PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Cleaning service/maid recommendations?

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I want to get my house in Olathe cleaned twice a month. It is a 2000 square foot house but the 4 rooms do not need to be cleaned, just need the 3 bathrooms, finished basement, family room, living room, kitchen, dining room, and living areas taken care of.

I'm hoping for something under 100 dollars a month for somebody that does a good job and where I won't have to worry about my stuff becoming missing. Any recommendations or helpful insight would be appreciated

Thanks

DeezNutz
04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Yourself.

You're welcome in advance.

|Zach|
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Don't know that market but that price sounds low.

kstater
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
You want someone to clean your house for only $50/cleaning? Good Luck.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Yourself.

You're welcome in advance.

I'm not doin' it. If I do it, it won't get done sometimes. I want my house to be clean, and I'm not going to clean up after any dipshits.

|Zach|

Exactly, I am thinking a few of hours of work of that nature for a 50 spot? No thanks.

Stewie
Craigslist. There are a couple of women who advertise there. Stacy and Michelle, or Stacy and Shelly, something like that.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:15 PM

Where do you get $50 at? I said 100. Just trying to find out the market price for such services. I've seen ads for rates around $50 as long as you supply the cleaning supplies, but I want someone who does a good job and won't steal my shit.

kstater
04-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Where do you get $50 at? I said 100. Just trying to find out the market price for such services. I've seen ads for rates around $50 as long as you supply the cleaning supplies, but I want someone who does a good job and won't steal my shit.

Uhhh, 2 cleanings per month and $100/month. It's been a while since I've been in 2nd grade, but I'm pretty sure that 100/2=50.

|Zach|
04-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Where do you get $50 at? I said 100.

Dude.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Uhhh, 2 cleanings per month and $100/month. It's been a while since I've been in 2nd grade, but I'm pretty sure that 100/2=50.

I'm wanting a quote for a montly price. I would think 2 times a month would be needed. Not even really worried about vacuuming. I can do that, just all the other stuff.

Saulbadguy
04-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Dude.

Probably the 2nd or 3rd most moronic poster on this board.

Saulbadguy
04-19-2009, 02:22 PM
http://www.merrymaids.com/locations/local_office.php?terr=0245&cid=1

|Zach|
04-19-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm wanting a quote for a montly price. I would think 2 times a month would be needed. Not even really worried about vacuuming. I can do that, just all the other stuff.

They can't quote you on how many times you think your house is going to need to be cleaned.

They are gonna ask how many times you want it cleaned.

BigRedChief
04-19-2009, 02:29 PM
3000 sq. ft. house twice a month and we pay $240.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:31 PM
3000 sq. ft. house twice a month and we pay $240.

You pay $240 each time, or total?

Bugeater
04-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Tell your roommates to quit being slobs or you'll add the cleaning services to their rent, in which case it won't matter what it costs because you won't be the one paying for it.

Sully
04-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I'll send you a pm later with a name and number. We have someone who comes twice a month, is very trustworthy, and just under your price.

I'm not sure if she has openings, but she's great.

kstater
04-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Don't forget that if you don't hire a service like Merry Maids, and you hire someone off the street to do it, you must do payroll taxes and I-9's and such.

aturnis
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
NSFW

www.dirtylatinamaids.com (http://www.dirtylatinamaids.com)

Bugeater
04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't forget that if you don't hire a service like Merry Maids, and you hire someone off the street to do it, you must do payroll taxes and I-9's and such.
LOL, you must work for the IRS.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Tell your roommates to quit being slobs or you'll add the cleaning services to their rent, in which case it won't matter what it costs because you won't be the one paying for it.

Yeah, that's easier said than done. In a perfect world, they would be as clean as I am and I really wouldn't mind cleaning from time to time. Plus I already told them that I'd be paying for it. I see ads on craigslist all the time for people who say each time they can do it between 50-70 per cleaning, but would prefer a referral from word or mouth because you never know about some of those ads.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:39 PM

What exactly does that mean?

Frazod
04-19-2009, 02:39 PM
You could get one of those wife things. Cost you a lot more than $100 a month, though. :spock:

kstater
04-19-2009, 02:40 PM
What exactly does that mean?

What does what mean? Payroll taxes?

Rain Man
04-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Maybe I'm too principled, but it annoys me when individuals compete with small companies and don't pay taxes. We had an independent cleaning lady at one point, but when I figured out her hourly rate considering no taxes, insurance, bond, etc., it started ticking me off. So I went with a "real" company.

The real company actually does a better job for us, and unlike with the private individual, we haven't had any jewelry go missing that we couldn't prove.

BWillie
You could get one of those wife things. Cost you a lot more than $100 a month, though. :spock:

Ha yeah. Only if she makes more than me or signs a prenup :)

I've considering the idea of just mowing my girlfriends lawn and shoveling her driveway in the winter and she would just clean my house, but she'd probably do a half assed job and I'd have to beat her.

|Zach|
and unlike with the private individual, we haven't had any jewelry go missing that we couldn't prove.

Wow, seriously?

Rain Man
04-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh, and we pay/paid quite a bit more than $50 per visit. We're in a more expensive market, but probably not that much more expensive. I think we're somewhere around $100 per visit.

It's worth it, though.

BWillie
04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Maybe I'm too principled, but it annoys me when individuals compete with small companies and don't pay taxes. We had an independent cleaning lady at one point, but when I figured out her hourly rate considering no taxes, insurance, bond, etc., it started ticking me off. So I went with a "real" company.

The real company actually does a better job for us, and unlike with the private individual, we haven't had any jewelry go missing that we couldn't prove.

Sounds like you need some hidden cameras. That sucks man. I may set something up like that anyway.

JOhn
04-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Ha yeah. Only if she makes more than me or signs a prenup :)

I've considering the idea of just mowing my girlfriends lawn and shoveling her driveway in the winter and she would just clean my house, but she'd probably do a half assed job and I'd have to beat her.

More likely you do her lawn etc, then she'll just nag you to clean ur f'ing house untill you do. ROFL

Bugeater
04-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that's easier said than done. In a perfect world, they would be as clean as I am and I really wouldn't mind cleaning from time to time. Plus I already told them that I'd be paying for it. I see ads on craigslist all the time for people who say each time they can do it between 50-70 per cleaning, but would prefer a referral from word or mouth because you never know about some of those ads.
Yeah, it's a bitch when you live in an animal house, everyone always thinks every mess is someone else's responsibility. I went through that over and over in my single years. The food issues were always fun too...WHO THE **** DRANK MY MILK?

Rain Man
04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Wow, seriously?

Can't prove anything, but the wife lost a pair of amethyst earrings that I brought back from Korea. She said that it's possible she could've lost them on a business trip she'd taken not long before, but at any rate they were gone.

They were moderately valuable ($500 range), but worse is that they were a souvenir of a big trip.

Bugeater
04-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Can't prove anything, but the wife lost a pair of amethyst earrings that I brought back from Korea. She said that it's possible she could've lost them on a business trip she'd taken not long before, but at any rate they were gone.

They were moderately valuable ($500 range), but worse is that they were a souvenir of a big trip.
That's a tricky issue, because the last thing you want to do is accuse someone of being a thief when they're not. I've been working in people's homes for almost 20 years and I've never had an issue, but all it would take is some dumbass teenager to misplace his iPod the same day I was there to cause major problems for me.

Skip Towne
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Cleaning is way too expensive. I'm going to continue to live in squalor.

Dylan
04-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I want to get my house in Olathe cleaned twice a month. It is a 2000 square foot house but the 4 rooms do not need to be cleaned, just need the 3 bathrooms, finished basement, family room, living room, kitchen, dining room, and living areas taken care of.

I'm hoping for something under 100 dollars a month for somebody that does a good job and where I won't have to worry about my stuff becoming missing. Any recommendations or helpful insight would be appreciated

Thanks

Word of mouth.

Dylan
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM

lol

JOhn
04-19-2009, 05:32 PM

This is why I have custody of the kids, make them work for their keep. ROFL
j/k

Seriously though maids/babysitters (of age) are a dangerous thing, ended up marrying one.

Joie
04-19-2009, 05:54 PM
This is why I have custody of the kids, make them work for their keep. ROFL
j/k

Seriously though maids/babysitters (of age) are a dangerous thing, ended up marrying one.

So you're saying if I hire a maid she should be ugly as hell so Aces isn't tempted?:grr:

JOhn
04-19-2009, 06:22 PM
So you're saying if I hire a maid she should be ugly as hell so Aces isn't tempted?:grr:

EXACTLY!!!!

ALWAYS hire the old & ugly ones. :D

Rain Man
04-19-2009, 07:31 PM
That's a tricky issue, because the last thing you want to do is accuse someone of being a thief when they're not. I've been working in people's homes for almost 20 years and I've never had an issue, but all it would take is some dumbass teenager to misplace his iPod the same day I was there to cause major problems for me.

Yeah, I never accused her because my wife wasn't sure. She didn't think she would've lost the earrings, but then again one never does. We ended up firing her just to hire a legitimate business instead and never said anything.

It's disappointing to not have the earrings any more, though.

Pioli Zombie
04-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Thanks

What a cheap bastard!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I'll send you a pm later with a name and number. We have someone who comes twice a month, is very trustworthy, and just under your price.

Need Pic's first.

Just helping !

Pioli Zombie
04-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I suggest the Backpage. Under personals. Check under Men seeking insides cleaned out
Posted via Mobile Device

Smed1065
04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Unlike with the private individual, we haven't had any jewelry go missing that we couldn't prove.

So they were not from craigslist so you did not accuse them anyway?

:D

BWillie
04-19-2009, 09:03 PM

That would be great. I would appreciate it!