PDA

View Full Version : Football 4 days until the draft and WHB is talking...

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
KU/MU baseball?

Neither team even has a winning record and the game at Kaufman doesn't count as a conference game.

But the entire 9am hour is gonna be interviews with the 2 coaches.

Unbelievable.

Molitoth
04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Not that I am a fan of college baseball,.... but the draft is covered the minute the NFL season ends. They are probably out of material... Having said that, I would still rather listen to fart bubbles pertaining to the NFL rather then anything to do with college baseball.

Braincase
04-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Umm - KU is 25-14, 8-7 in Big 12 (9-8 vs. Top 25). They were ranked number 24 last week, but just dropped a road series. 18-2 at home.

Blindside58
04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
A local sports station talking about local sports...The nerve!

Sure-Oz
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
It will be ok, the next few days it'll be all about the draft

Demonpenz
04-21-2009, 09:10 AM
The border work transends sports. People were killed in it

Mr. Krab
04-21-2009, 09:11 AM
KU/MU baseball?

Neither team even has a winning record and the game at Kaufman doesn't count as a conference game.

But the entire 9am hour is gonna be interviews with the 2 coaches.

Unbelievable.
I thought 810 sucked so bad you didn't listen to it? So don't listen to it and then we won't have to listen to you bitch about it.

dirk digler
04-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Petro comes on at 10 what is he talking about today?

Braincase
04-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Petro comes on at 10 what is he talking about today?

The root causes of penis envy. Apparently Denver has quite a bit. Men wish they had them, and some of the women wish their men had them, too.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 09:49 AM
I thought 810 sucked so bad you didn't listen to it? So don't listen to it and then we won't have to listen to you bitch about it.

Dude, stop being such a pussy.

It's called a discussion topic. If you don't like it, don't open the thread, and certainly don't take the time to respond.

Micjones
04-21-2009, 09:49 AM
That's why I listen to 610.
Nick Wright's been talking Draft for most of his show.

InvinciBill
04-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Neither team even has a winning record

:spock:

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Umm - KU is 25-14, 8-7 in Big 12 (9-8 vs. Top 25). They were ranked number 24 last week, but just dropped a road series. 18-2 at home.

They said they were 7-7 in the B12 this morning during the teaser.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
That's why I listen to 610.
Nick Wright's been talking Draft for most of his show.

I can't get 610 anymore, they did something to their signal.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 09:54 AM
:spock:

I was speaking of conference record. They said during the teaser that KU was 7-7 and MU was 7-8.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 09:55 AM
A local sports station talking about local sports...The nerve!

The Royals and Chiefs are both local teams as well.

InvinciBill
04-21-2009, 09:57 AM
I was speaking of conference record. They said during the teaser that KU was 7-7 and MU was 7-8.

Then I redirect the :spock: at the radio station. KU is 8-7.

InvinciBill
04-21-2009, 09:58 AM
And, upon further review, MU is 8-10, not 7-8, according to the official Big 12 site.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 09:59 AM
And, upon further review, MU is 8-10, not 7-8, according to the official Big 12 site.

So they can't even get their shit right when we can look it up on Google in 30 seconds. :shake:

LaChapelle
04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
They're afraid they may leak something they're not suppose to, and end up in Detriot.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 10:07 AM
They're afraid they may leak something they're not suppose to, and end up in Detriot.

Eddie Kennison is on now. He still wants to play.

Iowanian
04-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Kennison is on now, talking about the draft.

He just said that as a former WR, he absolutely doesn't think the Chiefs should take a Wr, and his opinion is that the Chiefs should take an OT with the #3. He says a good line makes the QB and WR better.

LaChapelle
04-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Oh noes http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl
The Rams are wanting in on the Sanchez trading pie.
Smokescreens galore.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Kennison is on now, talking about the draft.

He just said that as a former WR, he absolutely doesn't think the Chiefs should take a Wr, and his opinion is that the Chiefs should take an OT with the #3. He says a good line makes the QB and WR better.

And he's right.

He just completely forgot that we already have Brandon Albert.

blaise
04-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Interviews with college baseball coaches. Wow, that's pretty damn sucky.
"Well we got a good club and let me tell you about some players you've never heard of, you'll never hear about again, and you never cared about before."
Yikes.

Iowanian
04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
He just said his selection at #3 would be Andre Smith, OT from Alabama.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 10:15 AM

I heard that, I'm still laughing.

Demonpenz
04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Oher hasn't been doing very well, but he would be the road grader we are looking for at RT

Blindside58
04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
The Royals and Chiefs are both local teams as well.

And? I listened to 45 minutes worth of Draft talk this morning on my drive in on 810. I was just stating that it is good to hear the wider spectrum of local sports other than just Chiefs and Royals talk 24-7. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge homer for our 2 franchises and watch the Draft like a holiday tradition. But, repetitive discussion about topics at least a day old gets a little stale after awhile. The fact is, the more media attention KU and MU can get means that more athletes may want to play for the schools and maybe someday the KU/MU baseball game can have a little more meaning.

Sure-Oz
04-21-2009, 10:17 AM

I wonder what pick he'll go....i still can't believe how stupid he is

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 10:18 AM
And? I listened to 45 minutes worth of Draft talk this morning on my drive in on 810. I was just stating that it is good to hear the wider spectrum of local sports other than just Chiefs and Royals talk 24-7. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge homer for our 2 franchises and watch the Draft like a holiday tradition. But, repetitive discussion about topics at least a day old gets a little stale after awhile. The fact is, the more media attention KU and MU can get means that more athletes may want to play for the schools and maybe someday the KU/MU baseball game can have a little more meaning.

Don't get me wrong - I love hearing the MU, KU, and KSU talk too, despite living in Iowa.

But interviewing college baseball coaches? Come on.

DeezNutz
04-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Who loves them some titties?

http://www.bay-area-sports-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/andre-smith-300x200.jpg

LaChapelle
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Kennison is probably in dread of the Waters question, that's hanging in the air like stale cigar smoke.

Iowanian
04-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Surprise. Some MU fan disagrees and thinks that the obvious choice is Maclin.

R&GHomer
04-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Not that I am a fan of college baseball,.... but the draft is covered the minute the NFL season ends. They are probably out of material... Having said that, I would still rather listen to fart bubbles pertaining to the NFL rather then anything to do with college baseball.

You do like to keep yourself entertained don't you?:doh!:

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 11:59 AM
So Petro just reiterated that Kennison would take Andre Smith and then reiterated that HE AGREES.

He thinks Smith is the pick at #3 due to the fact that we need to be able to run the ball and Smith is the best RT prospect on the board.

Fish
04-21-2009, 12:01 PM
So Petro just reiterated that Kennison would take Andre Smith and then reiterated that HE AGREES.

He thinks Smith is the pick at #3 due to the fact that we need to be able to run the ball and Smith is the best RT prospect on the board.

:shake:

This is why we have idiot fans.....

Demonpenz
04-21-2009, 12:01 PM

I can see this going down too that would solidify our offensive line :clap:

BigCatDaddy
04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
I can see this going down too that would solidify our offensive line :clap:

I would love to see him as our RT, but he is going to want LT money which at the #3 spot would be a lot. I just don't see this happening. I thought about the possibility drafting a LT and sliding over Albert to the right side, but I don't think the LT's in this draft are better then Albert now. If you think you got a HOF LT then I might make the move, but I'm not seeing a Roaf, Pace, Ogden type LT here.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
And he's right.

He just completely forgot that we already have Brandon Albert.

Not that I want a tackle at three but Albert's all we've got.

I think Waters is as good as gone.

BigCatDaddy
04-21-2009, 01:01 PM

Goff will be a solid interior player for us for a few years also.

Demonpenz
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I would love to see him as our RT, but he is going to want LT money which at the #3 spot would be a lot. I just don't see this happening. I thought about the possibility drafting a LT and sliding over Albert to the right side, but I don't think the LT's in this draft are better then Albert now. If you think you got a HOF LT then I might make the move, but I'm not seeing a Roaf, Pace, Ogden type LT here.

Or Robert Gallery, a person who can anchor the position for a decade

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 02:20 PM

First, Penz was being facetious. It's his "schtick". You just have to roll with it.

Second, you're 100% correct.

If you take a tackle at #3, he is going to EXPECT to play LT and he's going to EXPECT to be paid like one. Furthermore, Brandon Albert is superior to any of the LT's in this draft.

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 02:22 PM

We'll get at least 2 linemen in this draft, probably both on the 2nd day. Bank on it.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 03:03 PM
The sports radio in this town just plays right into the retard demo..of course Petro thought the Chiefs should take Erasmus James one year too...

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 06:21 PM
The sports radio in this town just plays right into the retard demo..of course Petro thought the Chiefs should take Erasmus James one year too...

Erasmus Jones. ROFL

T-post Tom
04-21-2009, 07:13 PM

Petro is the last K.C. radio personality that I'd bag on. He's very knowledgeable on sports and is entertaining more times than not.

kcfanXIII
04-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Petro is the last K.C. radio personality that I'd bag on. He's very knowledgeable on sports and is entertaining more times than not.

nick wright, he's actually respectful to his callers he disagrees with. what i've heard anyways. has a sense of humor like mine.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Nick Wright is the guy that had a huge rant about how we can't fire Herm...

morphius
04-21-2009, 08:34 PM

I think there is so little to get excited about in this draft everyone is figuring that the OT are the only real option, and then act excited as being dreadfully bored about the idea doesn't make great radio. At this point I think we should almost pull a MN, and just let the time run out if we can't find anyone to trade with. I think it would be fun to watch, all the commentators panicking, as the Chiefs wait X more picks and take someone they want where he is slotted.

kcfanXIII
04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Nick Wright is the guy that had a huge rant about how we can't fire Herm...

ha, really? i didn't know that. i think i can still listen to him though, cause i think he's pretty funny most of the time.