PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Matthew Stafford on Fallon

04-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Coming up next.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
He seems pretty comfortable in his own skin.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2009, 11:23 PM
:(, really makes me wish we could have the shot to draft him.

chiefs1111
04-16-2009, 11:24 PM
:(, really makes me wish we could have the shot to draft him.

Yup,that would be awesome

Mecca
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Matt Stafford has now already done more mainstream talk show interviews than every Chiefs QB since Joe Montana combined.

RippedmyFlesh
04-16-2009, 11:43 PM
If he was there at 3 I believe Pioli would pick him. Based on his q&a today at kc.com.

Q: Would you accept someone’s offer for that third pick?

PIOLI: “Tell me who’s on the board?"

Mecca
04-16-2009, 11:45 PM
If he was there at 3 I believe Pioli would pick him. Based on his q&a today at kc.com.

Q: Would you accept someone’s offer for that third pick?

PIOLI: “Tell me who’s on the board?"

Don't tell Scott Wright that...he got asked that yesterday in his chat and said "0%"

tonyetony
04-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Matt Stafford has now already done more mainstream talk show interviews than every Chiefs QB since Joe Montana combined.

Yeah and his agent has him schooled in pimping the lions every chance he gets. He loves the thought of throwing to Calvin Johnson blah blah blah...........$$$$$$$$$ on the brain. After Ryan last year I just get the feeling he's going to bust out.

Mecca
04-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Atleast he's not going Manning and saying "I refuse to play there"

tonyetony
04-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah and his agent has him schooled in pimping the lions every chance he gets. He loves the thought of throwing to Calvin Johnson blah blah blah...........$$$$$$$$$ on the brain. After Ryan last year I just get the feeling he's going to bust out.

And I meant he's going to be a bust.

Mecca
04-16-2009, 11:48 PM
What about him makes you think he's a bust...I just don't really see what these supposed giant red flags he has are.

RippedmyFlesh
04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Don't tell Scott Wright that...he got asked that yesterday in his chat and said "0%"
The only thing I agree with wright is it would be a huge mistake for det to not take stafford.
I just think that Pioli does think someone is worth that #3 pick by his statement.And that would be stafford although he won't say it playing it closer to the vest than mcdaniels.
I know he likes cassel but qb is a priority with him which is why he wasted no time getting matt.
Both stafford and sanchez are young so sitting a year isn;t out of the question. And unlike cleveland with anderson and quinn Pioli won't pee all over his leg and use who is ever left over from cassel/stafford or sanchez as a bargaining chip to get whats needed to go over the top.

Kyle DeLexus
04-16-2009, 11:51 PM
What about him makes you think he's a bust...I just don't really see what these supposed giant red flags he has are.

I don't either. IMO he is a better prospect than Ryan was.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh how I yearn for the days of fall, whenever the majority of the planet was totally averse to the thought of drafting a QB. Then as winter rolled around, Sanchez became the target du jour. If Cassel craps the bed, it will be interesting to see which quarterback next year isn't good enough.

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2009, 11:56 PM
And I meant he's going to be a bust.

Why?

Please be specific.

Mecca
04-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Oh how I yearn for the days of fall, whenever the majority of the planet was totally averse to the thought of drafting a QB. Then as winter rolled around, Sanchez became the target du jour. If Cassel craps the bed, it will be interesting to see which quarterback next year isn't good enough.

The topic will then be "Cassel needs more time we're developing a QB" you know nevermind that he's 27.

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
First off he seems to be self promotional in media terms. Secondly, he had some talent surrounding him and exactly what did he really do with that TEAM as far as collegiate accomplishments? And lastly I was disappointed he couldn't show off his #1 overall talents at the combine, he and his agent had to set the stage.

chiefs1111
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM

Well next years class of QB's is pretty bad in terms of pro style. That why this would have been the year to get one,I don't think some people around here get that yet.

Reaper16
04-17-2009, 12:03 AM
First off he seems to be self promotional in media terms. Secondly, he had some talent surrounding him and exactly what did he really do with that TEAM as far as collegiate accomplishments? And lastly I was disappointed he couldn't show off his #1 overall talents at the combine, he and his agent had to set the stage.
What fucking naivety.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 12:04 AM

What did he have to prove? He did everything but throw and teams have 3 years of tape on him. Not too mention he had a hell of a pro day and a great individual workout for Detroit.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Well next years class of QB's is pretty bad in terms of pro style. That why this would have been the year to get one,I don't think some people around here get that yet.

What?! We can take a chance on Cassel and if he flops we can then draft Tim Tebow or Colt McCoy!

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
So you think he's the next Peyton Manning? I don't.

chiefs1111
04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
What?! We can take a chance on Cassel and if he flops we can then draft Tim Tebow or Colt McCoy!

No Thank You

RippedmyFlesh
04-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Young, leinhart,,,etc winning a NC doesn't mean you will be a good pro it just means you are a great college player.
Alot of good qb's have come from college teams who were 8-3,7-4 type teams.

RippedmyFlesh
04-17-2009, 12:10 AM
No Thank You
Agree 100%. Unless bradford makes some incredible transformation there is no one coming next year I like as much as stafford OR sanchez.

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Young, leinhart,,,etc winning a NC doesn't mean you will be a good pro it just means you are a great college player.

True but they didn't have teammates being drafted like Staffords supporting cast.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 12:14 AM
True but they didn't have teammates being drafted like Staffords supporting cast.

Um Matt Leinart didn't have teammates being drafted really?

Reaper16
04-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, because everyone knows that Reggie Bush, LenDale White, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, Limas Sweed, Jamaal Charles, et al aren't considered "talent."

Mecca
04-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Basically Matt Leinarts entire offensive line is in the NFL.

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Yes, because everyone knows that Reggie Bush, LenDale White, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, Limas Sweed, Jamaal Charles, et al aren't considered "talent."

You just made my point.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 12:18 AM
There are less NFL players on Staffords offense than there are on either one of those other teams...

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Yep Leinart was worthy of a # 1 overall. Not.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2009, 12:20 AM
You just made my point.

You're point being, "I'm a fucking retard"?

DeezNutz
04-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Why are we talking about Leinart again?

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 12:21 AM

This could also be a coaching problem. Typically if a TEAM underperformed I wouldn't go right out and put all the blame on the QB's shoulders and say he isn't a top prospect because his team didn't do anything.

RippedmyFlesh
Leinhart's usc team was filled with high draft picks.
Young's texas team had some college talent.
Some people were picking georgia #1 pre season but that proved wrong they were good but not #1 good.I am no expert but I don't see any georgia or usc recievers or tight ends going 1st round.
Stafford did have moreno who can be a great one someday but after that no 1st rounders.
After sanchez alot of usc def players will get picked before the 2nd off player gets picked.

Mecca
Yep Leinart was worthy of a # 1 overall. Not.

What is this bases of your argument? You're like moving the goal posts here.

Reaper16
04-17-2009, 12:22 AM
You just made my point.
You're comparing Massaquoi and Moreno to the 2004 USC team?

GTFO.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Massaquoi wouldn't have even played on that team and Knowshon would have at best been a platoon player.

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:31 AM
My point is after the payday at #1 overall for for the
freaking Detroit Lions and a few bone shattering sacks as a rookie, Stafford has a very high probability of being a bust. I'm thinking Todd Blackledge.. I know Blackledge wasn't #1 overall but I'm just sayin.

RippedmyFlesh
04-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I am not being sarcastic I am just hard pressed to think of 1 in the past few years.
What qb has won a NC and gone on to be a great nfl qb in the last few years?
Its almost like the kiss of death to win it.

Reaper16
04-17-2009, 12:33 AM
My point is after the payday at #1 overall for for freaking Detroit Lions and a few bone shattering sacks as a rookie, Stafford has a very high probability of being a bust. I'm thinking Todd Blackledge.. I know Blackledge wasn't #1 overall but I'm just sayin.
That's not a point. That's you just saying shit that you think is going to happen based on nothing that's actually grounded in truth or reality.

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:43 AM
I think Sanchez has way more upside than Stafford and he is going to be more willing to prove it. But the tangibles might get Stafford drafted #1. Sad but true.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 12:52 AM

That's the thing that just cheeses my ass; show me Tim Tebow or Sam Bradford being worth a flying fuck in this league because they can "out spread" the other spread team on a goddamned college field.

Guess what? You can't.

I was lambasting this damned fool at another site who, god only knows why, has his own web cast happy fun time hour. I explained to him that the search for a QB prospect for the NFL is about skill set, technique, leadership, and intelligence among other things, and that his record of BCS appearances is just icing on the cake.
I also explained to him that a franchise not run by ass clowns is going groom him properly by bringing him along at a pace that doesn't involve throwing his ass to the wolves on opening day after his first NFL camp.
I emphasized this point by mentioning that Chiefs fans by and large are not familiar with these concepts because the last time our beloved franchise possessed the requisite nut sack to make that kind of commitment and take QB in the first round; "Donkey Kong was setting the motherfucking world on fire"!!!
:cuss:

His resonse? Well, ah...

That's right; shut the fuck up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 12:54 AM
There are less NFL players on Staffords offense than there are on either one of those other teams...

I just about spit my drink when I saw that.

"Stafford surrounded by all that talent".

Short answer:

No.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
My point is after the payday at #1 overall for for the
freaking Detroit Lions and a few bone shattering sacks as a rookie, Stafford has a very high probability of being a bust. I'm thinking Todd Blackledge.. I know Blackledge wasn't #1 overall but I'm just sayin.

And that right there is the fucking problem. See my first post in this thread.

tonyetony
04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
That's not a point. That's you just saying shit that you think is going to happen based on nothing that's actually grounded in truth or reality.

I'm just saying, but we are most likely going to find out if I am wrong. Please remind me if I'm wrong.

Jenson71
04-17-2009, 01:04 AM
I want to know why people think Tim Tebow won't be a good NFL quarterback. I've even heard things like he'd have more of a chance at runningback. So what's the deal? What's he missing?

I also want to know what position you think he'll play in the NFL at all and if it'd be worth spending a late pick on him to see what he's got at QB.

RealSNR
04-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Oh how I yearn for the days of fall, whenever the majority of the planet was totally averse to the thought of drafting a QB. Then as winter rolled around, Sanchez became the target du jour. If Cassel craps the bed, it will be interesting to see which quarterback next year isn't good enough.All of them?

Which QB of next year's class can even sniff the high quality of Stafford or Sanchez?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
All of them?

Which QB of next year's class can even sniff the high quality of Stafford or Sanchez?

Sadly, none, but you never know. Matt Ryan was an afterthought before his Sr. year. If someone does emerge, they will be bashed relentlessly, I guarantee you that.

RealSNR
04-17-2009, 01:30 AM
I want to know why people think Tim Tebow won't be a good NFL quarterback. I've even heard things like he'd have more of a chance at runningback. So what's the deal? What's he missing?

I also want to know what position you think he'll play in the NFL at all and if it'd be worth spending a late pick on him to see what he's got at QB.DaKCMan seems hopeful that Tebow spending time with a quality QB coach who will work on his throwing mechanics will turn him into a great NFL QB. Maybe it will work.

But for now, "heart" and "guts" and all that bullshit alone won't get Tebow much of anything in the NFL apart from sore bones and a buttload of interceptions

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2009, 01:30 AM

I also want to know what position you think he'll play in the NFL at all and if it'd be worth spending a late pick on him to see what he's got at QB.

He has one of the worst throwing motions of any QB, ever, and comes from an offense that greatly increases his learning curve. He has iffy arm strength and accuracy to boot. Nothing about him says NFL QB.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Sadly, none, but you never know. Matt Ryan was an afterthought before his Sr. year. If someone does emerge, they will be bashed relentlessly, I guarantee you that.

That's true. It's a rare case you have a QB at the top that people won't bash. If Peyton himself were to be in the last couple of drafts he would get a report like:

"He's got all the measurables you want in a QB, but sometimes he's too animated at the line. He has been known to be calling off audibles right down to the very last seconds of the play clock, this worries a few NFL coaches I have talked to. To me it's not worth the risk of potentially getting a delay of game call, I feel the best value is the coverage LB who makes all the plays he should. If not the LB, go RT or G.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 02:04 AM
That's true. It's a rare case you have a QB at the top that people won't bash. If Peyton himself were to be in the last couple of drafts he would get a report like:

"He's got all the measurables you want in a QB, but sometimes he's too animated at the line. He has been known to be calling off audibles right down to the very last seconds of the play clock, this worries a few NFL coaches I have talked to. To me it's not worth the risk of potentially getting a delay of game call, I feel the best value is the coverage LB who makes all the plays he should. If not the LB, go RT or G.

ROFL Nice.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2009, 02:27 AM
All of them?

If Stoopers puts Sammie under center he would have a better chance but the the darkhorse would have to be Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Jevan Snead will be next year's Josh Freeman. Tony Pike is a darkhorse with some upside.

pr_capone
04-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Jevan Snead will be next year's Josh Freeman. Tony Pike is a darkhorse with some upside.

Josh Freeman can go blow a diseased goat.

the Talking Can
04-17-2009, 04:28 AM

shouldn't you actually know something about the Georgia team if you're going to make claims based upon them?

because it is obvious you don't know anything about them....you're just making stuff up....

Spicy McHaggis
04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
First off he seems to be self promotional in media terms.

Like it or not these top 5 guys, especially at a high visibility position like quarterback, essentially have become their own "brand" or company going into the NFL. It's about the deals that this exposure/recognition will bring down the line.

doomy3
04-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I like Stafford and hope we draft him, but:

Why is it that winning a Super Bowl is the end all be all to if a QB in the NFL is worth a shit, but when it is a college QB, it isn't all that important if they win because "they weren't surrounded by all world talent?" Stafford's Georgia team was preseason #1 and they underperformed this year. I see all the posts about Cassel only being a good trade if he wins a Super Bowl in the next several years, but yet winning at the college level for Stafford doesn't show anything?

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 09:32 AM

Why is it that winning a Super Bowl is the end all be all to if a QB in the NFL is worth a shit, but when it is a college QB, it isn't all that important if they win because "they weren't surrounded by all world talent?" Stafford's Georgia team was preseason #1 and they underperformed this year. I see all the posts about Cassel only being a good trade if he wins a Super Bowl in the next several years, but yet winning at the college level for Stafford doesn't show anything?

With the roster changing all the time and the amount of teams, you can't judge a kid based on how many championships they won. Throw in the fact that more and more teams are going to the spread, which is a deadly offense in the college ranks due to a lack of speed and elite talent on defenses.

Now if they had an absolutely terrible team, that is cause for concern. They were a good team they just weren't the best.

In the NFL everything is supposed to be an even playing field. No one should hold Cassel to expectations like that, though. It's just not realistic. So many things have to go right in a season that it's ridiculous to hold someone to those standards. Hell, Peyton Manning has only won one with some great Indy teams, and IMO he is the greatest QB to ever play the game and would have been so if he hadn't won a championship.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
He has one of the worst throwing motions of any QB, ever, and comes from an offense that greatly increases his learning curve. He has iffy arm strength and accuracy to boot. Nothing about him says NFL QB.

On the other hand, Urban seems to be attempting to address these perceived "problems" that have people saying that Tebow would be a better fullback than quarterback in the NFL. He's going to be using pro style sets in his offense next year and has brought in a guy (can't remember his name) to orchestrate this as well as refine Tebow's throwing mechanics. I was reading somewhere that the receivers were already commenting on how much better the ball was coming out of his hand, etc.

It's actually nice to see that Urban is going the distance for a kid that had a hand in winning him two national championships in four years. Also, it tells me that there is something about Tebow to make Urban do this for him. I think the kid has got potential. That being said, Stafford looks as good a pro quarterback prospect as I've seen in a long time. Smart, thick build, has decent mobility, and a cannon for an arm. A three year starter that has won all three bowl games he's played in.

Thig Lyfe
04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/49e8bff3834e2f24/4727a250e66f9723/b4491693/-cpid/bcf1eff5cbcaa346" id="W4727a250e66f972349e8bff3834e2f24" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/49e8bff3834e2f24/4727a250e66f9723/b4491693/-cpid/bcf1eff5cbcaa346" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

doomy3
04-17-2009, 12:04 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/49e8bff3834e2f24/4727a250e66f9723/b4491693/-cpid/bcf1eff5cbcaa346" id="W4727a250e66f972349e8bff3834e2f24" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/49e8bff3834e2f24/4727a250e66f9723/b4491693/-cpid/bcf1eff5cbcaa346" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

That's pretty damned impressive.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 12:07 PM
On the other hand, Urban seems to be attempting to address these perceived "problems" that have people saying that Tebow would be a better fullback than quarterback in the NFL. He's going to be using pro style sets in his offense next year and has brought in a guy (can't remember his name) to orchestrate this as well as refine Tebow's throwing mechanics. I was reading somewhere that the receivers were already commenting on how much better the ball was coming out of his hand, etc.

It's actually nice to see that Urban is going the distance for a kid that had a hand in winning him two national championships in four years. Also, it tells me that there is something about Tebow to make Urban do this for him. I think the kid has got potential. That being said, Stafford looks as good a pro quarterback prospect as I've seen in a long time. Smart, thick build, has decent mobility, and a cannon for an arm. A three year starter that has won all three bowl games he's played in.

That's what needs to happen if he wants a legitimate shot at being a pro QB. The problem is, and depending upon his ability to learn and pick things up quickly, he's showing up to the dance at a quarter to midnight.
We'll see. Stafford's 2007 reel looks NOTHING like his 2008, so much can change over the course of a season.

But the important thing is, he's taking the steps, and this only validates 150% the arguments against him coming in to the 2009 draft as opposed to going back to school.
Now, will The Llama and McCroyle follow his lead? They better.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 12:11 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/49e8bff3834e2f24/4727a250e66f9723/b4491693/-cpid/bcf1eff5cbcaa346" id="W4727a250e66f972349e8bff3834e2f24" width="384" height="283">

</object>

Fuck me running! That's cool!:eek:

And now I'm sad again...:doh!:

the Talking Can
04-17-2009, 12:29 PM
that is actually very impressive

i only hope that detroit takes him so i don't have the pain of us passing on him

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 12:42 PM

i only hope that detroit takes him so i don't have the pain of us passing on him

We were close. So close. Oh well, maybe ten years from now...:shake:

doomy3
04-17-2009, 12:50 PM

Yeah, I think they will so it really won't matter.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Why are we talking about Leinart again?

Didn't you get the memo?

He couldn't beat out a Hall of Fame QB who should have been the league's MVP this year.

So in other words, he sucks.

The Franchise
04-17-2009, 01:16 PM

:shake: Fuck.......he should be a Chief.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2009, 01:58 PM

Urban's going the distance for himself, as he realizes he'll never get great QB recruits if they have no shot to go pro. Matt Barkley and Aaron Corp aren't going to run his combination of spread and triple option.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2009, 02:02 PM

If winning in college was important for the NFL then Gino Torretta, Tommie Frazier and those types would be greatest NFL QBs ever.

Chiefnj2
04-17-2009, 02:05 PM
He should have thrown that first ball right at Fallon's head.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
He should have thrown that first ball right at Fallon's head.

This.

Yeah, I think they will so it really won't matter.

Yep, good ol' laughingstock Detroit turns out to be smarter than the mighty Jesus GM; who'da thunk it? :doh!:

Mecca
04-17-2009, 03:39 PM

He's trying to save himself in the future, that's all it is. I brought this up a long time ago. If kids who think they can play in the NFL get offered by teams that run that offense, why would you go there when history tells you that it won't work out?

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
He's trying to save himself in the future, that's all it is. I brought this up a long time ago. If kids who think they can play in the NFL get offered by teams that run that offense, why would you go there when history tells you that it won't work out?

I hope that trend picks up and the spread filters it's way out of college football. As much as I like watching KU actually compete, more teams need to run pro style formations. It would help the players at the next level and the scouts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I hope that trend picks up and the spread filters it's way out of college football. As much as I like watching KU actually compete, more teams need to run pro style formations. It would help the players at the next level and the scouts.

THIS. Put that joke of a trend in the ground where it belongs, and let's play FOOTBALL.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM

It won't start filtering it's way out for a long time, many many lower tiered teams that can't sign high level recruits will always run it..

The thing is when teams like Florida and Michigan run it, it creates issues because 5 star kids do look at those schools...

This is what I think will happen, eventually it will become like the old option was. The NFL will look down upon programs that run it and you'll see kids who are really concerned about their futures avoid those programs.

The main issue here is Florida uses it and Florida is in a very rich recruiting state...so sometimes it's not going to be easy to convince a 5 star 18 year old kid going to his hometown team isn't best for his future.

I do think eventually you'll see legit offensive recruits start avoiding those schools...the best player Urban Meyer has gotten at that school is being absolutely raked over the coals going into this years draft.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 03:48 PM
THIS. Put that joke of a trend in the ground where it belongs, and let's play FOOTBALL.

I've talked about how the spread hurts the development of players for the next level the general thing I was met with around here is "it's not college teams jobs to develop players it's their jobs to win"

Of course I think there are some skewed opinions around here since the spread made basically everyone's college team that posts here mean something for the first time in 50 years.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I've talked about how the spread hurts the development of players for the next level the general thing I was met with around here is "it's not college teams jobs to develop players it's their jobs to win"

Of course I think there are some skewed opinions around here since the spread made basically everyone's college team that posts here mean something for the first time in 50 years.

Oh I agree with you, honestly I don't mind schools that don't get high rated prospects like KU running a spread. If you are a major university that is basically a farm system for the NFL your hurting yourself by running the spread. The more NFL players/prospects you have the better that is for recruiting. You have teams like OU using an offense that is custom designed for teams with less talent to compete.

My argument to support college teams developing players would be that if you want the best recruits you can get develope them and help them achieve their NFL dream. Al Groh is an example. If I played defense or OLine i'm going to Virgina. He gets his players drafted.

Demonpenz
04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
it's sad that i actually don't enjoy the football talk on here much anymore.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh I agree with you, honestly I don't mind schools that don't get high rated prospects like KU running a spread. If you are a major university that is basically a farm system for the NFL your hurting yourself by running the spread. The more NFL players/prospects you have the better that is for recruiting. You have teams like OU using an offense that is custom designed for teams with less talent to compete.

My argument to support college teams developing players would be that if you want the best recruits you can get develope them and help them achieve their NFL dream. Al Groh is an example. If I played defense of OLine i'm going to Virgina. He gets his players drafted.

Nature of the beast I guess, OKlahoma gets top of the line players at certain positions but honestly they've had a hard time landing top level QB's and skill position players outside of RB. Plus they're always slow....

They'd probably hit you with the "we don't get what SC or Florida gets"

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 04:25 PM
it's sad that i actually don't enjoy the football talk on here much anymore.

ROFL, I sat through the poop threads waiting for real football talk all offseason. Now that the draft is close enough people are taking it serious I didn't get any work done today.

Nature of the beast I guess, OKlahoma gets top of the line players at certain positions but honestly they've had a hard time landing top level QB's and skill position players outside of RB. Plus they're always slow....

They'd probably hit you with the "we don't get what SC or Florida gets"

How do you compete with the recruitment tool of beaches and nice weather. Really I don't follow college recruiting at all. I only care about the players once they're at the schools and start playing. Is it that OU focuses on other positions with an emphasise on RB's, or that they just can't land big name QB's and skill positions? Or are there just not enough top of the line Texas kids to go around for the Big 12?

Mecca
04-17-2009, 04:27 PM
ROFL, I sat through the poop threads waiting for real football talk all offseason. Now that the draft is close enough people are taking it serious I didn't get any work done today.

How do you compete with the recruitment tool of beaches and nice weather. Really I don't follow college recruiting at all. I only care about the players once they're at the schools and start playing. Is it that OU focuses on other positions with an emphasise on RB's, or that they just can't land big name QB's and skill positions? Or are there just not enough top of the line Texas kids to go around for the Big 12?

It has to do with their main recruiting base being Texas and here lately the Texas kids haven't been nearly as good as the Cali or Florida kids. Plus Texas is much tougher competition in recruiting than SC ever faces out in Cali or Florida is seeing right now.

Just take into account Sam Bradford was a 3 star recruit from Oklahoma.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 04:33 PM
It has to do with their main recruiting base being Texas and here lately the Texas kids haven't been nearly as good as the Cali or Florida kids. Plus Texas is much tougher competition in recruiting than SC ever faces out in Cali or Florida is seeing right now.

Just take into account Sam Bradford was a 3 star recruit from Oklahoma.

I figured as much. Throw into it that USC and Florida now always seem to be championship contenders and guys want to win and if you go to USC you get the added bonus of a pro scheme.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I figured as much. Throw into it that USC and Florida now always seem to be championship contenders and guys want to win and if you go to USC you get the added bonus of a pro scheme.

The spread has made 3 star kids like Bradford and McCoy look like a million bucks and if you told these coaches they're hurting their programs in the long run they'd argue about it.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 04:42 PM
The spread has made 3 star kids like Bradford and McCoy look like a million bucks and if you told these coaches they're hurting their programs in the long run they'd argue about it.

As soon as someone as hyped as Bradford busts maybe the top schools will change their ways. Of course that's probably asking too much Texas has all kinds of busts and people still want to go there.

Mecca
04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Oklahoma has had hardly anyone transition very well to the next level if you want to be honest about it.

Kyle DeLexus
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Well maybe the coaches that argue that they aren't hurting the long term value of their team are right. Personally I know if i'm going to go to the NFL I'm choosing a school that will get me ready to play in the NFL

Mecca
04-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Well maybe the coaches that argue that they aren't hurting the long term value of their team are right. Personally I know if i'm going to go to the NFL I'm choosing a school that will get me ready to play in the NFL

Alot of kids don't think about it, it's sad but true. Kids from Texas have immense pressure to go to schools like Texas and OU.

SC actually gets so many players one of the recruiting tactics used against them is 'If you go there you may never play how are you gonna get to the next level when you aren't on the field?"

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-17-2009, 06:40 PM

Alot of kids don't think about it, it's sad but true. Kids from Texas have immense pressure to go to schools like Texas and OU.

SC actually gets so many players one of the recruiting tactics used against them is 'If you go there you may never play how are you gonna get to the next level when you aren't on the field?"

The Virginia schools and SC are cranking out some players that have the potential to be really great. And as far as Texas/OU goes, what does it say that a "Son of Texas" like Stafford looks at their programs and says "fuck that"?
Georgia and Florida make some really good defensive players though.

RustShack
04-18-2009, 12:37 AM
That was sick how he was nailing those plates.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 12:42 AM
That was sick how he was nailing those plates.

And painful too.:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 12:43 AM
And painful too.:shake:

ADDENDUM:

It's Marino all over again. :doh!:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Imagine if you're Matt Stafford and you can titty fuck some of the hottest coeds in the world. Of course you're gonna go to UGA and hammer some strange. It's fucking hardcore.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Imagine if you're Matt Stafford and you can titty fuck some of the hottest coeds in the world. Of course you're gonna go to UGA and hammer some strange. It's fucking hardcore.

Fuckin-A; southern women know how to talk dirty, fuck dirty, and cook dirty rice!

Count...me...IN.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 02:58 AM
OK...DOUBLE PUSSIES...SHITSTAINED BALLS, CUM SWAPPING AND THE HANGING BRAIN!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 03:11 AM
OK...DOUBLE PUSSIES...SHITSTAINED BALLS, CUM SWAPPING AND THE HANGING BRAIN!!

:eek:ROFL

And I quote, "Hamas get's wasted bad".ROFL

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/road_house_1989_wade.jpg

kysirsoze
04-18-2009, 03:28 AM
:eek:ROFL

And I quote, "Hamas get's wasted bad".ROFL

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/road_house_1989_wade.jpg

The whole planet is a "Hamas is wasted thread" right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 03:30 AM
The whole planet is a "Hamas is wasted thread" right now.

And we're all the better for it.:evil:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 03:31 AM
It's not about the Arabian Goggles and the Hot Carl.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Or Pussy Juice Cocktail...or cum swapping and the hanging brain. It's not about the rattlesnake wiggle, and the alligator fuckhouse, donkey punch or the teabagging!!

kysirsoze
04-18-2009, 03:33 AM
It's not about the Arabian Goggles and the Hot Carl.

Then what the hell is it about?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Fuckin' shit!LMAO:BLVD:

kysirsoze
04-18-2009, 03:54 AM
****in' shit!LMAO:BLVD:

Should you change your avatar while drunk? That seems risky...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 03:58 AM
Should you change your avatar while drunk? That seems risky...

Yes, the whole balance of world power could shift dramatically! ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 04:01 AM
Enough Planet for one day, I'm out!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 04:01 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wd6a93.gifShould you change your avatar while drunk? That seems risky...

kysirsoze
04-18-2009, 04:03 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wd6a93.gif

ROFL I'm really glad you got back on to make one last point. ROFL

kysirsoze
04-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Enough Planet for one day, I'm out!

This.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 04:12 AM
ROFL I'm really glad you got back on to make one last point. ROFL

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa167/BlackB0nd/rockeyebrows.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 04:31 AM
STAFFORD IS GOD AND THE HOWITZER ATTACHED TO HIS SHOULDER IS HIS MESSAGE.

04-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Damn HJ get some sleep man. You have to be tired by now.:)

milkman
04-18-2009, 06:54 AM

I've heard Bill Polian discuss the Colts decision to draft Manning over Leaf, and their concerns that Manning didn't have elite arm strength and that he might have maxed out.

milkman
04-18-2009, 06:58 AM
With the roster changing all the time and the amount of teams, you can't judge a kid based on how many championships they won. Throw in the fact that more and more teams are going to the spread, which is a deadly offense in the college ranks due to a lack of speed and elite talent on defenses.

Now if they had an absolutely terrible team, that is cause for concern. They were a good team they just weren't the best.

In the NFL everything is supposed to be an even playing field. No one should hold Cassel to expectations like that, though. It's just not realistic. So many things have to go right in a season that it's ridiculous to hold someone to those standards. Hell, Peyton Manning has only won one with some great Indy teams, and IMO he is the greatest QB to ever play the game and would have been so if he hadn't won a championship.

Manning's level of play drops off in the post season.

Guys like Montana, Elway, Brady, and now Roethlisberger show up and make plays when games are on the line in the playoffs.

Manning doesn't.

Not the greatest QB ever.

Not even close.

milkman
04-18-2009, 07:03 AM
That's pretty damned impressive.

He missed one.

He's going to be a bust.

doomy3
04-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Yep, good ol' laughingstock Detroit turns out to be smarter than the mighty Jesus GM; who'da thunk it? :doh!:

:spock:

Yeah, Detroit is way smarter because they happen to have the number one pick. If they take Stafford at one, which is what I said, how the hell do you make the connection that they are smarter than the Chiefs when we wouldn't have a chance at Stafford anyway?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 04:40 PM
:spock:

Yeah, Detroit is way smarter because they happen to have the number one pick. If they take Stafford at one, which is what I said, how the hell do you make the connection that they are smarter than the Chiefs when we wouldn't have a chance at Stafford anyway?

If we wanted a chance at Stafford, surely Jesus GM could have wheeled and dealed in His celestial manner to make it happen. He chose the fork in the road with the signpost that said "safer". Deny it not, for it is the truth and there is no point in bickering about it. Aided by the Ghost of Blackledge, the Marino Circle is now complete.

After watching the presser with those two and observing facial expressions, I could not help but notice that Jesus GM was a little irritable when discussing the 1st Messiah and his aged compatriot, Sir Ingram the Elder.
It was if he were not pleased that some in the fan community would question the Awesomeness of the 1st Messiah...
Meh. Welcome to football, big boy!
We'll jump off to a faster start with Cassel than Detroit or whoever takes Sanchez, but come talk to me about 5 years from now, and 5 to 8 years after that!

There's some push for "win now" going on, do not deny it. Two losing seasons combined with construction costs have produced a need for immediate revenue generation, and the only way to get that happening is to get those True Fans and former DiPardo groupies asses back in the seats!
Let the hickory smoke fill the parking lots! Stock the pro shop with throwbacks!
7 and 9,
HERE WE COME!!! :doh!:

doomy3
04-18-2009, 05:29 PM
If we wanted a chance at Stafford, surely Jesus GM could have wheeled and dealed in His celestial manner to make it happen. He chose the fork in the road with the signpost that said "safer". Deny it not, for it is the truth and there is no point in bickering about it. Aided by the Ghost of Blackledge, the Marino Circle is now complete.

After watching the presser with those two and observing facial expressions, I could not help but notice that Jesus GM was a little irritable when discussing the 1st Messiah and his aged compatriot, Sir Ingram the Elder.
It was if he were not pleased that some in the fan community would question the Awesomeness of the 1st Messiah...
Meh. Welcome to football, big boy!
We'll jump off to a faster start with Cassel than Detroit or whoever takes Sanchez, but come talk to me about 5 years from now, and 5 to 8 years after that!

There's some push for "win now" going on, do not deny it. Two losing seasons combined with construction costs have produced a need for immediate revenue generation, and the only way to get that happening is to get those True Fans and former DiPardo groupies asses back in the seats!
Let the hickory smoke fill the parking lots! Stock the pro shop with throwbacks!
7 and 9,
HERE WE COME!!! :doh!:

Yeah, I'm sure all Scott Pioli, the former GM of the Patriots, is worried about is filling the seats. He has already won Super Bowls, so I'm sure he's just not that interested in that stuff anymore.

If you really believe the shit that you post, then you are even dumber than I thought.

And I am a big fan of Stafford, but if you are implying that we should have traded basically our whole draft this year and some picks next year to move up to #1 to get him, then you are even dumber than I thought.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'm sure all Scott Pioli, the former GM of the Patriots, is worried about is filling the seats. He has already won Super Bowls, so I'm sure he's just not that interested in that stuff anymore.

If you really believe the shit that you post, then you are even dumber than I thought.

And I am a big fan of Stafford, but if you are implying that we should have traded basically our whole draft this year and some picks next year to move up to #1 to get him, then you are even dumber than I thought.

And you're implying that economics have no bearing on the overall plan for the Chiefs first year under the new regime.

Try again Alfalfa.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM

Scott Pioli was never GM of the Patriots.