PDA

View Full Version : Football Who is worse? Vick or PETA?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-21-2009, 09:55 PM
First off, I do not condone dog fighting. I have always had dogs growing up, have 2 now, and will always have dogs....but this is an interesting read.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA kills more than 90% of the animals they "rescue", while a no-budget, practically unfunded shelter down the street from the PETA headquarters adopts out more than 60% of the animals they rescue. Where is the donation money PETA receives from animal lovers going?

Exclusive: PETA’s Pet Killing Program Set a New Record in 2008
Public Records: PETA Found Adoptive Homes for Less than 1 out of 300 Animals

Animal lovers worldwide now have access to more than a decade’s worth of proof that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) kills thousands of defenseless pets at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. Since 1998, PETA has opted to “put down” 21,339 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens instead of finding homes for them.

PETA’s “Animal Record” report for 2008, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 95 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2008, PETA found adoptive homes for just seven pets.

Just seven animals -- out of the 2,216 it took in. PETA just broke its own record.

Why would an animal rights group secretly kill animals at its headquarters? PETA’s continued silence on the matter makes it hard to say for sure. But from a cost-saving standpoint, PETA’s hypocrisy isn’t difficult to understand: Killing adoptable cats and dogs – and storing the bodies in a walk-in freezer until they can be cremated – requires far less money and effort than caring for the pets until they are adopted.

PETA has a $32 million annual budget. But instead of investing in the lives of the thousands of flesh and blood creatures in its care, the group spends millions on media campaigns telling Americans that eating meat, drinking milk, fishing, hunting, wearing leather shoes, and benefiting from medical research performed on lab rats are all “unethical.”

The bottom line: PETA’s leaders care more about cutting into their advertising budget than finding homes for the nearly six pets they kill on average, every single day.

The Virginia Beach SPCA, just down the road from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters, manages to adopt out the vast majority of the animals in its care. And it does it on a shoestring budget.

Years of public outrage has not been enough to convince PETA to eliminate its pet eradication program.

Now the death toll of animals in PETA’s care has reached 21,339, including more than 2,000 pets last year. That’s not an animal charity. It’s a slaughterhouse.

KCBOSS1
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Not a PETA fan

KCBOSS1
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I like Vick better

Kyle DeLexus
04-21-2009, 10:04 PM
PETA hands down. I don't like what Vick did one bit but, the fact remains that there have been 2 NFL players kill human beings while driving under the influence of alcohol. Vick got treated far worse than they did. Part of the reason for that is PETA. They cash in on peoples love for animals, they used the Vick incident as a MAJOR fund raising campaign IMO.

RJ
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Perhaps they both suck for entirely different reasons.

BWillie
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I hate Peta simply because I hate hippies and all of the stupid peta propaganda who make me feel bad for eating meat.

Bugeater
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Not surprising, they're a bunch of fucking whack jobs. What I find more disturbing is that there are enough wealthy whackos out there to provide them with $32M in funding each year.

Bugeater
04-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I hate Peta simply because I hate hippies and all of the stupid peta propaganda who make me feel bad for eating meat.
You actually let them make you feel bad for eating meat? Just the thought of them makes me want to go slaughter an animal and eat it.

Spott
04-21-2009, 10:10 PM
I think everyone is for the ethical treatment of animals but they tend to take it way too far. If God didn't want us to eat steak, he wouldn't have given us teeth.

Bwana
04-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Both are useless, but I would have to say, I really really can't stand PETA.

stlchiefs
04-22-2009, 06:53 AM
PETA is worse. Vick has done his time and then some, PETA has a consistent superiority complex. What a bunch of pricks.

Duck Dog
04-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Vick's a scum sucking animal abuser. That being said I like him much more than PETA. It has been reported for years that PETA is a scam designed to fill the coffers of a few, like Ingrid Newkirk, while pulling on the strings of bleeding hearts.

Duck Dog
04-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Perhaps they both suck for entirely different reasons.

Pretty much sums it up.

whatsmynameagain
04-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I think everyone is for the ethical treatment of animals but they tend to take it way too far. If God didn't want us to eat steak, he wouldn't have given us teeth.

wow! exhale the nitrous.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Radar Chief
04-22-2009, 07:30 AM
PETA by far.
Vick is an animal abuser that has paid for his crime.
PETA is a group of flaming hypocrites that get paid for their crime.
1000 Vick’s couldn’t have killed as many dogs as PETA has.

Rooster
04-22-2009, 08:06 AM
PETA has always been a better pocket passer.

Demonpenz
04-22-2009, 08:09 AM
i have a hard time with vick, because I gladly eat chicken, fish, beef, that has suffered. Some people say to themselves "well we eat the meat so it's different" to me the eating part doesn't change the fact they died aweful aweful deaths, one just happens to be delicious.

Demonpenz
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM

erounious our teeth are far more more for eating berry's and grinding up small seeds. God gave us teeth to eat veggies and plants, man invented Tenderizer and steak knives. Jesus if describes in the bible how tough fish are to eat.

Goldmember
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Don't let PETA make you hate other good animal rights organizations such as the Humane Society. They an extreme group.

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 08:27 AM
PETA was dumping those animals i 05 in dumpsters behind Asian Resturants. They are dirtbags.

blaise
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
PETA is way worse. At least Vick apologized.

Molitoth
04-22-2009, 08:43 AM
PETA

EyePod
04-22-2009, 08:45 AM
PETA is worse. Just think about how many more animals they could save if they weren't wasting their money on paint to pour on fur coats.

MOhillbilly
04-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Don't let PETA make you hate other good animal rights organizations such as the Humane Society. They an extreme group.

you dont know what you are talking about. the head of peta and the head of the HSUS are on the same page. both clicks kill far far more animals than they 'shelter'. add the aspca to this list.

EyePod
04-22-2009, 08:49 AM

There are much better groups, but PETA is terrible. NGAPP (i forget what it stands for), an association that rescues greyhounds after they're done racing is really good. I've gone a few times and volunteered by walking dogs for them. Plus, if you want a greyhound, they come pretty cheap from them.

EyePod
04-22-2009, 08:50 AM
you dont know what you are talking about. the head of peta and the head of the HSUS are on the same page. both clicks kill far far more animals than they 'shelter'. add the aspca to this list.

Would you rather the ASPCA just not accept animals that were found then? They fill up really quickly.

MOhillbilly
04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Would you rather the ASPCA just not accept animals that were found then? They fill up really quickly.

ive said on this BB multiple times what i think should be done to control the pet population. What we dont need is radicals telling our elected officials what rights as animal owners we have and dont have.
Just more of a small minority with money and a powerful lobby telling the majority whats right and wrong and adding insane laws to the books for either outright neglect or percieved neglect(you dont have a choice,these groups show up to your home/farm your animals are gone).

Radar Chief
04-22-2009, 09:11 AM
ive said on this BB multiple times what i think should be done to control the pet population. What we dont need is radicals telling our elected officials what rights as animal owners we have and dont have.
Just more of a small minority with money and a powerful lobby telling the majority whats right and wrong and adding insane laws to the books for either outright neglect or percieved neglect(you dont have a choice,these groups show up to your home/farm your animals are gone).

Horse Aid, anyone ever heard of them?
Well a few years ago a local rancher had over a dozen horses taken from him after some chick from Horse Aid decided his horses were neglected. She shows up spouting orders, which the Sheriff and County Prosecutor complied with as if she held any authority, and confiscated his horses. This even after two different veterinarians gave the horses a complete physical and found nothing wrong with them.
The ranchers name was smeared all over the local news and he lost thousands of dollars in property all because some busy body that obviously didn’t know what she was talking about decided he wasn’t taking care of them to her satisfaction.

MOhillbilly
04-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Horse Aid, anyone ever heard of them?
Well a few years ago a local rancher had over a dozen horses taken from him after some chick from Horse Aid decided his horses were neglected. She shows up spouting orders, which the Sheriff and County Prosecutor complied with as if she held any authority, and confiscated his horses. This even after two different veterinarians gave the horses a complete physical and found nothing wrong with them.
The ranchers name was smeared all over the local news and he lost thousands of dollars in property all because some busy body that obviously didn’t know what she was talking about decided he wasn’t taking care of them to her satisfaction.

never heard of it but this kind of tactic goes on all the time. name any other time someone without a warrant can steal your property. hell someone who isnt even a goverment official. these groups carry a big stick in the media and the local powers that be know it.

It should be local law enforcements problem to deal with animal ABUSE and not have some busybody neardowell convict a person on animal USE, just because the disagree with the said treatment.
I hunt dogs, god forbid they showed at my place after a hunt. Well they wouldnt, but i know plenty of guys who worry about it.

EyePod
04-22-2009, 09:38 AM

Similar to pit bull laws. They're completely retarded. Plus the media is ridiculous. They report any dog bite as a pit bull bite, even when it's a golden retreiver. Oh, and they're more likely to have a bad temperament than pit bulls anyways.

EyePod
04-22-2009, 09:40 AM
never heard of it but this kind of tactic goes on all the time. name any other time someone without a warrant can steal your property. hell someone who isnt even a goverment official. these groups carry a big stick in the media and the local powers that be know it.

It should be local law enforcements problem to deal with animal ABUSE and not have some busybody neardowell convict a person on animal USE, just because the disagree with the said treatment.
I hunt dogs, god forbid they showed at my place after a hunt. Well they wouldnt, but i know plenty of guys who worry about it.

I'm guessing you mean that you use dogs to hunt? I just wanted to make sure...

blaise
04-22-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm guessing you mean that you use dogs to hunt? I just wanted to make sure...

He means he chases ugly chicks at bars.

EyePod
04-22-2009, 10:07 AM
He means he chases ugly chicks at bars.

I guess PETA would be OK with that, as long as no animals got hurt in the process.

Infidel Goat
04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Does PETA euthanize dogs by having them fight to the death?

If so, PETA. Otherwise, Vick...

Crush
04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Where is the "they can both die in a fire" option?

Duck Dog
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM

The Human Society is largest anti-hunting, anti-pet organization in the world. They are worse than PETA simply because they have clout and people think they actually are their to help. They can suck on lit stick of dynamite.