediction:

This would make for good television, but I think it's Curry or Raji and I'm leaning Raji.

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2009, 01:15 PM
trade down, it's Pioli's M.O. and he's building the team from the ground up.

Tiger's Fan
i think they will do everything in their power to trade down

barring that, i think they draft Curry or Raji

but i really have no idea how haley's mind works or how he sees this team (other than that he thinks it full of mediocre talent)

This is about it.

They're predicted to take Curry.
If they gotta make the pick, I want it to be Raji.

Last I checked, we already have a QB and LT.

Coogs

We are going to leave points on the table.

My actual prediction right now is the Eagles wanting Monroe at #3.

We get #21, #28, #85, and two of thier 5ths. It is around 1600 points in return. It is minus the 600 points, but 4 more players.

Archie Bunker
If no trade down my prediction is Monroe. I absolutely hate it but that is how I see it going down.

Curry-I'm not seeing it with all the LB additions. Too much like DJ, too high for an ILB.

Sanchez-I'd love it but the dream dies in 10 days. Contract or not Cassel is Pioli's guy IMO.

Raji-Doesn't seem to fit Pioli's profile at all.

Crabtree-IMO the Franklin move shows their thoughts on spread WRs with a questionable work ethic. Also being 6'1 with a 4.7 forty won't help.

Brown/Orakpo/Maybin-Reaches

Sadly that leaves whichever LT St. Louis doesn't take.

Add in the fact that 2 of the draft guys I trust the most(Mayock and Wright) seem convinced this is the pick, I think this is going to be a very unhappy draft weekend for most of us.

DeezNutz
04-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Last I checked, we already have a QB and LT.

Hey, Herm! At the end of the day, it's nice to see you still around.

milkman
04-15-2009, 01:16 PM
I predict that you will, too.

Interestingly, the only pick that I was kind of pissed about last year was the third round pick for DaJuan Morgan, but not until Jeremy Zuttah went to Tampa Bay with the next pick.

I really wanted Branden Albert and Zuttah in last year's draft.

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 01:17 PM
This would make for good television, but I think it's Curry or Raji and I'm leaning Raji.
Ya, just trying to add some spice. :D

Chiefnj2
04-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Predictions:

1. KC will take Curry at 3. ( if no trade down).
2. Percy Harvin slides to the end of round 2.
3. Giants will give up their 1 for Braylon Edwards.
4. The Browns will trade Quinn for a first round pick.
5. KC's 3rd round pick will be an OL.

the Talking Can
04-15-2009, 01:18 PM

yeah, i should have be clearer

i agree it would take more, i just think snyder would pay it, whatever it is

i have no desire to leave points on the table, nor do i think pioli would

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:18 PM

This.

Not because it is what I personally want but I truly believe we go with Curry.

milkman
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
We are going to leave points on the table.

My actual prediction right now is the Eagles wanting Monroe at #3.

We get #21, #28, #85, and two of thier 5ths. It is around 1600 points in return. It is minus the 600 points, but 4 more players.

I'm willing to leave points on the table, but not 600.

And the Eagles would be crazy to trade up like that in a draft deep in OT like this one.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Curry-I'm not seeing it with all the LB additions. Too much like DJ, too high for an ILB.

Dude Curry is the total opposite of DJ. I dont know where you got that from.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Predictions:

1. KC will take Curry at 3. ( if no trade down).
2. Percy Harvin slides to the end of round 2.
3. Giants will give up their 1 for Braylon Edwards.
4. The Browns will trade Quinn for a first round pick.
5. KC's 3rd round pick will be an OL.

I agree with all this except the 2nd part. I see Harvin at the end of round 1

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Dude Curry is the total opposite of DJ. I dont know where you got that from.
This.

Apparently he's been listening to some local draft geniouses around here because this Curry = D.J. is absolute crap.

Coogs
04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm willing to leave points on the table, but not 600.

And the Eagles would be crazy to trade up like that in a draft deep in OT like this one.

It's just my prediction 10 days before the draft. I get the feeling Pioli likes the guys around that selections area based on who has been brought in for interviews. Guys like Barwin, Maualuga, Cushing, Brown, etc.

Tiger's Fan
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey, Herm! At the end of the day, it's nice to see you still around.

Where did I go wrong Carl?

MMXcalibur
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I predict everyone will bitch and complain about whoever we pick.

bdeg
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
This.

Apparently he's been listening to some local draft geniouses around here because this Curry = D.J. is absolute crap.
That comparison of DJ and Curry is more in that they are both decent players and would essentially serve the same purpose in the new scheme(ILB mostly used to cover, occasionally blitzing). Curry's more physical at shedding blocks, we know, we know. They're both good in coverage, so it's a trade off between Curry's physicality and consistency and DJ's FF's and perhaps marginally better athleticism.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2009, 01:40 PM

You should give a fuck about money, b/c when Albert's contract is up he's going to get LT money, and how are we going to afford to pay two guys LT money and still have room for other impact positions that demand high salaries.

Then again, you are the George Constanza to every reasonable personnel move. Just do the exact opposite of what you say or predict and it will turn out perfect.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2009, 01:45 PM
LAWL at the Eagles trading up to 3 to draft Monroe. They could conceivably draft Oher at 21 or Britton or Beatty at 28

Archie Bunker
04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
This.

Overhyped OLB best suited for a 4-3 is the basis for my comparision. Throw in the fact that DJ and Curry would play the same position in a 3-4 and that is why I feel they are too similar.

Personally I remember back in 2005 around this same time of year DJ was slotted to go 3rd to Cleveland and then fell like a rock. He was the Curry of that draft class.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
This.

I just dont understand where people get this stuff. I only fight against it because Ive seen enough of both of them, especially Curry that I know they arent similar at all.

Mr. Krab
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes, Curry and D.J. are both linebackers but that's pretty much where the similarities end. Especially if Curry can learn to rush the passer, something he wasn't asked to do in college.

Chiefnj2
04-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Then again, you are the George Constanza to ...

Was he in that Steinfeld show?

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I have a feeling Curry can adapt to rushing the passer very well. Hes one of the smartest players coming into this draft.

Coogs
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
LAWL at the Eagles trading up to 3 to draft Monroe.

It's my prediction 10 days prior to the draft. :)

Course I was using Ouija Board instead of a crystal ball, so who knows if I will be right on the money with the prediction. :shrug:

soundmind
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I predict everyone will bitch and complain about whoever we pick.

100% Correct.

Detroit Lions: Matthew Stafford
St. Louis Rams: Eugene Monroe
Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry

I like that Curry was a pre-combine "elite prospect" and has only furthered that sentiment since. Worth extra points should be the fact that he's not a turd off the field either - not overly arrogant or out of control - seems to have his sh*t together. Somewhat unfortunately, I think Detroit takes Stafford. If they don't of course, our value SKYROCKETS and we make the trade we all want.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-15-2009, 03:49 PM
I predict I will drink cough syrup, pass out, and not give two fucks about missing what will more than likely be the most anti-climatic event of the off season.

NyQuil to table 2 please...:ZZZ:

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 04:54 PM
100% Correct.

I like that Curry was a pre-combine "elite prospect" and has only furthered that sentiment since. Worth extra points should be the fact that he's not a turd off the field either - not overly arrogant or out of control - seems to have his sh*t together. Somewhat unfortunately, I think Detroit takes Stafford. If they don't of course, our value SKYROCKETS and we make the trade we all want.

If we dont take Curry at 3, and we trade down into the 15-20 range and pick Everette Brown I will be moe than happy as long as we have another pick in the early 2nd, late 1st. That would be a pretty good deal. Of course Ill still root for Curry no matter which team takes him (besides Donks, and Faiders).

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Lions website fan poll says Curry to Detroit, Smith to STL, and they're still polling for KC.

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Lions website fan poll says Curry to Detroit, Taylor to STL, and they're still polling for KC.

Im seriously surprised that Lions fans want Curry at #1 when they need a QB or LT. Thats the difference between us and them. We have a QB and LT already. Therefore Curry would not be a bad pick.

milkman
04-15-2009, 05:08 PM
100% Correct.

Elite prospect?

When guys like Mayock are calling him a solid double and says that you could pick the much the same talent in the 15-25 range, that doesn't exactly say "elite prospect".

KCrockaholic
04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Elite prospect?

When guys like Mayock are calling him a solid double and says that you could pick the much the same talent in the 15-25 range, that doesn't exactly say "elite prospect".

I think he was trying to say he is Elite at his position. He is far above any of the other linebackers in this draft.

milkman
04-15-2009, 05:14 PM
I think he was trying to say he is Elite at his position. He is far above any of the other linebackers in this draft.

He'd be wrong then.

He's not that far above Mauluga (who I like better) and James Lauranitus (who I don't like).

htismaqe
04-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I have a feeling Curry can adapt to rushing the passer very well. Hes one of the smartest players coming into this draft.

And you know this how?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Im seriously surprised that Lions fans want Curry at #1 when they need a QB or LT. Thats the difference between us and them. We have a QB and LT already. Therefore Curry would not be a bad pick.

I'm not going to try and predict their selection, but I bet Gun can snakeoil/badger them in to taking him.

Elite prospect?

Prior to Cassel/Cutler, Curry's overall stock was no where NEAR the level it is today, and I don't mean just among Chiefs fans either.
Pioli and McDaniels bumped the NFL's axis out of alignment for a moment, and Curry got an unintentional "Colbert Bump".

And you know this how?

Three shakes of a Magic 8-Ball?

wild1
04-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I think they will shop the pick around, but if they stay, they'll take Curry.

SAUTO
04-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Well, It is Snyder we're talking about.

We could possibly get their 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 2010 1 and 2

has anyone actually looked and seen what picks washington has? IIRC they only have 4:D

Coogs
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Lions website fan poll says Curry to Detroit, Taylor to STL, and they're still polling for KC.

I can't say I am real surprised that the Lions fans want Curry. But I do have to say the Taylor to the Rams thing is a bit of a shocker.

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Two of the first 4-5 picks will be O-line. Trade down a few spots, reacquire that second round pick if possible.

If not... then Monroe (though Curry or Orapko wouldn't shock me.)

KCrockaholic
04-16-2009, 10:40 AM
And you know this how?

I really dont want to have to bring the big retarded "Curry Vs. Brown" thread back again...

LaChapelle
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
If Snyder's latest hardon is Sanchez there is hope. When Gruden was traded to Tampa Bay an ass load of money was part of the deal. Snyder has the cash. I have doubts the NFL would let cash be any part of a draft trade down deal though.

philfree
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I really dont want to have to bring the big retarded "Curry Vs. Brown" thread back again...

No kidding.

PhilFree:arrow:

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
I can't say I am real surprised that the Lions fans want Curry. But I do have to say the Taylor to the Rams thing is a bit of a shocker.

That's been the ONLY constant throughout this entire mock season.

htismaqe
04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
No kidding.

PhilFree:arrow:

He scored a 22 or 24 on the Wonderlic, I believe. That would make him one of the smarter LB's in the draft.

The assertion that he's one of the smartEST PLAYERS in the draft is laughable, as are most of the other hyperbolic opinions of Saint Curry.

Coogs
04-16-2009, 11:10 AM
That's been the ONLY constant throughout this entire mock season.

What has? Taylor to the Rams? If that is what you meant, I am going to have to ask the obvious.... WTF is Taylor?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
What has? Taylor to the Rams? If that is what you meant, I am going to have to ask the obvious.... WTF is Taylor?

Never mind, I was thinking of Jason Smith. (Taylor/Baylor etc.)

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-16-2009, 11:18 AM

Okay, they finished polling for KC, and they selected Monroe.

RedThat
04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Way I see it,

Chiefs will stay at #3 because its be gonna very hard to trade out of the spot when other teams know the amount of value their gonna have to give up in return to select a prospect at #3.

I think it all depends on how this draft unfolds from picks 1-2. If the Lions select Stafford, I could see the Rams taking either Monroe or J Smith. If the Lions take an OT at #1, I still think the Rams take an OT at #2. That leaves the Chiefs with Curry.

Now, if the Lions take Stafford at #1, I still think the Rams take an OT at #2. Im convinced the Rams will take a tackle no matter what since they released Pace and have no real stability at that position. That leaves the Chiefs with either Monroe or J Smith?

So in all likelyness, I think it's gonna be either Curry, Monroe, or J Smith at #3. I don't understand why people would be upset if the Chiefs took an OT at #3? I think it would be a great move and still benefits the team in the long run especially since they traded for Cassel don't you think he would need a couple of solid bookend tackles to protect him giving the kid more of a chance to succeed? I don't know about you, but Im looking at it from a team standpoint of view. You have to protect your QB either way you can and we all know the RT position sucked last year and was a major weakness on this team. Not like they can't use improvement there?

Yeah Im a fan of Albert just as much as you guys are, yes he is a solid tackle and had a very solid rookie season, but the way people talk about him on this board is unreal. He is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, don't make seem like he is either. He is a good player, but jeez, the way some talk him they put him out to be like hes an Anthony Munoz, where he is untouchable.

Tribal Warfare
04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah Im a fan of Albert just as much as you guys are, yes he is a solid tackle and had a very solid rookie season, but the way people talk about him on this board is unreal. He is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, don't make seem like he is either. He is a good player, but jeez, the way some talk him they put him out to be like hes an Anthony Munoz, where he is untouchable.

Well, their is all-pro potential with this kid so it's warranted

Saul Good
04-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Can we please put this Monroe shit to bed once and for all?

The Chiefs only have a few positions that are truly set for the long run, and LT is one of them. We don't need a LT.

Why would you, with the 3rd pick in the draft, pick THE SECOND BEST LT IN THE DRAFT at a position we DON'T EVEN NEED?

It is so preposterous that I can't even wrap my mind around it. It would be one thing if this guy was Willie Roaf in his prime, but he isn't. Whichever LT we draft would be the second choice. Having the 3rd pick in the draft is a rare opportunity. Having a chance to draft the second best LT in the draft is not.

kchero
04-16-2009, 09:11 PM
I will probably get some sh*t from some people, but I would take Monroe or Curry with our pick or trade down.

Everyone that complains about possibly having Monroe and Albert on our o-line needs to remember a few years ago when we had a few studs on our o-line how fun that was.

Saul Good
04-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Everyone that complains about possibly having Monroe and Albert on our o-line needs to remember a few years ago when we had a few studs on our o-line how fun that was.

Nobody is complaining about the possibility of having Monroe. They are complaining about giving up the 3rd pick in the draft to make it happen. Think of the best young RT in the NFL. We could trade the 3rd pick in the draft for that player and the team's 2nd rounder at the very least, and we wouldn't have to pay half of what we would have to pay Monroe.

If you really want to use the 3rd pick in the draft to improve your OL, there are much more effective ways to do it than by drafting the second best lineman in the draft at a redundant position.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I will probably get some sh*t from some people, but I would take Monroe or Curry with our pick or trade down.

How many Top 5 picks did that line have?

How many 1st round picks did that line have?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
This draft needs to be over, and that's all there is to it.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2009, 01:14 AM
If KC gets the 10th pick overall the selection will be Everette Brown, and if KC get's the 12th and 18th pick it will Mauluaga and Barwin.

Otter
04-17-2009, 01:19 AM
I think I know Scott Piolis type....

They never say a word about it until the announcement, Chiefs trade down (guessing with the Eagles) and shore up the front line for the next couple years with two first rounders or a late first and early second. He takes the draft for what it is and makes lemon aid out of lemons for what the Chiefs have to work with.

Pioli is the guy you want running your business but you hate to be keeping tabs on as a journalist.

Did I mention I love pioli.

I don't care if I spelled his name wrong or ended a sentence in a preposition.

sodcat
04-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Curry, if'n they cant trade down....................

suds79
04-17-2009, 06:50 AM
I predict that the Chiefs will try & try to trade down with no takers.

So they will then draft Sanchez and hold him ransom for picks.

When the trade happens, they'll fall short of getting fair market value for the guy drafted #3 but they won't care.

They'll still draft somewhere mid to late 1st and get that 2nd rounder back also.

Coogs
04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
I don't understand why people would be upset if the Chiefs took an OT at #3? I think it would be a great move and still benefits the team in the long run especially since they traded for Cassel don't you think he would need a couple of solid bookend tackles to protect him giving the kid more of a chance to succeed? I don't know about you, but Im looking at it from a team standpoint of view. You have to protect your QB either way you can and we all know the RT position sucked last year and was a major weakness on this team. Not like they can't use improvement there?

I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but just want to throw in a point that many of us here have tossed out. I can not speak for everybody, but I think nearly everybody here is not opposed to upgrading one of the two tackle spots. Specifficaly the RT spot. But most of us here are of the belief that we could upgrade the RT spot in the middle rounds, and still have solid bookend tackles with Albert being the LT and someone like Loadholt in round 3 to be the RT.

MahiMike
04-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Trade down and get a DT and WR.

htismaqe
04-17-2009, 10:12 AM

Yeah, it was fun not winning a playoff game.

htismaqe
04-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Way I see it,

Chiefs will stay at #3 because its be gonna very hard to trade out of the spot when other teams know the amount of value their gonna have to give up in return to select a prospect at #3.

I think it all depends on how this draft unfolds from picks 1-2. If the Lions select Stafford, I could see the Rams taking either Monroe or J Smith. If the Lions take an OT at #1, I still think the Rams take an OT at #2. That leaves the Chiefs with Curry.

Now, if the Lions take Stafford at #1, I still think the Rams take an OT at #2. Im convinced the Rams will take a tackle no matter what since they released Pace and have no real stability at that position. That leaves the Chiefs with either Monroe or J Smith?

So in all likelyness, I think it's gonna be either Curry, Monroe, or J Smith at #3. I don't understand why people would be upset if the Chiefs took an OT at #3? I think it would be a great move and still benefits the team in the long run especially since they traded for Cassel don't you think he would need a couple of solid bookend tackles to protect him giving the kid more of a chance to succeed? I don't know about you, but Im looking at it from a team standpoint of view. You have to protect your QB either way you can and we all know the RT position sucked last year and was a major weakness on this team. Not like they can't use improvement there?

Who has said Albert is a Hall of Famer? Nobody supporting Albert has compared him to Anthony Munoz.

The fact is, he's already proven he can play at a high level. He's more of a sure thing than ANY of the tackles in this draft. We NEED a RT, which we can get on day 2 of the draft.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-17-2009, 10:23 AM
They'll trade the pick.................... or Todd Reesing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 12:38 PM
They'll trade the pick.................... or Todd Reesing.

LMAO Sod...