PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb: Gonzalez's locker not cleaned out...

aturnis
04-19-2009, 12:09 PM
kb_kcstar on twitter (http://twitter.com/kb_kcstar).

Can at least dispel one rumor: Tony Gonzalez hasn't cleared out his locker. He's not here, but his stuff still is. Brian Waters' gear, too.
2 minutes ago from web

Still no Waters, Gonzalez and Vrabel. The veteran nucleus is M.I.A.
about 2 hours ago from web

The thing that most stood out to me from yesterday's practices was how intense they were. Let's just say it used to not be that way.
about 3 hours ago from web

Looks like another day of indoor practice for the Chiefs. It's scheduled to begin shortly. Wonder if there'll be more surprises.
about 3 hours ago from web

unothadeal
04-19-2009, 12:10 PM
SOS

aturnis
04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Thought that might have been a bullshit rumor. Also glad to hear how intense the workouts are. I went to my first training camp last year and couldn't believe how relaxed they were. The only players who seemed to do any running at all were the receiver running patterns and the backs running the ball. No wonder we found a way to lose all of those games in the 4th quarter.

cdirty
04-19-2009, 12:13 PM
where is the indoor facility?

aturnis
04-19-2009, 12:14 PM
where is the indoor facility?

My guess would be right near the outdoor one...

LaChapelle
04-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I would imagine Tony G has a schedule that was made out several months in advance. Promises to appear places before Peterson even got canned. I would read little into him not being in KC.

DTLB58
04-19-2009, 12:23 PM
I pretty much called B.S. on this when Michael Lombardi said he had a source.

Nothing is coming out of One Arrowehead drive. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to get readers or listeners for the media outlet they are working for.

Chiefaholic
04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
The indoor facility is right next to the practice field where they hold the draft party for the fans the last few years.

Chiefaholic
04-19-2009, 01:07 PM
As far as TG, Waters, and Vrabel not showing up, I'm on the fence with my feelings. All three of them are as beyond their prime and won't learn a thing technique wise if they show up. Of the three Waters will have the most negative effect because the O-Line needs to gell as a unit. Gonzo being gone gives Cottam more snaps with the first unit and gives the coaches a feel for what we have befor making a decision to trade Tony. Vrabel needs to be here in a leadership role, but Thomas can help fill that void.

Crashride
04-19-2009, 01:11 PM
yay for serious practice.

PastorMikH
04-19-2009, 01:42 PM
As far as TG, Waters, and Vrabel not showing up, I'm on the fence with my feelings. All three of them are as beyond their prime and won't learn a thing technique wise if they show up. Of the three Waters will have the most negative effect because the O-Line needs to gell as a unit. Gonzo being gone gives Cottam more snaps with the first unit and gives the coaches a feel for what we have befor making a decision to trade Tony. Vrabel needs to be here in a leadership role, but Thomas can help fill that void.

The vets may not learn anymore skills-wise. However, we're implementing new systems all around this year and even the vets should be there to learn the system. Also, the vets are supposed to be the leaders, how can they lead if they aren't around? And how can chemistry be developed if the key players aren't there?

Besides, it takes more working out to keep an old body in shape. All three should be there.

Crush
04-19-2009, 02:01 PM
I would imagine Tony G has a schedule that was made out several months in advance. Promises to appear places before Peterson even got canned. I would read little into him not being in KC.

I bet Haley does not care about Tony's precious schedule and nobody else should either. Tony needed to be there, because we're implementing new systems. There is no excuse for Tony not to show up. It is an insult to the new regime.

RustShack
04-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I bet Haley does not care about Tony's precious schedule and nobody else should either. Tony needed to be there, because we're implementing new systems. There is no excuse for Tony not to show up. It is an insult to the new regime.

Why do you only point him out? Waters and Vrabel weren't there either...

Crush
04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Why do you only point him out? Waters and Vrabel weren't there either...

Them, too. Everyone needed to be there. There should be no excuse. You either want to play for the Chiefs or you don't. Everyone needed to be there.

aturnis
04-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Them, too. Everyone needed to be there. There should be no excuse. You either want to play for the Chiefs or you don't. Everyone needed to be there.

Whatever. You have been dogging on Gonzalez since he requested to be traded. You've gone and gotten yourself butt-hurt over the whole deal. Rub some sand in that vag of yours.

Tony hasn't been to any voluntary workouts for years, nothing new here. Never impeded his ability to perform. Besides, Gonzalez's personal workouts he's doing now, are probably far and away more intense than the workouts that have been going on in Kansas City over the last three years. Herm made this team a bunch of pussies. Glad to hear Haley is makin' em sweat. Maybe the rest of the team will finally be in good of condition as Tony.

Crush
04-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Whatever. You have been dogging on Gonzalez since he requested to be traded. You've gone and gotten yourself butt-hurt over the whole deal. Rub some sand in that vag of yours.

Tony hasn't been to any voluntary workouts for years, nothing new here. Never impeded his ability to perform. Besides, Gonzalez's personal workouts he's doing now, are probably far and away more intense than the workouts that have been going on in Kansas City over the last three years. Herm made this team a bunch of pussies. Glad to hear Haley is makin' em sweat. Maybe the rest of the team will finally be in good of condition as Tony.

I'm sorry, but I thought this was a team sport. Gonzalez is part of the team, correct? Furthermore, I'm butt-hurt over Tony's trade demands? This is not a lone incident. Tony keeps bitching and moaning about being traded. I find it funny that people will do anything to defend a guy who does not give two shits about the team or the community. I cannot wait to hear the next episode of Tony's whine and bitch fest.

Also, I am not blindly loyal to players. If Tony wants to go, then see ya. I care about the logo that is on the side of the helmet, not the player.

Coogs
04-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Tony hasn't been to any voluntary workouts for years, nothing new here. Never impeded his ability to perform.

Chiefs have never had a complete TEAM for years either. TG is a great performer. So is TO. Both of them are probably going to be HOF material. Neither one has a ring. :hmmm:

aturnis
04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry, but I thought this was a team sport. Gonzalez is part of the team, correct? Furthermore, I'm butt-hurt over Tony's trade demands? This is not a lone incident. Tony keeps bitching and moaning about being traded. I find it funny that people will do anything to defend a guy who does not give two shits about the team or the community. I cannot wait to hear the next episode of Tony's whine and bitch fest.

Also, I am not blindly loyal to players. If Tony wants to go, then see ya. I care about the logo that is on the side of the helmet, not the player.

Really? Tony G. loves being a KC Chief. That has NOTHING to do with him wanting to be traded. He wants to leave b/c as an NFL player, there is nothing more important than to win a Superbowl. In KC, you can't exactly argue that their in danger of winning that anytime soon. Not only has the team been in a rebuilding state for a few years now, but now answers to a completely new administration.

The guy has 1-3 yrs. left to play, depending on how he feels about it emotionally, not physically. What exactly does the guy have to play for if not a Superbowl? Are the Chiefs playing to win the Superbowl next year? Honestly?

aturnis
04-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Chiefs have never had a complete TEAM for years either. TG is a great performer. So is TO. Both of them are probably going to be HOF material. Neither one has a ring. :hmmm:

Sorry Coogs. Comparing To and TG is ridiculous.

milkman
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Really? Tony G. loves being a KC Chief. That has NOTHING to do with him wanting to be traded. He wants to leave b/c as an NFL player, there is nothing more important than to win a Superbowl. In KC, you can't exactly argue that their in danger of winning that anytime soon. Not only has the team been in a rebuilding state for a few years now, but now answers to a completely new administration.

The guy has 1-3 yrs. left to play, depending on how he feels about it emotionally, not physically. What exactly does the guy have to play for if not a Superbowl? Are the Chiefs playing to win the Superbowl next year? Honestly?

Sure, sure.

Tony wants to leave because he wants a chance at a ring.

It's just coincidental that he decided to really make this desire public when he didn't get the chance to break a record at home.

Crush
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Exactly, the guy only has 1-2 yrs. left. Ship his ass to Atlanta and get it over with. The new regime is obviously looking for players that want to be there. A collection of athletes is not going to win a championship. A team wins a championship. I never said that the Chiefs were going to compete next year. You'll have to talk to saccogoo and kcbubb about that. I personally think we'll be 5-11 and that is being extremely optimistic.

Also, I really doubt that Tony's love for KC is as strong as you say it is.

Coogs
04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Sorry Coogs. Comparing To and TG is ridiculous.

I know what you are saying. TO is way more of a cancer to a team. But for the most part, both of them are elite players who are not into the TEAM. Both show up for games in a big way. And both are unhappy when things don't go their way. Yet both rarely excercise their right to show up when team chemistry is being formed.

Those two players could go into the HOF in the same class... both without the ring.

Coogs
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Are the Chiefs playing to win the Superbowl next year? Honestly?

Realisticly, no. But the the one thing the NFL offers that most other pro sports leagues do not, is you just never know from year-to-year. While almost everyone of us here at the Planet is not expecting a playoff run, I would suspect that almost everyone here has a little bit of themselves thinking that... you know, there is a chance.

aturnis
04-19-2009, 03:05 PM
I know what you are saying. TO is way more of a cancer to a team. But for the most part, both of them are elite players who are not into the TEAM. Both show up for games in a big way. And both are unhappy when things don't go their way. Yet both rarely excercise their right to show up when team chemistry is being formed.

Those two players could go into the HOF in the same class... both without the ring.

Big difference is TO has been in position almost his whole damned career to make a Superbowl run. While TG is about the only player on any Chiefs team in years ready to make that run.

Fritz88
04-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Thought that might have been a bullshit rumor. Also glad to hear how intense the workouts are. I went to my first training camp last year and couldn't believe how relaxed they were. The only players who seemed to do any running at all were the receiver running patterns and the backs running the ball. No wonder we found a way to lose all of those games in the 4th quarter.

Herm is the best coach ever and he will win the super bowl next year.

aturnis
04-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Herm is the best coach ever and he will win the super bowl next year.

oh, sorry. my bad.

Reaper16
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Some more choice tweets from Babb today:

Tyler Thigpen says he's "not OK" with being the backup quarterback, but he understands it and says he'll work the same way he did last year

quotes Tyler Thigpen: “Unless you come from a high-profile college, you’re always the underdog. I'm back in that situation again."

Bowser
04-19-2009, 03:38 PM

Tyler Thigpen says he's "not OK" with being the backup quarterback, but he understands it and says he'll work the same way he did last year

quotes Tyler Thigpen: “Unless you come from a high-profile college, you’re always the underdog. I'm back in that situation again."

Stay hungry, Tyler.

RealSNR
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM

quotes Tyler Thigpen: “Unless you come from a high-profile college, you’re always the underdog. I'm back in that situation again."Yep. Joe Flacco feels the exact same way. :spock: