PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Prediction...by the end of Sunday 4/26...

mlyonsd
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
95% of the planet will be as giddy as 13 year old girls at a Jonas brother concert.

I have so much more faith in Pioli than I did Carl I know this place will have its enthusiasm back.

KCDC
04-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Prediction for first round:

Pioli struggles hard to trade down. Though Curry fits the mold of what is needed, he does not want to pick him at #3. He realizes that only QBs an LTs in this draft could command a number #3.

He calls Denver to interest his buddy Josh, who offers only the #12 and a third rounder. He calls Cincy (who wants Monroe) and is offered the #6 and a fourth rounder. The Bills will express some interest and float the #11 and a fourth rounder. Washington will offer the #13 and a second rounder (this year or next). Pioli will take that.

At #13 he will be interested in DE Jackson (who may be gone), and he may try to drop down further. The Pats call and offer two second rounders for the #13. We get back the #34 and the Pats later second round pick.

Okay, maybe that is a dream scenario instead.

milkman
04-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm almost certain I won't be giddy.

milkman
04-19-2009, 02:40 PM

Pioli struggles hard to trade down. Though Curry fits the mold of what is needed, he does not want to pick him at #3. He realizes that only QBs an LTs in this draft could command a number #3.

He calls Denver to interest his buddy Josh, who offers only the #12 and a third rounder. He calls Cincy (who wants Monroe) and is offered the #6 and a fourth rounder. The Bills will express some interest and float the #11 and a fourth rounder. Washington will offer the #13 and a second rounder (this year or next). Pioli will take that.

At #13 he will be interested in DE Jackson (who may be gone), and he may try to drop down further. The Pats call and offer two second rounders for the #13. We get back the #34 and the Pats later second round pick.

Or maybe you're just high.

rad
04-19-2009, 02:42 PM
95% of the planet will be as giddy as 13 year old girls at a Jonas brother concert.

I have so much more faith in Pioli than I did Carl I know this place will have its enthusiasm back.

There's not that much unity here.

SBK
04-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Should Stafford go #1, I could actually see Seattle trading up with us to prevent someone else from doing it. I think that Seattle, Cleveland, Washington, New York, Denver, Minnesota and maybe even Denver will have interest in grabbing Sanchez at 3, if they believe the rumors of Cleveland and Seattle both interested at their picks.

If that happens we'll get a decent value.

Skyy God
04-19-2009, 02:46 PM

Aaron Curry on a pogo stick, that's the most retarded thing I've read in a long time. We trade down 10 spots for only a 2nd, possibly a 2010 2nd.

Inconceivable.

mlyonsd
04-19-2009, 02:47 PM

I've been here long enough to know the most unity this place ever has is the week after the draft. Well, usually for the positive although Carl made a few doozies that unified the planet in a negative way.

Throw in a few rogue rival posters and this place can come together pretty quickly right after the draft.

KCDC
04-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Three second round picks for our #3. I realize that is a bargain versus the "Table" but we can't deal if we want 2200 points.

keg in kc
04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
A decade of watching Carl screw up draft after draft made it into a weekend where I expected us to draft busts, and good players were a surprise. It was kind of like watching in dread to see how the Chiefs would screw up next.

This draft is totally different for me. Pioli may not end up with a better record here in the long run, but he just hasn't earned that kind of expectation of failure. I may not like every pick, but I hope for more than we're used to getting.

milkman
Three second round picks for our #3

I swear to Aaron Curry, this place is getting dumber by the minute.

kstater

That's not a dream scenario, that's Pioli getting gangraped.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2009, 02:52 PM

That's a fucking nightmare scenario.

There isn't a GM in the NFL that is going to drop 10 spots for just a third round pick.

Some of you need to get a reality check.

keg in kc
I swear to Aaron Curry, this place is getting dumber by the minute.Aaron fucking Curry, that's the stupidest Aaron Curry'd thing I've ever heard, by Aaron Curry. Aaron.

Hog's Gone Fishin
Aaron Curry on a pogo stick, that's the most retarded thing I've read in a long time. We trade down 10 spots for only a 2nd, possibly a 2010 2nd.

Inconceivable.

This !

This place needs a moron filter.

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 02:53 PM

I also predict that there will be a few people, say 14 or so, who will run around and do their best to destroy any giddiness that exists. We should make a list right now of the people that will be bitching and moaning calling anybody that is happy "and idiot"

The Bad Guy
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I also predict that there will be a few people, say 14 or so, who will run around and do their best to destroy any giddiness that exists. We should make a list right now of the people that will be bitching and moaning calling any that is happy "and idiot"

I'll start..

Mecca.

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I swear to Aaron Curry, this place is getting dumber by the minute.
You want to talk about dumb, you decided you hated the upcoming draft a month ago when the Chiefs trade for Cassel. It doesn't matter what they do Sunday.

That's dumb.

milkman
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
I'll start..

Mecca.

In with the second name.

milkman.

mlyonsd
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
A decade of watching Carl screw up draft after draft made it into a weekend where I expected us to draft busts, and good players were a surprise. It was kind of like watching in dread to see how the Chiefs would screw up next.

This draft is totally different for me. Pioli may not end up with a better record here in the long run, but he just hasn't earned that kind of expectation of failure. I may not like every pick, but I hope for more than we're used to getting.

Exactly. I'm predicting Pioli will do well enough this place will be excited again.

Crush
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Three second round picks for our #3. I realize that is a bargain versus the "Table" but we can't deal if we want 2200 points.

WTF? Surely, you can't be serious.

milkman
04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
You want to talk about dumb, you decide you hated the upcoming draft a month ago when the Chiefs trade for Cassel. It doesn't matter what they do Sunday.

That's dumb.

You're damn right I decided that a month ago.

Since we won't be taking Sanchez, we have shitty options in this draft.

DeezNutz
An allusion to the infamous Gang of 14...

Reaper16
You want to talk about dumb, you decide you hated the upcoming draft a month ago when the Chiefs trade for Cassel. It doesn't matter what they do Sunday.

That's dumb.
Yeah! Let's just hope that unlikely shit will happen!

mlyonsd
04-19-2009, 03:00 PM
In with the second name.

milkman.

I haven't paid too close attention to see what you're upset with Pioli about. Want to fill me in? And what would make it a successful draft in your eyes?

Reaper16
04-19-2009, 03:00 PM
In with the second name.

milkman.
I'll most likely be on this list. I hope that time will prove me wrong, though.

mlyonsd
04-19-2009, 03:01 PM

Since we won't be taking Sanchez, we have shitty options in this draft. Oh, never mind. I get it.

kstater
04-19-2009, 03:02 PM

Don't worry, Detroit will take Jesus Curry, the Rams will take a LT, and the Chiefs will pass on Stafford and Sanchez because they already have Cassel. Don't you know Pioli is a fucking genious?

chiefs1111
04-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't have any prediction. I just hope we can some how trade down and get some extra picks,and pick up some great players.

rad
04-19-2009, 03:11 PM
I'll start..

Mecca.

Can't say Mecca without mentioning his colon attachment, DCS/RoR.......you know they're joined at the pink parts.

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 03:38 PM

Oh noes the draft teh suck, the season is ovah!!
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7476/chicttle.jpg

(http://people.freenet.de/vantools/PicUp.htm)

Chiefaholic
04-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I swear that some people here have the mental capacity of a 5 year old. It's like you're TERRIFIED to pick at #3 overall and we MUST trade down at all costs. It doesn't matter to some of you if we get half the value back in return as long as we don't have to use a high draft pick to get one of many needs this team has.

I guarantee that Pioli will be on the phone right up until the last minute befor we pick to see what other clubs put on the table for us. But, I also guarantee that he's not an ignorant dipshit that will just give the pick away for the sake of doing do.

SBK
04-19-2009, 03:43 PM
People here are scared of doing things differently than Carl did, even though he never won a thing.

keg in kc
04-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't think anybody who wants to trade down feels that way because they're in any way "terrified" by the prospect of drafting at 3. I mean, I'd love it if there was a player in the draft worth the spot. Shitty luck to pick this high this year.

mlyonsd
04-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't think anybody who wants to trade down feels that way because they're in any way "terrified" by the prospect of drafting at 3. I mean, I'd love it if there was a player in the draft worth the spot. Shitty luck to pick this high this year.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I see it as people want it one of three ways.

1) We're already screwed because we took Cassel and gave up either Sanchez or Stafford.
2) Those that liked the Cassel move, and like who's available at #3.
3) Those that want to trade down. This one is the most volatile in what we get for #3.

Me, I'm open for anything because I am an old time Chief fan that is looking for someone, anyone to come in and make a difference at the helm. Because of that in at least the short time future I'm willing to accept Pioli and Haley's decisions.

KCDC
04-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, if you all expect historical fair value for a trade in the top 5, it isn't going to happen. We'll keep our #3 and have to pick Curry or Monroe and move on.

Washington and Denver will trade with Cincy or Jacksonville instead. If we could get 3 decent picks in place of one good pick, I suppose you all wouldn't be interested. So, don't complain when all we get is Curry or Monroe and we wait until the third round to pick again.

LaChapelle
04-19-2009, 04:50 PM
There will be much finger combing of hair and gnashing of teeth over undrafted free agents.

bowener
04-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I have often wondered how the trade work on draft day with all the draft tables and telephones.

Do you think it possible, that as soon as our pick is on the clock, some one from within our organization constantly calls our draft table to create the appearance of tons of trade options, driving Seattle to make the trade themselves, giving up their #4 and their 2nd rounder?

Im not sure I would like that trade scenario very much, but it nets us another pick. I would rather it create a frenzy and force teams to go ape shit calling our table immediately showering us in real trade offers, eventuality landing us the Jags pick at #8, their 2nd, and 4th (or to throw a twist in the draft, trade Quentin Groves instead of the 4th).

Yeah, I randomly pulled that from my ass, but he is 6'3" 255lbs and runs a 4.57 40. Maybe he would be a good OLB prospect for us... he does have about the same measuarbles as D.Ware, but doubt he could be that good.

LaChapelle
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
The people at the table only have a line to the war room, as far as I know.

bowener
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM
It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I see it as people want it one of three ways.

1) We're already screwed because we took Cassel and gave up either Sanchez or Stafford.
2) Those that liked the Cassel move, and like who's available at #3.
3) Those that want to trade down. This one is the most volatile in what we get for #3.

Me, I'm open for anything because I am an old time Chief fan that is looking for someone, anyone to come in and make a difference at the helm. Because of that in at least the short time future I'm willing to accept Pioli and Haley's decisions.

I am wondering if since we acquired Cassel teams will think we may trade down at a slightly lesser value than Seattle for the possibility of drafting Sanchez. Same can be said for LT as well.

My reasoning is that Seattle could use Sanchez, and so it may take a little more sweetening of the deal to pry him from their grips. As for us, it is probably clear that we do not want to be drafting in the top 3, so maybe they try and deal with us instead... if anything maybe it will generate a few more phone calls for us on draft day to at least inquire about the idea.

Side note: If we draft Sanchez, without explanation given immediately during the draft, who would you immediately expect us to trade him to as soon as their draft pick comes on the clock?

What I mean is, after you freak out and spit beer all over your chips and TV, as time undoubtedly ticks by at the slowest rate possible, at what draft pick do you expect to hear the talking heads squawk like chickens and the ticker notify you that the Chiefs are back on the clock?

bowener
04-19-2009, 05:05 PM
The people at the table only have a line to the war room, as far as I know.

Ok, so then our war room and table constantly call eachother, with the war room telling their man to furiously scribble down pictures of kitties and other random doodles as to appear busy as hell.

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I am wondering if since we acquired Cassel teams will think we may trade down at a slightly lesser value than Seattle for the possibility of drafting Sanchez. Same can be said for LT as well.

My reasoning is that Seattle could use Sanchez, and so it may take a little more sweetening of the deal to pry him from their grips. As for us, it is probably clear that we do not want to be drafting in the top 3, so maybe they try and deal with us instead... if anything maybe it will generate a few more phone calls for us on draft day to at least inquire about the idea.

Side note: If we draft Sanchez, without explanation given immediately during the draft, who would you immediately expect us to trade him to as soon as their draft pick comes on the clock?

What I mean is, after you freak out and spit beer all over your chips and TV, as time undoubtedly ticks by at the slowest rate possible, at what draft pick do you expect to hear the talking heads squawk like chickens and the ticker notify you that the Chiefs are back on the clock?I really won't be all that shocked to see us draft a Quarterback at #3. I would pretty surprised to see us select Sanchez instead of Stafford but not just about taking a QB. We could trade Cassell or we could trade the drafted QB. We might even keep both of them for a year and then trade Cassel next year by putting the tag on him just like the Patriots did.

bowener
04-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I really won't be all that shocked to see us draft a Quarterback at #3. I would pretty surprised to see us select Sanchez instead of Stafford but not just about taking a QB. We could trade Cassell or we could trade the drafted QB. We might even keep both of them for a year and then trade Cassel next year by putting the tag on him just like the Patriots did.

I think that would be a great move if we took Sanchez, letting him sit for a full season.

MoreLemonPledge
04-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I just don't understand it. How can using our first and second round picks on QBs be justified? This team has a LOT of needs, obviously. QB has been addressed. Some people may not be thrilled with Cassel, but he is our QB. We won't draft Sanchez just to "hold on to him". If a team wants him at our spot, they will trade up. If not, we take whatever player they decide will have the most impact on our team in the immediate and long-term future. Backup QB is not the anwer.

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I think that would be a great move if we took Sanchez, letting him sit for a full season.
It's not probable, but it's possible. The Chiefs don't want Thigpen to start again and he isn't gonna be a teacher for a young guy since he is so young himself. So they go get a veteran, that they are familiar with to teach the draftee, so he doesn't have to start right away.

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I just don't understand it. How can using our first and second round picks on QBs be justified? This team has a LOT of needs, obviously. QB has been addressed. Some people may not be thrilled with Cassel, but he is our QB. We won't draft Sanchez just to "hold on to him". If a team wants him at our spot, they will trade up. If not, we take whatever player they decide will have the most impact on our team in the immediate and long-term future. Backup QB is not the anwer.
Depends on whether you think the team is ready to win now or 2010. The most important thing to do to set up your franchise for a long run is to get a franchise quarterback. What better way to do that then to get two quarterback possibilities for insurance? Hopefully both Cassel and a Draftee work out so you can trade one for a high draft pick.

MoreLemonPledge
04-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Depends on whether you think the team is ready to win now or 2010. The most important thing to do to set up your franchise for a long run is to get a franchise quarterback. What better way to do that then to get two quarterback possibilities for insurance? Hopefully both Cassel and a Draftee work out so you can trade one for a high draft pick.

In a perfect world, that would be great. We just have too many holes right now. At this point it's apparent that Cassel is the guy. We just have to hope they're right.

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
In a perfect world, that would be great. We just have too many holes right now. At this point it's apparent that Cassel is the guy. We just have to hope they're right.
As soon as they sign Cassel to a long term deal is will be 'apparent' for me. The longer they go without committing to Cassel long term the more it seems like he is still just an option.

rad
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM

What holes do you want to fill with the picks we have in this, the shittiest draft class talent-wise in recent memory? What if Cassel blows? Then next year, we have to hope to be in position to draft a "phenom" QB then? Or deal with another stop-gap until 2011 and stunt the growth of the team? **** that, most of our glaring needs can be addressed in later rounds or FA.

That said, I'm for whatever. **** it.

MoreLemonPledge
04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
What holes do you want to fill with the picks we have in this, the shittiest draft class talent-wise in recent memory? What if Cassel blows? Then next year, we have to hope to be in position to draft a "phenom" QB then? Or deal with another stop-gap until 2011 and stunt the growth of the team? **** that, most of our glaring needs can be addressed in later rounds or FA.

That said, I'm for whatever. **** it.

Curry, Raji, or even Crabtree would make infinitely more sense. Yes, Curry is just an ILB. Yes, Raji could be had a few picks later. And yes, Crabtree is just a WR. That being said, they all fill needs, and they could all start tomorrow.

They also don't run the risk of alienating a fan base that is starting to embrace the idea of finally having a (somewhat) proven commodity at franchise QB, something that we haven't had in 40 years. Imagine Cassel's confidence when he finds out that he's probably just going to be a backup again in a year.

sparkky
04-19-2009, 05:47 PM
I am expecting someone to make us an acceptable offer to jump ahead of Seattle. The recent talk of them having interest in Sanchez and need of a future/insurance left tackle makes our position a little more enticing.

rad
04-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Curry, Raji, or even Crabtree would make infinitely more sense. Yes, Curry is just an ILB. Yes, Raji could be had a few picks later. And yes, Crabtree is just a WR. That being said, they all fill needs, and they could all start tomorrow.

They also don't run the risk of alienating a fan base that is starting to embrace the idea of finally having a (somewhat) proven commodity at franchise QB, something that we haven't had in 40 years. Imagine Cassel's confidence when he finds out that he's probably just going to be a backup again in a year.

My preferences in order: (assuming Stafford's gone)

Trade down for 2 R1's> Use them for Dline

Sanchez at 3

Raji at 3

Crabtree at 3

Curry at 3

Your Mom at 3 (couldn't resist :D)

MoreLemonPledge
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
I completely agree that trading down would be the ideal choice. I'm just not sure it's going to be realistic one.

Mecca
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Uh if I like the picks I'll say as much just the same as if I don't like the picks...I don't really see why people think I'll hate every player.

rad
04-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Uh if I like the picks I'll say as much just the same as if I don't like the picks...I don't really see why people think I'll hate every player.

You're pretty much the 'Planet Hater......every board needs one. You're good at it, too. Plus, the fact that you never use commas or anything else to break up your sentences makes you role even stronger....

Oh, and also your use of "um" before a sentence is awesome. (OK, that one I made up)

Mr. Krab
04-19-2009, 05:56 PM
You're pretty much the 'Planet Hater......every board needs one. You're good at it, too. Plus, the fact that you never use commas or anything else to break up your sentences makes you role even stronger....

Oh, and also your use of "um" before a sentence is awesome. (OK, that one I made up)
ROFL

There is not a player the Chiefs could take at #3, besides Sanchez, that wouldn't have Meccant bitching like a dog in heat.

Mecca
04-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I'd like to know where I knocked every player the Chiefs drafted last year....

People remember when I talked about Hali and Pollard being shit picks and to this point, they are shit picks.

RealSNR
04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Let the record show that Mecca has liked the past two drafts the Chiefs have had (the first rounds, anyway).

Mecca
04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Let the record show that Mecca has liked the past two drafts the Chiefs have had (the first rounds, anyway).

I liked most of last years draft....wasn't a fan of Turk McBride the year before.

rad
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
I'd like to know where I knocked every player the Chiefs drafted last year....

People remember when I talked about Hali and Pollard being shit picks and to this point, they are shit picks.

The one player I remember getting bonered up over was Morgan.I don't recall your reaction to the the 11 other picks....

RealSNR
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
The one player I remember getting bonered up over was Morgan.I don't recall your reaction to the the 11 other picks....We got what was considered by many to be the best player in the draft. If there was a single poster who hated that pick, he would have gotten the nuthooks.

RealSNR
04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
In response to the OP:

I think a majority of the Planet will be saying, "eh, well sure I guess." There's really no good pick where we are unless we trade down. I doubt that happens.

I won't be pissed for much. I WILL be pissed if we stay at 3 and draft any of the following:

1) An offensive lineman
2) Orakpo

All other picks I'll trust that Pioli and Haley thought it out and made the best decision possible.

Mecca
04-19-2009, 06:18 PM
ROFL

There is not a player the Chiefs could take at #3, besides Sanchez, that wouldn't have Meccant bitching like a dog in heat.

I will care when you provide something of substance that isn't bitching about some other poster.

DTLB58
04-20-2009, 08:08 AM

I remember you liking the Morgan pick a lot last year.

Oh, and screaming at me that we didn't need anymore OL :D

So here's to Monroe with the #3 pick :toast: ROFL

patteeu
04-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Yeah, I don't see how 95% of us will be able to agree about anything. I wasn't a Carl hater like most, but one thing we lost when he left is the single biggest unifying force in the Chiefs universe.

mlyonsd
04-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Mods....Please delete. ROFL

ChiefsRoyalsMizzou
04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
wow your prediction sucked dick