PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs WR Jeff Webb Signs Restricted Free Agent Tender

Delano
04-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Chiefs WR Jeff Webb Signs Restricted Free Agent Tender (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/04/20/chiefs_wr_jeff_webb_signs_restricted_free_agent_tender/)

Apr 20, 2009, 3:16:22 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Monday that WR Jeff Webb has signed his restricted free agent tender.

Webb (6-2, 211) has played in 31 games (three starts) during his three-year career with Kansas City. He has caught 36 passes for 382 yards (10.6 avg.) with one TD and one rush for five yards. He has added 17 kickoff returns for 373 yards (21.9 avg.) and 14 special teams tackles. He originally entered the NFL as the Chiefs second pick in the sixth-round (190th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.

The San Diego State product played in 44 games (30 starts) for the Aztecs, recording 234 receptions for 2,890 yards (12.4 avg.) with 20 touchdowns. Webb was a first-team All-Western Region selection as a senior at La Quinta High School in La Quinta, California.

LaChapelle
04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
He couldn't keep his signature between the lines.

raybec 4
04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Will Franklin must be an unbearable douche if we kept this turd over him.

LaChapelle
04-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Did Franklin have injury issues all through college? I may be thinking of Maclin.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-21-2009, 10:31 AM

Well he did go to Mizzou didn't he?

:D

Ebolapox
04-21-2009, 10:35 AM
does webb deserve his very own repost?

Gonzo
04-21-2009, 10:35 AM
me 'tnirp

jjchieffan
04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Print 'em

The Franchise
04-21-2009, 10:38 AM

ROFL

EyePod
04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
does webb deserve his very own repost?

Yeah, I thought this happened 2 days ago..

Gonzo
04-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Print 'em

tsopeR

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5690310&postcount=7

Noss
04-21-2009, 10:46 AM

Also, when he dotted the i in Will it was above the line but the i in Franklin was below the line.

KCrockaholic
04-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Did Franklin have injury issues all through college? I may be thinking of Maclin.

They both have. Maclin has had annoying injurys but nothing serious that has kept him out for a long time.

Micjones
04-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Amazing how this guy's managed to hang on.
At one time it was believed he could actually be a starter in this league.
Bum. He'll be lucky to make the team.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM

This.

I hope the tender was a can of SPAM.

36 catches in 31 games :shake:
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
04-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Amazing how this guy's managed to hang on.
At one time it was believed he could actually be a starter in this league.
Bum. He'll be lucky to make the team.
He much suck some mean tubesteak.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, he does have good size. Haley made a 1,000 yard receiver out of Steve Breaston (a 5th round pick) so Webb probably has the best opportunity to improve with the Chiefs.

jjchieffan
04-21-2009, 11:57 AM
tsopeR

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5690310&postcount=7

Yeah yeah. Ya beat me to it. :cuss:

Fish
04-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Keep ****ing doubting Jeff Webb...... LMAO

htismaqe
04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, he does have good size. Haley made a 1,000 yard receiver out of Steve Breaston (a 5th round pick) so Webb probably has the best opportunity to improve with the Chiefs.

Not to mention that the reason Breaston fell was because he was supposed to be physically-limited (not very fast, didn't run great routes).

Titty Meat
04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
This guy still could be a good player this is his 3rd season? Herm never played Cotchery in New York and when he left Cotchery was a good WR. Basically Herm is an idiot.

Micjones
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM

Difference being, Breaston had great WR's ahead of him that pushed him.
That's why I'm so disappointed in Webb.
He's had dog shit in front of him and still hasn't been able to make a push for the #2 spot.
Hell for the slot, for that matter.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 01:25 PM
This guy still could be a good player this is his 3rd season? Herm never played Cotchery in New York and when he left Cotchery was a good WR. Basically Herm is an idiot.

Herm was a complete fucking toolbox. Nobody will dispute that, but he put Webb on the field. Goddamn, can you remember when we'd line up Huard dropping back to pass to Sammie Parker and Jeff Webb? JFC. I'd hurl it to Tony G too.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
04-21-2009, 01:36 PM
My Lord it's a one year deal and we can use all the depth we can get. Webb hasn't been anything special, but I can't fault us for offering him a tender.

CoMoChief
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Webb fuckin sucks. Franklin obviously is a huge sissy, so much that a coaching staff decides to let him go after only 1 season in the NFL as a first day pick.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
He buys the team a year of up close and personal evaluations at a low cost. This is a good move. He either proves he's worthy of re-signing to a long-term contract or we lose nothing by not re-signing him next year.

Blindside58
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Free Agents I'd rather have than Webb: (Not in any order)

WR Drew Bennett UFA (Cut) St. Louis Rams Free Agent
WR Drew Carter UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
WR Robert Ferguson UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
WR Mike Furrey UFA (Cut) Detroit Lions Free Agent
WR D.J. Hackett UFA (Cut) Carolina Panthers Free Agent
WR Kelley Washington UFA (Cut) New England Patriots Free Agent
WR Reggie Williams UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
WR Shaun McDonald UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
WR Justin McCareins UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
WR Dane Looker UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent

Oldies FA's I would prefer not to have, but better than Webb -
Matt Jones, Marvin Harrison, Plax, Toomer, K-Rob,Hilliard

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
He buys the team a year of up close and personal evaluations at a low cost. This is a good move. He either proves he's worthy of re-signing to a long-term contract or we lose nothing by not re-signing him next year.

I agree it was a good move if there was nothing dramatically better out there. It's still perplexing though that they canned Franklin and kept Webb. I know it was because he was a pussy, but he still seemed like he had way more potential.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
04-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Free Agents I'd rather have than Webb: (Not in any order)

WR Drew Bennett UFA (Cut) St. Louis Rams Free Agent
WR Drew Carter UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
WR Robert Ferguson UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
WR Mike Furrey UFA (Cut) Detroit Lions Free Agent
WR D.J. Hackett UFA (Cut) Carolina Panthers Free Agent
WR Kelley Washington UFA (Cut) New England Patriots Free Agent
WR Reggie Williams UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
WR Shaun McDonald UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
WR Justin McCareins UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
WR Dane Looker UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent

Oldies FA's I would prefer not to have, but better than Webb -
Matt Jones, Marvin Harrison, Plax, Toomer, K-Rob,Hilliard

Those are FA's I'd rather have, but none of them really help us where we need it. At #2 opposite of Bowe.

We have Engram already. So none of these guys do much more than make the competition at WR more interesting. Which I suppose isn't a bad thing.

Contrarian
04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I am so confused as to what we are going to do on draft day!!!
First it's that we are upgrading our LB with Curry - ok, then our Oline is being retooled and we are looking at picking up an RT or LT for the 3rd pick - ok, or that we are wanting to move down - that's cool. And now we are mixing it up with the wideouts this week. Is someone going to say that we're going with Crabtree for the third pick if we can't move down? What the hellz going on here????

Mecca
04-21-2009, 02:55 PM
They both have. Maclin has had annoying injurys but nothing serious that has kept him out for a long time.

Uh Maclin has blown an ACL...

And for the FA list Kelley Washington is an outstanding special teams player.