PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The early reviews of the new Star Trek movie are in.

sd4chiefs
04-21-2009, 06:48 PM
100% on the Tomatometer. Looking good so far.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_11/

04-21-2009, 07:05 PM
It's early but it surprises me that it is starting out that high already.

Sure-Oz
04-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Very early but off to a good start, doesn't it come out next friday?

HC_Chief
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
From the trailers it looks to me the producers/director missed the point completely. Reviews with quotes "edge of your seat thrill-ride" reinforce this.

I hope it is great, but I have a sinking suspicion that this is the "Star Trek Extreme: Mountain Dew the Enterprise!!"

Deberg_1990
04-22-2009, 10:26 AM
From the trailers it looks to me the producers/director missed the point completely. Reviews with quotes "edge of your seat thrill-ride" reinforce this.

I hope it is great, but I have a sinking suspicion that this is the "Star Trek Extreme: Mountain Dew the Enterprise!!"

Its probably going to divide some old school trekkies.

From the stuff ive read, yoru right, its definately going for more of a high octane ride than previous Trek flicks. (BTW, they had to do this to help justify the budget and bring in a new "younger" audience)

But ive not read one bad review of it yet.

Heres another thread from a few weeks ago:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205506

Frazod
04-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Today I got the graphic novel (glorified comic book) of the backstory leading up to the movie. Spock and several Next Generation characters, including Data and Picard, are featured (set 20 years after the last movie, Picard is now the Federation ambassor to Vulcan, Spock is the Federal ambassor to Romulus and Data is Captain of the Enterprise-E). I've read about halfway through it, seems pretty cool.

04-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Today I got the graphic novel (glorified comic book) of the backstory leading up to the movie. Spock and several Next Generation characters, including Data and Picard, are featured (set 20 years after the last movie, Picard is now the Federation ambassor to Vulcan, Spock is the Federal ambassor to Romulus and Data is Captain of the Enterprise-E). I've read about halfway through it, seems pretty cool.I guess you can get this in the iTunes app store as well. Checking now.

Yep. .99 per book. 4 bucks.

You have to have a iPhone or iPod Touch though.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Today I got the graphic novel (glorified comic book) of the backstory leading up to the movie. Spock and several Next Generation characters, including Data and Picard, are featured (set 20 years after the last movie, Picard is now the Federation ambassor to Vulcan, Spock is the Federal ambassor to Romulus and Data is Captain of the Enterprise-E). I've read about halfway through it, seems pretty cool.

What about Wesley Crusher?? :)

Frazod
04-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I guess you can get this in the iTunes app store as well. Checking now.

Yep. .99 per book. 4 bucks.

You have to have a iPhone or iPod Touch though.

I'm old school - I want the printed one.

Frazod
04-22-2009, 10:45 AM
What about Wesley Crusher?? :)

Hopefully he was on Romulus when it went up like a roman candle.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Hopefully he was on Romulus when it went up like a roman candle.

Heh, he was actually in the last flick "Nemesis" for like 3 seconds.

04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Heh, he was actually in the last flick "Nemesis" for like 3 seconds.He was? What part?

Ultra Peanut
04-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Part of me is sad that it's not a nerdrage-inducing disasterpiece.

But hey, good movies can be fun too, I guess.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM
He was? What part?

Hes sitting at the table during the wedding scene near the beginning. Make sure you watch the widescreen version. I cant remember if he actually spoke or not? It probably got left on the cutting room floor.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Hes sitting at the table during the wedding scene near the beginning. Make sure you watch the widescreen version. I cant remember if he actually spoke or not? It probably got left on the cutting room floor.

heh, i was right:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253754/trivia

Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) was invited back to the cast by executive producer Rick Berman after Wheaton spoke with LeVar Burton (Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge) on a special Star Trek edition of NBC's "The Weakest Link" (2001/II). Wheaton remains in the end titles although all of his scenes were cut from the final version of the film and he can only be seen as a non-speaking extra during the wedding scene.

Sure-Oz
04-23-2009, 06:38 AM
No Worf?? What about his goofy looking son that starred in a great childrens thriller "Blank Check"?!
http://www.amazon.com/Blank-Check-Brian-Bonsall/dp/B000089771/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1240490332&sr=8-1

Frazod
04-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Two more weeks. :banghead:

Deberg_1990
04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Two more weeks. :banghead:

Have you seen the clips with Bones yet? That dude really nailed it.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2009, 09:49 AM
It looks good, but it doesn't look like a Star Trek movie. It looks like Die Hard in Space.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
It looks good, but it doesn't look like a Star Trek movie. It looks like Die Hard in Space.

Yea, like i mentioned earlier, thats the part alot of old school fans (even myself) will have to get over. For better or worse, we can all agree the premise needed a reboot, refresh, whatever.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Yea, like i mentioned earlier, thats the part alot of old school fans (even myself) will have to get over. For better or worse, we can all agree the premise needed a reboot, refresh, whatever.

I wouldn't say I am a trekie, but I do like the story. I am more of a Star Wars person, but I just got done watching the Star Trek: Enterprise series and it was awesome. They gave up on it when it was starting to get really good, and I think it would have made some excellent movies. Rick BErman sucks.

beach tribe
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I have no heard anything bad about this film. supposed to be epic.

Frazod
04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't say I am a trekie, but I do like the story. I am more of a Star Wars person, but I just got done watching the Star Trek: Enterprise series and it was awesome. They gave up on it when it was starting to get really good, and I think it would have made some excellent movies. Rick BErman sucks.

The problem was they had a chance to reboot the franchise with this show and dropped the ball and went all goody-goody-touchy-feely-Voyager. That's when I (and apparently lots of other people) bailed on it. Archer should have been more like Kirk and less like Janeway. He wasn't. By the time they realized they'd lost their audience and ramped up the sex and violence, the damage was done.

I do miss the naked Vulcan chick, though.

Frazod
04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Have you seen the clips with Bones yet? That dude really nailed it.

Seems like they all nailed it. Goddamn I can't wait for this. The next two weeks are going to be interminable.

Bowser
04-23-2009, 10:43 AM

You mean the Data that was atomized on board the Scimitar when it exploded? Or is this a new and improved B4?

MMXcalibur
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Soooo...they're not just rebooting the entire original Star Trek series? That was my initial impression from the previews.

Bowser
04-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Soooo...they're not just rebooting the entire original Star Trek series? That was my initial impression from the previews.

It's Star Trek. You know there is going to be space/time continuum issues.

And I think ultimately it may be a complete reboot. There's that scene where Eric Bana's character says "James T. Kirk WAS a good man. But that was another life." Either way, I'm really stoked to see this flick.

Frazod
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM
You mean the Data that was atomized on board the Scimitar when it exploded? Or is this a new and improved B4?

It's Data in the B4 body - apparently at some point they got him working correctly.

I have heard that Data will be seen briefly in the new movie as the captain of the Enterprise E in the future, but don't know if it's true or not. In the comic book, Picard, Data, Worf and LaForge were featured. I suppose it's possible any of them could have cameos.

Bowser
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
It's Data in the B4 body - apparently at some point they got him working correctly.

I have heard that Data will be seen briefly in the new movie as the captain of the Enterprise E in the future, but don't know if it's true or not. In the comic book, Picard, Data, Worf and LaForge were featured. I suppose it's possible any of them could have cameos.

Figured that would happen, so that's not really suprising. They're going to have to use CGI on Spiner's face if he keeps doing Data in these movies. Dud'es getting old and wrinkly. :D

I was at Barnes and Noble recently, and I was this >< close to buying that graphic novel. Still enjoying it?

Frazod
04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Figured that would happen, so that's not really suprising. They're going to have to use CGI on Spiner's face if he keeps doing Data in these movies. Dud'es getting old and wrinkly. :D

I was at Barnes and Noble recently, and I was this >< close to buying that graphic novel. Still enjoying it?

Yeah, it was cool.

Miles
04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Moriarty's review is now up for those interested.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-motion-captured/posts/2009-4-25-the-motion-captured-review-star-trek

Deberg_1990
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Moriarty's review is now up for those interested.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-motion-captured/posts/2009-4-25-the-motion-captured-review-star-trek

I like his reviews. Hes a fanboy, but he always remains level headed. Never starstruck or gushing just because its genre related.

Miles
04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I like his reviews. Hes a fanboy, but he always remains level headed. Never starstruck or gushing just because its genre related.

Pretty much sums up why I like his reviews as well.

Buehler445
04-30-2009, 04:47 PM
OK so this movie is a prequel right? with all the major players?

Someone told me it was Kirk's kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
04-30-2009, 05:30 PM
OK so this movie is a prequel right? with all the major players?

Someone told me it was Kirk's kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes Prequel with all the major players from the original series.

No, its not Kirks kid, its 90210 Kirk.

googlegoogle
04-30-2009, 05:32 PM
This is Star Trek designed for people who don't actually like Star Trek .

Not interested.

Loved the review that says 'plot is a mess'.

How does this get 100% on rottencrapreviews.com ??

Frazod
04-30-2009, 06:29 PM

Not interested.

Yes, by all means, trash a movie you haven't seen based on one review.

It's not like that makes you look like a idiot or anything....

Silock
04-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes, by all means, trash a movie you haven't seen based on one review.

It's not like that makes you look like a idiot or anything....

Look at who posted it.

irishjayhawk
04-30-2009, 06:45 PM
http://twitpic.com/4aytx

http://twitpic.com/4aytx

Bowser
05-01-2009, 12:43 AM

Not interested.

You make yourself sound like a hardline fanboy that's pissed that an "outsider" is fucking with the Trek timeline. Whatever. This movie looks to be badass.

modocsot
05-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Still holding my breath for a DS9 movie.

beer bacon
05-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Yay, I am actually getting excited about this movie. That only happens two or three times a year. I am glad to hear this is good after seeing bad reviews for Wolverine.

CoMoChief
05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Too bad Star Trek sucks ass.

Frazod
05-01-2009, 01:31 PM

Right. The most successful entertainment franchise in history. Six television series and 11 movies over four decades (so far), millions of fans, billions of dollars in generated revenue, an inspiration to countless scientists, inventors and astronauts.

If there's ever a contest for dumbest cocksucker on earth, you've definitely got my vote.

irishjayhawk
05-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Right. The most successful entertainment franchise in history. Six television series and 11 movies over four decades (so far), millions of fans, billions of dollars in generated revenue, an inspiration to countless scientists, inventors and astronauts.

If there's ever a contest for dumbest one who sucks the penis on earth, you've definitely got my vote.

That's why you see Jayhawkers trying to toss him off the bus. :)

beer bacon
05-01-2009, 02:03 PM

Hehe. Your opinions are worthless.

Frazod
05-01-2009, 02:06 PM
That's why you see Jayhawkers trying to toss him off the bus. :)

Sorry, he's all yours. We all pitched in and bought him a Reesing jersey and a one-way bus ticket to Lawrence.

Enjoy.

Bowser
05-02-2009, 01:20 AM

Do people standing around you actually hear the sound of a fart everytime your mouth opens?

05-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Too bad Star Trek sucks ass.IN the words of Debra Barone....

IDIOT
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/raymond/images/thumb/7/7c/Debra_barone_01.png/150px-Debra_barone_01.png

googlegoogle
05-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Liked this one. Most nonscifi people hated it.

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/fan/submissions/doug/Star_Trek_Poster.jpg

05-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Liked this one. Most nonscifi people hated it.

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/fan/submissions/doug/Star_Trek_Poster.jpgI hated it when it first came out but love it now.

05-02-2009, 03:38 AM
The graphic novel was interesting. Looking forward to how exactly Kirk ties into it now.

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2009, 03:44 AM

http://www.awesomemustache.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/insp-captkirk.jpg

Braincase
05-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I've got my tickets for next Friday's first matinee in Lawrence. Wife & I are having lunch together, then heading to the show.

Miles
05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Think this one will likely be the first movie I will be seeing in IMAX. I intended to with the last Batman but ended up seeing it at on a standard screen.

Deberg_1990
05-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Think this one will likely be the first movie I will be seeing in IMAX. I intended to with the last Batman but ended up seeing it at on a standard screen.

As far as i know, The Dark Knight was the first mainstream flick that actually had scenes filmed in the IMAX format.

All the other flicks just blow up the film to fit the IMAX screen. Still pretty cool though on a huge screen.

KcMizzou
05-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Think this one will likely be the first movie I will be seeing in IMAX. I intended to with the last Batman but ended up seeing it at on a standard screen.Watchmen was my first IMAX experience. It's pretty sweet.

Bowser
05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Watchmen was my first IMAX experience. It's pretty sweet.

I liked it in IMAX, to be sure. I also enjoyed the Star Trek previews in said IMAX, which just further fuels the anticipation for this flick.

Miles, I have a guy I work with trying to debate with me that there is nothing special with IMAX, but I steadfastly refuse to believe that IMAX isn't superior. Films like Star Trek and Watchmen are made for IMAX. Enjoy.

Miles
05-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Nice. Outside of the added cost I really have no reason not to check out Star Trek in IMAX since the theater that is maybe a mile from my place has an IMAX screen.

irishjayhawk
05-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I liked it in IMAX, to be sure. I also enjoyed the Star Trek previews in said IMAX, which just further fuels the anticipation for this flick.

Miles, I have a guy I work with trying to debate with me that there is nothing special with IMAX, but I steadfastly refuse to believe that IMAX isn't superior. Films like Star Trek and Watchmen are made for IMAX. Enjoy.

Personally, I don't find the IMAX image to be that much superior. Having said that, the sound is, in my opinion, very much superior. That's why I go.

Bowser
05-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice. Outside of the added cost I really have no reason not to check out Star Trek in IMAX since the theater that is maybe a mile from my place has an IMAX screen.One word of advice - be sure to sit no closer than halfway down towards the screen, if possible. I've found that if I sit too close in an IMAX, I tend to get a headache trying to focus on the three story HD visuals, lol.

Personally, I don't find the IMAX image to be that much superior. Having said that, the sound is, in my opinion, very much superior. That's why I go.I disagree with you on the image (but to be fair, the only way to put that to a test is to see a movie once in IMAX and then soon thereafter in a regular theater, which I haven't done. Maybe that would be a good test for Star Trek....), but completely agree about the sound. You can FEEL a difference.

Miles
05-02-2009, 04:25 PM
One word of advice - be sure to sit no closer than halfway down towards the screen, if possible. I've found that if I sit too close in an IMAX, I tend to get a headache trying to focus on the three story HD visuals, lol.

Thanks for the tip. :thumb:

Frazod
05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Got tickets for Thursday night at 7:00.

It's going to be a long week. :banghead:

sd4chiefs
05-02-2009, 05:17 PM
17 reviews are in and it is still at 100% on the tomatometer. :thumb:

googlegoogle
05-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I hated it when it first came out but love it now.

The director Robert Wise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wise) for that movie was brilliant and one of the best.

He edited Citizen Kane. He made some of my favorite films.

-Run silent, run deep.

-Day the earth stood still.

-Andromeda Strain.

-Sound of Music

-West side Story.

-Star Trek.

Frazod
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Up to 22 reviews now, still running at 100%.

75 hours to go.

Tribal Warfare
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Just got my tickets for the 1st showing on Thursday

05-04-2009, 07:50 PM
show off

Garcia Bronco
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I'll watch it and own it. It looks bad ass, but the previews looks like Die Hard in space.

Garcia Bronco
05-04-2009, 08:03 PM

In IMAX in Batman, when the camera dives around China it's almost makes you get the spins. I'm sure you'll really enjoy this in IMAX.

Simply Red
05-04-2009, 08:32 PM
You make yourself sound like a hardline fanboy that's pissed that an "outsider" is ****ing with the Trek timeline. Whatever. This movie looks to be badass.

you just 'served' google google.

Simply Red
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM

ROFL concur.

05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
In IMAX in Batman, when the camera dives around China it's almost makes you get the spins. I'm sure you'll really enjoy this in IMAX.Wish I had the time to trek up to KC to see this in Imax. I'm sure it will be out of Imax by June though.

Frazod
05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
ROFL concur.

So you think David Lynch is good, but Star Trek is bad?

Damn.....

:shake:

Sure-Oz
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I didn't expect it to get 22 positves so far..

ill have to go see this asap

05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Was Dark Knight still 100% at this stage? Seems like it was at 94% if I remember right.

Sure-Oz
05-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Was Dark Knight still 100% at this stage? Seems like it was at 94% if I remember right.

Im pretty sure it was...i hope star trek is ranked high cause my expectations for it was that it'd atleast be entertaining, not great

Tribal Warfare
05-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Im pretty sure it was...i hope star trek is ranked high cause my expectations for it was that it'd atleast be entertaining, not great

Yeah, like a Next Generation movie

Miles
05-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah, like a Next Generation movie

Generations wasn't great but at least it was entertaining.

I am trying not to let the hype build for myself but with the constant trailers and very positive reviews it's becoming difficult.

05-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I went into Dark Knight expecting the world and came away slightly disappointed. I am going into this one not expecting a lot. These reviews are make that very difficult.

Sure-Oz
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
I went into Dark Knight expecting the world and came away slightly disappointed. I am going into this one not expecting a lot. These reviews are make that very difficult.

What disappointed you most about TDK?

05-04-2009, 11:43 PM
What disappointed you most about TDK?It wasn't one specific thing. I just feel that it didn't surpass Batman Begins. Of course, BB came from out of left field for me.

chagrin
05-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Why do the reviews sway you either way? Speaking for myself I give a shit less what a bunch of assholes I don't know say about this or any film.

Miles
05-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Why do the reviews sway you either way? Speaking for myself I give a shit less what a bunch of assholes I don't know say about this or any film.

It's not like reviews will stop me from seeing something I might be interested in but but if the reviews are overwhelmingly positive it adds to the anticipation.

Garcia Bronco
05-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Generations wasn't great but at least it was entertaining.

I am trying not to let the hype build for myself but with the constant trailers and very positive reviews it's becoming difficult.

It was like one long Episode.

kysirsoze
05-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Looks like Trek fans will finally get their Batman Begins or Casino Royale. I love seeing these genre movies rebooted and done right. Having a director that actually cares about the source material rather than one that just wants to be flashy and sell tickets makes all the difference in the world.

Tribal Warfare
05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
26 are in and still at 100%

Frazod
05-05-2009, 02:06 PM
52... more... hours.... :cuss:

Sure-Oz
05-05-2009, 11:17 PM
32 reviews, still 100%

Deberg_1990
05-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Now this is funny.

<object width="480" height="430"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FSTAR_TREK_artic le.jpg&amp;videoid=94844&title=Trekkies%20Bash%20New%20Star%20Trek%20Film%20As%20%27Fun%2C%20Watchable%27" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="430"flashvars="image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FSTAR_TREK_article.jpg&videoid=94844&title=Trekkies%20Bash%20New%20Star%20Trek%20Film%20As%20%27Fun%2C%20Watchable%27"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film">Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable'</a>

Pants
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Seeing this tonight at 7:30pm. Will let you guys know.

Frazod
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Now up to 42 reviews, still running at 100%.

One more day.....

Deberg_1990
05-06-2009, 10:13 AM

One more day.....

I just bought my tickets for 7:30 Friday night show in IMAX. Sweeeeeet!!

Frazod
05-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I just bought my tickets for 7:30 Friday night show in IMAX. Sweeeeeet!!

I've never seen anything in IMAX. Does it really live up to the hype?

Deberg_1990
05-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I've never seen anything in IMAX. Does it really live up to the hype?

It definately enhances the experience. I wouldnt pay the extra $ for every movie, but for big ones like this, yes.

Ive heard some people say they dont like it though because things can get hard to follow during action scenes. The screen is so large that its hard to focus on the whole screen at once.

Can you imagine a "Bourne" movie in IMAX? Headache inducing.

Frazod
05-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I think I'll pass - the regular theater is enough of a rip-off without incurring this added expense. Besides, this will certainly be shown on one of the larger screens at the 30-plex I'm going to, and those are pretty damn big in their own right.

sd4chiefs
05-06-2009, 11:22 AM

One more day.....

This A-HOLE just gave ST a bad review.

http://www.nypress.com/article-19758-where-young-boys-have-gone-before.html

I guess he enjoys getting a lot of hate E-mails.

Buck
05-06-2009, 11:41 AM
This A-HOLE just gave ST a bad review.

http://www.nypress.com/article-19758-where-young-boys-have-gone-before.html

I guess he enjoys getting a lot of hate E-mails.

Sounds like this guy gives movies bad reviews just so he can be the only one to give it a Rotten Tomato.

Bad Form.

Bowser
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Sounds like this guy gives movies bad reviews just so he can be the only one to give it a Rotten Tomato.

Bad Form.

That's what I got out of it. He'll forever be known as the guy who gave Star Trek the first bad review.

Pants
05-06-2009, 12:28 PM
It definately enhances the experience. I wouldnt pay the extra $ for every movie, but for big ones like this, yes.

Ive heard some people say they dont like it though because things can get hard to follow during action scenes. The screen is so large that its hard to focus on the whole screen at once.

Can you imagine a "Bourne" movie in IMAX? Headache inducing.

To me, it's more about the sound than the screen size. Shaking in your seat to the bass = win.

Frazod
05-06-2009, 12:31 PM
That's what I got out of it. He'll forever be known as the guy who gave Star Trek the first bad review.

I read it. The entire review screams "cry-baby Greenwich Village butt pirate."

05-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Now this is funny.

<object width="480" height="430">

<embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" flashvars="image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FSTAR_TREK_article.jpg&videoid=94844&title=Trekkies%20Bash%20New%20Star%20Trek%20Film%20As%20%27Fun%2C%20Watchable%27" width="480" height="430"></object>
Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable' (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film)Gene Roddenberry the hack. LMAO

Frazod
05-06-2009, 03:16 PM
There are now four negative reviews. Still in the upper 90s.

Ebert only gave it 2 1/2 stars, but he's always been a bit hard to Star Trek movies.

05-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Somebody actually compared this to Starship Troopers? LMAO

Frazod
05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Somebody actually compared this to Starship Troopers? LMAO

Hey, I liked Starship Troopers (never read the book).

05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey, I liked Starship Troopers (never read the book).Man, I hated that movie. heh

Deberg_1990
05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey, I liked Starship Troopers (never read the book).

Ive always liked it too.

Its definately got that whole black humour/extreme violence thing similiar to Verhovens Robocop.

Tribal Warfare
05-06-2009, 06:40 PM
it's down to 94%

Sure-Oz
05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
it's down to 94%

Guess i'll wait to rent it:D

Pants
05-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Saw it last night. I've never been a fan of Star Trek, but I was excited about the movie. I gotta say, everything but the story was great - the acting, the directing, the effects - all were top notch. I'm not sure how much you guys know about the story, so I'm not going to spoil it, but suffice it to say that, to me, the main concept everything revolved around failed miserably. I was expecting much, much better. We can discuss it all once more people see it...

I'd give it a 7.9 out of 10.

Bowser
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Saw it last night. I've never been a fan of Star Trek, but I was excited about the movie. I gotta say, everything but the story was great - the acting, the directing, the effects - all were top notch. I'm not sure how much you guys know about the story, so I'm not going to spoil it, but suffice it to say that, to me, the main concept everything revolved around failed miserably. I was expecting much, much better. We can discuss it all once more people see it...

You = no credibility.

:D

Demonpenz
05-07-2009, 12:01 PM
i watched some of the tng back in the day, one of the only shows my pops could sit down and watch instead of making some crazy project shit in the garage.

sd4chiefs
05-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Let me guess. The story is about 'insert alien race name' that was defeated by the Federation sometime in the future comes back in time to destory Earth.

Pants
05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
You = no credibility.

I saw the the borg cube movie one, does that count?

Frazod
05-07-2009, 03:11 PM
THREE..... MORE..... HOURS......

God this day has crawled by.

FUCK

:cuss:

the Talking Can
05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
just realized it was opening tonight...might go

111 positive reviews
8 negative

on tomato

underEJ
05-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I saw it last night too, and really liked it. I don't think the plot is a mess, it just assumes people will forgive a jump here and there to get to the good stuff. There is some action stolen shot for shot out of Starship Troopers, though, but it works. The casting is great, and it was very witty. I wish Bones had been more involved, but I'm sure there will be another one. Spock was fantastic.

munkey
05-07-2009, 09:25 PM
I saw it last night too, and really liked it. I don't think the plot is a mess, it just assumes people will forgive a jump here and there to get to the good stuff. There is some action stolen shot for shot out of Starship Troopers, though, but it works. The casting is great, and it was very witty. I wish Bones had been more involved, but I'm sure there will be another one. Spock was fantastic.

Totally agree but I loved it. Best Trek since Wrath of Kahn if not better.

Fish
05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Just got back. Wow. Very very good show. The characters were perfectly portrayed, if I were to imagine what a young Trek crew would have been like. The main characters were nails. They did a nice job of providing enough info on each, while throwing in some nerdy points that will be appreciated by the long time trekkies. The storyline dashed along rather nicely. Not perfect, but well enough not to hold the movie back. It was all rather believable for the Star Trek universe. There were definitely a few head scratchers though.

Overall, it exceeded my expectations. Easily. Very entertaining, and it seemed to fly by. Pretty complete film. By no means did it feel like a 2hr intro to future films. But definitely excited for future Trek films like this....

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 10:06 PM
How's Simon Pegg as Scotty?

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Best goddamn movie I've seen this year

Fish
05-07-2009, 10:10 PM
How's Simon Pegg as Scotty?

Surprisingly good, and pretty funny. Brief appearances, but did well with it. His involvement and introduction in the film was rather interesting....

Frazod
05-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I liked it a lot. There were some of the usual plot holes that you come to expect from Star Trek, but they were forgivable. I guess we can wait a few days to start nitpicking plot points after most everybody's seen it.

I do look forward to many new movies in the future. Wish they'd just start a new series, but I doubt if that will happen.

Miles
05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I just noticed the IMAX down the street from me has a fucking 3:15 am showing. 3:15, seriously?

Jenson71
05-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I just noticed the IMAX down the street from me has a ****ing 3:15 am showing. 3:15, seriously?

That's awesome. One of the best things to do in NY is go to movies at 1:00AM. It's so nice. There's nothing else you could be doing except clubbing or sleeping, so you don't feel like you're wasting time. And usually you have the theater to yourself except for some weird people in the front down to the left.

Frazod
05-07-2009, 11:17 PM
The theater by me really screwed up with their online sales. I got my tickets two weeks ago, but Monday a friend who was going to go with us tried to buy tickets online and couldn't because the site indicated the show was sold out. The theater ended up being about 1/3 empty.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Wish they'd just start a new series, but I doubt if that will happen.

Didnt they try that already on TV 4 times?

The original characters cant be topped. Especially the whole Kirk/Spock/Bones relationship.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Sitting at 94% with 138 total reviews....excited to see it.

Alot of good movies coming up now, Terminator in about 2 weeks

05-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Didnt they try that already on TV 4 times?

The original characters cant be topped. Especially the whole Kirk/Spock/Bones relationship.6 times. You forgot the cartoon and Enterprise.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Alot of good movies coming up now, Terminator in about 2 weeks

I'm not seeing that due to the PG-13 corporate rating.Which is the same reason why I boycotted Die Hard or Live Free

Frazod
05-07-2009, 11:42 PM
This was PG-13, although I'm not really sure why. Just a couple of bra-shots and one utterance of "bullshit."

They certainly could have done more with the green bitch. That was a class A rack. :drool:

05-07-2009, 11:45 PM
This was PG-13, although I'm not really sure why. Just a couple of bra-shots and one utterance of "bullshit."

They certainly could have done more with the green bitch. That was a class A rack. :drool:SPOILER ALERT damnit!!!!

Frazod
05-07-2009, 11:47 PM
SPOILER ALERT damnit!!!!

That's not a spoiler; it's just something extra to look forward to. :p

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm not seeing that due to the PG-13 corporate rating.Which is the same reason why I boycotted Die Hard or Live Free

LOL, really? Did you ever see die hard?

I don't get why there are hardly any R movies now...

I assume $$$

Fish
05-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Green bitch was beyond smokin..... sequel of her and her roomate without the PG-13 rating please....

05-07-2009, 11:53 PM

I assume $$$PG-13 IS the new R now.

05-07-2009, 11:53 PM
That's not a spoiler; it's just something extra to look forward to. :pI don't want to know about any scene in the movie until after Saturday afternoon.

Tribal Warfare
05-08-2009, 12:13 AM

I assume $$$

I briefly saw the corporate Die Hard when it was on Cinemax, and with the new Terminator I'm beyond disappointed because it had potential until the suits got a hold of it.

With the R rated thing, yeah dude like the Matrix and the Blade franchise suffered because of the "R" rating.

Tribal Warfare
05-08-2009, 12:14 AM
PG-13 IS the new R now.

:rolleyes:

give me a fuckin break what is "R" now the new unrated X?

some the great lines out the movie can't be said anymore

Die Hard " Yippee Kiyay motherfucker"
Terminator " Fuck You, Asshole"

05-08-2009, 12:17 AM

give me a ****in break what is "R" now the new unrated X?

Die Hard " Yippee Kiyay mother****er"
Terminator " **** You, Asshole"Just my opinion. I look at some of the movies that are getting the PG 13 rating these days and they would have been rated R back in the 80's and early 90's.

Personally, I think Die Hard would be PG-13 in theaters today.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Seems like they all nailed it. Goddamn I can't wait for this. The next two weeks are going to be interminable.

I've never been a huge ST fan, but this movie definitely looks like it could kick-start the franchise back to life.

Miles
05-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Personally, I think Die Hard would be PG-13 in theaters today.

It definitly be R these days for the language. Something like 50 fucks dropped.

I would prefer the language not removed from many action movies but with others it's not really a big deal. Just depends on the tone of the movie and it's characters.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 01:49 AM
I hated it when it first came out but love it now.

I remember two things about that movie:

The bald chick, and my Star Trek meal at McDonald's.
( the Happy Meal was not yet invented at this time ).

munkey
05-08-2009, 07:05 AM
I've never been a huge ST fan, but this movie definitely looks like it could kick-start the franchise back to life.

The only way one would not like this movie OR give a bad review is if they went in not wanting to see it in the first place i.e. not a Trek/Sci-Fi fan.

hishighness
05-08-2009, 07:07 AM
It's early but it surprises me that it is starting out that high already.It can't possibly be as bad as the first commerical they put out. I was like "Um, was that Star Trek?"

munkey
05-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I remember two things about that movie:

The bald chick

Veeger....

Frankie
05-08-2009, 08:46 AM
OK, I have not yet seen the movie. But from all indications they completely disregarded the fact that Spock never met Kirk until after the Captain Pike episode and worse, that Kirk, Spock and company never met the Romulans and their cloaking ship until way into their mutual adventures in the old series. For those of you who watched the new movie, how did they get around those points?

irishjayhawk
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Let's just leave it at the fact that the MPAA rating system sucks monkey balls.

Sure-Oz
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM

give me a ****in break what is "R" now the new unrated X?

Die Hard " Yippee Kiyay mother****er"
Terminator " **** You, Asshole"

There are a few R movies out there just some comedies it seems lately. Hopefully Terminator will still be awesome, they do push the pg 13 rating i'll admit.

Fish
05-08-2009, 08:57 AM
OK, I have not yet seen the movie. But from all indications they completely disregarded the fact that Spock never met Kirk until after the Captain Pike episode and worse, that Kirk, Spock and company never met the Romulans and their cloaking ship until way into their mutual adventures in the old series. For those of you who watched the new movie, how did they get around those points?

That situation is appropriately addressed in the movie. You'll have to check it out to understand. If we explained it, it would ruin some aspects of the movie.

Frazod
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM

The villain is from the future - he sets events in motion which alter the time line. Think Back to the Future II, only unfixable.

They can do anything they want to now. The movie features one massive event that changes a good deal of the Star Trek story from before.

It is what it is. Deal with it or watch reruns.

Frankie
05-08-2009, 09:13 AM
That situation is appropriately addressed in the movie. You'll have to check it out to understand. If we explained it, it would ruin some aspects of the movie.

Thanks. That's all I needed to know.

googlegoogle
05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Uhuru and Kirk weren't lovers except for one episode to create buzz.

Doing it for the movie is a joke. Only to be sensational.

Those hollywood liberals love interracial freakiness.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Gene Roddenberry the hack. LMAO

ROFL That was spectacular!

KCFalcon59
05-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Heading out to see it now. Can't wait.

irishjayhawk
05-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Went to see it in IMAX today and it was completley full with no seats 30 minutes before. I was shocked. And I worked at a theatre for 7 years. Friday at 1 rarely sells out especially with work and school still being in session.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I'd say that more than 50% of the people in attendance at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood last night were wearing uniforms from the TOS.

It was FAR geekier than the premiere of the "Phantom Menace".

Upon exiting, I overheard one guy say "I've never seen so many people with glasses in one room in my entire life".

ROFL

05-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Went to see it in IMAX today and it was completley full with no seats 30 minutes before. I was shocked. And I worked at a theatre for 7 years. Friday at 1 rarely sells out especially with work and school still being in session.I was going to go to the 1pm show Saturday but and thinking twice now. Not a fan of huge crowds. Usually the afternoon shows aren't that crowded even on opening weekend.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd say that more than 50% of the people in attendance at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood last night were wearing uniforms from the TOS.

Upon exiting, I overheard one guy say "I've never seen so many people with glasses in one room in my entire life".

ROFL
ROFLROFLROFL:thumb:

keg in kc
05-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Went to see it in IMAX today and it was completley full with no seats 30 minutes before. I was shocked. And I worked at a theatre for 7 years. Friday at 1 rarely sells out especially with work and school still being in session.I went at 10 am and there weren't many seats. I'd say it's a huge opening weekend.

Fish
05-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I went to the 8:00 show on Thursday, and I'd bet there weren't 20 people in the theater with me. I was shocked. I came early expecting a crowd. Guess everyone was waiting till the weekend......

05-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I went to the 8:00 show on Thursday, and I'd bet there weren't 20 people in the theater with me. I was shocked. I came early expecting a crowd. Guess everyone was waiting till the weekend......Hell, I didn't even know it was going to play a day early.

Sure-Oz
05-08-2009, 10:24 PM

ROFL

Damn, i didn't know you went to movies, i assume that you had your own theater and they just delivered the reel to your pad. :p

Sounds like it was funny to see the nerds

Miles
05-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Damn, i didn't know you went to movies, i assume that you had your own theater and they just delivered the reel to your pad. :p

Nah. I bet the actors usually just come over to his place and perform it live.

KcMizzou
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
WTF's wrong with wearing glasses?

I didn't get mine 'till I was 30... and my attractive young female Optometrist said they look good on me.

(probably spent more than I should have)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Nah. I bet the actors usually just come over to his place and perform it live.

Dane's place isn't zoned for farm animals.

05-08-2009, 11:38 PM
WTF's wrong with wearing glasses?

I didn't get mine 'till I was 30... and my attractive young female Optometrist said they look good on me.

(probably spent more than I should have)MUrons are suckers.:evil:

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 11:44 PM

One of the girls seated behind me was fully dressed on 1960's Star Trek Yeoman's garb. Red top, black skirt, high boots.

Let's just say that had I not been with my wife, I would have found it necessary to use my tricorder on her.

Oh, and it was a premiere in one of Hollywood's most famous theaters.

Frazod
05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
MUrons are suckers.:evil:

Sure was sad when Kirk died and the Enterprise was destroyed.... oops wrong thread.

:fire:

Frazod
05-08-2009, 11:46 PM
One of the girls seated behind me was fully dressed on 1960's Star Trek Yeoman's garb. Red top, black skirt, high boots.

Let's just say that had I not been with my wife, I would have found it necessary to use my tricorder on her.

Did you go to the Chinese theater on Hollywood Blvd?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Sure was sad when Kirk died and the Enterprise was destroyed.... oops wrong thread.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Did you go to the Chinese theater on Hollywood Blvd?

The Cinerama Dome on Sunset.

It's a much better venue and you can buy your seats in advance (plus, they have two bars and a restaurant in the theater).

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/static/Dome.html

Frazod
05-08-2009, 11:51 PM
The Cinerama Dome on Sunset.

It's a much better venue and you can buy your seats in advance (plus, they have two bars and a restaurant in the theater).

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/static/Dome.html

Sounds awesome. I think I'm going to go see it again tomorrow in IMAX.

luv
05-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Men are suckers.:evil:

Yep. They are.

05-09-2009, 12:05 AM

:fire:Peace or...UTTER DESTRUCTION...it's up to you.:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2009, 12:27 AM

Dude, did you know this chick's 50 YEARS OLD????

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/BelannaTorres.jpg

That blew my fucking mind.

blazzin311
05-09-2009, 03:33 AM
Question for anyone that could help me out, and don't bust my chops to hard over this. So I've never been a fan of Star Trek before or seen any of the movies, but this one looks fricken badass. Will I be totally lost if I go and see this without having viewed any of the others or will it still be worthwhile? Any help would be apprreciated. Thanks.

05-09-2009, 05:24 AM
The way I understand it, this movie was designed to appeal to the hardcore fans AND the new audiences. You should be safe.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2009, 07:53 AM

ROFL

That is crazy, wish you brought a camera.:) Sounds like a sweet theater.

StcChief
05-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Question for anyone that could help me out, and don't bust my chops to hard over this. So I've never been a fan of Star Trek before or seen any of the movies, but this one looks fricken badass. Will I be totally lost if I go and see this without having viewed any of the others or will it still be worthwhile? Any help would be apprreciated. Thanks.
being a Prequel. It would be like starting from the beginning.....
not a bad way to work your way thru the rest.

05-09-2009, 03:35 PM

They certainly could have done more with the green bitch. That was a class A rack. :drool:and yes, it did spoil the scene just slightly for me.:(:D

Frazod
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
and yes, it did spoil the scene just slightly for me.:(:D

WAAA :p

05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
WAAA :pDamn straight!!! heh

blazzin311
05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Well I just got back from the theatres after viewing the new Star Trek. I gotta say after not having viewed any of the previous movies nor even really being a fan of the franchise, I thought this movie was pretty fricken epic. Think I'm also going to have to go back and check out some of the earlier movies now. Although I can't really imagine they would stand in comparison to this one.

:thumb::thumb:

Buehler445
05-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Well I just got back from the theatres after viewing the new Star Trek. I gotta say after not having viewed any of the previous movies nor even really being a fan of the franchise, I thought this movie was pretty fricken epic. Think I'm also going to have to go back and check out some of the earlier movies now. Although I can't really imagine they would stand in comparison to this one.

Watch it again after the first ones. A lot of the humor in the details.

sd4chiefs
05-10-2009, 09:25 PM

Quick review using 5 stars. Just my opinion. I know others will disagree.

I - **
II - ****
III - ***
IV - ***
V - *
VI - ** oops, ***
VII - ***
VIII - ****
IX - *
X - no stars

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 09:33 PM
How can anyone put VI below III?

At least it doesn't have Christopher Lloyd.

Frazod
05-10-2009, 10:00 PM
My ranking of the films:

VIII First Contact *****
II Wrath of Khan *****
XI Star Trek 2009 ****
VI Undiscovered Country ****
III Search for Spock ***
VII Generations ***
IV Voyage Home ***
X Nemesis **
I The Motion Picture **
V The Final Frontier *
IX Insurrection *

sd4chiefs
05-10-2009, 10:00 PM
How can anyone put VI below III?

At least it doesn't have Christopher Lloyd.

Yes true, but it did have a very fat ass Uhura doing a Fan Dance. :(

I am soooooo sorry if others disagree with my ratings. I am not going to reply to anyone else who does not like my ratings.

Frazod
05-10-2009, 10:03 PM

That was V, not VI.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 10:04 PM

I am soooooo sorry if others disagree with my ratings. I am not going to reply to anyone else who does not like my ratings.

WRONG!

That was in V.

Trekkie card revoked.

Frazod
05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
WRONG!

That was in V.

Trekkie card revoked.

First in. :p

sd4chiefs
05-10-2009, 10:07 PM
WRONG!

That was in V.

Trekkie card revoked.

Your right. I am wrong. VI should be *** stars. :doh!:

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
First in. :p

I'm not listening to ANYONE who puts Voyage Home below any TNG movie.

:spock:

edit - fuck I love Star Trek talk. We need a Star Trek subforum.

Frazod
05-10-2009, 10:09 PM

Fuck the whales. I want SPACE BATTLES.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2009, 10:12 PM
**** the whales. I want SPACE BATTLES.

Well double dumba** on you then!

sd4chiefs
05-10-2009, 10:14 PM

edit - **** I love Star Trek talk. We need a Star Trek subforum.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Fuck the whales. I want SPACE BATTLES.

You, sir, FAIL. YOU FAIL.

Space battles are a dime a dozen. UNIQUE CHARACTER MOMENTS are what Star Trek is all about.

Frazod
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
You, sir, FAIL. YOU FAIL.

Space battles are a dime a dozen. UNIQUE CHARACTER MOMENTS are what Star Trek is all about.

I can get unique character moments from any show. I WANT SPACE BATTLES and AWESOME VILLAINS. Star Trek IV didn't even have a bad guy. Lame.

I just watched First Contact again tonight for the 1,000th time. I still love it. If you think looking for whales and nuclear wessels is better than Picard's quest for vengeance and the evile Borg Queen, you FAIL. :harumph:

Demonpenz
05-10-2009, 10:28 PM
watching nerds talk about star trek is more fun than star trek

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I can get unique character moments from any show. I WANT SPACE BATTLES and AWESOME VILLAINS. Star Trek IV didn't even have a bad guy. Lame.

WRONG!

You can get space battles in fucking VOYAGER for chrissakes.

ONLY in Star Trek IV does Spock nerve pinch a punk asshole on a bus. ONLY in Star Trek IV does Spock say "dumbass."

ONLY in Star Trek IV does Kirk eat pizza and drink FUCKING MICHELOB.

THAT is the shit that made it the HIGHEST GROSSING TREK EVER.

I just watched First Contact again tonight for the 1,000th time.

But Generations is better.

WHY?

Because Data says, "OHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT!"

Frazod
05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
First Contact had the highest gross - $150,000,000.

And I don't care about Data and Spock cussing.

VILLAINS. DRAMA. SHIT BLOWING UP IN SPACE. That's what matters.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
First Contact had the highest gross - $150,000,000.

And I don't care about Data and Spock cussing.

VILLAINS. DRAMA. SHIT BLOWING UP IN SPACE. That's what matters.

ADJUST FOR INFLATION!!!!

You're confusing Star Trek with Star Wars. Star Wars is about shit blowing up in space. Star Trek is about McCoy pissing grits while Kirk does something retarded and Spock is unintentionally hilarious.

Frazod
05-10-2009, 10:38 PM
ADJUST FOR INFLATION!!!!

You're confusing Star Trek with Star Wars. Star Wars is about shit blowing up in space. Star Trek is about McCoy pissing grits while Kirk does something retarded and Spock is unintentionally hilarious.

You just need to watch the original series, then. Over and over. I moved on.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Do you know what I said when I met Walter Koenig?

I asked that motherfucker to sign my photo "Nuclear Wessels."

I didn't ask him about photon fucking torpedoes.

sd4chiefs
05-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I found this. Knock yourself out.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15091_best-worst-star-trek-movies-all-time.html

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 11:32 PM
The sad thing is I know what line Shatner just uttered in this photo from the article:

http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/cracked/jp/batman/st2.jpg

Hammock Parties
05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Also, under all that makeup, the President of the United Federation of Planets is played by none other than Red Forman from That '70s Show

HOLY FUCK!

I had no idea.

05-10-2009, 11:50 PM
HOLY ****!

I had no idea.
[/b]YOU didn't know THAT?:eek:

Portlantis
05-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Uhuru and Kirk weren't lovers except for one episode to create buzz.

Doing it for the movie is a joke. Only to be sensational.

Those hollywood liberals love interracial freakiness.

SPOILER

If you had actually seen the movie, you'd know that Uhura hooks up with Spock, not Kirk.

That's interspecies freakiness right there, which is even hotter.

sd4chiefs
05-11-2009, 09:53 AM
SNL ST Get a Life ROFL

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/star-trek-tos-william-shatner-snl-get-a-life/1551203454

JD10367
08-22-2010, 01:56 AM
I was supposed to destroy my IMAX print last year but ignored the film company up until now. Ran the print for myself one last time tonight before I chop it up. I forgot how frigging good this movie was.

Red Brooklyn
08-22-2010, 09:47 AM
It's a stellar movie. For what it is... it's just about flawless. Solid A+ film.

Bowser
08-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I was supposed to destroy my IMAX print last year but ignored the film company up until now. Ran the print for myself one last time tonight before I chop it up. I forgot how frigging good this movie was.Abrams struck gold making this movie. All the Trekkie purists who bitched and moaned with him taking liberties with the ST mythos can eat a dick.

vailpass
08-22-2010, 04:04 PM
SPOILER

If you had actually seen the movie, you'd know that Uhura hooks up with Spock, not Kirk.

That's interspecies freakiness right there, which is even hotter.

Yes.
And the Uhura that hooks up with spock is 100000000000000000000000X hotter than the one in the origianl series.
How funny was it that her room mate was a geen chick and Kirk was banging her?