PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What would you want in compensation for Glenn Dorsey?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Poll forthcoming. I've read quite a few threads this weekend regarding trading Dorsey. I'm kind of curious where Chiefsplanet stands on this.

Reaper16
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
um, a 1st.

But we don't need to trade him if we're running an 'underfront' hybrid scheme. It doesn't appear that the Chiefs are going to run a rigid 3-4, which means that Dorsey still has tremendous value for the team.

Nightfyre
04-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Dorsey would probably be a top five pick again this year, so.... yea...

Pioli Zombie
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Dorsey would probably be a top five pick again this year, so.... yea...
WTF?
Posted via Mobile Device

btlook1
04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
WTF?

Exactly why trade him at all. He will be better this year and probably better next year!

Kyle DeLexus
04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah don't trade him if we are running the Under. 1on1 and interior pass rushing is what he'd be doing

Nightfyre
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
WTF?

Exactly why trade him at all. He will be better this year and probably better next year!

This. Plus I'm confident he could make the transition to 5tech if needed.

keg in kc
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
At least a high first.

It would be ridiculous to trade him at this point.

Bugeater
04-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Getting someone's entire draft would be cool...

Pioli Zombie
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Who would give a top 5 pick for Dorsey????
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Getting someone's entire draft would be cool...

Thats what I voted only because it's the only don't trade. Anyone is tradeable for the right price though.

Rigodan
04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
A top 10 pick in next years draft would be nice.

CHENZ A!
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't trade him.

keg in kc
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Posted via Mobile DeviceI think I'd take Dorsey over any player in the '09 draft. My guess is there's probably a team or two out there that agrees.

beach tribe
04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah, no reason trade him. It would have to be a top 10 pick to do though IMO.

beach tribe
04-19-2009, 09:22 PM
I think I'd take Dorsey over any player in the '09 draft. My guess is there's probably a team or two out there that agrees.

Oh yeah. Every team in the league know DTs don't do squat the rookie season. With this class I would imagine he still has a lot of value.

Pioli Zombie
04-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm not saying he should be traded. There is no reason to trade him. I just don't think you'd get a top 5 for him in a trade.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/934655/2/istockphoto_934655_bag_of_footballs.jpg

and a

http://www.spminiatures.com/wgcasepabst.jpg

Kyle DeLexus
04-19-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/934655/2/istockphoto_934655_bag_of_footballs.jpg

and a

http://www.spminiatures.com/wgcasepabst.jpg

That type of post should get you your reetard handle back

LaChapelle
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
If you trade Dorsey, who will be John the Baptist?

Reerun_KC
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
That type of post should get you your reetard handle back

:spock:

I see someones sarcasm meter is broke...

Pioli Zombie
04-19-2009, 09:36 PM
If you eat Mark Sanchez body and drink his blood you will live forever on CP
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
04-19-2009, 09:36 PM
If you eat Mark Sanchez body and drink his blood you will live forever on CP
Posted via Mobile Device

If you let Aaron Curry touch your genitals...

You'll still be queer...

Pioli Zombie
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
If you let Aaron Curry touch your genitals...

You'll still be queer...

That didn't even make sense as an insult. Why would a guy touching a guys genitals change him from being queer?

Is this Costanza?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
:spock:

I see someones sarcasm meter is broke...

Not really, I just wanted to mention bringing back the reetard handle :)

Reerun_KC
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Not really, I just wanted to mention bringing back the reetard handle :)

:cuss:

I hate you Klye! /Cartman voice

Kyle DeLexus
04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
:cuss:

I hate you Klye! /Cartman voice

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Buffalo or Detroit would be who I could see trading for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Low 1st rounder would work for me

SBK
04-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't trade him unless someone offered you something retarded, like 2 or 3 #1's. He has the potential to be great, and if he turns out great you'd have given away one of the toughest positions to fill.

58kcfan89
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't trade him unless someone offered you something retarded, like 2 or 3 #1's. He has the potential to be great, and if he turns out great you'd have given away one of the toughest positions to fill.

This. As many people have pointed out, DTs don't usually do crap in their rookie seasons, and considering Dorsey was supposed to be the best player in the '08 Draft, I think it'd be incredibly foolish to let him go at this point. I'm still very much on the Dorsey bandwagon, probably moreso than I will be for just about anyone in this year's draft.

With some actual coaching and hopefully a pass rusher this year, he could start turning the corner this year.

alanm
04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
I hope you were drunk Flop when you decided to post this purely hypothetical poll. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I hope you were drunk Flop when you decided to post this purely hypothetical poll. :D

Not at all. I've been shocked reading posters this weekend talk about how great it would be to get Atlanta's number 1 in this year's draft for Dorsey. As if their mid 20 something pick was some kind of epic win for us. The guy was the most talented player coming out of the draft last year. DT always, always, always takes some time to develop. I wouldn't trade Glenn Dorsey for anything short of someone's entire draft, and then I would have to think about it.

salame
04-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I think I'd take Dorsey over any player in the '09 draft. My guess is there's probably a team or two out there that agrees.

Raji is pretty impressive

Nightfyre
04-19-2009, 11:47 PM

Completely different players, not to mention Raji is nowhere near as impressive as dorsey.

SBK
04-19-2009, 11:47 PM

Dorsey would be taken ahead of Raji in every draft.

salame
04-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Completely different players, not to mention Raji is nowhere near as impressive as dorsey.

In a true 3-4 I think Raji would be much more effective.

Nightfyre
04-19-2009, 11:56 PM
They would play different positions....

salame
04-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Well I can see that I must not be making sense... I just looked up Bj Raji's combine results he is bigger faster and more athletic than Glen Dorsey ( on paper mind you ) which leads me to believe that if they were in the same draft scouts would be more impressed with Raji's measureables. But as far as them playing different positions that only proves my point for a TRUE 3-4 defense Raji would be a better pick. I understand in a 4-3 they would play different positions.

Micjones
04-20-2009, 12:35 AM
I'd take nothing less than a #1 for him, but he's not going anywhere.
And neither should he.

chagrin
04-20-2009, 01:28 AM
since when do we trade a guy after his fucking rookie year? the hell's wrong with people :shake:

J Diddy
04-20-2009, 01:44 AM
I'd take nothing less than a #1 for him, but he's not going anywhere.
And neither should he.

If all you'd take is a 1 pick then you're ass backwards.

HemiEd
04-20-2009, 02:22 AM
since when do we trade a guy after his ****ing rookie year? the hell's wrong with people :shake:

No kidding, stupid idea. They were talking about it on the NFL Sirius channel yesterday, I just don't get it.

KCChiefsMan
04-20-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm not ready to give up on him yet

kstater
04-20-2009, 03:53 AM
A half bag of Cheetos. He's proven he's a bust.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Okay, IF the Chiefs front office didn't think he fit anymore, I would be fine with trading him.

What so many downplay, is that guys like Dorsey and Bowe love to play the game. That is important to Pioli/Haley. Dorsey has played through injuries in college and last year. It shows his desire to be on the football field. We all know it isn't about 'measurables'. If it was, there would be no such thing as a bust in the draft, other than perhaps an injury shortened career.

I think the Chiefs will find a spot for a guy like Dorsey. He played over the center last year at times and did a pretty good job. He was doubled for much of the season.

But, IF Pioli decided he wasn't a good 'fit', then I would be fine getting a first in return for him.

EyePod
04-20-2009, 05:29 AM
Stupid thread. We should not trade Dorsey. I can't believe how many people on this site think he needs to go. This is ridiculous.

Pioli Zombie
04-20-2009, 05:33 AM
A half bag of Cheetos. He's proven he's a bust.

Are you serious?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Stupid thread. We should not trade Dorsey. I can't believe how many people on this site think he needs to go. This is ridiculous.

It has to do with scheme, if they are transitioning into being a 3-4 team which most people feel they are and this hybrid thing is only for the time being he lacks a real position in the defense.

Jethopper
04-20-2009, 06:17 AM
20 million and a 5th overall

Mecca
04-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Yea and new regimes generally don't care about the past ones players.

DTLB58
04-20-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't have a problem with this. If they think he dosen't fit into what they want to do then they need to get their guys.

But we should not have to get less than a #1 rd pick. The guy was all world last year at this time and I see no reason why his stock should have fallen because this is about scheme not necessarily that the Chiefs think he is not a good player.

DTLB58
04-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Yea and new regimes generally don't care about the past ones players.

Very True. Hence the cuts that have already taken place.

Delano
04-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Are you serious?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. Listen: The guy can't get after the QB and he's a serious locker room cancer. If Haley wouldn't put up with Kurt Warner's shit in the Arizona locker room, he isn't going to put up with Glenn Dorsey's fucking shit in god damned Kansas fucking City.

PastorMikH
04-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I'd really like to see what Dorsey can do with some competent coaching and experience.

I haven't heard anything about him being a locker room cancer, what have you all heard that leads you to arrive to this conclusion?

rad
04-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes. Listen: The guy can't get after the QB and he's a serious locker room cancer. If Haley wouldn't put up with Kurt Warner's shit in the Arizona locker room, he isn't going to put up with Glenn Dorsey's ****ing shit in god damned Kansas ****ing City.

Plus, he can't throw the deep ball.

Or shed blocks.

His first step is shit.

He won't hit the hole with authority.

Oh, and his routes are about as crisp as a wet paper sack.

Jethopper
04-20-2009, 07:49 AM
link?

Delano
04-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Dorsey told Brian Waters (TO HIS FACE!) that charity was teh dumb.

Delano
04-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Plus, he can't throw the deep ball.

Or shed blocks.

His first step is shit.

He won't hit the hole with authority.

Oh, and his routes are about as crisp as a wet paper sack.

Only one percent of his kickoffs result in a touchback. BOOO!

Jethopper
04-20-2009, 07:56 AM

link?

PastorMikH
04-20-2009, 08:02 AM

I'd bet that after facing his first april 15th as a millionaire he has probably changed his mind on that one.

TEX
04-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. Which is why we keep him and see what happens. Personally, I don't hink he's ever going to be anything special in the NFL and said that from day 1. I admit it's still too early to tell but...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2009, 08:07 AM
I'll tell you what's absolutely hilarious to me. Everyone last year wanted to lose for an elite player. It happened. We got arguably the very best guy coming out of that draft. Now, we have an even higher pick this year and not only does the vast majority want to trade out of it, but now they want to trade the elite player we got out of last year's draft.

Basically, throw those two years of losing that everyone hoped for right down the fuckin toilet. It's so brilliant!

bkkcoh
04-20-2009, 08:07 AM
A case of gatorade.

Give him a fighting chance under a different scheme. If he sucks this year, then do something about it.

PastorMikH
04-20-2009, 08:13 AM
I'll tell you what's absolutely hilarious to me. Everyone last year wanted to lose for an elite player. It happened. We got arguably the very best guy coming out of that draft. Now, we have an even higher pick this year and not only does the vast majority want to trade out of it, but now they want to trade the elite player we got out of last year's draft.

Basically, throw those two years of losing that everyone hoped for right down the ****in toilet. It's so brilliant!

Our first pick of the 2009 draft is already a bust, wonder what we can get for him?

Delano
04-20-2009, 08:13 AM
link?

Ass.

http://tinyurl.com/cbbefu

Chiefnj2
04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Nobody is going to give full value for an injured DT.

Maybe those rumors about Dorsey's leg problems weren't rumors at all. Maybe he was a bit ineffective last year because he was still nursing some bad wheels.

PastorMikH
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM

I think he's asking for a link to the source you got that info from, not a link to the post you shared the info in.

PastorMikH
04-20-2009, 08:48 AM

Maybe those rumors about Dorsey's leg problems weren't rumors at all. Maybe he was a bit ineffective last year because he was still nursing some bad wheels.

It's also hard for a DT to get to the QB when the DEs don't require double teams and multiple recievers are wide open when the QB hits the end of of his 3 step drop.

I am wondering how many of the players we have now will play better with competent coaches in place to instruct them.

DTLB58
04-20-2009, 08:50 AM
It's also hard for a DT to get to the QB when the DEs don't require double teams and multiple recievers are wide open when the QB hits the end of of his 3 step drop.

I am wondering how many of the players we have now will play better with competent coaches in place to instruct them.

But remember we still have the same D-line coach. :cuss:

PastorMikH
04-20-2009, 08:56 AM
But remember we still have the same D-line coach. :cuss:

Yeah, but I believe we have a HC and a GM that won't tolerate sub-par performances from players or assistant coaches. I'm also hoping we have a DC that can actually put together a gameplan that will cause other teams to adopt the Chiefs old 3 plays and punt offensive style.

Delano
04-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I think he's asking for a link to the source you got that info from, not a link to the post you shared the info in.

The thrill is gone. :(

Reerun_KC
04-20-2009, 09:09 AM

Basically, throw those two years of losing that everyone hoped for right down the ****in toilet. It's so brilliant!

As the world turns on Chiefsplanet....
Hypocrisy is what Chiefsplanet is all about....

eazyb81
04-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Too many people are ignoring scheme when giving an answer.

It is clear, at least to me, that we will EVENTUALLY shift to a full-time 3-4 scheme once we get the personnel that can run it effectively. Whether that's this year, next year, or the year after, it's just a matter of time until we switch.

So do we wait to trade Dorsey until we absolutely have to because he doesn't fit into a role? Do we hold onto him even though we may only use a 4-3 half the time on defense?

Seems like a waste to keep a top 5 pick - and salary - on your roster if he's at best a part-time player with you.

Demonpenz
04-20-2009, 09:32 AM

that was the grumbings around the mini camp

Chiefnj2
04-20-2009, 09:47 AM

It is clear, at least to me, that we will EVENTUALLY shift to a full-time 3-4 scheme once we get the personnel that can run it effectively. Whether that's this year, next year, or the year after, it's just a matter of time until we switch.

So do we wait to trade Dorsey until we absolutely have to because he doesn't fit into a role? Do we hold onto him even though we may only use a 4-3 half the time on defense?

Seems like a waste to keep a top 5 pick - and salary - on your roster if he's at best a part-time player with you.

Rookie base salaries aren't very expensive. Unless a team is going to give KC picks plus cash for Dorsey (which they won't) there isn't much of a savings trading him. Plus, from camp reports he's injured.

Jethopper
04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Ass.

link?

Kyle DeLexus
04-20-2009, 10:05 AM
link?

ROFL

Delano
04-20-2009, 10:08 AM
link?

http://www.vgcats.com/news/valen/link.jpg

Jethopper
04-20-2009, 10:09 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/news/valen/link.jpg

Thank you.

htismaqe
04-20-2009, 11:30 AM

Our coaches have said more than once that they see a place for Dorsey in the 3-4. They could be lying, but they probably aren't.

salame
04-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Isn't he close enough in size to be a 3-4 DE?
well after looking he would be the shortest D-lineman in any position both on the Patriots and the Cardinals.