PDA

View Full Version : Given the following hypothetical

Nightfyre
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Suppose that Detroit selects Jason Smith and St. Louis takes Eugene Monroe and KC has a deal on the table for Denver's 12 and 18 and a separate deal with San Fransisco for 10, 42 and 74.

Would you:
A) Select Stafford
B) Select Someone else
C) Take the Denver trade
D) Take the San Fransisco trade
E) Other - Listed Below

Mr. Arrowhead
04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I would take san fran trade, because there is no way in hell im helping denver get Matt Stafford

aturnis
04-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Denver wants Sanchez.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Denver wants Sanchez.
still i dont care, if you have another offer on the table besides denver then you take it

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I draft Stafford and flip Cassel after this year.

philfree
04-19-2009, 10:06 PM
D

PhilFree:arrow:

Dave Lane
04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I'd either take SF deal or pick whichever QB I had graded higher. I'd prefer Sanchez personally but I'd let the scouts have the chance to convince me which one they like.

SBK
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
I draft Stafford and flip Cassel after this year.

I would do this as well.

Reaper16
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm taking a QB, baby.

BryanBusby
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
E) Work a deal with the Redskins and let Daniel Snyder give up the farm to get Stafford.

SBK
04-19-2009, 11:13 PM
E) Work a deal with the Redskins and let Daniel Snyder give up the farm to get Stafford.

Explain "the farm".....The Redskins only have 4 picks.

BryanBusby
04-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Explain "the farm".....The Redskins only have 4 picks.

I hear future draft choices are pretty nice as well.

SBK
04-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I hear future draft choices are pretty nice as well.

Highly doubtful, they'd have to give up more than 2 #1's to get up there....

BryanBusby
04-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Highly doubtful, they'd have to give up more than 2 #1's to get up there....

That's debatable. Considering the quality at the top in this years class, I'd be more than happy to get out of the top 3 and secure an extra first rounder in next years draft in the process, while remaining in the top half of the current years first round and more than capable of getting a great player.

I think a first rounder from Washington in '10 would at least be a mid range first rounder at worst.

SBK
04-19-2009, 11:45 PM
That's debatable. Considering the quality at the top in this years class, I'd be more than happy to get out of the top 3 and secure an extra first rounder in next years draft in the process, while remaining in the top half of the current years first round and more than capable of getting a great player.

I think a first rounder from Washington in '10 would at least be a mid range first rounder at worst.

First rounders next year are viewed as 2nd rounders this year. To trade up to 3 Denver has about the same value using the 12 and 18 picks. Washington would have to trade their whole draft this year, plus the #1 and maybe a 3 or 4 next year to get the value up there.

And if both QB's are available at 3 we won't be able to trade down with anyone. People will wait because no matter what there'd be at least 1 QB, most likely 2 available at 4.

If we're going to trade down the worst thing that could happen is for Stafford and Sanchez to be available at 3.

BryanBusby
04-19-2009, 11:51 PM
First rounders next year are viewed as 2nd rounders this year. To trade up to 3 Denver has about the same value using the 12 and 18 picks. Washington would have to trade their whole draft this year, plus the #1 and maybe a 3 or 4 next year to get the value up there.

And if both QB's are available at 3 we won't be able to trade down with anyone. People will wait because no matter what there'd be at least 1 QB, most likely 2 available at 4.

If we're going to trade down the worst thing that could happen is for Stafford and Sanchez to be available at 3.

That would in fact be the worst possible outcome for the Chiefs come draft day. In reality though, I'd consider Stafford to be a virtual lock for the Lions.

If you want to follow the old value chart, it'd take more picks but not that many picks. I don't want to get into the annoying debate about what draft chart is the one that teams will use though.

htismaqe
04-20-2009, 11:40 AM

It's all about Stafford, IMO.

If Detroit takes him, the trade down scenarios all begin.

If they're both still there when we pick, I think we have to strongly consider taking Stafford.

SBK
04-20-2009, 11:54 AM
It's all about Stafford, IMO.

If Detroit takes him, the trade down scenarios all begin.

If they're both still there when we pick, I think we have to strongly consider taking Stafford.

Yep. If both QB's are on the board I'd be shocked if we even get 1 call for interest in trading up.

SAUTO
04-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Yep. If both QB's are on the board I'd be shocked if we even get 1 call for interest in trading up.

i've been saying this for a long time, seems like every time it comes up someone has a reason why it would help our trade down ideas

Nightfyre
04-20-2009, 06:09 PM
For me, I would draft Stafford. And I hope it falls through like this and we draft him. Of course I agree it hurts our options if he is taken first overall, but not as much as if the QBs go one and two.

htismaqe
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
For me, I would draft Stafford. And I hope it falls through like this and we draft him. Of course I agree it hurts our options if he is taken first overall, but not as much as if the QBs go one and two.

This.

If Stafford goes 1st or 2nd overall, we have trade down possibilities.

If he doesn't, we draft him.

Pretty easy decision.

bdeg
04-20-2009, 06:50 PM
i've been saying this for a long time, seems like every time it comes up someone has a reason why it would help our trade down ideas

Not every team needing a QB is going to want either one. Some teams will like Stafford or Sanchez a whole lot more than the other one and would likely only want to trade up if he was on the board. Seattle could take either one.

Saul Good
04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I would take san fran trade, because there is no way in hell im helping denver get Matt Stafford

Brilliant. We've won 6 games in 2 years, and you want us to worry about Denver. If your neighbor who you hate is out of town and both of your houses catch on fire, do you decide not to call the fire department because they would save his house, too?

Am I the only one who would rather focus on fixing our own team?

PhillyChiefFan
04-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Brilliant. We've won 6 games in 2 years, and you want us to worry about Denver. If your neighbor who you hate is out of town and both of your houses catch on fire, do you decide not to call the fire department because they would save his house, too?

Am I the only one who would rather focus on fixing our own team?

This. Whatever is the best option for KC's future.

I trust Pioli and Haley's decisions.

Chiefnj2
04-21-2009, 07:10 AM
This.

If Stafford goes 1st or 2nd overall, we have trade down possibilities.

If he doesn't, we draft him.

Pretty easy decision.

I don't think Pioli is going to create a full blown QB controversy with his first pick as the GM.

Brock
04-21-2009, 07:17 AM
It's not a QB controversy unless Cassel comes in and sucks. And if he does, it's a good thing we drafted Stafford.

*Detroit's going to take him though.

Chiefnj2
04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
It's not a QB controversy unless Cassel comes in and sucks. And if he does, it's a good thing we drafted Stafford.

*Detroit's going to take him though.

It's a controversy the moment he is signed and gets worse each day, each incomplete pass, each interception.

Brock
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Like fans won't be calling for Thigpen under the same scenario?

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't think Pioli is going to create a full blown QB controversy with his first pick as the GM.

You don't pass on somebody like Stafford because you're afraid of how the fans might react.

Brock
04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
OMG, we'd have too many good QBs. The horra.ROFL