PDA

View Full Version : If the Lions draft Stafford and the Chiefs take Sanchez

LaChapelle
04-17-2009, 09:08 AM
...WTF happens next? Well, after the rain of boos from the Jet fans.

Does the Chiefs phones light up like a Christmas tree? Wheeling and dealing net a profit?

Will the Chiefs be hated for decades?

Josh Freeman shoot up the draft chart?

EDIT: If the Sanchez pick at #3 makes your head hurt too much. The Lions take Sanchez #1 and the Chiefs take Stafford at #3.

shitgoose
04-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Teams start blowing up Seattle so they can take Curry.....

Brock
04-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Teams start blowing up Seattle so they can take Curry.....

ROFL

Lex Luthors
04-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Do you really think the Chiefs are going to draft Sanchez?

Really?

Chiefnj2
04-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't think KC will risk using a 3rd round pick on a player that they then want to flip.

htismaqe
04-17-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't think KC will risk using a 3rd round pick on a player that they then want to flip.

They won't have to. If there's teams that want Sanchez, they'll be trading as soon as the Chiefs even feint picking him.

LaChapelle
04-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Do you really think the Chiefs are going to draft Sanchez?

Really?

If he is the highest rated player left on their board? Considering the price tag that comes with #3. Yes

Chiefnj2
04-17-2009, 10:31 AM
They won't have to. If there's teams that want Sanchez, they'll be trading as soon as the Chiefs even feint picking him.

Nobody, except for a few members of this board, think KC has any interest in drafting Sanchez.

Brock
04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Nobody, except for a few members of this board, think KC has any interest in drafting Sanchez.

Many people everywhere think the Seahawks do.

eazyb81
04-17-2009, 10:40 AM

Right, but that doesn't mean they couldn't call everyone's bluff and pick him with the plan of trading him to the highest bidder.

Definitely a risky move, but Pioli and the Pats have been calling bluffs for years. Who knows.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 10:43 AM
...WTF happens next? Well, after the rain of boos from the Jet fans.

Does the Chiefs phones light up like a Christmas tree? Wheeling and dealing net a profit?

Will the Chiefs be hated for decades?

Josh Freeman shoot up the draft chart?

Please stop this "Draft Sanchez and hold the draft hostage" bullshit. It won't happen. No team, no person put in charge of personel/draft, no GM would even remotely consider doing this. Ever. Just stop.

eazyb81
04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Please stop this "Draft Sanchez and hold the draft hostage" bullshit. It won't happen. No team, no person put in charge of personel/draft, no GM would even remotely consider doing this. Ever. Just stop.

What in the hell are you babbling about? No team has even drafted a player with the intention of trading him shortly after AND ended up doing it? Is this your first draft?

I don't think anyone is saying it is likely or even probable, but it certainly could happen.

Brock
04-17-2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks, Mr. Expert.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
What in the hell are you babbling about? No team has even drafted a player with the intention of trading him shortly after AND ended up doing it? Is this your first draft?

Yep, this is my first draft. I'm a noob, and you are a draft guru. By all means, let's draft Sanchez and hope we can trade him to somebody later on in the day. Sounds great. I'm glad you were here to help me out on this perfectly logical, practical and sure to happen scenario.

Brock
04-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Or you could draft Sanchez and just keep him. I know KC fans aren't used to having good QBs, so it may take some getting used to.

eazyb81
04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Yep, this is my first draft. I'm a noob, and you are a draft guru. By all means, let's draft Sanchez and hope we can trade him to somebody later on in the day. Sounds great. I'm glad you were here to help me out on this perfectly logical, practical and sure to happen scenario.

Thanks for coming to your senses. Might want to sit back and read some posts for awhile instead of making anymore inane posts.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 10:58 AM

Are you and SensibleChiefsFan the same person?

If not, it's hard to believe that two people could be so fucking stupid when it comes to the Chiefs and the NFL.

Shocking, really.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 10:58 AM

2004, Dumbfuck.

LaChapelle
04-17-2009, 10:59 AM

You're reading too much into it, consider post #15. Re-read it, or just forget it.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Look, I appreciate your enthusiasm regarding Sanchez and holding the rest of the draft hostage: your thoughts of joy at imagining the rest of the league licking the boots of Pioli, mortgaging the futures of their franchises in hopes that they would get a chance at Sanchez after the Chiefs decided to pick him, but that's not going to happen.

The pick will be traded, or an agreement with another team will be made that if the Chiefs pick Sanchez, then the other team in question will pick "Player A" and will then trade him to the Chiefs for Sanchez and additional compensation, but it is a near forgone conclusion that you don't pick a player with the sole purpose of then trading the player later on in the draft or whenever without some deal/agreement with another team. You just don't. I think that these draft hypotheticals are fun and all, but something like this is so far beyond the realm of possibility that it's silly to even consider it.

Now, if the Chiefs wanted Sanchez, that's another story altogether. However, I think that it's highly unlikely that they would spend their first two picks in this years draft on quarterbacks, especially considering how many holes that they have on both sides of the ball.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks for coming to your senses. Might want to sit back and read some posts for awhile instead of making anymore inane posts.

Thanks. I'll just sit back and read this thread over and over and over just to make sure that I have a complete understanding of what the opposite of inane means in terms of the NFL draft.

LaChapelle
04-17-2009, 11:07 AM
You're like a turtle that chomps down on a tree root and won't let go because he saw it move. Drown.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
2004, Dumb****.

Not even remotely close.

Drew Brees, at that point, was considered a bust. Chargers were intent on drafting another quarterback, and wanted Manning. Manning pitched an Elwayian level hissy fit about playing for them, and they decided that a trade with the Giants, who selected Phil Rivers, was the best option at that point.

They did not go into that draft looking to select Manning and then hold the rest of the draft "hostage." They selected him to be their quarterback of the future, the franchise, whathaveyou.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:14 AM
You're reading too much into it, consider post #15. Re-read it, or just forget it.

Do you seriously think it's practical for a team with as many needs as the Chiefs to use their first two picks on quarterbacks?

If we didn't trade our second round pick for Cassel, would you be happy to see the Chiefs pick Sanchez with the #3 then, say, Josh Freeman with their second rounder? Does that make sense to you?

kcbubb
04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
2004, Dumb****.

The Manning-Rivers trade was completely different. If the Chargers got stuck with Manning, that was ok with them. They wanted to draft a QB anyway and they did with Philip Rivers with the #4 pick. They were already planning on Brees leaving.

The Chiefs are entirely different. They just got their QB and if they can't work out a trade for Sanchez and have to keep him that would be terrible for the Chiefs. Way too risky for Pioli to do that with his first 1st round pick as the GM of the Chiefs.

Brock
04-17-2009, 11:22 AM
They just got their QB and if they can't work out a trade for Sanchez and have to keep him that would be terrible for the Chiefs.

No, not really.

DaneMcCloud
Not even remotely close.

Drew Brees, at that point, was considered a bust. Chargers were intent on drafting another quarterback, and wanted Manning. Manning pitched an Elwayian level hissy fit about playing for them, and they decided that a trade with the Giants, who selected Phil Rivers, was the best option at that point.

They did not go into that draft looking to select Manning and then hold the rest of the draft "hostage." They selected him to be their quarterback of the future, the franchise, whathaveyou.

Is there anyone in this forum LESS informed that you?

Seriously. Where do you get this shit?

DaneMcCloud
The Manning-Rivers trade was completely different. If the Chargers got stuck with Manning, that was ok with them. They wanted to draft a QB anyway and they did with Philip Rivers with the #4 pick. They were already planning on Brees leaving.

The Chiefs are entirely different. They just got their QB and if they can't work out a trade for Sanchez and have to keep him that would be terrible for the Chiefs. Way too risky for Pioli to do that with his first 1st round pick as the GM of the Chiefs.

The Boob strikes again.

JFC.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
You're like a turtle that chomps down on a tree root and won't let go because he saw it move. Drown.

Or I could be like the opossum who is watching a conversation between a squirrel and a rabbit about the rabbit telling the squirrel that alfa is a substantially better food source than clover, but that seeing that the monkey also agreed that hay was a near as excellent choice, but only if you were a bovine or a bovine-related animal such as a okapu, but then the field mouse said that that would be more in-line with a porcine type animal, but then the wise racoon who has a touch of senility due to his advanced age states that giraffes and black footed Iberian hogs have little in common with each other other than being mammalian, but then so is a platypus and they are just unique, but the squirrel, taken aback by this insight demands a loaf of olive bread.

The opossum just shakes his head while muttering "Jesus Christ, you are a bunch of dumbshits."

SAUTO
04-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Or I could be like the opossum who is watching a conversation between a squirrel and a rabbit about the rabbit telling the squirrel that alfa is a substantially better food source than clover, but that seeing that the monkey also agreed that hay was a near as excellent choice, but only if you were a bovine or a bovine-related animal such as a okapu, but then the field mouse said that that would be more in-line with a porcine type animal, but then the wise racoon who has a touch of senility due to his advanced age states that giraffes and black footed Iberian hogs have little in common with each other other than being mammalian, but then so is a platypus and they are just unique, but the squirrel, taken aback by this insight demands a loaf of olive bread.

The opossum just shakes his head while muttering "Jesus Christ, you are a bunch of dumbshits."

the lion could come in and eat ALL of them so who gives a fuck?:D

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Is there anyone in this forum LESS informed that you?

Lots of people. Sometimes I include you in that grouping. More often than not actually. Although, you do, every so often, say something of value or relevance. It's not often though.

Seriously. Where do you get this shit?

If the Magic 8 Ball isn't working, I usually go to the oujia board.

kcbubb
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM

Taking Sanchez with the first pick with the intention of keeping him is very unlikely. First, Pioli and Haley like Cassel and have a prior relationship with him. They believe in Cassel. Why would they undermine him and not give him more weapons to be successful with?

Secondly, this is a 2-14 with a ton of holes. Selecting Sanchez would be the equivalent of taking a QB in the first and 2nd rounds. You don't do that on the 2-14 team. You pick one and try to help him win by surrounding him with talent on offense or helping the defense so that the offense doesn't have to score as many points to win.

Third, even if selecting Sanchez helps the Chiefs in the long term, football is still a business for the Chiefs and they are going to run it like one. They can't totally ditch the present for the future. They obviously are trying to win with the additions of older players like Zach Thomas and Bobby Engram that won't be here long enough to help the chiefs reach a superbowl. They want to win now and selecting Sanchez does not help them win now. It actually would probably cause a distraction and undermine Cassel and could be a detriment to winning.

The Chiefs will not select Sanchez unless a trade has been predetermined. They will definitely not pick Sanchez and keep him.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Although, you do, every so often, say something of value or relevance.

Here's something of value or relevance: Go FUCK yourself with an icepick.

kcbubb
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Look, I appreciate your enthusiasm regarding Sanchez and holding the rest of the draft hostage: your thoughts of joy at imagining the rest of the league licking the boots of Pioli, mortgaging the futures of their franchises in hopes that they would get a chance at Sanchez after the Chiefs decided to pick him, but that's not going to happen.

The pick will be traded, or an agreement with another team will be made that if the Chiefs pick Sanchez, then the other team in question will pick "Player A" and will then trade him to the Chiefs for Sanchez and additional compensation, but it is a near forgone conclusion that you don't pick a player with the sole purpose of then trading the player later on in the draft or whenever without some deal/agreement with another team. You just don't. I think that these draft hypotheticals are fun and all, but something like this is so far beyond the realm of possibility that it's silly to even consider it.

Now, if the Chiefs wanted Sanchez, that's another story altogether. However, I think that it's highly unlikely that they would spend their first two picks in this years draft on quarterbacks, especially considering how many holes that they have on both sides of the ball.

You idiot! Don't you know that all NFL teams take QBs in the 1st and 2nd rounds in the same year of the draft!!! I'll tell you the teams that have done that! umm ummm..... umm.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 11:35 AM
They obviously are trying to win with the additions of older players like Zach Thomas and Bobby Engram that won't be here long enough to help the chiefs reach a superbowl. They want to win now and selecting Sanchez does not help them win now. It actually would probably cause a distraction and undermine Cassel and could be a detriment to winning.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Are you FUCKING kidding me? "Obviously trying to win now?".

What the fuck is wrong with you?

JFC.

kcbubb
04-17-2009, 11:44 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Are you ****ING kidding me? "Obviously trying to win now?".

What the **** is wrong with you?

JFC.

7-9 could win the division this year. if the chiefs finish the season with 6 wins, they will have been in the hunt for a playoff spot and that puts fans in the seats and money in the owners pockets. yes, this is a business and yes it is about money.

did you see the stadium at the end of the year? not winning now, produces empty stadiums and no $$$... the chiefs want money and being in the hunt for a playoff spot will put fans in the seats and money in their pockets, so yes they want to win now, at least enough to be competitive so fans will show up.

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
You idiot! Don't you know that all NFL teams take QBs in the 1st and 2nd rounds in the same year of the draft!!! I'll tell you the teams that have done that! umm ummm..... umm.

Wait! I know! The Eagles in 2007! They wanted to draft Brady Quinn, dreamed about it, even brought a large bottle of KY and a stack of Lindy's 2006 college football mags to the draft so that they could fulfill those fantasies, then, when their fantasies and dreams were so vivid, so realistic about drafting the young Mr. Quinn, that they then decided to take Kevin Kolb with their second round pick.

Anyway, that's as close as I can ever remember a team drafting quarterbacks with their first and second round picks.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 11:46 AM
7-9 could win the division this year.

Oh, JFC.

REALLY? Are you THIS fucking stupid?

REALLY?

Please, just go the fuck away.

Brock
04-17-2009, 11:46 AM
7-9 could win the division this year. if the chiefs finish the season with 6 wins, they will have been in the hunt for a playoff spot and that puts fans in the seats and money in the owners pockets.

Carl, how are you doing?

Saccopoo
04-17-2009, 11:52 AM
the lion could come in and eat ALL of them so who gives a ****?:D

The Tawny Scrawny Lion?

Who ate monkeys on Mondays?

Oh, you lucky rabbit!

I think I'm going to make some stew for dinner tonight. Yum!

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-17-2009, 11:57 AM
We could draft Sanchez and offer him to Seattle for the #4 and their 2nd.

Then we could take whoever we want

kcbubb
04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh, JFC.

REALLY? Are you THIS ****ing stupid?

REALLY?

Please, just go the **** away.

are you serious??? you know that 8-8 won it last year!!!! and the division could be getting worse.

kcbubb
04-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Carl, how are you doing?

that's just how it is. why else would you sign two 36 year old players??? why not keep your 4th rounder last year and develop him? He's obviously a better long term prospect.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 12:23 PM
are you serious??? you know that 8-8 won it last year!!!! and the division could be getting worse.

Give me a fucking break.

The Chargers should have been 9-7. So much so that the NFL has enacted the "Hochuli" rule. Furthermore, they beat a 12-4 team and lost to Pittsburgh on the road without the services of their best running back.

They lost Merriman early for the year and he'll return this year. With another solid draft (WR, RB, CB, etc.), San Diego will be a threat to win it all.

Do you WATCH the NFL or just the Chiefs?

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
that's just how it is. why else would you sign two 36 year old players??? why not keep your 4th rounder last year and develop him? He's obviously a better long term prospect.

I guess you can't fucking read.

In yesterday's presser, Pioli said they signed both Engram AND Zach Thomas to be examples for the younger players. Arriving to mini-camp on time and in excellent physical condition. Being a professional football player year 'round. He said they can also still play football but the main reason they were signed was to lead by example.

JFC.

Go away.

HemiEd
04-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Here's something of value or relevance: Go **** yourself with an icepick.
Dane is making friends again. ROFL

Reaper16
04-17-2009, 01:26 PM
7-9 could win the division this year. if the chiefs finish the season with 6 wins, they will have been in the hunt for a playoff spot and that puts fans in the seats and money in the owners pockets. yes, this is a business and yes it is about money.

did you see the stadium at the end of the year? not winning now, produces empty stadiums and no $$$... the chiefs want money and being in the hunt for a playoff spot will put fans in the seats and money in their pockets, so yes they want to win now, at least enough to be competitive so fans will show up.
I really want to kick you in the neck.

HemiEd
04-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I really want to kick you in the neck.

I find it humorous, very humorous. ROFL

bdeg
04-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Give me a ****ing break.

The Chargers should have been 9-7. So much so that the NFL has enacted the "Hochuli" rule. Furthermore, they beat a 12-4 team and lost to Pittsburgh on the road without the services of their best running back.

They lost Merriman early for the year and he'll return this year. With another solid draft (WR, RB, CB, etc.), San Diego will be a threat to win it all.

Do you WATCH the NFL or just the Chiefs?

What would their record be if Rivers gets injured? Jamal Williams will continue his decline, not to mention LT. Any number of things could go wrong with that team that would entirely open up the division. There is a good CHANCE that 7-9 could indeed win the division next year.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 04:47 PM
What would their record be if Rivers gets injured? Jamal Williams will continue his decline, not to mention LT. Any number of things could go wrong with that team that would entirely open up the division. There is a good CHANCE that 7-9 could indeed win the division next year.

That's ridiculous. Pure conjecture.

What would their record have been if LT and Merriman hadn't been hurt last year?

That's a stupid game to play.

bdeg
04-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Let's not get into the 'there's a chance' argument, but I'm not as sold on Rivers as most. I think pissing away their first rounder on Craig Davis will catch up to them eventually, Sproles looks good but LT doesn't have it anymore. They've got a few holes, and injuries to one of a few positions and you're looking at a very average team.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Let's not get into the 'there's a chance' argument, but I'm not as sold on Rivers as most. I think pissing away their first rounder on Craig Davis will catch up to them eventually, Sproles looks good but LT doesn't have it anymore. They've got a few holes, and injuries to one of a few positions and you're looking at a very average team.

So, you don't think they'll improve in the draft? You don't think that AJ Smith has been one of the better GM's in the league at identifying talent?

Somehow I get the feeling that we're not watching the same team. The same team that lost the AFC Championship game in New England (while LT was hurt), the same team that lost to Pittsburgh (when LT was hurt), the same team that whooped the Colts (who were 12-4).

The only thing the Chargers did wrong last year was not keeping Michael Turner. They should have let LT go. In that case, you could have been looking at a Super Bowl team.

I think the Chargers "rebound" from 8-8 (9-7) and go at least 11-5 with a decent draft.

bdeg
04-17-2009, 05:10 PM
entirely possible but by no stretch of the imagination a foregone conclusion.
Hypothetically, what do you predict their record would be if Rivers gets injured week 1?

Mr. Krab
04-17-2009, 05:10 PM
The Chiefs drafting a QB at #3 is a possibility until Cassel signs a long term deal. It opens several options up.

1. Draft a QB and then trade Cassel to someone(Denver?)
2. Draft a QB and then let Cassel ride on his 1-year deal until next year or we think the draftee is ready and then trade him.

Unlikely, but feasible.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2009, 05:13 PM
entirely possible but by no stretch of the imagination a foregone conclusion.
Hypothetically, what do you predict their record would be if Rivers gets injured week 1?

Who knows?

Maybe they have Matt Cassel or Tom Brady version 2.0 on their roster.

Again, we can hypothesize all day.

What if JaMarcus Russell "gets it"? What if the Raiders line improves through draft, opening huge holes for McFadden? I mean theoretically, the Raiders could have a huge year if things worked out. Lots of young talent. Do I think it'll happen?

No.

Tiger's Fan
04-17-2009, 08:55 PM
So, you don't think they'll improve in the draft? You don't think that AJ Smith has been one of the better GM's in the league at identifying talent?

Somehow I get the feeling that we're not watching the same team. The same team that lost the AFC Championship game in New England (while LT was hurt), the same team that lost to Pittsburgh (when LT was hurt), the same team that whooped the Colts (who were 12-4).

The only thing the Chargers did wrong last year was not keeping Michael Turner. They should have let LT go. In that case, you could have been looking at a Super Bowl team.

I think the Chargers "rebound" from 8-8 (9-7) and go at least 11-5 with a decent draft.

You seem to have a lot more faith in Norv that I do. That 31st ranked pass D doesn't look too scary either, no matter what Meccas jizz rag has written on it. Shaun Phillips will be the best LBer on that team when roidman falls off a bit, and he will. LT is practically done, and Sproles is already better than he'll ever be again, even as a situational back. If anything happens to Rivers, they're cooked with Volek back there. They're a semi aging team, whose window is unquestionably slamming shut soon. I'd worry more about the Fade. Their defense is better.

bdeg
04-17-2009, 09:12 PM
You seem to have a lot more faith in Norv that I do. That 31st ranked pass D doesn't look too scary either, no matter what Meccas jizz rag has written on it. Shaun Phillips will be the best LBer on that team when roidman falls off a bit, and he will. LT is practically done, and Sproles is already better than he'll ever be again, even as a situational back. If anything happens to Rivers, they're cooked with Volek back there. They're a semi aging team, whose window is unquestionably slamming shut soon. I'd worry more about the Fade. Their defense is better.

Thing is Sproles, while being too small to carry an entire load, is the perfect back to take advantage of their oline, especially if they can upgrade the RT.

SBK
04-17-2009, 09:35 PM
If we draft Sanchez it wouldn't be the rookie that would be getting traded. I actually think Cassel would be playing this year and they'd trade him next year.

Slim chance of that happening though.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Who knows?

Maybe they have Matt Cassel or Tom Brady version 2.0 on their roster.

Again, we can hypothesize all day.

What if JaMarcus Russell "gets it"? What if the Raiders line improves through draft, opening huge holes for McFadden? I mean theoretically, the Raiders could have a huge year if things worked out. Lots of young talent. Do I think it'll happen?

No.

JR will never get it. He will keep the Raiders down for a number of years. He's brain dead !

SBK
04-18-2009, 09:11 AM
JR will never get it. He will keep the Raiders down for a number of years. He's brain dead !

I thought is name around here was JaBUSTus?

LaChapelle
04-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Sanchez is like politics or religon. You're wasting your time bring it up. It leads no where or to foxholes at best.

KCDC
04-18-2009, 02:41 PM
It's nice to dream about screwing with the minds of Denver, Washington and the Jets by taking Sanchez and hoping they would give you #3 value or better. But, there is just as much likelihood that they laugh and wait for us to come crawling to them later to deal either Cassel or Sanchez to them for a second rounder next year. If we take Sanchez, it will be because another team was in the midst of a trade with us to take him and the time runs out on our pick. We'd take him so that we could complete the trade before the other team picked.

The same scenario with Monroe. We take him for trade bait. The difference is that, if no one wanted him later, we could plug him in the line and use him right away.

SBK
04-18-2009, 02:51 PM
It's nice to dream about screwing with the minds of Denver, Washington and the Jets by taking Sanchez and hoping they would give you #3 value or better. But, there is just as much likelihood that they laugh and wait for us to come crawling to them later to deal either Cassel or Sanchez to them for a second rounder next year. If we take Sanchez, it will be because another team was in the midst of a trade with us to take him and the time runs out on our pick. We'd take him so that we could complete the trade before the other team picked.

The same scenario with Monroe. We take him for trade bait. The difference is that, if no one wanted him later, we could plug him in the line and use him right away.

If we take a QB at 3 that's our QBOTF. Cassel may hold down the fort this year, he may not, but he's the one that would be moving on.

kcbubb
04-18-2009, 04:19 PM
I guess you can't ****ing read.

In yesterday's presser, Pioli said they signed both Engram AND Zach Thomas to be examples for the younger players. Arriving to mini-camp on time and in excellent physical condition. Being a professional football player year 'round. He said they can also still play football but the main reason they were signed was to lead by example.

JFC.

Go away.

yeah. they want them to lead them to win some games. they do need leadership, but they lose a roster spot for possibly developing a talented but inexperienced player that could help them win when they may actually have a chance to win a SB.

I can't believe that you are arguing with me about this. The chiefs want to win now, at least enough to sell some tickets. The AFC west is the weakest division in football and they should have a chance to win some games and keep the fans interested. that's all i'm saying. how can you argue with that???

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2009, 04:20 PM

That dumb turd was playing pretty good at the end of last season.

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I can't believe that you are arguing with me about this. The chiefs want to win now, at least enough to sell some tickets. The AFC west is the weakest division in football and they should have a chance to win some games and keep the fans interested. that's all i'm saying. how can you argue with that???

Thats how Carl Peterson kept his job for 20 years.

milkman
04-19-2009, 06:01 AM

AFC.

You aren't really this fucking stupid are you?

If the Chiefs take Sanchez with the hope that they can dangle him in trade later in the draft, you can bet your dumb ass that they won't settle for a 2nd rounder for the #3 overall pick in the draft.

If they don't find a partner that wants to give them equal value, they'll just keep Sanchez.

The suggestion that we'd give him up for a 2nd rounder is probably the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.

milkman
04-19-2009, 06:06 AM
yeah. they want them to lead them to win some games. they do need leadership, but they lose a roster spot for possibly developing a talented but inexperienced player that could help them win when they may actually have a chance to win a SB.

You think the Chiefs have a chance to win some games?

Have you looked at the schedule?

The Chiefs play 4 consecutive games against the NFC East.
They play the Ravens, the Steelers, The Jags in Jacksonville.

Their out of division schedule is brutal.

It'll be an accoplishment to win 6 games.

Chiefnj2
04-19-2009, 07:21 AM
To flip Sanchez, KC would have to get a 1st this year, 2nd this year and a first next year from a top 17 team. Isnt going to happen.

Brock
04-19-2009, 08:02 AM
To flip Sanchez, KC would have to get a 1st this year, 2nd this year and a first next year from a top 17 team. Isnt going to happen.

They could get a player too. But the price you're talking about there isn't out of line, like you seem to think.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2009, 09:31 AM
We're talking Old Testament Biblical, real wrath of God type stuff. 40 years of darkness, the dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice. Dogs and cats, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!