PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports NBA playoffs...who will win it all?

Gracie Dean
04-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I like the SPURS, but they have had some injuries that will make it hard for them this playoff season. They did finish out the season better than expected tho.

who do you think will take it?

Basileus777
04-18-2009, 09:10 PM
There's a thead about this two threads down.

Pioli Zombie
04-18-2009, 09:13 PM
ABC is PRAYING for a Celtics-Lakers again but without KG they will love Cavs-Lakers

LeBron vs Kobe. Wow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
04-18-2009, 09:23 PM
There's a thead about this two threads down.

well, this isn't an offical thread or anything, just wanted an off the cuff who do you think will win it...who is your fav sort of thread

but thank you anyway

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
04-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Lakers :D

Basileus777
04-18-2009, 09:29 PM
There are only three legitimate contenders this year: LA, Cleveland, and Orlando. No one else has a chance.

RNR
04-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Anybody but the rapist and the Lakers

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
04-18-2009, 09:37 PM
There are only three legitimate contenders this year: LA, Cleveland, and Orlando. No one else has a chance.

what about DET? ROFL

Pioli Zombie
04-18-2009, 09:40 PM
If the Celtics can't do it I would love LeBron to finally put to rest the assinine notion of some that Kobe is the best player in the NBA.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
04-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Anybody but the rapist and the Lakers

who are the rapist?

kcxiv
04-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Lakers and Cav's and Kobe and the Lakers will do to them what they did in the regular season. Made Lebron pretty much a non factor.

Lebron is a damned fine player, but he still doesnt have that killer instinct in big games. I hope both teams make it to the end. I would love to see it.

Basileus777
04-18-2009, 09:45 PM
LeBron has a killer instinct. If Cleveland loses to LA it will be because the Cavs can't match up with the Lakers front court.

Pioli Zombie
04-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Lakers and Cav's and Kobe and the Lakers will do to them what they did in the regular season. Made Lebron pretty much a non factor.

Lebron is a damned fine player, but he still doesnt have that killer instinct in big games. I hope both teams make it to the end. I would love to see it.

Having my team play both LeBron and Kobe in last years playoffs one thing was real clear to me as a fan. LeBron scared the crap out of me. Kobe didn't.
Kobe hasn't won any more without Shaq than LeBron has.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
04-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Having my team play both LeBron and Kobe in last years playoffs one thing was real clear to me as a fan. LeBron scared the crap out of me. Kobe didn't.
Kobe hasn't won any more without Shaq than LeBron has.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, but Kobe can take and carry his team in the 4th quarter, he can lay back for 3 quarters then go off for 20-25 points in 1 quarter if he has too.

http://www.nba.com/games/20090208/LALCLE/boxscore.html

look at the box score when they played one another. Lebron had horrible numbers, that was in Cleveland without Bynum. Kobe didnt have a great game either, but he didnt need to have one. The thing here is, if Kobe has a bad game, the Lakers can still win. If Lebron has a bad game, well that happens.

http://www.nba.com/games/20090119/CLELAL/boxscore.html

First game in L.A. Again, Kobe didnt have a good game, either did Lebron and the Lakers bitch-slapped them.

Hydrae
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
ABC is PRAYING for a Celtics-Lakers again but without KG they will love Cavs-Lakers

LeBron vs Kobe. Wow.
Posted via Mobile Device

So is the NBA. Then LeBron goes to NY and they can crank up the media exposure and he will be the face of the league.

Crush
04-18-2009, 09:59 PM
We all know that the NBA is going to fix it to be Cavs vs. Lakers. The rest of the playoffs is just cannon fodder to make the whole damn thing seem legitimate.

Pioli Zombie
04-18-2009, 10:00 PM
No, but Kobe can take and carry his team in the 4th quarter, he can lay back for 3 quarters then go off for 20-25 points in 1 quarter if he has too.

http://www.nba.com/games/20090208/LALCLE/boxscore.html

look at the box score when they played one another. Lebron had horrible numbers, that was in Cleveland without Bynum. Kobe didnt have a great game either, but he didnt need to have one. The thing here is, if Kobe has a bad game, the Lakers can still win. If Lebron has a bad game, well that happens.
Well that's the point. Kobe has a better supporting cast. But to say Lebron doesn't carry his team? Um,ok. Sure.
Last year. Game 7. Celtics-Cavs
LeBron was amazing almost beat the Big 3 single handedly Kobe in the Finals didn't scare me one bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
04-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Well that's the point. Kobe has a better supporting cast. But to say Lebron doesn't carry his team? Um,ok. Sure.
Last year. Game 7. Celtics-Cavs
LeBron was amazing almost beat the Big 3 single handedly Kobe in the Finals didn't scare me one bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cavs as a team doesnt scare me one bit if the Lakers face them in the Finals. I want this to happen. :)

Hydrae
04-18-2009, 10:04 PM
well, this isn't an offical thread or anything, just wanted an off the cuff who do you think will win it...who is your fav sort of thread

but thank you anyway

As to my fav, I am a Blazer fan if anything. Don't pay a lot of attention to the NBA until this time of year. It is nice seeing Portland in the playoffs. They look like they have a nice foundation going. Probably won't do a lot this year but the future looks decent.

Pioli Zombie
04-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Cavs as a team doesnt scare me one bit if the Lakers face them in the Finals. I want this to happen. :)

Oh I agree. Lakers beat Cavs. But LeBron is better than Kobe.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
04-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

How can you say hes better?

He had a better year, but Kobe played probably 500 Minutes less than Lebron.

Edit; Okay I'm and idiot.

But still Kobe didn't have to go 100% all season.

He'll step it up in the playoffs.

Gracie Dean
04-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

If it comes down to Cavs/Lakers...I am totally rooting for the Cavs. I can not stand KOBE

Rigodan
04-18-2009, 10:42 PM
If it comes down to Cavs/Lakers...I am totally rooting for the Cavs. I can not stand KOBE

this

Basileus777
04-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Something tells me Portland isn't going to win it all.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-18-2009, 11:23 PM
I know my mavs wont take it, but as long as they beat the hated Spurs then im happy

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I can't imagine anyone beating Lebron over the course of a 7 game series. He's a force of nature right now.

kcxiv
04-18-2009, 11:25 PM
How can you say hes better?

He had a better year, but Kobe played probably 500 Minutes less than Lebron.

Edit; Okay I'm and idiot.

But still Kobe didn't have to go 100% all season.

He'll step it up in the playoffs.

Yeah, he played a little hurt as well. He's getting older and Lebron will be the best outright very soon, but Kobe doesnt have to carry the load like he did for a few years. As long as Lakers win, i could care less about anything else. lol

Psyko Tek
04-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Suns FAn here

I don't like KObe
I don't think he has the hert

i will always reammber him folding up with a 3to 1 lead agianst the suns a few years back

hey just laid down and set on the bench

don't know that much about LeBron
but Kobe ain't the second coming

MJ is still the best

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I can't imagine anyone beating Lebron over the course of a 7 game series. He's a force of nature right now.

Only one guy in the world can beat him plus that other guy has a better team around him. I gotta go with Kobe over LeBron.

Basileus777
04-18-2009, 11:28 PM
As good as the Cavs are, they have matchup issues with Orlando and LA, mostly relating to their old and slow frontcourt. They're the favorites, but I can see them losing a series.

kcxiv
04-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Suns FAn here

I don't like KObe

i will always reammber him folding up with a 3to 1 lead agianst the suns a few years back

MJ is still the bestlol, he doesnt have the heart? you ever seen what this guy does every day to get ready? he works out for 2 hours on gameday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4068270

read that if you dont think he has any heart.

btw, MJ wont be topped for years and years, he could have easily had 8 straight rings. Kobe just has to be great.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-18-2009, 11:34 PM
As good as the Cavs are, they have matchup issues with Orlando and LA, mostly relating to their old and slow frontcourt. They're the favorites, but I can see them losing a series.

In the last 2 minutes of playoff games, it generally comes down to who the best player on the court is. When he wants to get to the hole, there isn't going to be anyone who can stop LeBron, and Dwight Howard is not prolific enough on the offensive end nor dominant enough on the defensive end to strap his team on his back.

Orlando is a good regular season team, but I don't think they are built to succeed in the playoffs.

Reaper16
04-18-2009, 11:36 PM
As long as its Lakers vs Cavs or Magic, I will be happily enjoying every game. I think that its LeBron's year, but the Magic have always been my NBA team, so I'm pulling for 'em.

Basileus777
04-18-2009, 11:37 PM
In the last 2 minutes of playoff games, it generally comes down to who the best player on the court is. When he wants to get to the hole, there isn't going to be anyone who can stop LeBron, and Dwight Howard is not prolific enough on the offensive end nor dominant enough on the defensive end to strap his team on his back.

Orlando is a good regular season team, but I don't think they are built to succeed in the playoffs.

I agree with most of this. I don't think Orlando will beat Cleveland, but Howard/Lewis are enough of a mismatch for Orlando that the outcome is pre-determined. The problem for Orlando is I don't think their shooters can stay hot enough to win four games against Cleveland.

The Lakers have a better chance. Gasol/Odom have given Cleveland problems, and they have Kobe to close out games.

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Bynum is back for the Lakers right?

The Bad Guy
04-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Suns FAn here

I don't like KObe

MJ is still the best

Your brain works as well as the Suns play defense.

Kobe doesn't have the heart? Are you fucking retarded? Have you watched basketball ever?

The Bad Guy
04-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Bynum is back for the Lakers right?

Correct.

BWillie
04-18-2009, 11:54 PM
I can't believe how many people are discounting the Lakers. The Laker's just got Bynum back and are at full strength. Yeah, the Cavs get home court advantage but they still do have Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson. I'll take the Lakers in 7.

RealSNR
04-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Lebron has turned into a consistent gamer. Every minute is played with passion, heart, and tenacity. And he has talent too, so it all looks good. He's not just another fag like Kris Anderson for Denver.

Couple this with good plays now being made by his stronger(er) supporting cast. Moe Williams may disappear from time to time, but if ANY of the other four players step up, that won't be a problem.

Also, the Cavs are unbeatable at home. Anybody else notice that? Even if the Lakers take a game away from the Cavs at home, the Cavs are more than capable of winning one at LA, just like the Celtics did last year.

Cavs beat Lakers in 7.

the Talking Can
04-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Cavs / Lakers will be an excellent series and a ratings coup with Lebron/Kobe...imo Lakers have a better team but this is Lebron's year...the guy looks like a god playing with humans on the court...

and can't believe it was even discussion between Rose/Beasley during the draft...Beasley is a lazy pot smoking undersized 4 who won't play defense...Rose is a pg with truly rare size and athleticism, and a natural leader...

Spott
04-19-2009, 08:56 AM
I'll go with the Lakers to win it all over the Cavs. I don't think I'll ever predict a Cleveland team to win anything. All of their franchises are the equivalent of the Cubs.

RNR
04-19-2009, 09:13 AM
who are the rapist?

Bryant

rolstrol
04-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Lakers should win it all.

Craqhead
04-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Lakers prolly win it all against the Cav's.

Koby ~VS~ LeBron

RNR
04-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Lakers prolly win it all against the Cav's.

Koby ~VS~ LeBron
Last year was the first time in years that I watched the NBA and that was because it was Celtics vs Lakers. I only watched the last game and parts of of a couple others. If you are right I may check in from time to time and will be pulling for the Cavs

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2009, 09:54 AM
And also since the NBA is only slightly less scripted than the WWE, expect for LeBron to get the red carpet treatment from the totally inept officials, as Stern wants him to be able to give Cleveland a title before leaving with a clean conscience in two years.

Red Beans
04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
How about a giant "who cares?" to answer your thread...

The Bad Guy
04-19-2009, 10:47 AM
How about a giant "who cares?" to answer your thread...

Obviously you do, you fucking tard. I click threads I don't give a shit about all the time to post in them.

WhitiE
04-19-2009, 12:18 PM
cavs

whatsmynameagain
04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
lebron aint ready and doesnt have the team. you have to have at least 2 guys step up and the lakers have 5 that can/will.

btw i feel like an idiot about beasley/rose draft selection. rose is the real deal......
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
04-19-2009, 02:25 PM
lebron aint ready and doesnt have the team. you have to have at least 2 guys step up and the lakers have 5 that can/will.

btw i feel like an idiot about beasley/rose draft selection. rose is the real deal......
Posted via Mobile DeviceLebron isn't ready? :spock:

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:28 PM
And also since the NBA is only slightly less scripted than the WWE, expect for LeBron to get the red carpet treatment from the totally inept officials, as Stern wants him to be able to give Cleveland a title before leaving with a clean conscience in two years.

I disagree with those who think the NBA wants the Cavs and Lakers. Guarantee you, the league wants Lakers and Celts over the Cavs by FAR. The only NBA Finals that LeBron played in everybody expected it to get great ratings, but instead it failed miserably. This was even after LeBron did some miraculous playmaking and had that amazing game to get them to the finals, he even had momentum. Truth is, you get the ratings and money if the East Coast is involved in the finals.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:30 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Beaz isn't as bad as you all make him out to be. In fact, he's scoring more per minute than any other rookie in the league. Needs to work on his defense a little though, but Rose sure has played well enough to earn that #1 spot though.

RealSNR
04-19-2009, 02:32 PM
I disagree with those who think the NBA wants the Cavs and Lakers. Guarantee you, the league wants Lakers and Celts over the Cavs by FAR. The only NBA Finals that LeBron played in everybody expected it to get great ratings, but instead it failed miserably. This was even after LeBron did some miraculous playmaking and had that amazing game to get them to the finals, he even had momentum. Truth is, you get the ratings and money if the East Coast is involved in the finals.Or it's because nobody gives a shit about the Spurs, and everybody knew the Cavs would lose.

Lakers/Celtics was the first "good matchup" finals series in a long time. Lakers/Cavs would be the same way.

Basileus777
04-19-2009, 02:33 PM
The Celtics are done, besides, David Stern wouldn't want to see a KG-less Celtics over LeBron.