04-20-2009, 11:04 AM
:spock:

htismaqe
04-20-2009, 11:36 AM
I actually agree with most of those.

bdeg
04-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Some of these really stick out to me...
Shonn Greene - LenDale White Ya, except Greene can actually make people miss, and fights harder
Phil Loadholt - Marcus McNeill Is Loadholt LT-capable??? Not by Wright's own admission.
Aaron Maybin - Terrell Suggs I don't see raw speed when I watch Suggs, don't understand the comparison
Everette Brown - Kamerion Wimbley OK, they both went to FSU and are explosive, anything else?
Clay Matthews - Chad Greenway Greenway was a starter for I want to say 3 years, don't see much of a comparison.
Connor Barwin - Mike Vrabel OK, they both play a little TE, that all? Barwin is an athletic freak, I'd like to know how they play similarly.

Chiefnj2
04-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Some of these really stick out to me...
Shonn Greene - LenDale White Ya, except Greene can actually make people miss, and fights harder
Phil Loadholt - Marcus McNeill Is Loadholt LT-capable??? Not by Wright's own admission.
Aaron Maybin - Terrell Suggs I don't see raw speed when I watch Suggs, don't understand the comparison
Everette Brown - Kamerion Wimbley OK, they both went to FSU and are explosive, anything else?
Clay Matthews - Chad Greenway Greenway was a starter for I want to say 3 years, don't see much of a comparison.
Connor Barwin - Mike Vrabel OK, they both play a little TE, that all? Barwin is an athletic freak, I'd like to know how they play similarly.

Barwin is white, Vrable is white. Brown is black, Wimbley is black. Get it?

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I actually agree with most of those.I don't. If these "comparisons" hold, this would be the greatest draft ever, unless I'm misunderstanding what the comparisons mean.

Coogs
04-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Shonn Greene - LenDale White Ya, except Greene can actually make people miss.

Gunther "Career Day" Cunningham's defense could not contain White. :(

Damn I am glad he is a Lion now! :toast:

Chiefnj2
04-20-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't. If these "comparisons" hold, this would be the greatest draft ever, unless I'm misunderstanding what the comparisons mean.

Exactly. KC should take Josh Freeman according the comparisons.

Al Bundy
04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Ohh the Cadillac Williams comparison for Moreno. That's never a good sign. Also Sean Smith-Matt Ware? Yuck.

bdeg
04-20-2009, 12:24 PM
He's saying they will play in a similar manner.

Matthew Stafford - Jay Cutler (big arm)
Mark Sanchez - Matt Ryan (good decisions, accuracy)
Josh Freeman - Ben Roethlisberger (good escapability)

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 12:56 PM
He's saying they will play in a similar manner.

Matthew Stafford - Jay Cutler (big arm)
Mark Sanchez - Matt Ryan (good decisions, accuracy)
Josh Freeman - Ben Roethlisberger (good escapability)

Exactly. He's not saying that they will turn out with the same pro careers. He's just stating who they're most like in their abilities.

Mr. Krab
04-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Quarterbacks

Mark Sanchez - Matt Ryan (Ryan has a bigger arm and is more of a traditional pocket passer. Sanchez is more of a mover imo)

Running Backs

Knowshon Moreno - Cadillac Williams (Moreno is more elusive and more of a weapon throughout the offense)

Shonn Greene - LenDale White (White a road grader, Greene is shifter than you might think)

Wide Receivers

Michael Crabtree - Brandon Marshall (marshall is faster and Crabtree is stronger imo)

Jeremy Maclin - Ted Ginn (hell no, Maclin is much more physical)

Defensive Tackles

B.J. Raji - Vince Wilfork (Raji has more speed and less power)

bdeg
04-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't know if Crabtree, or any receiver save a few like TO and maybe Bowe, is stronger than Marshall.

HemiEd
04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Rey Maualuga - Junior Seau

Sign me up!

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Sanchez reminds me of Troy Aikman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth
04-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Shonn Greene - LenDale White

LOL - dumb

Direckshun
04-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Some of those are very clever and well thought out.

Others are just lazy height-weight-speed comparisons.

That said...

I WANT BJ RAJI.

Mecca
04-20-2009, 06:51 PM
I think he's more comparing them as prospects when they were drafted...Sean Smith and Matt Ware's scouting reports are nearly identical...

If you go back to college days LenDale White and Shonn Greene do appear to be similar players...

If you go with him comparing them on the day they were drafted that list becomes very spot on.

milkman
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Quarterbacks

Mark Sanchez - Matt Ryan (Ryan has a bigger arm and is more of a traditional pocket passer. Sanchez is more of a mover imo)

This is really funny.

Last year at this time, it seems that people around here were questioning Ryan's arm strength.

Now, this year, people here aren't just questioning Sanchez's, they have been saying that all he has had to do is stand in the pocket because he hasn't faced any pressure.

And people wonder why those of us who have actually watched USC think that most have no idea what the hell they are talkng about.

bdeg
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I dunno, Greene's agility and shiftiness is pretty underrated.

Mecca
04-20-2009, 07:01 PM
This is really funny.

Last year at this time, it seems that people around here were questioning Ryan's arm strength.

Now, this year, people here aren't just questioning Sanchez's, they have been saying that all he has had to do is stand in the pocket because he hasn't faced any pressure.

And people wonder why those of us who have actually watched USC think that most have no idea what the hell they are talkng about.

It's really not worth it at this point, a bunch of the people who talk QB's on here haven't taken 1 second of their time to watch anything.

bdeg
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Greene @ 227 had a 10'6 broad, 4.25 shuttle, and ran a 4.55 w/ a 1.57 10yd Let's compare that to AP, since Lendale White didn't want to run at the combine at 235:
Peterson @ 217 had a 10'7 broad 4.40 shuttle, and ran a 4.40 with a 1.53

Both exceptional broadjumps, very explosive players, helps make quick cuts. Something Lendale does not possess.

just noticed their 3-cones were 7.10 and 7.09 also

htismaqe
04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Somebody is going to get a great back in Greene. He's right on par with Moreno and a cut above Wells, IMO. The guy I don't get is McCoy. He didn't strike me as an every-down back at all.

aturnis
04-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with bdeg...I live in Iowa, and I watch Iowa. Shonn Greene is crazy agile for big guy with a bruiser running style.

aturnis
04-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Crappy quality, but has some of his best highlights in there. My favorite is the spin move he put on the Purdue defender. The way he makes that spin move with all of his weight shifted in the wrong direction and seamlessly comes out of it to take the ball 75 yds for a TD is beautiful. Poetic for a road grader like Greene.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9UVHTamf6w&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9UVHTamf6w&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bdeg
04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
A lot of people don't realize he was out of shape at the beginning of the season, either. His quickness improved as the season went on.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Crappy quality, but has some of his best highlights in there. My favorite is the spin move he put on the Purdue defender. The way he makes that spin move with all of his weight shifted in the wrong direction and seamlessly comes out of it to take the ball 75 yds for a TD is beautiful. Poetic for a road grader like Greene.

The run against Wisconsin was a thing of absolute beauty. I think all 11 guys on their defense had at least one shot at him and couldn't bring him down.

EDIT: It looks like that particular run is in Aturnis' video at about the 2-minute mark.

KCrockaholic
04-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I compare Maclin to Joey Galloway a little more than Ted Ginn. Think Galloway 10 years ago.

KCrockaholic
04-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Somebody is going to get a great back in Greene. He's right on par with Moreno and a cut above Wells, IMO. The guy I don't get is McCoy. He didn't strike me as an every-down back at all.

McCoy should have stayed another year...:shake: just stupid.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Why? This back class is considered substandard and McCoy has a good chance of going pretty high.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Shonn Greene is nowhere near the caliber of back of Beanie Wells. That's homerism at its absolute finest.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Why? This back class is considered substandard and McCoy has a good chance of going pretty high.

Probably because he put up some ugly numbers, hes only a sophomore, could have worked out a few of his problems with atleast 1 more year of college play. He would have been a 1st round pick if he stayed atleast 1 more year.

Mecca
04-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Every single RB class is going to have alot of players, another year is not going to change the player he is. It'll just put more mileage on his body.

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Shonn Greene is nowhere near the caliber of back of Beanie Wells. That's homerism at its absolute finest.

Beanie Wells can't stay healthy. And sitting on the sidelines, he isn't better than me, let alone Shonn Greene.

No homerism about it. Watched them both play nearly every game of their careers.

Mecca
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Chris Wells couple games foot injury means he can't stay on the field?

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Chris Wells couple games foot injury means he can't stay on the field?

He only missed a few games, but he was on the injury report nearly every week. He always had a toe, or a hangnail, or something.

Mecca
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
He did play though...he was also a 3 year starter, what was Greene 1 year?

Greene is also a little older than his class year would lead you to believe he is.

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Greene had a year in JUCO due to academic issues. He also ballooned to almost 270 during that time.

I'm not saying that Wells isn't a better prospect than Greene, I'm just saying that people aren't giving Greene the respect he deserves.

And just for FYI, Wells missed time with an ankle injury, broken wrist (required surgery), turf toe, concussion, and a hammy. He's a pretty upright runner and that might not bode well for him.