PDA

View Full Version : Life More ink today

Over-Head
04-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Arm is a bit sore, started working on the arm sleeve again after 2 years.
Did a Lotus flower inlay on the forarm, bit sore, but nothing some Lubraderm (sp) ain't taking care of.

Anyone else got an arm sleeve? Or ink in general?

The 2 pieces today make a total of 12 times under the gun now between he work on both my leg's and arm.

And loving every min of it. :)

joesomebody
04-20-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm always torn on the subject of tatoos. Well done tatoos are a form of art, and I like art in general. Some tatoos are truly badass.

I don't have any, and tend to find them as a bit of turn off in women, though some of those pics in the rockabilly thread contradict that!

I wanted a tatoo when I was younger, never got one because I couldn't find anything or think of anything that was unique or fitting enough. Now I don't really want one.

If I do get one, it will probably be a memorial type tatoo on my shoulder blade.

Over-Head
04-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm always torn on the subject of tatoos. Well done tatoos are a form of art, and I like art in general. Some tatoos are truly badass.

I don't have any, and tend to find them as a bit of turn off in women, though some of those pics in the rockabilly thread contradict that!

I wanted a tatoo when I was younger, never got one because I couldn't find anything or think of anything that was unique or fitting enough. Now I don't really want one.

If I do get one, it will probably be a memorial type tatoo on my shoulder blade.

Theye are VERY addictive, especialy if you have a fantastic artist like the guy doing mine.

Mel at http://www.archangeltattoo.com/ started the top half of my shoulder when my first artist up and left town a few years back.

After having my buisness take off to the point I didn't have to leave the provience for work I managed to stumble across Bill at http://www.stjohnsink.com/

Can't wait till all the outlines and shading are done so we can lay some color.

Buck
04-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I've got two.

They hurt so good when getting them done.

joesomebody
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow, they do look extremely talented. This one is pretty bad ass, must be a huge Halloween fan.
http://www.archangeltattoo.com/artistImages/artist01/pics/061.jpg

joesomebody
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Was surprised to see how many dog memorial tattoos on display at stjohnsink. I kind of figured I was the only one who even thought about getting one.

Over-Head
04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Was surprised to see how many dog memorial tattoos on display at stjohnsink. I kind of figured I was the only one who even thought about getting one.

Each to their own, and that’s what tattooing is about. YOUR likes not someone else’s.
My chest piece is going to be a Jap style Pisces sign circling my nipple, with a water design going up over my shoulder where the theam drops over my shoulder blade.
It changes to exotic flowers, butterflies, and wave patterns going down my arm to the wrist, with a few Chinese symbols along the way.
And here’s to the woman who’s arm inspired mine after 10 years of looking for the "perfect" arm sleeve.
And she ain’t too hard to gander at either, for a MILF.

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-lindemulder.htm

Scorp
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Here is my sleeve so far.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/1-2.jpg?t=1240275888

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/tattoo.jpg?t=1240275965

Skip Towne
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Tats are for convicts, sailors and Raider fans. The rest of us try to remain employable.

Bwana
04-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Have you had your ink slinger knock out an al davis tat for you yet? Perhaps a picture of good old Al all on your pecker would work, because he's been screwing you for years. :)

chief husker
04-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Tats are for convicts, sailors and Raider fans. The rest of us try to remain employable.

I have invested in tatoo removal business stocks. Ever see an old dude with a tat?

RJ
04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I have invested in tatoo removal business stocks. Ever see an old dude with a tat?

Sure.

seaofred
04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Got my first one done about 4 weeks ago. I love it. I can totally see how people get addicted to it. I got it on my shoulder and I'm already thinking of ways to turn it into a sleeve.

Skip Towne
04-20-2009, 08:27 PM

My 73 year old buddy has one on his forearm. He was a sailor. He says it's an eagle but it is just a mass of blue ink.

Papi
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I have a theory that tattoo's are for people with low self esteem or who don't like something about themselves as they are. They're not pretty/tough/cool/whatever enough. I also think they are ugly as sin but to each their own.

KCUnited
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I have a theory that tattoo's are for people with low self esteem or who don't like something about themselves as they are. They're not pretty/tough/cool/whatever enough. I also think they are ugly as sin but to each their own.

Ever diet, lift weights, count calories, stare at some fake tits, layout in the sun, exercise, use Rogane, use zit cream? You just described everyone who does any of those things. Profound theory.

Papi
04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Your sarcasm isn't lost on me but regardless thank you for concurring

salame
04-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I just think that people who have a "problem" with tattoos are being closed minded. It's just as much of an impulse as paying $500 for a suit or buying a corvette or even a nice watch it's an accessory that some people prefer to other purchases.

Buck
04-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I got my first tattoo, I'll be honest because I was going out w/ this chick and I thought I would impress her. I was stoned when I decided to go get it done. I sort of regret it.

My 2nd tattoo, however, I am happy I got. Its a custom designed Chargers Logo that I made, and I'll wear it proudly, until the Chargers leave SD that is.

luv
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I've got three. All can be concealed for work or when I want them to be.

Buck
04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I've got three. All can be concealed for work or when I want them to be.

This.

Nobody knows about my Tattoos except my family, some friends, and a couple old girlfriends.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2009, 11:11 PM

Your theory is utter rubbish

salame
04-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Mine is in a pretty concealed spot but if you were attentive enough you could see it

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Mine starts at the tip of my right shoulder and ends at the top of my elbow.

It's Kanji script.

I get complements from men and women nearly every time I'm in public. The detail is amazing and I've been told by Japanese people that they can't even write with such precision!

T-post Tom
04-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Have you had your ink slinger knock out an al davis tat for you yet? Perhaps a picture of good old Al all on your pecker would work, because he's been screwing you for years. :)

Penis or anus...

Buck
04-20-2009, 11:17 PM

It's Kanji script.

I get complements from men and women nearly every time I'm in public. The detail is amazing and I've been told by Japanese people that they can't even write with such precision!

Does it translate to: "My Maserati does 185."?

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Does it translate to: "My Maserati does 185."?

ROFL

Now THAT would be cool!

It's much more sentimental than that.

Buck
04-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Heres my first tattoo...don't laugh.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mattdayjr/1025072326.jpg

And my 2nd

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mattdayjr/0912071214.jpg

badgirl
04-21-2009, 04:26 AM
Arm is a bit sore, started working on the arm sleeve again after 2 years.
Did a Lotus flower inlay on the forarm, bit sore, but nothing some Lubraderm (sp) ain't taking care of.

Anyone else got an arm sleeve? Or ink in general?

The 2 pieces today make a total of 12 times under the gun now.
And loving every min of it. :)

I'd like to see it.

I haven't read throught this thread cause I am fixing to leave work, so if there is a pic already here, I will check it out later.

Post a pic.

badgirl
04-21-2009, 04:28 AM
This.

Nobody knows about my Tattoos except my family, some friends, and a couple old girlfriends.

Mine is almost always hidden, unless I am at the beach.

El Jefe
04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
I just think that people who have a "problem" with tattoos are being closed minded. It's just as much of an impulse as paying $500 for a suit or buying a corvette or even a nice watch it's an accessory that some people prefer to other purchases.

Hardly, tattoos are meant to be permanent. A suit will wear out, and you can sell a car, unless you have surgery that tat is going to stay. I have no problem with people who have tattoos, I think some people take it to the extreme, but it's their life. I have thought about getting one before, but it never really came to fruition.

Katipan
04-21-2009, 07:39 AM

It's Kanji script.

My b/f's b/f has beautiful kanji script from his upper right shoulder down to his elbow. But it has lots of flourishy type stuff too so really it's half a sleeve.

I have my own personal issues with kanji script. The ex psycho got tatted up everywhere, EVERYWHERE, with it when we split. Along with a rather unflattering flattering picture of me. So no kanji on me.

I have 2. The KC on my bikini line was a rite of passage 18 years old with the girlfriends thing. The one on my lower back was because I liked the feeling of the first one so much. (Insert tramp stamp joke) I've currently been obsessing over one on the top of my shoulder but I think it's evolved into too big of a piece. At least I hope my arm is never big enough for it...

So I'm thinking my side between my ribs and my hips, or between my shoulder blades.

I guess that was a really long and drawn out post to say I never once got a tattoo because I felt bad about myself. If anything, it's a declaration of just how comfortable I am with me.

Cannibal
04-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Eventually this tatoo fad is going to come to an end. Some people will be regretting all these tatoos.

MOhillbilly
04-21-2009, 07:52 AM
for those of you who have sleeves or ink that cant be covered up.

Dont you get tired of looking at it?

Katipan
04-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Eventually this tatoo fad is going to come to an end. Some people will be regretting all these tatoos.

This generation will be dead before that happens.

Katipan
04-21-2009, 07:59 AM

In the case of the b/f's b/f, he says he's so pastey pale white that it's a relief to not have to look at that anymore.

I'd imagine you'd just get used to it, no? Do you often gaze in wonderment at your blank wrist or inner thigh often?

El Jefe
04-21-2009, 08:40 AM
In the case of the b/f's b/f, he says he's so pastey pale white that it's a relief to not have to look at that anymore.

I'd imagine you'd just get used to it, no? Do you often gaze in wonderment at your blank wrist or inner thigh often?

A little bit different if you have a zombie skull looking at you 24/7.

Katipan
04-21-2009, 08:56 AM
[/B]

A little bit different if you have a zombie skull looking at you 24/7.

It's less boring, sure. But stare at anything long enough and it ceases to have an impact on you. From zombie skulls to pussy.

Skip Towne
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
It's less boring, sure. But stare at anything long enough and it ceases to have an impact on you. From zombie skulls to pussy.

I like to stare at the sun. It has quite an impact on me.

Katipan
04-21-2009, 09:23 AM
I like to stare at the sun. It has quite an impact on me.

I had a pipe with a neat magnifying glass that would extend up from it for those times when you just can't find a lighter and you're stuck in the middle of the desert with a pipe and a bag of weed.

Only time I stare at the sun.

Skip Towne
04-21-2009, 09:46 AM
I had a pipe with a neat magnifying glass that would extend up from it for those times when you just can't find a lighter and you're stuck in the middle of the desert with a pipe and a bag of weed.

Only time I stare at the sun.

I try to do it an hour a day.

The Franchise
04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I've got three right now. I work in an office environment.....so sleeves are pretty much off limits to me for right now. I'm interested in getting a half sleeve....but I don't know where to start.

Bob Dole
04-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Can you seriously call something that people have been doing for 5000 years a "fad"? :rolleyes:

luv
04-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I've got three right now. I work in an office environment.....so sleeves are pretty much off limits to me for right now. I'm interested in getting a half sleeve....but I don't know where to start.

The shoulder? :p

The Franchise
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
The shoulder? :p

*crickets*

Bob Dole
04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Eventually this cover-up-your-genitals-in-public fad is going to come to an end. Some people will be regretting those walk-in closets full of pants.

Katipan
04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Eventually this cover-up-your-genitals-in-public fad is going to come to an end. Some people will be regretting those walk-in closets full of pants.

I'm going to make all of mine into chaps!

The Franchise
04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm going to make all of mine into chaps!

The second that happens....this thread will be worthless without pics!

beach tribe
04-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Here is my sleeve so far.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/1-2.jpg?t=1240275888

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/tattoo.jpg?t=1240275965

What is with the guys getting a different variation of the same tattoos.

Skulls? Really? Cliche much?

The Franchise
04-21-2009, 11:07 AM

Well first...it's his body so who really gives a fuck. If he wants to tattoo a purple dinosaur on his body.....I'm not going to care. To each their own.

beach tribe
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
[/QUOTE] The KC on my bikini line [/QUOTE]

God that is hot.

MOhillbilly
04-21-2009, 11:11 AM

i dont know. i got mine where i didnt have to look at it all the time. skin is skin, is what it is. pictures on your body is diffrent. if you had to stare at the same picture day in and out you wouldnt get bored?

beach tribe
04-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Well first...it's his body so who really gives a ****. If he wants to tattoo a purple dinosaur on his body.....I'm not going to care. To each their own.
I know. I just like fuqin with Scorp ever since he threw a tantrum, and hit me with about 10 neg reps like a crybaby. I'm sure I've got more comin for this.

And I'm serious about what I said too. He's only the bajjilionth person to get a bunch of skulls on his arm.

Skip Towne
04-21-2009, 11:52 AM
I want to get "mom " put on my fingers

Katipan
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM

They aren't skulls. They are impressionistic fluffy kittens.

Katipan
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
i dont know. i got mine where i didnt have to look at it all the time. skin is skin, is what it is. pictures on your body is diffrent. if you had to stare at the same picture day in and out you wouldnt get bored?

No more bored than I am staring at my face every day. But I totally get what you're saying, I just think it wouldn't even register in my mind anymore. But maybe that's not necessarily a good thing.

1ChiefsDan
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
The picture I sent the artist and the finished product. Thinking about adding Pitt State or just Pitt to it.

Katipan
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Well now that's pretty fucking neat

chasedude
04-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I have 3 now. If I had a digital camera I'd post them.

MOhillbilly
04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
The picture I sent the artist and the finished product. Thinking about adding Pitt State or just Pitt to it.

thats great ink dude.very nice.

1ChiefsDan
04-21-2009, 01:16 PM
thats great ink dude.very nice.I had the picture and went around to several places here in Denver. All of them seemed rather bored, saying they could get it done in an hour or so.

Walked into this little shop, showed the lady the picture and she just went off - how cool it would be to do it, but that it would take a while.

Spent 4 1/2 hours in her chair. I think it turned out great.

My advice is check out multiple places. Find one that is clean and has enthusiastic artists. Some of the larger places just seemed like they were going through the motions.

Over-Head
04-25-2009, 06:45 PM

Do you ever get tired of watching the Chiefs even if they lose a game or two?
No.
It;s like the frames on a new pair of glasses, after a while it's just not the center of attention unless you make it so.

RNR
04-25-2009, 06:48 PM

LMAO

Over-Head
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM

It's Kanji script.

Who did the work ?
Jack Rudy or Kat Von Dee?
You seem to know everyone else in Hollyweird` :p

Over-Head
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM
LMAO
Behave you!

RNR
04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Behave you!

;) I have no ink but have friends who do. When I was a young fella I wanted a Zig Zag man on my arm :eek: but knew the beating I would get from the old man would take quite awhile to heal. I am glad I did not get it (the tat and the beating) Anyway I see tatoos like the ones in that picture and think WTF I mean really if you are going to get ink at least be original.

Over-Head
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
if you are going to get ink at least be original.
Ok, I'll try dad

RNR
04-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Ok, I'll try dad

Son I do not want to have this talk again! :)

Bwana
04-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Ok, I'll try dad

After today's fiirst round pick, I hope you'll consider the heart felt idea I posted eariler in the thread OH. :evil:

RNR
04-25-2009, 07:29 PM
After today's fiirst round pick, I hope you'll consider the heart felt idea I posted eariler in the thread OH. :evil:

Uh....well....that would be original :eek:

RJ
04-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Is a DHB tat in the works?

Jenson71
04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
All that ink will penetrate into your bloodstream and eventually make it to your brain. Which is why people start with a little butterfly on their ankle or a cross on their chest and end up like a transitioning Michael Jackson.

Bwana
04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Uh....well....that would be original :eek:

I try. :D

Over-Head
04-27-2009, 05:57 PM
I try. :D
And most times succeed :doh!:

Over-Head
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
All that ink will penetrate into your bloodstream and eventually make it to your brain. .
No way it can get past all the THC an caffine (not to mention the ungodly crap I pumped into my self for 13 years as a long haul trucker) in my system LMAO

Over-Head
05-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Son I do not want to have this talk again! :)

Dear dad:
How are you I am fine
Today I went for a walk down town
It was fun
I stopped and had some ice cream
It was good
I saw a man get get a cup of coffee tossed out a window on top of his head and laughed really hard

Will come home for memorial day weekend if you send me some "more" bus fare.
I spent the cash you sent me last week today at "St.John's Ink" on 2 "Tiger Lillies" for the top of my forarm.

xoxoxo
One of your sons

PS:
School sucks, tell mom I said hi

flipped cracker
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
my ink:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1214/531216030_2962b51e38.jpg?v=1181027543

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1403/531322883_acf6f5ac39.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1320/531216530_75b98fe773.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1423/875788146_ad428d8263.jpg?v=1185215415

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1354/875773842_9a09d50862.jpg?v=1185215438